The Amazing Race International Versions > TAR Asia

Michael McKay (TARA Producer)

(1/9) > >>

georgiapeach:

Michael McKay routinely (and very kindly) answers forum members' questions over on the AXN boards.

I thought it would be fun and informative to share the most interesting of those here as well!

georgiapeach:
I found this quote very interesting in terms of helping us to understand what the race may hold:

--- Quote ---"I wanted the third series to look and feel different to the others. I didn't want it to focus so much on the big travel legs of series 2. I wanted to set a route that tested the stamina and endurance of the teams and their smarts. I was keen to establish it as an extremely tough race right from the outset and one that focuses attention on the teams and their relationships. I really do hope fans of the series will love The Amazing Race Asia 3 as much as we love producing it for them" he adds.
--- End quote ---

Harder racing? Fewer extended pitstops? Hmmmm...

georgiapeach:
Michael Mckay (TARA3 Producer) has said:

--- Quote ---Did K&V REALLY apply to be on TARA3?
All will be revealed on Racers Revealed, Sept 4.
--- End quote ---

Want  to know more? Have a look over here: :lol:

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,13770.new.html#new

apskip:

--- Quote from: georgiapeach on August 28, 2008, 04:20:11 PM ---I found this quote very interesting in terms of helping us to understand what the race may hold:

--- Quote ---"I wanted the third series to look and feel different to the others. I didn't want it to focus so much on the big travel legs of series 2. I wanted to set a route that tested the stamina and endurance of the teams and their smarts. I was keen to establish it as an extremely tough race right from the outset and one that focuses attention on the teams and their relationships. I really do hope fans of the series will love The Amazing Race Asia 3 as much as we love producing it for them" he adds.
--- End quote ---

Harder racing? Fewer extended pitstops? Hmmmm...

--- End quote ---

Peach:
There is a difference between harder racing(which is highly likely given McKay's statements) and extended pitstops, which I think will still be needed particularly because of the need for racers to have down time. I also think that harder racing means fewer NELs, which have not been too difficult in part Amazing Race Asia seasons.

georgiapeach:
That's what puzzles me. I think harder racing means less racer downtime and hence fewer extended pitstops. But I am all in favor of fewer NEL's, but I think we will have to have some to make the episodes come out right.

(apskip I moved your previous comment on this to spoilers in answer to banzai's question)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version