Author Topic: Opening 3-1/2 Minutes of "Survivor: Gabon - Earth's Last Eden"  (Read 3340 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Opening 3-1/2 Minutes of "Survivor: Gabon - Earth's Last Eden"
« on: September 18, 2008, 05:58:39 PM »
CNET AND CBS TO PROVIDE EXCLUSIVE FIRST LOOK AT "SURVIVOR: GABON -- EARTH'S LAST EDEN" IN HIGH DEFINITION
Opening 3-1/2 Minutes of "Survivor: Gabon - Earth's Last Eden" to Premier on CNET's New HD-Video Player - The First Edition of the Hit Reality Series Ever to Air in HD

http://cnet.com/survivor

http://cnettv.cnet.comundefined

SAN FRANCISCO, Sept. 18 - CNET (http://www.cnet.com/), where people go to discover the latest in tech and consumer electronics, and a property of CBS Interactive, today announced it has teamed up with CBS Entertainment to provide the exclusive first look at SURVIVOR: GABON - EARTH'S LAST EDEN in high definition.  

The opening three-and-a-half minutes of the hit reality series' new season will be available to stream at http://cnet.com/survivor beginning Sept. 18 at 8:00 PM, ET, exactly one week before the show's premiere on the CBS Television Network.  The exclusive first look will be shown in high-definition on CNET's new HD-video player, which launched this week.  

CNET will also feature several exclusive video packages from  SURVIVOR: GABON - EARTH'S LAST EDEN, including a behind-the-scenes look at the HD technology used to produce the show, and segments from host Jeff Probst who shares his insights on the castaways and gives a tour of this season's Tribal Council location.  

This season marks the first time that the hit reality series has been shot in HD, enhancing the magnificent African landscape, natural elements and fascinating wildlife seen on the show.  SURVIVOR: GABON - EARTH'S LAST EDEN premieres Thursday, Sept. 25 at 8:00 PM on the CBS Television Network.  

Full episodes of SURVIVOR: GABON - EARTH'S LAST EDEN in high definition will be available at http://www.cbs.com/, the hub of the CBS Audience Network, following their broadcast on the CBS Television Network.  CBS.com will also feature SURVIVOR: GABON - EARTH'S LAST EDEN video clips, photo galleries and message boards.

"The premiere of SURVIVOR in HD and the launch of CNET's new HD player coincide nicely, providing a unique promotional opportunity to serve SURVIVOR'S rabid fans and CNET's audience of tech enthusiasts with an early look at the new season and its new technology," said George Schweitzer, Chief Marketing Officer, CBS Corporation.  "This is another great example of utilizing CBS' diverse portfolio of assets to extend our marketing reach for the launch of the Fall season."

"We're very excited to bring SURVIVOR fans and our CNET audience an exclusive first look at this long-running hit series, and couldn't imagine a better way to premiere our own HD-video player," said Joe Gillespie, Executive Vice President, CBS Interactive.  "The launch of our own HD-video player now gives us the ability to provide our users with the rich, detailed video they are becoming more accustomed to as the popularity of HDTVs and HD programming increases."

Recently, CNET upgraded its video player so that users now have the option to watch any video in HD or Standard Definition, depending on their bandwidth. In addition, they will also be able to download CNET videos in HD and watch them on any device, from a computer monitor to a 50-inch LCD TV.  Starting in October, Sony will be the exclusive sponsor of the HD video player.  

All new HD format videos can be found on CNET TV (http://cnettv.cnet.com/), the single destination to access all of CNET's original video content, including CNET'S popular tech product reviews and CNET TV's original programming such as Buzz Report and Insider Secrets.  Now with the HD format, tech product videos like CNET's "First Look from the Labs" will help users through the comparison shopping process as the new format gives a rich, detailed look at all the features of consumer electronics like MP3 players, cell phones, laptops, and digital cameras.  

About CNET

CNET (http://www.cnet.com/), a property of CBS Interactive, is where people go to discover the latest in tech and consumer electronics. Driven by a trusted voice and a passionate community, CNET creates an open environment for people to find and use the best products to fit their lifestyle. The powerful combination of CNET's award-winning news, lab-tested product reviews, safe and spyware-free downloads, and user-generated content give people information and inspiration to live and thrive in a life gone digital.

About the CBS Audience Network

With CBS.com serving as its hub, the CBS Audience Network has more than 300 partners including AOL, Microsoft, Yahoo!, Fancast, Joost, Bebo, Netvibes, Sling Media and Veoh and social application partners including Automattic, Brightcove, Clearspring, DAVE Networks, Goowy Media, meebo, MeeVee, Musestorm, Ning, RockYou!, Slide, VideoEgg, Voxant and vSocial as well as Web sites from CBS's owned television, radio, and affiliated stations.  The growing slate of CBS entertainment, news and sports content available includes a roster of full episodes, clips and highlights based on CBS and Showtime programming as well as original made-for-the-web content from EyeLab, a programming unit that produces and distributes short form video to the CBS Audience Network.  All content is ad supported and free to consumers.

« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 07:18:39 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 07:18:10 PM by puddin »

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• RFF's Goodwill Ambassador
  • I Live at RFF
  • No more wire hangers EVER!
Re: Opening 3-1/2 Minutes of "Survivor: Gabon - Earth's Last Eden"
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 11:01:19 PM »
i caught the special  the other day  on TVGN and it will be shown again on fri at 6pm  EST according to DTV.

it looked great!! i can't wait!!!

i got chicken skin!!! :wohoo:!!!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 11:04:34 PM by ugot2bekidinmeny »
zero, zilch, nada, nothing!

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2008, 03:04:38 AM »
darn I cant watch it!! darn well neva mind. I was wondering if I can watch it on youtube or another place
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2008, 05:25:35 AM »
do not worry. It is great I saw it and just as you ugot2bekidinmey I got goosebumps wow it was gr8!!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.