Author Topic: Ongoing BB10 Feed "Discussion  (Read 269444 times)

Offline Bandit3S

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: Ongoing BB10 Feed "Discussion
« Reply #525 on: September 01, 2008, 06:13:51 PM »

Way toooooo much has been made of Jerry being a "Marine"! He has said he
went in at age 17---and was in for 4 years! He also has said he was a Sgt(which has to be a bold faced
lie)!! Talk abot a BB eggggggaggggggggggggeration! Just like BB saying That Renny
has a hair salon. She said the other night that she rents a booth.

That's ALL?? He was only in for four years? The way he makes it sound I thought maybe he had retired from the Marines. Thanks for the info!!!

Offline furzball

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #526 on: September 01, 2008, 06:27:44 PM »
Yepper--4 years!!! I think he has a bad habit of forgetting what he tells the HGs &
us!!! He did say he was in for 4 years. :res:

Offline BamBam

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #527 on: September 01, 2008, 06:46:45 PM »
Just chalk it up for more great editing when it comes to Jerry.  We were with friends for dinner on Friday night and got to talking about the show.  They were saying how much they are rooting for Jerry and all.  I started to fill them in on what Jerry is REALLY like and they could hardly believe it.  Even wanted to argue with me about it.  I gave them this WONDERFUL web site to catch up on and they called me last night to say they were sorry and that Jerry is an utter moron.  I am worried that if there is an America's Choice for some extra money at the end of the show that Jerry will get it just due to his editing job.  That would totally not be fair.

Offline furzball

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #528 on: September 01, 2008, 07:01:14 PM »
That's exactly what I'm afraid of!! (:;)

Offline Pumpkin

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #529 on: September 01, 2008, 07:08:16 PM »
Just got back from a week at the beach and had to rely on the airing of the show to get my BB fix. I now appreciate the live updates even more than I did before. (thank you, wonderful and dedicated updaters  :kuss:)

If I had to rely on only what CBS shows, I don't think I would know these houseguests for what they really are (read: Jerry). Have to agree with every point that has been made about editing. Respect for elders is admirable, but only when that respect is deserved. In Jerry's case, it is clearly not.
There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity. Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Offline Pumpkin

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #530 on: September 02, 2008, 04:27:03 AM »
I apologize in advance, but someone must save me here. Yes, I have watched BB many times in the past, but I can't seem to remember how POV works towards the finals.

So one goes this week - there are 4 left. They keep saying they have to be careful of Jerry winning POV next week, but something doesn't jive with me. If there are 4, that means one HOH, 2 noms, and one other person. If that one other person wins the POV and takes someone off, there would be no one else to put up since the person who uses the POV can't go up. So, how does the POV come into play when there are only 4 left?

Sorry, but it is so hard for me to remember the particular mechanics of the game at times!
There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity. Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Offline alohakiwi

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #531 on: September 02, 2008, 05:54:19 AM »
I could not agree with you more  :funny:

I was thinking of that too -- it was a sort of an update on the Gnat Matt showmance.  He just shoved her away.  It was a good object lesson about shipboard romances -- not to put your whole heart into them, as they are by nature temporary and formed from a small pool of people.

I hope April sees Ollie for what he is from a new POV, how he talks big and doesn't deliver and hides behind women -- whisper sisters he sends out to do what he thinks they should do.  He often sizes up a situation well, from his litter, so he seems to make sense, though in the grand scheme of things he's out of it.  That little temper tantrum was ridiculous; he had no one to blame but himself.

Here's a good challenge for all; I'll post it separately also and try to get a thread going.  Along the lines of Aesop's Fables, what object lessons can we take from anecdotes in BB -- and an anecdote may well be one person's entire experience there.  I got on to this from thinking, re: Ollie's tantrum and why everyone saw it as an outrageous reaction, and thinking about how he was boasting, "Well, I own Dan.  I have all the power.  I control what will happen in the game from here on . . . [and for the cameras, his ego, and for "America":]  I don't think that has ever been done before.  Ha HA!"

Everyone (except for BB10 production, "YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO TALK ABOUT PRODUCTION!"  eeeekkk!) saw his tantrum as foolish and outrageous because they saw the "agreement" as foolish and outrageous, and the moral of the story is,

"If you think something is too good to be true, it probably is."

--Alison
[/quote]

Offline Addicted TO BIG BROTHER

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #532 on: September 02, 2008, 07:21:45 AM »
You know.At first of the season, i was rooting for Jerry to take it all the way... BUT after I seen on show time how he really is and from here, i dont want him winning at all...Id rather see Dan and Memphis take it home or better yet Renny but that probably wont happen as I believe they are gonna back door Renny...
And I watched last night or the night before I cant remember when Jerry said he would give the money away to charity if he won, which is all fine and danny, but Id rather see someone win the money and spend it on getting there life started all over again...
And besides what does Jerry need the money for anyways? He's seen it all, done it all heck he even said he walked lobsters on dog colors before  :funny:

Offline ThunderStruck

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #533 on: September 02, 2008, 10:07:05 AM »
I wish BB would give Memphis a chap stick or some kind of lip moisturizer, his constant sticking his tongue out to moist his chapped lips is driving me crazy

Memphis has a stubby little tongue.  He is handsome and all, but his tongue looks like a lizard.  YUK

Offline sass

• Big Brother Updaters
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #534 on: September 02, 2008, 11:53:27 AM »
I apologize in advance, but someone must save me here. Yes, I have watched BB many times in the past, but I can't seem to remember how POV works towards the finals.

So one goes this week - there are 4 left. They keep saying they have to be careful of Jerry winning POV next week, but something doesn't jive with me. If there are 4, that means one HOH, 2 noms, and one other person. If that one other person wins the POV and takes someone off, there would be no one else to put up since the person who uses the POV can't go up. So, how does the POV come into play when there are only 4 left?

Sorry, but it is so hard for me to remember the particular mechanics of the game at times!

There is only one vote when it is final 4. The person that is not HOH or on the block is the lone vote.  The POV would not be used for that reason by the person who is not on the block, becuase the only way POV is used this week is if a nom uses it to save theirself or if the HOH decides on trying to BD the person that is not on the block.  For this reason the person who is not up on the block has no reason to use the POV because there is no way it would benefit them.  I hope this helps.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #535 on: September 02, 2008, 12:04:58 PM »
Thanks sass!!  :hearts:
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #536 on: September 02, 2008, 01:56:47 PM »
 :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo:

Exactly 2 weeks to go and we are home free!

14 more days.....PRAISE THE LORD!

:yess: :yess: :yess:

Offline Artzy13

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #537 on: September 02, 2008, 02:50:39 PM »
Happy September! Well, we're almost there. I just hope that Jerry is booted out next week. If he is there one minute more than that I just won't be able to deal. Aside from him, I think this has been an outstanding cast. I wish we could have had a bit more of Brian and a lot less of Jerry, but over all they really did a great job. I am  going to miss Renny a lot! She is so interesting and entertaining to watch. Her quirky personality really sets the pace, especially during BBAD. It's going to be very long and boring without her. I can see a lot of fast forwarding in my future. I don;t think that Memphis will ever have to go to anger management again. If he has survived this long without knocking Jerry out, then he has conquered that demon. Poor Keesha is going to get left hanging with Jerry next week. I can see Dan dreaming up  ways to ditch her and leave her with him. She and Memphis deserve to go to the end. I think it will be a more even voting field between the two, and Keesha will have Renny in the Jury House pushing for her. At this point as long as Jerry goes next I will be happy.

Offline Pumpkin

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #538 on: September 02, 2008, 02:57:00 PM »

There is only one vote when it is final 4. The person that is not HOH or on the block is the lone vote.  The POV would not be used for that reason by the person who is not on the block, becuase the only way POV is used this week is if a nom uses it to save theirself or if the HOH decides on trying to BD the person that is not on the block.  For this reason the person who is not up on the block has no reason to use the POV because there is no way it would benefit them.  I hope this helps.

Thanks Sass - it did help. I just couldn't figure out what would happen if the person who ISN'T on the block would use it - - - - they wouldn't, of course, because there would not be anyone else who would go up in that place. Got it! Thanks again.

Offline lovemykiddies

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #539 on: September 02, 2008, 07:42:48 PM »
I really can't believe I'm about to say this....sigh....

But I feel sorry for Jerry.   :hides

He's all alone - like a social pariah.  And I know he put himself in that position.  And I know he's a perv...and a jerk...and a cruel gossip...and a nose picker....and I surely know that HE'S the one who decided, at age 75 (in case you didn't know) to leave his sick wife, children, grandchildren and great grandchildren...

But I just feel really bad for someone who, at that age, is soo socially inept.  He's sitting up in that room by himself, reading his letter...all alone looking sad...ugh.

He needs to be a jerk again so I can get out of this funk!

Offline jjjbruin

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #540 on: September 02, 2008, 07:59:44 PM »

He's all alone - like a social pariah.  And I know he put himself in that position.  And I know he's a perv...and a jerk...and a cruel gossip...and a nose picker....and I surely know that HE'S the one who decided, at age 75 (in case you didn't know) to leave his sick wife, children, grandchildren and great grandchildren...

But I just feel really bad for someone who, at that age, is soo socially inept.  He's sitting up in that room by himself, reading his letter...all alone looking sad...ugh.

To look at the bright side, perhaps Jerry's a social pariah at home too and we are saving his family from direct contact for a little bit (albiet at the cost of national shame).

Offline lovemykiddies

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #541 on: September 02, 2008, 08:05:03 PM »

To look at the bright side, perhaps Jerry's a social pariah at home too and we are saving his family from direct contact for a little bit (albiet at the cost of national shame).

Sheeww!!!!  You made me feel SO much better!!  :yess:

Offline bbjunkey

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #542 on: September 02, 2008, 08:25:21 PM »
So I'm watching the prime time BB right now.  I get the impression that memphis is using everyone.  I had thought from the feeds that he really was in an alliance with Dan and just mouthing it to Jerry and Keesha.  But he told Jerry if he got HOH he would not put him up?  WTF????

Offline lovemykiddies

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #543 on: September 02, 2008, 08:43:26 PM »
Ok - that POV was SICK!!!

I haven't laughed that hard in soo long! 

Thanks Big Brother for redeeming yourself!

Offline pledge

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #544 on: September 02, 2008, 08:44:54 PM »
OK   Keesha is driving me crazy     :pull    If I hear her say one more time this is craaaaazy    or I'm soooo bored    or this is soooooo boring      :lala    I'm sure it is but I never see her try to do anything to make it more fun/exciting ......... she just complains         deep breath     I'm finished venting.

Offline furzball

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #545 on: September 02, 2008, 09:03:17 PM »
I can't believe that Memphis still thinks that's he's ok with Jerry!!! :snicker:

The editing to make that nasty old slimy hairball-Jerry---look so nice and sweet
is realliy ticking me off!!!!! :meow:

Well, at least we know that we will see something from the Jury House
on Thursday!

Offline dreamcatcher

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #546 on: September 02, 2008, 09:06:23 PM »
  If I have to hear Dan talk about the "renegades" one more time I will scream!!  I understand that Jerry is irritating but IMO Dan and Memphis are just as irritating with their constant strutting around and bragging.  :res:  And why does Dan yell in the diary room?  Does he think we can't hear him or can he not hear himself?  I just had to vent.

Offline bbjunkey

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #547 on: September 02, 2008, 09:07:34 PM »
That's a big mistake on Memphis's part.  Never feel your safe with Jerry.  And if I were Memphis and Dan -- I'd be working on Keesha that the only goal this week is to get Jerry out.  

Offline KitKat

• RFF's Kitty Kat
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #548 on: September 02, 2008, 09:12:39 PM »
My bet is that keesha will try to get rid of either dan or memphis. Jerry has got her thinking now ....I hope! as much as I would love to see him go home I dont want to see keesha leave.
delightful just delightful

Offline sass

• Big Brother Updaters
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #549 on: September 02, 2008, 09:25:25 PM »
They gave Memphis such a bad edit tonight, but they are actually showing him for what he really is, I think.  The cameras will only hide your personality for so long.  He must be a lot like Brian and that is why he wanted him out the first week.

I think that they gave Keesha a really good edit today, especially during the POV comp.