Author Topic: Ongoing BB10 Feed "Discussion  (Read 269234 times)

Offline BamBam

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Ongoing BB10 Feed "Discussion
« Reply #500 on: August 31, 2008, 01:38:29 PM »
Apropos of absolutely nothing I was just wondering if anyone knows whatever happened to last year's winner Adam? I haven't seen or heard any mention of him on any of the BB fan sites.

He lost his job, never donated a cent to the Autism Foundation, has been spending money on "good times, playa (player = drinking, partying, drugs, women) and he's moving back to Florida.

But are we really surprised????  Not me.

Offline Artzy13

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #501 on: August 31, 2008, 01:43:45 PM »
Speaking of "no surprises" I just did a fast cruise by BB8 on ebay and it looks like Zach has emptied his closet and drawers and dumped it all on ebay! Almost everything has only one bid and the rest, none. It's too bad that Keesha is friends with him because I really like her, and that makes me seriously question her judgement. He is so bizarre. :ascared

Offline kcphilly

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • FB
« Reply #502 on: August 31, 2008, 03:22:09 PM »
I just found a post on the CBS boards that someone who says she knows Renny and her family said that CBS contacted her family and they are taking the necessary precautions to evacuate and that the did NOT want CBS to tell her because she'd just worry.

Now, I know this probably can only be taken with a grain of salt, but I'd like to think it is true that CBS made this effort.

I have been thinking of Renny and her family with this hurricane news.

I'm would hope BB would ask them before they go into the house what they would like to be informed of.

If her family is safe, I can see them telling CBS not to tell her...because if they had to leave, it would mean she couldn't even go to her house if she wanted.   I'm sure her husband knew what possessions are most important to her and took whatever he could with him.  There's not much different that would have happened even if Renny was home with them.

And yeah it would make her worried, what if the storm passes and things are ok, she will feel horrible for nothing.  And even if the worst happened and her house was destroyed, she needs to find out when she is back with her family where they can deal with it together.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #503 on: August 31, 2008, 06:56:32 PM »
:welcome2: everyone!!

The Sunday night show will be airing at RFF right HERE in the SHow Discussion thread at 8PM  EST!!

Enjoy!!   :waves:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline purpie

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #504 on: August 31, 2008, 07:38:52 PM »
Wow. If this show wins any awards it has to be in editing. This is not the same Jerry that I see on BBAD. Even little things, like showing Ollie walking away after searching in the hay when we all saw (on live TV!) him pouting & acting like it was another plot against him. That's some fancy editing!

Offline lovemykiddies

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #505 on: August 31, 2008, 07:43:57 PM »
Wow. If this show wins any awards it has to be in editing. This is not the same Jerry that I see on BBAD. Even little things, like showing Ollie walking away after searching in the hay when we all saw (on live TV!) him pouting & acting like it was another plot against him. That's some fancy editing!

No kidding!!!  He looks like the sweetest, most innocent man - and the rest of them look like jerks, treating him like garbage...grrr

Offline furzball

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #506 on: August 31, 2008, 08:17:20 PM »

No kidding!!!  He looks like the sweetest, most innocent man - and the rest of them look like jerks, treating him like garbage...grrr

So true!!!!`We all know that Jerry has a nasty vulgar mouth, and he doesn't like women!

Offline Artzy13

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #507 on: August 31, 2008, 10:30:09 PM »
Jerry is trying to get Memphis to hire him on commission in his (Memphis') clothing company. Then Jerry was trying to talk him into marketing to Wal-Mart. That was one moment I wish I had the feeds just to have seen Memphis' face! ROFLMAO! Memphis is really good if he can cover up this reaction.

Jerry is just a cheap, carnival side show con man, and he had better keep those damned pants on while he is in camera range. This has made me never want to get remarried to have someone to grow old with! Egads! I can not get that horrific sight out of my memory.

Offline deltabwa

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #508 on: August 31, 2008, 10:59:37 PM »
Is Memphis seriously considering taking Jerry and Keesha to the end and dumping Dan??  I wish I could see faces, etc sometimes.

Offline I'm Ron Burgundy?

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #509 on: August 31, 2008, 11:19:13 PM »
Memphis is everyones #1 after Renny leaves. Everyones. He could throw the next HOH and be fine for the week guaranteed. :P
Let's do this like Judas.

Offline deltabwa

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #510 on: August 31, 2008, 11:31:03 PM »
Oh I know everyone wants him, but who does HE want! 

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #511 on: September 01, 2008, 02:19:08 AM »
I think Memphis really wants to be with Dan in F2. He knows the jury hates Dan and he's golden.

I've been rooting for a Dan/Memphis F2 for weeks now so I hope that happens.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #512 on: September 01, 2008, 02:33:57 AM »
I think memphis would win against keesha as well, not jerry though

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #513 on: September 01, 2008, 07:41:18 AM »
I hope it is at least safe to assume that the producers are keeping in touch with Renny's family so they know they are ok?  I think CBS should fly them out to LA and put them up in a hotel.  Atleast her husband, if that would be practical.

In fact, how about fast forward the rest of the BB season to end this week.  Put Renny and her family up in the BB house, free of charge if they get to keep the cameras on.  That would be entertaining  :wohoo:

LOL! What an idea! I'd watch Renny anytime. BB needs to give her that apron, it should go with her when she leaves!

Welcome to RFF Ziggy66!! Glad you are here!

:welcome: :hithere: :welcome:
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline KitKat

• RFF's Kitty Kat
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #514 on: September 01, 2008, 01:16:06 PM »
I have been out of the loop for the last few days so can anyone tell me if the jury house has been shown yet on the show?
delightful just delightful

Offline furzball

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #515 on: September 01, 2008, 01:20:24 PM »
No. The Jury House hasn't been shown. A couple of people have
said that BB only shows the JH on live days(Thursdays). I can't
wait to see what's been going on there. But --with editing--- what
we do finally see may very well not be the truth!

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #516 on: September 01, 2008, 02:23:22 PM »
Weekly stats of BB10:

Week 1: Jerry, HOH, Jessie & Renny nominated, Jessie wins veto, used on self, Brian up, Brian evicted 9-1
Week 2: Jessie, HOH, Dan & Steven nominated, Michelle wins veto, not used, Steven evicted 9-0
Week 3: Keesha, HOH, Angie & Jessie nominated, Keesha wins veto, not used, Angie evicted 8-0
Week 4: April, HOH, Jessie & Memphis nominated, Jerry wins veto, not used, Jessie evicted 4-3
Week 5: Michelle, HOH, Keesha & Libra nominated, Jerry wins veto, not used, Libra evicted 6-0
Week 6: Renny, HOH, April & Jerry nominated, Dan wins veto, not used, April evicted 4-1
Week 7: Dan, HOH, Jerry & Memphis nominated, Memphis wins veto, used on self, Michelle up, Michelle evicted 3-1
Week 7: Keesha, HOH, Jerry & Ollie nominated, Dan wins veto, not used, Ollie evicted 3-0
Week 8: Jerry, HOH, Dan & Keesha nominated, Memphis wins veto, used on Dan, Renny up, to be continued...

Offline Gnattering

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #517 on: September 01, 2008, 03:37:15 PM »
No. The Jury House hasn't been shown. A couple of people have
said that BB only shows the JH on live days(Thursdays). I can't
wait to see what's been going on there. But --with editing--- what
we do finally see may very well not be the truth!

They show the arrival of the person evicted the week before at the house; they don't show anything that goes on there.  They may receive a lower stipend for the time at the house, as they are not appearing on camera -- no, I take that back.  Cameras are on there -- not all over the place.  At the final show, they show a little of what went on there and they show the people there watching clips, I believe, of the house when they were gone.  Maybe they get their votes in first and then show house clips to them.  I remember last winter's BB9 they were all tsk-tsking that Sharon admitted to having lied in the house -- some small lie, and only one; she was so honest and kind there that it was amazing.  All the evicted houseguests could remember was that "she lied!"  None of them had ever lied of course   :elvis:

I think that was before the voting -- oh, I remember: The evicted hgs get to ask the (3? 4?) remaining houseguests one question each and BB videotapes their answers and shows them (selected ones? all?). We see selected ones and the hgs reactions as they watch the clips in a group.

--Alison
« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 04:14:00 PM by Gnattering »

Offline furzball

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #518 on: September 01, 2008, 03:41:51 PM »
I remember them showing the arrivals at the JH, and showing bits
of them watching the cd at the JH. the only other thing I seem to remember
was bb9--in the kitchen, with Gnat complaining about how mean they were
to her(or something along those lines).

Offline Gnattering

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #519 on: September 01, 2008, 03:44:42 PM »
Apropos of absolutely nothing I was just wondering if anyone knows whatever happened to last year's winner Adam? I haven't seen or heard any mention of him on any of the BB fan sites.

I was wondering the same.  He was donating his winnings to the handicapped children's center where he was working.  However, before the end of the game, and he hadn't had any news from home or outside, the center had fired him because he used the word "retard" in the house and it had been aired.

Maybe he said, "So what, **** you. Row your own boat buddy."  He had vowed to donate the money before and hadn't heard about the brouhaha over "retard" and was still operating on information he had when he went into the house.  I wouldn't blame him if he had come home to find out he'd been let go over a word uttered casually and unthinkingly in jest.  I'd feel like, "Oh, you fire me over one word and now you want my money?"

Anyway, I was wondering if something like that had happened and so BB was keeping a lid on him, as CBS had made the decision to air the word.  Maybe not; perhaps he had said it on BBAD or even on the live feeds . . . which would be even worse reasons for firing him.

--Alison

Offline Gnattering

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #520 on: September 01, 2008, 04:01:24 PM »

I was thinking of that too -- it was a sort of an update on the Gnat Matt showmance.  He just shoved her away.  It was a good object lesson about shipboard romances -- not to put your whole heart into them, as they are by nature temporary and formed from a small pool of people.

I hope April sees Ollie for what he is from a new POV, how he talks big and doesn't deliver and hides behind women -- whisper sisters he sends out to do what he thinks they should do.  He often sizes up a situation well, from his litter, so he seems to make sense, though in the grand scheme of things he's out of it.  That little temper tantrum was ridiculous; he had no one to blame but himself.

Here's a good challenge for all; I'll post it separately also and try to get a thread going.  Along the lines of Aesop's Fables, what object lessons can we take from anecdotes in BB -- and an anecdote may well be one person's entire experience there.  I got on to this from thinking, re: Ollie's tantrum and why everyone saw it as an outrageous reaction, and thinking about how he was boasting, "Well, I own Dan.  I have all the power.  I control what will happen in the game from here on . . . [and for the cameras, his ego, and for "America":]  I don't think that has ever been done before.  Ha HA!"

Everyone (except for BB10 production, "YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO TALK ABOUT PRODUCTION!"  eeeekkk!) saw his tantrum as foolish and outrageous because they saw the "agreement" as foolish and outrageous, and the moral of the story is,

"If you think something is too good to be true, it probably is."

--Alison

Offline Gnattering

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #521 on: September 01, 2008, 04:12:19 PM »
Jerry is trying to get Memphis to hire him on commission in his (Memphis') clothing company. Then Jerry was trying to talk him into marketing to Wal-Mart. That was one moment I wish I had the feeds just to have seen Memphis' face! ROFLMAO! Memphis is really good if he can cover up this reaction.

Jerry is just a cheap, carnival side show con man, and he had better keep those damned pants on while he is in camera range. This has made me never want to get remarried to have someone to grow old with! Egads! I can not get that horrific sight out of my memory.

Buy your husband's underwear for him -- especially if he's going to be on national tv in them; however, when  you're married to a Marine, he has his certain likes and dislikes and isn't going to change styling easily, not wanting "to keep up with fashion."

Get married later in life.

Encourage your husband to tan.

My DH is 60 and still has the cutest little buns.  As far as fashion goes, I have been trying for over ten years to get him into running shorts that are not short shorts -- true, they are the most comfortable and convenient to run in, high cut without side seams at the leg, so maybe it is all to do with fashion.  I told him for running, they're fine.  For hanging out after a run, they need to be longer, and used the Lakers as an example (where short shorts were great on great legs in the 70's, moved into a more modest cut later, got baggy in the 90s and have now caused more than a few players to lose their pants in play, the drag of the bag being greater than the force of the waistband -- especially on guys that big.  I could probably fit my whole body, from bust to the floor for a strapless gown, into a pair of Lakers' baggies.

-- Alison

Offline I'm Ron Burgundy?

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #522 on: September 01, 2008, 04:17:42 PM »
I remember James screaming at Chelsia that she was the reason he was evicted, like they weren't after him for the 2 weeks before where Chelsia and Josh left. :P

I think I remember them showing all the first jury entries from when James left back to the start of the Jury in one entry, and then they started showing the newest person every week. So they probably will start showing it this week.

Hopefully. I want to see if Libra is all "LOL GUYS"
Let's do this like Judas.

Offline Gnattering

• RFF Full Member
long -- re generational shifts demonstrated in house Re: Ongoing BB10 Discussion
« Reply #523 on: September 01, 2008, 05:02:50 PM »
I think Memphis really wants to be with Dan in F2. He knows the jury hates Dan and he's golden.

I've been rooting for a Dan/Memphis F2 for weeks now so I hope that happens.

Hear Hear!

I think also that Memphis and Dan respect Keesha's play and know that they could probably win over her in the final 3 round-robin competition and would rather take that chance, out of respect to Keesha's play, than take a chance that Renny could win on a fluke, since she has skated the whole way.  As to the loose canon -- hopefully if they rock the boat enough this week, it'll just roll along and off the ship.

In this I can see a huge generational difference that has been skirted, has been pointed at at various times: the younger guys have more respect for women in general, women as people.

Memphis' flying off the handle over Jerry calling him a womanizer -- which is just a kidding term, like saying somebody is a heartbreaker because women/men would be throwing themselves at him/her because he/she is attractive on several levels -- was an instance in which I thought his reaction was extreme.  It was a harmless jest, a wink between guys.  Besides a generational shift (three of them) being one difference, he's also too young to really get it.

Keesha the other night, when Dan and Memphis and she were talking about "the Colonel wanting it to be just the guys and get rid of the women." said, "I don't know, it's like he thinks, um, like he thinks that women are, mmmm, something less, you know what I mean?"  She has been fortunate to have been raised in a nonsexist way and not to have experienced it, or not have seen it in reference to her before -- and she's been in the house all during the primaries, so she hasn't seen what happened to Hillary, who has a man's sensibilities in many ways, "but is still a woman."

Anyway I see a generational shift there as well, as Keesha was thinking that out and seeing it clearly expressed for perhaps the first time in Jerry, with 45 years between their growing into adulthood years.

Renny is in-between and very much "the woman of the house," telling Keesha she should have a baby (the Colonel was too) because that is the be-all and end-all for a woman, not considering that Keesha may not have children for a good reason.  Those kind of comments are damaging for people who may have trouble having children: the words ring in your ears forever and make women who don't have children -- by choice or chance or who have children and wonder what they have done to their lives -- doubt themselves.  I agree: if you are smart, educated, and good looking, you should have those kids as soon as possible, simply because you may miss the chance later.  On the other hand, children are a full-time job.  When I was working in public school, I was amazed by the number of women who have young children and were also teaching,  The amount of time that goes into teaching -- moring prep, the whole day's activities, homework, planning and the drive to work is easily a 13-hour day.  Weekends are spent in preparation for the coming week, and one day of catching up on sleep.  Where is the time for the child?  In making time for the child -- which must be done -- where is the time for the classroom?

A lot of women claim they can do both.  How a teacher can believe this is beyond me, since parental involvement is the most important factor in a child's learning and growing.  If a chld is old enough, he/she can be enlisted to help with some of the prep work -- cutting and gluing, like a free teacher's aide, and every teacher knows that one learns more from teaching than from being a student -- so the child can get some quality time and hands-on lessons at home in that way.  What about a 4-year-old or a 5-year-old at home, even a baby -- or both?

Long ago, only unmarried women could be in the classroom, and there was good reason for it.  Teaching takes exceptional devotion to the job and to the lives with which one is entrusted.

The Chinese have a proverb that says something like
You should love your teacher more than your parents because your parents have to love you; your teacher does not have to love you and does.

egad!  how did I get to this from the generational shift in views of women??  I guess because I am seeing women moving away from the idea that they can "do it all:" could raise their own children well while they teach others' children well.  My mom went back to teaching after my brother was old enough to go to school, getting a lady to be there half day, and quit after one year because it was taking too much time away from caring for her children (thank God!  I have the greatest mom who gave us so many rich learning experiences, many of which served me well throughout my schooling and into my job.  I don't think that without the attention to my grammar she paid that I would have loved the mechanics of grammar so much and that I would have wound up being a happy ESL teacher, though I trained in Art Education).

A lot of women, like myself, postponed having children and spent time in our careers, figuring that we would be established and financially able to give the children our best, and then wound up not having children, which is the other side of the "We can do it all" error.  I didn't get married until I was 33 (and that didn't work out anyway -- one would think that decision-making would be better by then).  Other women who postponed having children to make a lot of money did so very successfully and have had IVF and other fertililty treatments.  As a result, a certain portion of the very young generation has tremendous expectations weighing on it, even unnatural expectations;  teachers have been noticing it for a while: those children are most likely to be the ones whose parents believe can do no wrong, deserve special treatment, are wonderkids . . . because they were, in essence, rare, expensive, purchased commodities.

So yes, Renny leaning on Keesha to have a child is a good and bad thing both.  Women have more options now than in the past and can choose which kind of woman person they want to be and should be respected for whatever they are, as these are difficult decisions to make, decisions that are reevaluated every five years or so, in light of life's changes.

Offline furzball

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #524 on: September 01, 2008, 05:51:18 PM »
I can only say I don't blame Memphis for getting angry at being called a 'womanizer'.
Where I grew up it was never anything that was said in jest or as a joke, and has a very
nasty connotation! Everyone I know would be offended, as Memphis was.

Way toooooo much has been made of Jerry being a "Marine"! He has said he
went in at age 17---and was in for 4 years! He also has said he was a Sgt(which has to be a bold faced
lie)!! Talk abot a BB eggggggaggggggggggggeration! Just like BB saying That Renny
has a hair salon. She said the other night that she rents a booth.