Author Topic: Ongoing BB10 Feed "Discussion  (Read 268627 times)

Offline PGVolley

• RFF Newbie
Re: Ongoing BB10 Feed "Discussion
« Reply #50 on: August 27, 2008, 05:37:53 PM »
Here are my thoughts on everybody left in the house so you know where I'm coming from when I'm here.

DAN - one of my favorites.  He said up front, "I'm Catholic but I may have to lie while in the house.  I can always go to confession when I get out of here!"  Like him or not, he's keeping the house entertaining at the moment.  Plus, he got himself this far after he looked like a goner the 2nd week.  Kudos to him!   :tup:

MEMPHIS - a few weeks ago I thought he had this whole game under control.  He made the same alliance with Keesha and Dan, without them knowing, telling them both he didn't think it was necessary to Shake on it.  Very sly.  But...  Dan's messing with his game so he may be in a little trouble.  I've been up and down about Memphis all season but have grown to really like him.

KEESHA - while she easily has *the* most annoying voice and laugh in the house, she's really surprised me with how well she's played the game.  No one seems to think she's a threat to win an HOH, but they don't want her beside them in the end.  That may take her further than someone who's an HOH threat.

RENNY - she goes from brilliant to, WTF are you doing?!?  She is easily the best judge of character in that house.  She's called every single bad person out from the start.  I hope she makes it to the end...  even though she doesn't seem to care about the money.  Life in the house would be a Major Bore without Renny and Dan.

Do I have to talk about the other three???   :pull

OLLIE - He has no one but himself to blame.  Shacking up with April from the start killed his chances of winning.  He also has a mouth on him...  have not appreciated the homophobic slurs.  I hope Steven comes back and kicks his ass!!  :knuckles::yess:

JERRY - He reminds me of every elderly man I know around that age... telling the same stories over and over, sexist, knows everything.   I really feel bad for him until he opens his mouth about how sly he is at the game.   :groan:

MICHELLE - Would someone help me build a cross for this woman so she can just hang herself up there permanently?!?   That's all I can say about her.

Offline Bandit3S

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2008, 05:52:03 PM »
MICHELLE - Would someone help me build a cross for this woman so she can just hang herself up there permanently?!?   That's all I can say about her.

Welcome PGVolley! I finally joined and starting chiming in this year after lurking for a season or two as well. I just had to laugh at what you said about Michelle! That is sooooo true!!  :funny:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #52 on: August 27, 2008, 06:25:20 PM »
Good assessments on the players.  :tup: I think Renny is very shrewd. Every now and then she has to be reigned in before she blows but I also love her directness. 'What the hell are you talking about DAN!'  :lol:

Ollie was talking today about how people will perceive him. I think he will be shocked and he will have years of YouTube videos following him. :lala  Michelle is hopeless.  :crazy: Jerry can sell ice to Eskimos so he'll blather away his nasty comments. (He better hope I don't see him shopping in the grocery store next time I go to Houston. I have to go very near to his hometown!)  :lol:

Welcome to RFF PGVolley!

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome:
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline dubya

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #53 on: August 27, 2008, 06:33:54 PM »
finally figured out the old name and password  whew...anyways wanted to thank you all for the updates....i would be lost without them, hubby claims he cant wait to come home and hear what ive read all day....Love to make his day..LOL  i was so greatful a week ago with the online feed we had "gasp" football on!!! what were they thinking  and hubby thought i was going to explode until i remembered there were wonderful people here who knew about people like me.....so  truely thank you thank you thank you.....and great job on the updates..... :bubs

Offline BamBam

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #54 on: August 27, 2008, 07:21:36 PM »
So, I just heard on my local weather report that there is a hurricane expected to move into the Gulf of Mexico by the beginning of the week.  New Orleans will be a potential target.  With that in mind, will BB tell Renny anything if a hurricane does head that direction to her hometown? 

Offline bbjunkey

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #55 on: August 27, 2008, 07:25:21 PM »
So, I just heard on my local weather report that there is a hurricane expected to move into the Gulf of Mexico by the beginning of the week.  New Orleans will be a potential target.  With that in mind, will BB tell Renny anything if a hurricane does head that direction to her hometown? 

I would bet only if something were to actually happen in her hometown or to her family-- I would think... 

Offline sass

• Big Brother Updaters
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #56 on: August 27, 2008, 07:37:19 PM »
Renny would only get a letter is something really bad happened.

Last season Ryan got a letter in the DR from his family about his grandfather passing away.

Offline Bandit3S

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #57 on: August 27, 2008, 07:59:56 PM »
Totally random thought......... Keesha may have an annoying laugh but she can't really control the sound of her laugh, but Michelle with her baby voice on the other hand..........  :lala

Offline Gnattering

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #58 on: August 27, 2008, 08:04:15 PM »
Her laugh is so unabashedly genuine and spontaneous that it stopped annoying me early on -- i.e. she laughs so much in that squeaky voice that I grew to love it.

She could probably make good money doing voice-overs for anime characters, as her voice is distinct and goofy.

--Alison

Totally random thought......... Keesha may have an annoying laugh but she can't really control the sound of her laugh, but Michelle with her baby voice on the other hand..........  :lala

Offline IrishLass

• BB Sho2 updater
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #59 on: August 27, 2008, 08:06:54 PM »
Isn't it extremely odd that Friday will be the 3rd anniversary of Katrina and there's another one making a beeline straight for New Orleans?  Poor Renny!  Maybe it's best that she knows nothing about it.  Not like she could do anything anyhow.

Until yesterday I didn't realize how differently people without access to the information in here and on BBAD would view the show and the people.  I know y'all have made reference to it, but the lightbulb didn't really go on until I was talking to an acquaintance last night and she totally has a different view of them because she only watches the aired episodes.

That makes me crazy.  Well, actually, if I am being honest, it makes me mad.  WHY is that?  LOL!  I just want to send everyone I know the link to RFF and MAKE them read it from Day one...but this lady doesn't even ever check her email.  

Have I mentioned that April is a self-centered, self-important, ignorant, delusional, moronic, hateful, spiteful, conceited, arrogant, lying, conniving, back-stabbing freakozoid who needs to GO HOME NOW, lately?

Offline IrishLass

• BB Sho2 updater
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #60 on: August 27, 2008, 08:10:03 PM »
I confess, I have a very unusual laugh, so I can commiserate with Keesha.

I have a pretty normal "regular" laugh, but when something hits me funny out of the blue and catches me off guard, apparently (because I've been told MANY times) I have a very loud, high-pitched initial cackle that makes people nearly jump out of their skins.  The only time it really bothers my boyfriend (now that he's somewhat used to it) is in a restaurant or something because people jump and everyone starts staring.  Of course I never noticed it because I was busy spontaneously laughing uncontrollably.  And it's not something I can really do anything about because it's only when I am caught off guard.
  Have I mentioned that April is a self-centered, self-important, ignorant, delusional, moronic, hateful, spiteful, conceited, arrogant, lying, conniving, back-stabbing freakozoid who needs to GO HOME NOW, lately?

Offline Gnattering

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #61 on: August 27, 2008, 08:13:10 PM »

I would bet only if something were to actually happen in her hometown or to her family-- I would think... 

Maybe if something happened to her family -- i.e. they died.

BB hemmed and hawed about telling the houseguests about the terrorist attack on the world trade center -- and I think they didn't fill them in on other details, "minor details, you know," like the plane that flew into the pentagon and then the other one that was "lost" for hours until it crashed in a field in Pennsylvania.

BB told them about it in a round about way: one hg had a cousin who died in the WTC, so they told her.  Later, they decided to let them all know.  Only they and anyone who had been in a coma during that time were not touched by the magnitude of the horror of that day -- which I think is unconscionable, but what the hey, the show must go on, even if interest in what was going on in the BB small pond was lost in far bigger concerns.

I still maintain a great fondness for the first BB show and people; it continues to go downhill, both in terms of BB upping the stakes and in terms of the self-consciousness of the "players."  I get tired of being addressed as "America" by hgs.  That started with Natalie last winter, I think.

Self-consciousness isn't quite the word I'm looking for -- the awareness of being on a show and the image of themselves as stars.

--Alison

Offline bbjunkey

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #62 on: August 27, 2008, 08:15:10 PM »
Isn't it extremely odd that Friday will be the 3rd anniversary of Katrina and there's another one making a beeline straight for New Orleans?  Poor Renny!  Maybe it's best that she knows nothing about it.  Not like she could do anything anyhow.

Until yesterday I didn't realize how differently people without access to the information in here and on BBAD would view the show and the people.  I know y'all have made reference to it, but the lightbulb didn't really go on until I was talking to an acquaintance last night and she totally has a different view of them because she only watches the aired episodes.

That makes me crazy.  Well, actually, if I am being honest, it makes me mad.  WHY is that?  LOL!  I just want to send everyone I know the link to RFF and MAKE them read it from Day one...but this lady doesn't even ever check her email.  

That's  why I said earlier today that it worries me about the perception that prime time viewers have of BB and letting "America" help with an HOH.  Because people like OJM that have a misguided view of themselves will probably do good on this HOH quiz BB is about to do!!!!!

Offline Gnattering

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #63 on: August 27, 2008, 08:15:49 PM »
I confess, I have a very unusual laugh, so I can commiserate with Keesha.

I have a pretty normal "regular" laugh, but when something hits me funny out of the blue and catches me off guard, apparently (because I've been told MANY times) I have a very loud, high-pitched initial cackle that makes people nearly jump out of their skins.  The only time it really bothers my boyfriend (now that he's somewhat used to it) is in a restaurant or something because people jump and everyone starts staring.  Of course I never noticed it because I was busy spontaneously laughing uncontrollably.  And it's not something I can really do anything about because it's only when I am caught off guard.

I embarrass my husband laughing -- and shouting out -- in public entertainment venues.  I laugh a lot too, out in public, and at inappropriate times as well, to the horror of many.  One can keep a lid on natural responses only so long; it's better to participate in the moment!

--Alison

Offline Gnattering

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #64 on: August 27, 2008, 08:22:41 PM »

That's  why I said earlier today that it worries me about the perception that prime time viewers have of BB and letting "America" help with an HOH.  Because people like OJM that have a misguided view of themselves will probably do good on this HOH quiz BB is about to do!!!!!

I thought about the different views the other night (Sun?) when it showed LOLlie and Dan on vines and made it look like they had actually struck a solid deal, as if Dan had offered things and LOLlie had immediately taken him up on them, instead of refusing this that and the other and then negotiations coming to an end and settling down for the evening after LOLlies adamant refusal to deal with the bluff that he could sit there all night.  Dan was hurting, it looked like, and he settled in, having given up on negotiations.  Just before LOLlie fell off, he said, "O.K. Done." ... "Deal?" and what the deal was was unclear, as he'd refused everything.

The show showed him saying, "O.K. I get to save Michelle, pick one, and make the veto substitution," as if it were the last thing he had said before getting down from the swing, and it was actually something LOLlie had thrown out to Dan as something he might want and then said no, he could sit there all night.

I don't know what the "America" participant in the HOH is -- forgot to look.  I just want LOLlie to be blindsided by an eviction, his.

Offline IrishLass

• BB Sho2 updater
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #65 on: August 27, 2008, 08:41:27 PM »
More randomness

Doesn't she look like Connie Francis here???

(again, I can't seem to split the pics - the one on the right, of course)

Offline Gnattering

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #66 on: August 27, 2008, 08:46:08 PM »
Thanks for posting this -- poll was down on CBS (and the rest of the site wasn't really functioning)

I'd pick Jerry for building a farm for abandoned animals -- he has said that is his plan; he already does a lot of volunteer work with shelter animals
-- and Jerry for turning slop into a national diet fad: he said all along that it wasn't too bac.  Only after over two weeks of it did he start complaining, and one would complain about a steady diet of anything for over two weeks!

Michelle definitely losing a spelling bee to a five-year old, the poor dear.

--Alison

Hi People! :waves:

I'm PG and have been lurking here for years.  To all those who post for us from the Live Feeds...  you BEYOND ROCK!!  :tup: :kuss:

I Finally broke down and joined the forum!   :jumpy:  Decided my first post would be how I voted in the CBS quiz. 

Here's how I answered:
Big Brother 10 Houseguest Gets Lost On Their Way Home From Work KEESHA
Big Brother 10 Houseguest Has Plastic Surgery to Remove Crow’s Feet From Around Eyes RENNY - she keeps saying that's the first thing she's going to do when she gets out!
Big Brother 10 Houseguest Headlines National Comedy Tour RENNY
Big Brother 10 Houseguest Called A Hero After Saving Family From Burning Building DAN
Big Brother 10 Houseguest Turns Slop Into International Diet Fad RENNY - who else could make that crap taste good?!?
Big Brother 10 Houseguest Awarded Noble Peace Prize DAN
Big Brother 10 Houseguest Caught Selling Counterfeit Veto Symbols MICHELLE
Big Brother 10 Houseguest’s Self Help Book Goes To Number One On The Best-Seller List DAN - I answered Dan a lot!    :lol:
Big Brother 10 Houseguest Voted Sexiest Person Of The Year MEMPHIS - HELLO!  Is there any question about this answer?!?!
Big Brother 10 Houseguest Devotes Their Life To Helping The Poor DAN
Big Brother 10 Houseguest’s Life Story Made Into A Feature Film RENNY
Big Brother 10 Houseguest Arrested By The Fashion Police MICHELLE - I felt bad about this answer since she's poor...  but only for a moment. ;)
Big Brother 10 Houseguest Entrusted With National Security Secret MEMPHIS - He the best at keeping his mouth shut.
Big Brother 10 Houseguest Beats Jessie In Arm Wrestling Competition OLLIE - I felt bad I hadn't used his name in any other answer.   :lol:
Big Brother 10 Houseguest Petitions Government To Name A Holiday After Themselves JERRY
Big Brother 10 Houseguest Named Used Car Salesperson Of The Year DAN - he's a Charmer!
Big Brother 10 Houseguest Uses Winnings to Build Farm for Abandoned Animals KEESHA
Big Brother 10 Houseguest’s Gossiping Gets Them Fired From Job MICHELLE
Big Brother 10 Houseguest Loses Spelling Bee To A Five Year Old  MICHELLE - she can barely speak english, I doubt she can spell very well!
Big Brother 10 Houseguest Tips One Dollar On A Thousand Dollar Tab JERRY - I know some old people like Jerry, they don't tip!

Offline Artzy13

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #67 on: August 27, 2008, 10:11:37 PM »
More randomness

Doesn't she look like Connie Francis here???

(again, I can't seem to split the pics - the one on the right, of course)
Oh My Gosh you are so right! I would have to dig around for my old albums - but I think it is the one with Al di la and Mama on it. (could I date myself any more than this?)

Offline IrishLass

• BB Sho2 updater
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #68 on: August 27, 2008, 10:25:54 PM »
 :funny: @ Artzy!  Um...you can't go by stuff like that when figuring out how old people are.  My closet if full of Perry Como and Dean Martin and loads of Big Band stuff.  The CD in my truck right now is Harry James when Helen Forrest was singing with him.  The CD in my computer right now is Ray Price.

And I am ONLY (and I stress the only) 42.  I just happen to have really good taste for my age!  ( :lol: )

I just want to do a shout out to Renny!  I LOVE her!  She is one smart cookie and I sure hope her home and family escape the hurricane.  (Of course I am sitting in Corpus Christi right now hoping it doesn't decide to come HERE!)

Offline bbjunkey

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #69 on: August 27, 2008, 10:29:10 PM »
My problem with Renny lately is she's drifting towards Ollie.   And I can't stand him.  SHe's supposed to be in an alliance with Dan and Memphis(and Keehsa) but something tells me she's going to flip if she gets HOH.  Dan and MEmphis have good instincts they should be listening to about her winning HOH.  Not good.  Memphis or Keesha need to win.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #70 on: August 27, 2008, 11:15:01 PM »
I'm worried about Jerry. I know he's a mean old buzzard but he's been complaining about his neck hurting all day, and I think he mentioned it yesterday as well. It seems worse tonight. BB needs to have him checked. I don't like how he's walking with one hand on the back of his neck. Been doing it all day long.

Offline rourke13

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #71 on: August 28, 2008, 12:23:18 AM »
I think Michelle is being a big cry baby when she has never been called out for helping to vote out April.  The previous BB  week she seemed to be aligned more with Dan, Memphis, Keesha & etc... then when April was on the block - Michelle went towards the other side even though 1) they didn't have the numbers and 2) I thought at that time Memphis & her had their little alliance.  Also, why the heck does this season does not get the POV... HOH doesn't mean that you rule everything and every thought.  Plus, didn't they all say be forwarned that Michelle was going to cry a ton so be ready????

Offline mommycass2002

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #72 on: August 28, 2008, 01:10:42 AM »
I cannot believe that Dan really thinks the renegades is a big secret.  Please, everyone knew the deal with Ollie.  No one was surprised that Memphis went up.  And he's all gloating about his mastermind abilities to play the house.  Everyone in the house knows Dan is taking Memphis to the F2, And Vise versa.  They are together every minute. I can't stand either one of them.  Both so arrogant.  I kinda liked Dan for a little while, then he had to go and get on his high horse like he really is "Dan the Man". 

GO RENNY & KEESHA F2!!!!

I really had to vent that.  Thanks.

Offline ThunderStruck

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #73 on: August 28, 2008, 04:03:16 AM »
Everyone in the house knows Dan is taking Memphis to the F2, And Vise versa.  They are together every minute. I can't stand either one of them.  Both so arrogant.  I kinda liked Dan for a little while, then he had to go and get on his high horse like he really is "Dan the Man". 

GO RENNY & KEESHA F2!!!!

I really had to vent that.  Thanks.

Bro's to the end!   :lala   

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #74 on: August 28, 2008, 07:33:03 AM »
finally figured out the old name and password  whew...anyways wanted to thank you all for the updates....i would be lost without them, hubby claims he cant wait to come home and hear what ive read all day....Love to make his day..LOL  i was so greatful a week ago with the online feed we had "gasp" football on!!! what were they thinking  and hubby thought i was going to explode until i remembered there were wonderful people here who knew about people like me.....so  truely thank you thank you thank you.....and great job on the updates..... :bubs

Hey dubya!! Been a long time since we've seen you! Glad you figured out the password.  :tup:

:waves: