Author Topic: Racers Revealed!  (Read 9690 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Racers Revealed!
« on: September 02, 2008, 04:39:39 PM »

This will be the place for any links, pics, discussion about the Racers Revealed show on Thursday Sept 4! :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Racers Revealed!
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 06:53:59 PM »
I'll have to get this on September 5.
Just here to visit.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 07:10:34 PM »
:yess:  please... :kissy:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 07:36:08 PM »
lol, Peach. You couldn't wait and have to start this thread so early.  :jam:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2008, 08:07:37 PM »
I'm so excited!!  I might have to move to Asia for the next 3 months so I can watch with all of y'all! :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Rabbit

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2008, 07:37:45 PM »
Prays to the youtube gods that posted TARA2 that they'll do it again this season! :bow:

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2008, 08:12:44 PM »
We have no idea that will happen again.
Just here to visit.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2008, 09:30:54 PM »
Although you are correct, TARAsia Fan, the message from Rabbit is right on. Who wants to do torrents if you can just play a youtube video? The ability of Asians to upload ARA3 episodes this season is open to question, but we should indeed pray that it happens.

Offline Alan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 08:05:50 PM by jonnal »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2008, 07:20:43 PM »
Our hero!! :hero:

Thanks so much!! :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Rabbit

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2008, 07:47:07 PM »
woohoo! you rock!!!

was that actually Kynt and Vyksin or just people who looks like splitting images of them?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2008, 07:54:50 PM »
That's actually them--Kynt says they had a blast doing it!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2008, 10:47:23 PM »
Thanks so much Jonnal for posting those links   :yourock:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2008, 10:55:54 PM »
Nice quality too jonnal, what did you use to record off your dvd to pc? I can't find a good movie maker.

:ty

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2008, 11:26:17 PM »
The thing in Racers Revealed that has stuck with me is how many racers have a nationality other than the country they are representing even though the tag line for the group of teams is "Asia's Own." I remember that Natalie is Canadian(not part of Asia last I knew), that Tisha is Canadian, that Geoff is I believe from New Zealand, and that the guys representing Hong Kong Vince and Sam also have a different nationality. When Michael McKay ever gets his casting straightened out without the mactors, I think this problem will disappear.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 07:01:27 AM by apskip »

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2008, 11:44:31 PM »
The thing in Racers Revealed that has stuck with me is how many racers have a nationality other than the country they are representing. I remember that Natalie is Canadian(not part of Asia last I knew), that Tisha is Canadian, that Geoff is I believe from New Zealand, and that the guys representing Hong Kong Vince and Sam also have a different nationality. When Michael McKay ever gets his casting straightened out without the mactors, I think this problem will disappear.

:ascared Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :lala
That's an Australian accent! Totally different to a Kiwi one!

Offline Alan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2008, 06:10:23 AM »
Nice quality too jonnal, what did you use to record off your dvd to pc? I can't find a good movie maker.

:ty

Actually I think its a bit small though, should have chosen a bigger size. Its some random movie maker from the internet, there are so many so you hope its the right one. Its called Dvd-to-Avi by FlexiImage INC. Its pretty good considering its free but I can see some faulty lines in some parts. Maybe theres even better ones I hope.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2008, 07:09:58 AM »
The thing in Racers Revealed that has stuck with me is how many racers have a nationality other than the country they are representing. I remember that Natalie is Canadian(not part of Asia last I knew), that Tisha is Canadian, that Geoff is I believe from New Zealand, and that the guys representing Hong Kong Vince and Sam also have a different nationality. When Michael McKay ever gets his casting straightened out without the mactors, I think this problem will disappear.

:ascared Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :lala
That's an Australian accent! Totally different to a Kiwi one!

Mrs. Shrek, what can I say except look at Racers Revealed part 2(see link above) starting around minute 10? The word "New Zealander" is very prominent on Geoff's information display.

Also, I can't tell which nationality Geoff is by speech patterns, which is something I am rather good at. I may not live in Australia, but my daughter does, and I may not live in New Zealand, but my sister has been there for over 25 years and my brother-in-law is native Kiwi.

Offline Alan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2008, 03:57:58 PM »
Just some pre-race predictions based on RR, feel free to agree/disagree or add on. No spoilers involved.

Ida and Tania-early elimination, 8th out?

Good

Level of energy, dynamic,
Good sense of humour
Good friendship?
"If they can keep on with their strength and resoultion shown during casting, I think they will do great"

Bad

First time backpacking
Might fight a lot-dominant chracters..."fighting can be fun"
No sense of emergency?
Over privileged in private life
Overly emotional

Vince and Sam, "Ready to laugh their way through the race"-early to mid elimination, 7th out?

Good

Funny guys
Strong friendship
"quite likely to come up with very unexpected and innovative soultions to challenges"

Bad

Not that athletic
Not that serious, here to have fun?
Non forceful

Pailin and Natalie-Late race, F/F curse, Final 4?

Good

BQs, use looks to advantage
enthusiastic and friendly
Fearless, could kick ass like D/K
Good bond

Bad

Overconfidence
Friendship has never been seriously tested

Neena and Amit, early to mid elimination, 6th out?

Good

compliment each other
"provide alot of limelight, as they bicker around the world", a sense they could not be early elimination?

Bad

Amit hot/big headed?
Could fight a lot
Plans to go under the radar,they dont like they could go under the radar

AD and Fuzzie-Mid elimination, Final 5?

Good

Fun and funny
Easygoing
"Could surprise"
"Looks as if might not last the race, but theres an inner course of strength in each of them, they should do well"

Bad

Not athletic
AD has compulsive exccessive disorder, overthinks too much
Fuzzie no sense of direction

Bernie and Henry, reminds me of blake and paige, Final 3?

Good

Looks very close to each other/understand each other
Phscially fit
Easygoing
Objective/strong determined
Henry seems outgoing
Fighting might not hurt them as much
"Their strength of their characters, their strength of their relationship, they will be doing well if the race"

Bad

Bernie might let henry down
Henry annoys bernie sometimes
Eccentric

William and Issac-Late race, Final 3?, Racer winners?

Good

Very close brothers, feels as a single person one time
Compliments each other
Looks fit
Good understanding, don't blame each other
"quiet confidence, almost under the radar strength, that will probably put them in a very very good stead"
"One of the few teams that will surprise you"

Bad

Different types of person
William could do stupid things?

Niroo and Kapil-early elimination, 1st out?

Good

Niroo level headed
Close like friends, worked together for long, understands each others strength and weaknesses
Funny people

Bad

Kapil hot headed
Could let his father down
Never traveled outside India

Geoff and Tisha - Late race, Final 3?

"tip top physical condition, tip top mental condition, interesting to see if they can put their emotions under the rack because that will be a big factor"

Good

Tisha strong women, adpative to Geoff, call the shots in the team
Geoff to prove himself to her
Phsically fit, competitive
"Will see a lot of Tisha rolling her eyes during the show"

Bad

Geoff unpredictable,blunt, has temper
Test for relationship, "extreme high, extreme lows", could fight a lot, "how the race could put an edge on them"
Overconfidence?

Mai and Oliver- early elimination, 9th out?

Good

Fun and dynamic, hyperactive
Not in an relationship
"Mai will do anything to get what she wants, not shy"

Bad

Different types of approach
Might not be too competitive
In the race just to have fun?
"So used to getting what they want, the race will give them surprises"
"Concerned that they will maintain their relationship throughout the race"

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2008, 06:00:55 PM »
jonnal, you bring an interesting viewpoint to the analysis of race winners. Have you heard the statement by Bertram van Munster, who certainly has a vested interest in knowing the plus and minuses of the racers, that he has never in the history of the Amazing Race picked a winner at the beginning? The apparent and claimed qualities of each team are just that. It is intangibles that tend to be the factors that determine the winners and the luck factor is very important given the equal start that the final 3 typically have in the final leg.

For example, you pick William and Issac as the race winners. I think that team is deliberative and plodding and will not make the Final 3. Also, you are enchanted with Geoff and Tisha. I see huge conflicts between them that should cost them a spot in the Final 3. These assessments are based solely on what I have learned from official TARA3 information, not from anything I may have learned previously on the ARA3 thread. We have to wait and observe the race behavior of teams before we can make more successful guesses of order finish.

Offline Alan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2008, 06:12:44 PM »
jonnal, you bring an interesting viewpoint to the analysis of race winners. Have you heard the statement by Bertram van Munster, who certainly has a vested interest in knowing the plus and minuses of the racers, that he has never in the history of the Amazing Race picked a winner at the beginning? The apparent and claimed qualities of each team are just that. It is intangibles that tend to be the factors that determine the winners and the luck factor is very important given the equal start that the final 3 typically have in the final leg.

For example, you pick William and Issac as the race winners. I think that team is deliberative and plodding and will not make the Final 3. Also, you are enchanted with Geoff and Tisha. I see huge conflicts between them that should cost them a spot in the Final 3. These assessments are based solely on what I have learned from official TARA3 information, not from anything I may have learned previously on the ARA3 thread. We have to wait and observe the race behavior of teams before we can make more successful guesses of order finish.

Yup I've definitely heard of it. Of course I only previewed its based on RR. Nothing else.

Sure William and Issac might seem conservative and boring at first sight but I believe they could surprise us? Just like what the casting director said. I'm not enchanted with Geoff and Tisha, I just put the rolling eyes thing because that could give that they might make far but at the same time see Geoff losing his temper alot? Yup they seem they might have conflicts but it just seems Tisha might be able to handle that.  If they handle their emotions, especially Geoff, they will make far.