Author Topic: unprecedented mistake  (Read 72760 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: unprecedented mistake
« Reply #100 on: November 26, 2008, 06:52:04 PM »
:welcome: to RFF CABoSoxFan!

We love it when lurkers come to play!

And what a cute dog!  Have fun! :waves:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #101 on: November 26, 2008, 07:06:12 PM »
Or at least Nick & Starr can't leave Moscow until after the others all arrive!  I can hope that Toni & Dallas aren't the unlucky team, either.

Belle Book

Offline AbbyNormal

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #102 on: November 26, 2008, 08:54:57 PM »
Well, I admit that I am pretty confused right now, and trying to think all this through is making my head hurt.  :gaah:
This quote kind of sticks out:

Quote from: Julz on May 14, 2008, 08:24:06 PM

I saw TAR teams today as well at PDX.  I drive the international buses at PDX but not today.  However, I was driving the terminal parking lot  buses today and saw a camera man /sound man  running after a very tan blond woman in a florescent green sporty outfit, backpack  and one of those TAR  clue cards (?)  in her hand just about the time  the Germany  flight  would have landed. They were getting a taxi here at PDX.  I had to keep  my  eyes on my driving  but a person in the bus said they were from The Amazing Race.

My  next  loop  around (20 minutes later), I arrived  at the terminal  and  saw  more teams grabbing a taxi.  Fortunately  I was driving the Employee lot bus  and one of the supervisors  (who  got  on  camera & had to sign a TAR release  for TV)   confirmed that the teams  in fact were from TAR and got off the Lufthansa  flight from Germany to Portland OR.    They were headed  up to Washington state. He also said there were only  4 teams and perhaps  the other two teams  went up via  Seattle first -  but that of course is purely  speculation.

First of all I think it is interesting that they apparently knew that there should have been 6 teams on that final final flight (3 final teams, plus the 3 eliminated previously). If there really were only 4 teams, then that could back up my current speculation: the team that lost their passports is either still in Russia or is somewhere else trying to get their documents, and Dan and Andrew missed the connecting flight (or were way behind and got a later one) so they don't arrive until later in the afternoon. Of course I am still clinging to any hope that Dan and Andrew are eliminated next but I have a terrible feeling it is
  :lala Toni and Dallas  :lala

Offline Alvin06

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #103 on: November 26, 2008, 08:58:28 PM »
It could also happen that it is Dan and Andrew who lost their passports, with T/D hours behind due to Dallas' lack of knowledge of history.

Notice how N/S's problems are only "getting a taxi" as shown in the first preview. While others are seen having more problems than that. That could mean something though.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #104 on: November 28, 2008, 04:05:46 AM »
Okay i was doing mswood's questions and this thought suddenly came into my mind. Remember in TAR5 Linda and Karen left their fanny packs behind? When they left, the cameraman obviously realized it and zoomed in on the fanny packs. It was until after Linda and Karen realized it then they went back to their previous location to retrieve it. (Without the cameraman telling them)

So i'm thinking there could be this possible scenario that the team who loses their fanny pack, could be Ken and Tina (who were spotted many hours behind the teams) because i think the producers will not be that evil to not tell them where they left their packs after they lost it. I'm pretty sure they will want them to go back and retrieve it. I mean, they won't really want a team to not be present at the finish line right? But because they went back to retrieve it, they were so many hours behind, that they couldn't catch the teams in the finale leg (flights) and because they were team number #3, they were not eliminated and thus cannot fly directly to the finish line to join the other teams because they had to wait 12 hours and thus missing the flight and joining the others?

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #105 on: November 28, 2008, 04:07:14 AM »
And because they had to go back to get their packs, any other possible teams U-TURNed them and that's why it accounted for them being hours behind?

Argh, this leg is a mystery! I don't know, it's just pure speculation now!! :groan:

Offline Alvin06

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #106 on: November 28, 2008, 04:36:25 AM »
@Joab, there are, however, reports of Ken and Tina sightings at Portland EARLIER than the Seattle sightings of Dan and Andrew, implying that it is not Ken and Tina who ultimately do not make it to the finish line along with the other teams.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #107 on: November 28, 2008, 08:01:52 AM »
I know. I was just thinking for a reason why K/T are so far behind everyone?

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #108 on: November 28, 2008, 08:24:48 AM »
Okay i was doing mswood's questions and this thought suddenly came into my mind. Remember in TAR5 Linda and Karen left their fanny packs behind? When they left, the cameraman obviously realized it and zoomed in on the fanny packs. It was until after Linda and Karen realized it then they went back to their previous location to retrieve it. (Without the cameraman telling them)

So i'm thinking there could be this possible scenario that the team who loses their fanny pack, could be Ken and Tina (who were spotted many hours behind the teams) because i think the producers will not be that evil to not tell them where they left their packs after they lost it. I'm pretty sure they will want them to go back and retrieve it. I mean, they won't really want a team to not be present at the finish line right? But because they went back to retrieve it, they were so many hours behind, that they couldn't catch the teams in the finale leg (flights) and because they were team number #3, they were not eliminated and thus cannot fly directly to the finish line to join the other teams because they had to wait 12 hours and thus missing the flight and joining the others?

Joab, that is an interesting hypothesis. However, experience in AR12 and earlier in AR13 has shown us that U-Turns are only delaying teams 30 minutes (same as the hour glass, but much more exciting). That makes it an insignificant part of being behind by hours. Of course, the window to the episode 10 pitstop closes around 5pm. 12 hours affer that the time to DME (not SVO) airport and time for flight booking and airport checkin would make it impossible for a team to make it to Portland for early afternoon May 14 tasks.

Offline Alvin06

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #109 on: November 28, 2008, 08:09:44 PM »
I believe that doing the other detour makes it hard for Ken and Tina to catch up, but is able to go and clinch third place ahead of the time specified by apskip.

Perhaps it is indeed Andrew and Dan who are hours behind already, due to their speedbump.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #110 on: November 28, 2008, 10:53:15 PM »
The only reason i'm thinking now that a team loses their fannypack, goes back to pick it up and are still in the F3 (Because Dandrew cannot complete the Speedbump?) and thus they have to wait for Hours of Operation or what and misses the flight with the other 2 teams and are so behind that they couldn't make it to the finishing line at all because they have to wait for the 12 hours pitstop mandatory rest time as well.

In this way, it fits the criteria of losing important documentations (they didn't say they cannot find it back, and i'm pretty sure they did) and not making it to the finishing line?

Offline Alvin06

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #111 on: November 29, 2008, 06:09:15 AM »
That's a different perspective you showed us Joab. Wow!

That is a big possibility indeed.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #112 on: November 29, 2008, 10:44:57 AM »
This "unpredented mistake"  is more thought provoking than even who wins, as puddin said.

And given how this is going to affect whether we have a final 2 or 3, I wonder if Phil won't have to do some special explaining this week to us? And I wonder if we will see a last confessional by the affected team as well?

I remember how he sat Momily and the Guidos down in Season 1 and explained to them on camera, (and hence to us), why Momily was eliminated, even though I think the Guidos arrived last, so perhaps we'll see something similar this week. Either explaining on camera to the team what happens next, which of course fills us in, or explaining directly to us...

Since this is such an unusual and pivotal week, I think TPTB won't leave us wondering for the finale, so hopefully all will be explained.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #113 on: November 29, 2008, 11:41:05 AM »
ok i have taken 2 days maby 3 to read all the post.. any way if some one is last there last and
the other 3 teams go on raceing..so if  some one is that far behind they will get philemanated. for sure also on the on comercial iwas listing very carfuly and it shows dallis but the voice is saying we have noting were do or what ever it says , and i am all most sure id is dandrew, one of them,any way this bord has got me sooo excited for sunday ng now, i can hardly wait one more day...
 and ps if tht is star and nick at the finish line where r all the other teams??? so that can't b the finish line ???
in one race  phill tells the teams to keep raceing rember i don't no witch one it was..??
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #114 on: November 29, 2008, 11:49:11 AM »
This "unpredented mistake"  is more thought provoking than even who wins, as puddin said.

And given how this is going to affect whether we have a final 2 or 3, I wonder if Phil won't have to do some special explaining this week to us? And I wonder if we will see a last confessional by the affected team as well?

I remember how he sat Momily and the Guidos down in Season 1 and explained to them on camera, (and hence to us), why Momily was eliminated, even though I think the Guidos arrived last, so perhaps we'll see something similar this week. Either explaining on camera to the team what happens next, which of course fills us in, or explaining directly to us...

Since this is such an unusual and pivotal week, I think TPTB won't leave us wondering for the finale, so hopefully all will be explained.
I predict peach will be right, lol

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #115 on: November 29, 2008, 11:53:14 AM »
and ps if tht is star and nick at the finish line where r all the other teams??? so that can't b the finish line ???
in one race  phill tells the teams to keep raceing rember i don't no witch one it was..??

The other teams aren't there yet, remember? Starr & Nick were first to arrive, greeter and all. There are no to be cont / keep on racing this season, one team is eliminated tomorrow, they will be on Bonnie Hunt on Tuesday.

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #116 on: November 29, 2008, 12:12:26 PM »
OH TY PUDDIN I WILL SET MY DVR NOW FOR IT..

what about the other teams the elemated ones.. they r allways there...
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #117 on: November 29, 2008, 12:32:35 PM »
OH TY PUDDIN I WILL SET MY DVR NOW FOR IT..

what about the other teams the elemated ones.. they r allways there...
They aren't there yet!

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #118 on: November 29, 2008, 05:32:43 PM »
I miss the TBC's and the intersections, I wonder if we'll ever get to see them again...
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #119 on: November 29, 2008, 09:16:21 PM »
I miss the TBC's and the intersections, I wonder if we'll ever get to see them again...

I doubt it. I don't really want those back, I just want more legs and bigger distances traveled in each leg. No more staying in one city all the time.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #120 on: November 29, 2008, 10:25:53 PM »
Hooky, can you please give a single example of 3 legs in a row in any city in any Amazing Race? You can't, because there is no such example. Even 2 legs in a row in the same city is rare. In fact, it's never happened in a U.S. Amazing Race based on my going back to every episode of all 12 previous Amazing Races. the closest one comes was in AR9 where episode 1 is in Sao Paulo and episode 2 is in the countryside up to 90 miles away. I don't consider that 2 consecutive legs.

So, my conclusion is tha the Amazing Race has never "stayed in one city all the time."

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #121 on: November 29, 2008, 11:19:25 PM »
This race? 2 legs in Moscow and 2 legs in Delhi.  I wouldn't have minded two legs in Siem Reap though :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline scuzneck

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #122 on: November 30, 2008, 12:16:35 PM »
It is very rarely when all of you detectives are as stumped and befuddled as you are right now with the whole unprecidented mistake conundrum. Let me throw this out here and see just what sticks. Could this "unprecidented mistake" just be some sort of elaborate ruse to throw the TAR dectectives off? Could Van Muster and associated have planted this gigantic mistake in the game to allow everyone here to focus on it rather than the pictorial, editorial and bogged evidence that is collected so easily? Are we making too much of this mistake? I know that CBS and Van Muster and Co. are never happy with the evidence that is collected by you guys, so maybe this hot little tidbit is a game within the game?

Just a thought...(I don't even believe it, either)

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #123 on: November 30, 2008, 01:59:40 PM »
i was watching the clip also veryclosly last night. and dall has his head in the cab saying 300 or 400 dollars i can't rember so they have there money ie pass ports also??  as for stealing a cab i don;t think there r peanatlys for that i have seen that done in other seasons. we have ruruns on 2 diff channellss, i saw tar 12 final 4 yd on some random chanell and it was when they left mubi, i saw the hotel and the ticket agent but they were leaving, forjapan, on that leg..
any way bc to this race i still don't c why  pl r so sure toni and dallis get philemated????
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #124 on: November 30, 2008, 02:51:02 PM »
It is very rarely when all of you detectives are as stumped and befuddled as you are right now with the whole unprecidented mistake conundrum. Let me throw this out here and see just what sticks. Could this "unprecidented mistake" just be some sort of elaborate ruse to throw the TAR dectectives off? Could Van Muster and associated have planted this gigantic mistake in the game to allow everyone here to focus on it rather than the pictorial, editorial and bogged evidence that is collected so easily? Are we making too much of this mistake? I know that CBS and Van Muster and Co. are never happy with the evidence that is collected by you guys, so maybe this hot little tidbit is a game within the game?

Just a thought...(I don't even believe it, either)

This would not suprise me at all.

Could losing passports and $$ = misplaced?
Could losing passports and $$ = no affect on the race because it was the 4th place team?

4 hr plus football time on the East Coast