Author Topic: misc screencaps videos/commercials  (Read 110419 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: misc screencaps videos/commercials
« Reply #275 on: November 05, 2008, 01:03:10 AM »
:jumpy: Very nice! A poster/mural about the VVTs history? Maybe in a dedicated museum, press office, etc.
I wonder if we'll ever know where exactly it is Slowhatch :lol:?

anyway a little clip, again the confessionals

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #276 on: November 05, 2008, 01:11:28 AM »
 :lol: GMTA, I just finished watching that segment. It seems a little more upbeat (or at least neutral), doesn't it? As far as Nick goes, if a person were cynical you might think people were "guided" in after-race interviews ("talk about the Frats" "talk about your sister and Dallas" etc.). Of course, talking in the present tense might mean MomSon made it to Portland, but...I doubt it.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #277 on: November 05, 2008, 01:24:16 AM »
:lol: GMTA, I just finished watching that segment. It seems a little more upbeat (or at least neutral), doesn't it? As far as Nick goes, if a person were cynical you might think people were "guided" in after-race interviews ("talk about the Frats" "talk about your sister and Dallas" etc.). Of course, talking in the present tense might mean MomSon made it to Portland, but...I doubt it.
I really want Ken and Tina in the final 3 but thats for selfish reasons, I adore them. I'm trying to take Kenny's words and twist them as if they are still in the race  "we have to have a little more give and take, shes got to trust in me when I think I know something.."  :angel:

And Nick is a actor of sorts, I don't know how to read him? In my mind they won so to me its sort of like "Yeah I won and I'm okay with my sister and Dallas being together now that the race is over .."

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #278 on: November 05, 2008, 01:27:44 AM »

I think party may be the source's interpretation, and it could be more of a Pitstop gathering.

And sure the Pavilion hall or wherever could have the art...
So if Ken is partying with the pitstop gathering then hes not eliminated? Because the eliminated team is whisked away and do not see the other teams so?

Party is not my interpretation--it was the sources.

A hall behind the Pavilion could be a great place for the actual spend the night Pitstop... with plenty of room for post-leg confessionals.

And I'm not convinced they are elim'd anyway, :funny: Ken still seems to be talking like "we'll have to"... as in on the next leg !

And as far as guided goes...teams have been told they could not leave to go eat/sleep/mingle until they gave the producers the footage/quotes they needed.

Teams have also said that they sometimes had a very difficult time to NOT say what they were clearly being led towards...  :res:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #279 on: November 05, 2008, 01:45:04 AM »
My feeling was Ken is talking like he is still in the race too peachs, oh I really hope so, again for my own selfish reasons! The thought of them not making final 3 makes me want to cry, I love them!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #280 on: November 05, 2008, 01:47:02 AM »

Teams have also said that they sometimes had a very difficult time to NOT say what they were clearly being led towards...  :res:
Like the Big Brother Diary room  :lol:!?

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #281 on: November 05, 2008, 01:47:17 AM »
My feeling was Ken is talking like he is still in the race too peachs, oh I really hope so, again for my own selfish reasons! The thought of them not making final 3 makes me want to cry, I love them!

Well, in the leg that Anthony and Stephanie (who are they, lol) were eliminated, they had a confessional (and it was from the end of the leg they were eliminated) that made it appear that they didn't get eliminated, because I remember watching and thinking "Oh crap, I'm gonna lose points in the game lol"

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #282 on: November 05, 2008, 01:49:49 AM »
I'm SO off topic but can't help it  :sucks

Hi Stacy,

I saw TAR teams today as well at PDX.  I drive the international buses at PDX but not today.  However, I was driving the terminal parking lot  buses today and saw a camera man /sound man  running after a very tan blond woman in a florescent green sporty outfit, backpack  and one of those TAR  clue cards (?)  in her hand just about the time  the Germany  flight  would have landed. They were getting a taxi here at PDX.  I had to keep  my  eyes on my driving  but a person in the bus said they were from The Amazing Race.

My  next  loop  around (20 minutes later),  I arrived  at the terminal  and  saw  more teams grabbing a taxi.  Fortunately  I was driving the Employee lot bus  and one of the supervisors  (who  got  on  camera & had to sign a TAR release  for TV)   confirmed that the teams  in fact were from TAR and got off the Lufthansa  flight from Germany to Portland OR.    They were headed  up to Washington state.  He also said there were only  4 teams and perhaps  the other two teams  went up via  Seattle first -  but that of course is purely  speculation.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #283 on: November 05, 2008, 02:05:52 AM »

Like the Big Brother Diary room  :lol:!?

Exactly.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #284 on: November 05, 2008, 02:08:20 AM »
I guess anything is possible like Ken and Tina could be final 3 if another team really screws up. We should, if things go the way in my thinking, there could very well be a team behind Ken and Tina maybe a speedbump putting a later team farther behind?

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #285 on: November 05, 2008, 08:31:29 AM »
I think party may be the source's interpretation, and it could be more of a Pitstop gathering.

And sure the Pavilion hall or wherever could have the art...
So if Ken is partying with the pitstop gathering then hes not eliminated? Because the eliminated team is whisked away and do not see the other teams so?

No, I don't believe this is the case once Sequesterville(s) are full. Eliminated teams finishing 6, 5, and 4 typically travel with the entourage and then participate in decoy operations at the final city. Now it matters greatly whether this "party" or gathering is after the first Moscow pitstop or the second. After the first is OK since eliminated teams will have time to get on the same set of flights as the Final 3 one day earlier(May 13) to Frankfurt and Portland. After the second does will allow not enough time to do that.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #286 on: November 05, 2008, 10:56:13 AM »
Since the source of the "party" is our eyewitness Robyn and the area that Ken is sitting in may very well be the All Russian Centre, which I think it is, then the date should be May 13th as in the final Moscow leg.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #287 on: November 17, 2008, 06:55:06 PM »

I'm re-thinking this confessional might be this coming leg, Moscow part 1. Could this be Nick covered in flour?

Do we know this place?

Nick: I think the budding romance between Dallas and Starr is kind of cute, shes my baby sister 

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #288 on: November 17, 2008, 07:20:56 PM »
Moscow Botanical Gardens has potential http://www.panoramio.com/photo/8843464  :umn:

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #289 on: November 17, 2008, 07:59:40 PM »
 :waves: It also has the benefit of being at the back door (northern edge) of the exhibition center.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #290 on: November 17, 2008, 08:47:18 PM »
 :lol: just so people don't get confused

<< this would be the final leg, leg 10 in Moscow Pitstop All Russian Centre Exhibition (Nick and Starr)

Then we have Nick and Starr beggining leg 9

And possible leg 9 pitstop

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #291 on: November 17, 2008, 09:31:27 PM »
per clue this week, Nicks confessional would make sense now.
I bet Starr says that Dallas actions during the roadblock is studly and Nick snaps back that Dallas could probably like palm these..  :lol:

Nick: I think the budding romance between Dallas and Starr is kind of cute, shes my baby sister

*A romance grows stronger between two racers — will competition cause a rift in their relationship?