Author Topic: misc screencaps videos/commercials  (Read 110446 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Video Meet The Cast!
« Reply #175 on: September 04, 2008, 01:48:09 AM »
And if they are on Forte São Marcelo and thats the pitstop how do they get off? Waiting ferries? I can't find a schedule anywhere.
  I suppose they could be on the Mercado Modelo the nearby docks ???  and perhaps Mark & Bills confessional is from the free time they have in between the legs day to next day leg 1. Do you still think they sleep in the jungle Chateau ?

Huh?  :lol: :lol: :lol:
  :meow:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #176 on: September 04, 2008, 02:08:18 AM »
So the Lacerda Elevator runs daily from 5 am to midnight. We have at least 1 team noted doing the elevator task at 11:35:05 am. So why is it taking the teams 2 days to complete the tasks? What are the hours of Forte São Marcelo? What do the teams do in between? Do they get taken to the jungle for the night? Where do Mark and Bills confessional come from? the future? or that between time?

So Forte São Marcelo must come first thing the next following day so maybe you guys are right and Dallas and mom could be  waiting for the ferry to take them across? something like that?
I'm having no luck finding ferry schedules to  Forte São Marcelo or its hours of operation.

This shot was taken here between 3:35 and 5:00 pm (assumes April 23rd)

It looks like these two have already signed up for their transport/time.  They are now headed to the trucks that will take them into the jungle.

I looks like teams will be divided into three groups (3 trucks).

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #177 on: September 04, 2008, 03:08:03 AM »
I found the stupid thing

Information: *O strong is in front of the wharf and to the Market Model and is opened to the public visitation. * The fort is across the pier and the Market Model and is open you public visitation. The access is made of boat from the Nautical Center. Access is done by boat from the Nautical Center. The sunday functions of terça, 9h to 18h. Open from Tuesday you the Sunday from 9am you 18h. Ingression (stretch of boat more entered in the fort): R$ 10,00 (students pay R$ 5,00). Admission (excerpt from entering the boat lives powerful): $ 10,00 (students pay U.S. $ 5,00).
link
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 03:13:09 AM by puddin »

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #178 on: September 04, 2008, 07:49:34 AM »
So the Lacerda Elevator runs daily from 5 am to midnight. We have at least 1 team noted doing the elevator task at 11:35:05 am. So why is it taking the teams 2 days to complete the tasks? What are the hours of Forte São Marcelo? What do the teams do in between? Do they get taken to the jungle for the night? Where do Mark and Bills confessional come from? the future? or that between time?

So Forte São Marcelo must come first thing the next following day so maybe you guys are right and Dallas and mom could be  waiting for the ferry to take them across? something like that?
I'm having no luck finding ferry schedules to  Forte São Marcelo or its hours of operation.

This shot was taken here between 3:35 and 5:00 pm (assumes April 23rd)

It looks like these two have already signed up for their transport/time.  They are now headed to the trucks that will take them into the jungle.

I looks like teams will be divided into three groups (3 trucks).

puddin, I think it appropriate to address these questions. I have found a photo of the interior of Forte Sao Maracelo:
Forte Sao Marcelo interior

It looks like an air conditioning system(for inside) on the wall, so they must have electricity. Whether they have plumbing is unclear but it is a very short distance over to the fort from where the boats must be docked. I think they in fact could sleep there if necessary. Certainly WRP could bring port-a-potties and barrels of water over if they needed to.

On the question of those late for the elevator, the information for leg 1 (April 23 in Salvador) is quite specific about expected arrival times except for weather or other flight delays. "The Lacerda elevator runs 5am to midnight" so any teams arriving late should still be able to use it on the 23rd.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #179 on: September 04, 2008, 10:38:33 AM »
Hi Puddin, it's sort of a bad day for me to research so I can't answer the Q's effectively now.  But I am curious about what you wrote

We have at least 1 team noted doing the elevator task at 11:35:05 am.

Where did that exact time come from?  I must have missed that!  I have a sun estimate for some teams climbing but that exact time is news to me!

Sleep in the Jungle:   For sure  :tup:

Mark & Bill spending free time between legs:  Who's legs   :funny:
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #180 on: September 04, 2008, 11:51:47 AM »
Stop that Chateau  :lol:

news

Quinta-feira, 24 de Abril de 2008
Reality show internacional grava especial em Salvador

Thanks to a little trick Slowhatch taught me the little picture of what sure appears to be a team/teams is dated
DateTime : 2008:04:24 11:35:05

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #181 on: September 04, 2008, 12:02:17 PM »

puddin, I think it appropriate to address these questions. I have found a photo of the interior of Forte Sao Maracelo:
Forte Sao Marcelo interior

It looks like an air conditioning system(for inside) on the wall, so they must have electricity. Whether they have plumbing is unclear but it is a very short distance over to the fort from where the boats must be docked. I think they in fact could sleep there if necessary. Certainly WRP could bring port-a-potties and barrels of water over if they needed to.

On the question of those late for the elevator, the information for leg 1 (April 23 in Salvador) is quite specific about expected arrival times except for weather or other flight delays. "The Lacerda elevator runs 5am to midnight" so any teams arriving late should still be able to use it on the 23rd.
Forte São Marcelo has restaurants, museums and gift shops so yes they must have plumbing but I do not think they sleep on the fort itself the above scenario makes more sense, teams wait go to Forte São Marcelo, hours of operation and that could be why we see Dallas & Toni waiting near the docks, for the boat to take them. What do they do there? I don't know? find something? then they are directed to the elevator and the pitstop wherever that may be. Could be where Bill and Mark have their confessional? There is time though we should still have press photos to look forward to and they might be telling.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #182 on: September 04, 2008, 12:14:53 PM »
tv guide spells it out, doesn't mean they actually sleep at the fort though ~ :D

Episode Detail: - Amazing Race 13
The race begins with 11 teams departing the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum and flying to Salvador, Brazil, where they must either climb up a large stone staircase on their hands and knees or climb down a 240-foot cargo net. The first pit stop is Forte São Marcelo and the last team to arrive is eliminated.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #183 on: September 04, 2008, 12:21:09 PM »
Thanks Puddin.  I tried to emulate Slowhatch and this is what I found.

I see a creation date that is in the future so that means the camera's date was not set right.  And I see the same 11:35:05 am that you see but it is the modification date within a PDF file.  So...?   :duno:

The PDF date is probably when the writer was putting together their post for the blog on April 24th.  Probably within a few hours of taking the picture. 

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #184 on: September 04, 2008, 12:24:18 PM »
Chateau you wrote  :tup:

Chateau d if:
This shot was taken here between 9:45 and 9:59 am (assumes April 24th)

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #185 on: September 04, 2008, 12:26:03 PM »
I did that study on another computer so I can't easily re-check it.  I will later on. 

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #186 on: September 04, 2008, 12:28:37 PM »
So now I have to wonder why Sarah is crying at the fort? We know she and Terance are not eliminated ???

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #187 on: September 04, 2008, 12:30:15 PM »
See, I knew you didn't get my point on the crying!  :funny:

And yes, more pictures of inside the fort, like Apskip's, will help me get a time for the shot.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #188 on: September 04, 2008, 03:27:52 PM »
Okay clothing experts:  Could these two be these two?

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #189 on: September 04, 2008, 03:32:46 PM »
I was thinking the same thing... I thought that was them
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 04, 2008, 03:44:21 PM »
Cheateau, it looks like them to me based on the blue shirt of the woman..

but then again, my vision is clouded from staring at my avatar to much.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #191 on: September 04, 2008, 04:16:41 PM »
I honestly can't decide who it is, lol

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #192 on: September 04, 2008, 04:33:40 PM »
Michael, I was noticing that too!  But the best avatar of yours was the one of Kandice where I had to ask if it really was her.  That one stays on my mind  :-[

Back to the rope net climbers, it looks like the shots were taken within 20 minutes of each other based on the shadows.  It is so close that I can't yet even say which team was doing it first.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #193 on: September 04, 2008, 05:32:15 PM »
And if they are on Forte São Marcelo and thats the pitstop how do they get off? Waiting ferries? I can't find a schedule anywhere.
  I suppose they could be on the Mercado Modelo the nearby docks ???  and perhaps Mark & Bills confessional is from the free time they have in between the legs day to next day leg 1. Do you still think they sleep in the jungle Chateau ?

Thanks to Slowhatch's VR tour (see Maps) here is another  pretty pic of the marina there which refreshed my memory of that --looks like an excellent choice to me. I guess it could be a quick interview as they leave the Pitstop the next day on the way to Forteleza.

I also think sorta remember from apskip's work that the flights to Fortelaza are awkward for our needs, so maybe the Sarah happy reaction could be for a early chartered flight to Forteleza rather than a truck to the jungle?? Somehow I am not feeling the jungle love.... :lol:

« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 06:36:46 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #194 on: September 04, 2008, 06:09:16 PM »
I don't think that picture is big enough peach :sera:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #195 on: September 04, 2008, 06:16:06 PM »

Thanks to Slowhatch's VR tour (see Maps) here is another  pretty pic of the marina there which refreshed my memory of that --looks like an excellent choice to me. I guess it could be a quick interview as they leave the Pitstop the next day on the way to Forteleza.

I also think sorta remember from apskip's work that the flights to Fortelaza are awkward for our needs, so maybe the Sarah happy reaction could be for a early chartered flight to Forteleza rather than a truck to the jungle?? Somehow I am not feeling the jungle love.... :lol:

When we see Sarah happy at the 19 BC whatever its day 1 in Bahia peach so it can't be a flight that shes happy about, they don't know where they are going until the next day and we see them all bunched pretty much a large group running through the Fortaleza airport so I don't think a chartered flight would be the case.

And good call by Chateau and Slowhatch with the marina shots being around Forte São Marcelo, not Fortaleza like I had thought :jam:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #196 on: September 04, 2008, 06:25:50 PM »
I don't think that picture is big enough peach :sera:

oops...too big?? It isn't for me but I'll fix it...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #197 on: September 04, 2008, 10:23:31 PM »
Peach said
I also think sorta remember from apskip's work that the flights to Fortelaza are awkward for our needs, so maybe the Sarah happy reaction could be for a early chartered flight to Forteleza rather than a truck to the jungle?? Somehow I am not feeling the jungle love....

Now, I do not see the flights that Chateau and I put together as awkward. What is awkward about this?:

JJ 3366 leaving SSA at 2:30 am arrives FOR at 4:15 am  
JJ 3890 leaving SSA at 3:30 am arrives REC at 4:45 am and on from REC at 5:20 am arrives FOR at 6:35 am
G3 1642 leaving SSA at 6:45 am arrives REC at 8:00 am and on from REC at 8:30 am arrives FOR at 9:45 am

What is truly awkward is how teams are going to get from Fortaleza to Bolivia. That is going to take a great deal of time. Perhaps a charter flight is used for that.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #198 on: September 04, 2008, 10:35:41 PM »
Thanks, guess I mis-remembered!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: promo
« Reply #199 on: September 21, 2008, 07:14:15 PM »
I might have more, about 9 hours worth of recordings to go thru .........after the Emmys that is :D

« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 07:35:58 PM by puddin »