Author Topic: Second Place ♥♥♥ TAR13 ♥♥♥ Ken Greene & Tina Greene ♥♥♥  (Read 99382 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: Second Place ♥♥♥ TAR13 ♥♥♥ Ken Greene & Tina Greene ♥♥♥
« Reply #75 on: December 15, 2008, 03:05:51 PM »
Hi Tina!  :xmas49

We are so glad you  are here!  It was wonderful getting to meet you both, and many, many thanks for all the help with those loose ends!

I was just going thru some pics, Karen (Harley) took this one of y'all at Rockefeller Plaza, and I think it is wonderful!

Hmmm....there are still a few questions, are you game??  :cmaslol
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #76 on: December 15, 2008, 03:18:48 PM »
Tina,

I have to send you have a picture from Rockefeller Center that I took of you and Ken. It was a pleasure having lunch with you, Ken and the other racers last week. I did talk to Ken, but unfortunately, did not have the chance of introducing myself to you. Everything was quite the whirlwind in New York.

And hopefully, we'll see you at future TARCons!
Just here to visit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #77 on: December 15, 2008, 06:26:52 PM »
God Bless you Kiwi and Puddin!!!!  We so appreciate your support and love!!!  It has been absolutely astounding the outpouring of emails, posts to our website, facebook etc.......from around the world.  I feel humbled that we did in fact touch some lives.......and in the process our own lives were touched in such a positive way.  I will absolutely come back and see how you and everyone is doing on RFF and keep you posted on any new developments with us.  You may even see us "renew our vows" on TV and possibly some Adventure Travel trips, etc.........Who Knows?!?!?!?!  XOXOXOXO, T

"new developments, renew our vows on TV and possibly some Adventure Travel trips.."  :jumpy:  :yess: move aside Samantha Brown !!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #78 on: December 15, 2008, 06:32:34 PM »
God Bless you Kiwi and Puddin!!!!  We so appreciate your support and love!!!  It has been absolutely astounding the outpouring of emails, posts to our website, facebook etc.......from around the world.  I feel humbled that we did in fact touch some lives.......and in the process our own lives were touched in such a positive way.  I will absolutely come back and see how you and everyone is doing on RFF and keep you posted on any new developments with us.  You may even see us "renew our vows" on TV and possibly some Adventure Travel trips, etc.........Who Knows?!?!?!?!  XOXOXOXO, T

My hubby and I were pulling for you all the way. I'm glad you have joined us here at RFF so we can tell you personally how much we enjoyed watching you both overcome the challenges in the race. We knew you would make it to the end and being so close behind is a testament to your abilities.

Congratulations and welcome to RFF!  :kisses
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline GreeneTeam

• Amazing Racers
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #79 on: December 16, 2008, 08:34:50 PM »
I had a moment and logged back on....I will try and come back whenever I can grab some free time ;) 
So heartwarming to hear that so many of you supported us on our Amazing Race Journey!!!

Georgia Peach asked if I was game to answer some questions...and Yes I will do my best!   :cmas11

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #80 on: December 16, 2008, 08:38:46 PM »
 :kisses thanks. It is so great to have you here !  :cmas23
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #81 on: December 16, 2008, 09:10:02 PM »
Whoo Hoo! What fun to have you here, we are so excited!  :xmas110

Great interview last night too! :xmas49

Some of this I know, but can you tell everyone how long you were looking for that darned clue box?

What time did you actually arrive on the mat in Moscow?

I know that last Moscow leg had a VERY short Pitstop--how long did you actually have there? Get any sleep at all?

Where was the 2nd Moscow Pitstop? (If you can say...)  We kept hearing rumors of a TAR party in a Pavilion behind Lenin, lol...

I know that there was an unused U-turn in the first Moscow leg. What made you decide not to use it? Any regrets about that?

Thanks Tina! :hugs:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #82 on: December 16, 2008, 09:24:12 PM »
In Bolivia, did you feel any danger from riding the wooden bikes on the cobblestones?
Just here to visit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #83 on: December 17, 2008, 06:10:28 PM »
Very cool site Tina  :roses:

www.kennyandtina.com

Offline GreeneTeam

• Amazing Racers
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #84 on: December 18, 2008, 06:59:26 PM »
Thanks for the sweet message Kiwi.....wish we could have met in NZ too.........what a wonderful experience we had ~ absolutely stunning scenery from the helicopter ride and I loved landing on the hill with the sheep, Phil and his Dad.  I even got to throw a stick and play with the dogs and watch them herd the sheep.  We cannot wait to come back and explore NZ!!!!!

Puddin.....thank you for the props on our website....we will continue to upgrade and update it daily and weekly as new things develop!

Georgia Peach.....let me see if I can remember some of the things you asked without my diary nearby.....we were dropped off about 1/4 of a mile from the station where Nick & Starr and Andrew & Dan were....so there are MANY stations of varying types between!!!  We tried to make our way as the Postcard showed to the other side but they had demolished a building and it was surrounded by rubble and fences.  I wanted to climb over and take a shortcut - teehee....but was shot down.  So we wandered all over between our stop and the entrance to VDNKh Park and then saw Dan & Andrew running through the entrance so we raced after them.......of course we got no payback help on finding the clue box.....but when we headed out of the Park we worked our way straight up through to the Metro and I found the cluebox outside!!!  Yipppeee........we finally got to the mat maybe about 7pm?  We were up interviewing etc....until about 12:30am.....only a few hours sleep before heading to the airport.  We went right back to the same hotel we stayed in the night before....DRATS if I had figured that out I would have dumped the contents of my backpack on the bed to make it lighter for ALL OF THE RUNNING around I did that day!!!!!   We knew that the second UTurn would be useless and only antagonize another team as it had to be a non-elimination before they narrowed the field to 3.....so noone used it. ;)

TarAsia - YES....the wooden bikes in Bolivia seemed the most dangerous of all we did on the Race!!!!  Our photographer was on the back of a 4 wheeler and one on a bike and they said Ken and I were clocked through the tunnel going 35 mph......I got a very good technique down from younger days when I was a pretty good skateboard rider and I shot past Terrence and Sarah - Which he did not like?!?!?!  When I exited the tunnel first I almost hit a cab - the brake did not work......and if Kenny had not had to go get my bike down the hill we would have beat everyone to the next cluebox....but it did not matter as we ending up winning that leg after his infamous and entertaining Cholita Fight!

Hope this helps........and I will try and search through to see the posts of us you mentioned Kiwi.

XOXOXO, T

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #85 on: December 18, 2008, 08:26:13 PM »
Wow. Sounds like a whole lot of adventures  :cmaslol

I have a question that might have been asked but not posted here.

From the starting line who were you and Kenny thinking were gonna be the biggest threats!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #86 on: December 18, 2008, 09:30:25 PM »
In India, you saw Ken get hit by the dye in the Roadblock and you also had dye thrown at you. How surprised were you when you saw the people make a run at you?
Just here to visit.

Offline GreeneTeam

• Amazing Racers
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #87 on: December 19, 2008, 10:18:02 PM »
Hi Everyone!

We felt early on that Mark & Bill, Terence & Sarah and Nick & Starr would probably be our toughest competition.

I was surprised that they got me so good with the green paint @ the Holi Festival.....we were the last team and I think they wanted to use up ALL of their powder and liquid color....and THEY DID !!!!!&&#*@(*@*&@#*#@)#(_)_#    :mas25  I even climbed up on a Jungle Gym to avoid them and try and help Kenny.....but they got me when I climbed down.   I truly did not realize all day how very green my hair really was...we had so many tasks, speed bump etc. to overcome and I was so focused.  Too funny when I finally looked in a mirror at the end of the day!!!! 

Happy Weekend ;)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #88 on: December 19, 2008, 10:27:07 PM »
When Ken was running thru the Holi powder he looked and sounded like the Hulk :lol:
What really impressed me was how calm you both were doing the Speedbump Tina, you were both so calm, not panicky at all, you got her done  :jam:

XOXOXOXOXOX'S <<<<<<<<<3333333333333

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #89 on: December 19, 2008, 10:46:50 PM »
Thank you Tina!  :kisses

That lent new meaning to the "Greene" team, :lol:!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #90 on: December 19, 2008, 10:51:11 PM »
If you can answer Tina ....... was this interview below at the Hotel or VDNKh Park and if Hotel can you name it? This place was an obsession for me for awhile, it placed you and Ken in at least the final 4 for sure  :yess: .

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #91 on: December 21, 2008, 09:53:47 PM »
nd then saw Dan & Andrew running through the entrance so we raced after them.......of course we got no payback help on finding the clue box.....

TarAsia - YES....the wooden bikes in Bolivia seemed the most dangerous of all we did on the Race!!!!  Our photographer was on the back of a 4 wheeler and one on a bike and they said Ken and I were clocked through the tunnel going 35 mph......XOXOXO, T

Tina, congratulations on a well run race. 

As for Dan and Andrew, those &&%$^& did have an opportunity to help you out.  That 30 minutes that it took you to find the clue box and return to the mat must have felt a lot longer. 

As for the wooden bikes, Wow!!  Very few people ever get to ride any kind of bicycle 35 miles an hour and for you to do that on a wooden one must have been both frightening and exhilirating.  I'm so evnvious  :cmas27

We all have pre-conceptions about what it would be like to participate in the race.  What surprised you the most about the conduct of the race and how it is run?

Were you a fan of the race before?  If so, who were your favorite racers of the past?

I looked at Ken's NFL statistics.  He had an excellent year in 1981 with 7 interceptions.  He was only 25 but that was really his last good year.  I'm assuming he must have sustained some sort of serious injury.  Did he?  If so, what was it and does it still affect him to this day?

Thanks.

Offline GreeneTeam

• Amazing Racers
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #92 on: January 07, 2009, 12:30:59 PM »
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!

Georgia Peach - I believe that interview was at the hotel where we stayed two nights in Moscow - Swissotel Krasne Holmy.

Pedaler - We have been huge fans of Amazing Race since it's inception!!!! We loved Uchenna & Joyce! 
                Ken had shoulder problems while playing in the NFL and finally decided to retire.

Ken & I only wished there had been more physical and technical challenges as we trained for months preparing and think that would have been to our advantage.  We would also have liked to drive more rather than relying so much on taxis.
We know that we were very blessed to be selected and had a wonderful journey.....we only hope that we will be picked for an ALL STAR edition as we would like another shot at it since we came so close to winning!  :-[

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #93 on: January 07, 2009, 01:05:47 PM »
Tina!!!! Happy New Year to you and Ken! :jumpy: :jumpy: :jumpy:
Just here to visit.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #94 on: January 07, 2009, 01:27:44 PM »
Happy New Year to you and Ken Tina!  :hugs: and  :kuss: from NZ  ;D :tup:

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #95 on: January 07, 2009, 01:30:05 PM »
...And even a racer agrees that self-driving is much more crutial and beneficial to TAR then Taxi's. TAR13 was so relient on taxi's only the NZ Leg was self-driving as it will always be as Taxi's only come if you call one they dont usually rome around  :lol:

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #96 on: January 07, 2009, 07:29:33 PM »
The Amazing Taxi Race!  I also think there should be more self-driving.  My favorite leg of this season was episode 4.  The main reason is for the self-driving.  When was the last time someone got lost?  Peter and Sarah?  Who knows, Ken and Tina could have won!  :groan:
« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 06:02:47 PM by Snooky101 »

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #97 on: January 08, 2009, 05:30:09 PM »
You two should have won! I was rooting for you in the Finale!
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #98 on: January 10, 2009, 02:03:07 PM »
Seconded!  :hearts:

Offline GreeneTeam

• Amazing Racers
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #99 on: January 13, 2009, 10:15:18 AM »
God Bless you TARAsia, Hooky, Kiwi Jay, Snooky 101, Puddin, Georgia Peach.....and all of you who have give us such wonderful support!!!
We are praying for another chance at TAR - definitely with more driving and more physical challenges...mental ones too!!!!
Hope 2009 is an AMAZING one for us all   :-*  Tina & Ken