Author Topic: Second Place ♥♥♥ TAR13 ♥♥♥ Ken Greene & Tina Greene ♥♥♥  (Read 99377 times)

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Names: Ken and Tina Greene
Ages: 51, 48
Occupations: home-builder/former- NFL, President of BioPharmMed
Hometown: Tampa, FL and San Diego, CA
Relationship: Married, but separated

This married couple is looking to be reconnected on the Race. They’ve been separated for nine months and living on different coasts and are ready to put their marriage back together.

Ken, an ex-NFL star who played for both the St. Louis Cardinals and the San Diego Chargers, was also a college football assistant coach and is currently a home builder. He is competitive, athletic and believes his problem solving skills will help them win the Race. He thinks Tina is too controlling and should relax a bit more, but anticipates the Race will help them learn to appreciate their differences. His poor choices and infidelity tore their marriage apart and he prays that the Race will help Tina to trust him again.

Tina is a business owner and a CEO. She enjoys meeting new people and experiencing new cultures and believes that everyone has an endearing unique quality about them. She is the brains while Ken is the brawn. She has worked as a Director of Strategic Planning and has launched two successful companies. Tina is also Chairman of the Board of The Children's Cancer Center in Tampa. Tina is driven, athletic and competitive. Both Tina & Ken are Christians and have refocused their lives on building their faithfulness.

Despite their differences, they are still in love and eager to fix their marriage. Both are well traveled and adventurous.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 06:22:33 PM by puddin »

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
whoo!!! Divorced team  :wohoo:
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
We've seen this before. Broken relationship gets further broken on the race. They could be the ones to change that, but you never know.
Just here to visit.

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
A part of me thinks she's gona be the bitch. I don't know, she just looks like it.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
This team will be fighting in the airport as they're in line for their first flight. You heard it here fist.
Just here to visit.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Tampa resident in CBS' The Amazing Race
As I have said before in this space, reality TV shows love to cast Floridians.

And CBS has proven my point yet again by featuring Tampa resident Tina Greene competing with her ex-NFL player husband Ken Greene in the network's 11th installment of its Emmy-winning, globe trotting competition,The Amazing Race.

Local residents may recognize Mrs. Greene as Tina Hunter Stewart, president of the Tampa-based executive search firm BioPharmMed. According to CBS, Tina has separated from Ken -- who was, according to the Seattle Times, discharged from an assistant coaching job at Washington State University last year for unspecified misconduct.

The network says Tina, who lives in Tampa, and Ken, who lives in San Diego, are looking to reconnect. Ken once played for the St. Louis Cardinals and San Diego Chargers, but now works as a home builder. CBS also says he is competitive and athletic while she is controlling and needs to relax. I can see the fatigue-fueled arguments over driving directions in Caracas now!

Amazing Race is considered one of TV's better reality shows, with a five Emmy wins (though host Phil Keoghan was criminally overlooked for a best host nomination this year; I'll have some quotes from him in a few weeks from a converatin with him in Los Angeles about it).

The drill seems the same for the 13th cycle, which begins airing Sept. 28 at 8 p.m. It's a 30,000-mile race across five continents in 23 days includng countries such as Cambodia and Kazakhstan for a $1-million grand prize. Just the sort of laid back environment to make marriage reconciliation easy.

http://blogs.tampabay.com/media/2008/08/tampa-resident.html
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Lucky13

• RFF Not So Newbie
Me thinks the little infidelity indiscretion (mentioned somewhere while I was surfing, admitted by Ken) and the job discharge may be linked. Makes sense on a college campus. But if we admire John Edward's wife for sticking by her man, so we should respect Tina Greene for the same.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
World Race Productions and CBS are doing this team no favors with the label "Last Chance Couple". This may be their last chance to win $1,000,000 but it is not their last opportunity to get their marriage back together. Anyone trying to do that on the Amazing Race with all its stress has to have their judgment questioned. Their best chance to do that began after the competion of AR13.

Offline elopes

• RFF Not So Newbie
Yeah, I feel bad for them the way they're being branded.  It's probably not LITERALLY their last chance...  nonetheless, I expect we'll see a loooot of fighting from these two  :pull

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Kind of like the cruel label for Chuck and Millie. You remember that one, don't you?  ;) ;) ;)
Just here to visit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
I love them, from the little I've seen of their interviews/video, I think Ken has a snarky sense of humor, and I love snark.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I love them, from the little I've seen of their interviews/video, I think Ken has a snarky sense of humor, and I love snark.
Thank you. Oh, you're talking about Ken the racer. My bad.  :lol: :lol: :lol:
Just here to visit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Must be something about those "Kens" lol ;)

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Yes. Me. Ken of Ken & Gerard. Ken of Ken and Tina. We're all snarks.  :lol: :lol:
Just here to visit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
how do you explain mswood? lol

Offline floridasfan

• RFF Newbie
I am speaking up to talk about this wonderful couple!

Tina is one of the kindest, loving, tenderhearted women I know.  She is the type of person that always sees the good in people!
These two really love each other!! 

Life happens, but it takes strong people to fight for what they want!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
:welcome2:  to RFF, floridasfan!

I like them both so far, and have a soft spot in my heart for anyone involved in children's medicine! We are looking forward to seeing them race, and hope you will feel free to give us your opinions of how they do!

:ty4posting
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Second Place ♥♥♥ TAR13 ♥♥♥ Ken Greene & Tina Greene ♥♥♥
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2008, 06:16:57 PM »
hello Ken and Tina

Watch CBS Videos Online

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2008, 11:03:35 PM »
I really think I'm going to love this team :<3

Slideshow link

« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 05:25:28 PM by puddin »

Offline Littlemik

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2008, 02:07:02 AM »
Yeah, I feel bad for them the way they're being branded.  It's probably not LITERALLY their last chance...  nonetheless, I expect we'll see a loooot of fighting from these two  :pull

Yeap. I can see it now!!! The screaming, yelling and crying in the airport and taxis!!!
Oh My God, The Teletubbies Go To War – Oswald

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2008, 12:12:23 AM »
Seriously I love them!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline elopes

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2008, 10:22:51 AM »
OMG just saw that commercial about "NFL is easy, but traveling with wife is not..." BRUTAL!   (:;)  (:;)

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2008, 02:45:21 PM »
lol same. but I still like them

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2008, 02:33:21 PM »

In a 'Race' to save their marriage
By Eric Deggans, Times TV/Media Critic

Published Friday, September 26, 2008 4:03 PM

She knows it sounds insane — trying to fix a marriage fractured by separation and infidelity by embarking on a globe-hopping, nationally televised reality TV show.

Though local businesswoman Tina Hunter Greene can't divulge details of her and husband Ken Greene's time on the 13th cycle of CBS's hit travel competition The Amazing Race, the twinkle in her eyes when her partner's name comes up may say it all.

Greene, 49, won't say whether her husband is moving from his California home to Tampa, noting the progression of their relationship is a story line on the show. But she does say that, from the moment they began filling out CBS's 13-page application, she knew their time on The Amazing Race would make or break their reconciliation.

"I learned a lot of things about how Ken looked at me, and how I looked at him that I didn't really know," Greene said. "You either grow to respect and love your partner, or you don't. And that will all be played out on TV."

Crisp and cheery in a fire engine red suit, Greene seems more urbane professional than globe-hopping competitor. But when the opportunity came to apply for the show last November, she suggested to her husband, an ex-professional football player, that they film a video to try for a slot.

"I didn't seek out the Race to save the marriage, but it came at a time that we were at a make-or-break situation," she said.

He was a former player for the St. Louis Cardinals and the San Diego Chargers who migrated to college coaching at Fresno State, Purdue and finally Washington State. She was a well-traveled, hard-charging business owner willing to move from Tampa to Washington state for their marriage about five years ago.

But last year, something happened. A commercial for Race depicts Ken Greene admitting an infidelity, and he resigned as cornerbacks coach for WSU in May 2007.

Tina Greene declined to comment on the specifics of her husband's mistakes or job change. But the two were living in separate cities by the end of 2007 — she in Tampa and he in San Diego, where he was working as a home builder.

Ask whether their stint on Race might be the most expensive marriage counseling ever, she laughs.

"One of the producers said to me, when I was waffling a bit on doing this, 'If you do this race, when you step off the plane, you will know whether you want to be with this man.' "

Still, when friend Mary Ann Massolio heard Greene was competing, she thought her pal was participating in some local version of the CBS hit.

"Once I figured out what she meant, it made perfect sense," said Massolio, executive director of the Children's Cancer Center, which provides counseling, financial assistance and other support to the families of children struggling with cancer.

Now, Greene is chairwoman of the center's board — a volunteer so focused, one of her first questions was how to best promote the group on the show.

"She's very athletic, she's very driven and they have an interesting story," Massolio said. "I thought 'If you want to go public with that, God love you . . . Go for it.' "

To prepare, Greene jogged with 30-pound weights, trained with an ex-officer from MacDill Air Force Base and brainstormed strategies with Ken.

She got sick, notching a fever of 103 degrees, while competing in a 30,000-mile race across five continents in 23 days (CBS revealed the race starts in Brazil, ends on Portland, Ore. and has 11 pit stops total). A $1-million prize and national fame waiting at the end for the winner.

"We get to take the ordinary everyday person . . . and say, 'Here's an experience that even a million dollars couldn't buy,' " host Phil Keogan said in July. Last Sunday, he helped accept the show's record sixth Emmy as best reality TV show.

"What really works is when people come to the show, not because they want to be famous . . . (but) because they want to change their perspective," he said.

"God put this in our lives at this time for a very specific reason," Greene said. "Even though it was extremely tough and I wouldn't like to play out my personal life on national TV, hopefully we'll touch some lives and it might help others."

Eric Deggans' blog, The Feed, is at blogs.tampabay.com/media.

http://www.tampabay.com/features/media/article828905.ece
RFF's Golden Rule: