Author Topic: Second Place ♥♥♥ TAR13 ♥♥♥ Ken Greene & Tina Greene ♥♥♥  (Read 99390 times)

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Second Place ♥♥♥ TAR13 ♥♥♥ Ken Greene & Tina Greene ♥♥♥
« Reply #150 on: October 05, 2009, 07:37:13 PM »
Thanks for sharing, Tina! You look great as always.  :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:
Just here to visit.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #151 on: February 07, 2011, 11:22:15 AM »
Just had to share this!! Look at Tina hang gliding in Rio!!

Not afraid of heights now!! :hearts:

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #152 on: February 07, 2011, 06:40:34 PM »
That's wonderful! Thanks for sharing Peach! She looks like she is having fun!  :hearts:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #153 on: February 08, 2011, 08:48:46 AM »
Tina!!♥♥♥

Offline Zvarri

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #154 on: February 08, 2011, 03:35:16 PM »
I miss them so much! <3

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #155 on: February 22, 2011, 04:42:53 PM »
Ken and Tina have joined the REALITY RALLY's fight against cancer!

Tina asked me to relay this to you all, and I can vouch that this is an excellent charitable choice!

You can read what inspired Gillian Larson (Survivor) to start this event right HERE .

=============================

Ken and Tina Greene's Fundraising Page

Ken and Tina have joined the fight. Will you.?  

There are 110 Reality Stars from 37 different shows participating in Reality Rally in Temecula Valley April 15-17, 2011. I am proud to be one of the Reality Stars giving back to this charity! This is going to be a major Reality Star “Fun for Funds” fundraiser for Michelle’s Place Breast Cancer Resource Center in Murrieta, California. Michelle died of breast cancer at age 26 because of a missed diagnosis. Her dying wish was to have a place where others like her and their families could go for help and support. Her parents started Michelle’s Place 10 years ago to fulfill that wish and be a haven for those affected by breast cancer during the fight for their lives. Reality Rally is proud to support Michelle's Place. This event includes all that Temecula offers and it is “taking a village” to produce it. That village is Temecula, California, the Reality Star community, and the public who are donating and will also come and enjoy the weekend. There are many ways you can be involved in this major event. I am doing my part by going to Temecula to be a part of the entire event and also by raising funds for our cause. This is where I need your help. Please let me be your first tax deduction for 2011 and donate anything you can to my fund. I have my gloves on to fight breast cancer and support those in their fight. Will you put your gloves on too? Check out www.realityrally.com and www.michellesplace.org I truly appreciate anything you can do to help me help Michelle’s Place.

We appreciate your help!  Any donation amount gladly accepted;)

DONATE HERE!!
http://www.active.com/donate/Realityrallystars/2011RRKGreen

www.KennyandTina.com
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Guys, Kenny and Tina are asking for our help!!

They have a chance to win $300 for Children's Cancer!

Please go to this site:
http://bit.ly/PoloContest

Scroll down below the pics,

And then vote for HAT #8!! Voting ends Wed night so hurry!!

They are in second place right now, let's see if RFF an push them over the top!

From Tina:
Any help in garnering votes by Wed. night is appreciated!  We raised a lot of money in our inaugural Polo Event for The Children's Cancer Center but would love to add $300 more!   Warmly, Tina
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 09:11:33 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline GreeneTeam

• Amazing Racers
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Not So Newbie
Love you Peach & ALL the wonderful TAR Fans;).  :<3

We raised over $40,000 at our Inaugural Polo Event for Children's Cancer & hope to add $300 more through the "Best Hat" Competition!

Offline GreeneTeam

• Amazing Racers
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Not So Newbie
We hate 2nd Place....and that is where we are again in the Polo Hat Contest...please vote...have your friends/coworkers/family vote vote vote until 11:59pmEST tonight....for Photo #8 ;)

http://unationblog.com/2012/03/30/hats-off-to-the-charity-polo-classic/

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3

We raised over $40,000 at our Inaugural Polo Event for Children's Cancer & hope to add $300 more through the "Best Hat" Competition!

So pleased with teams using TV shows to raise money for good purposes.  :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Voted!

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster

So pleased with teams using TV shows to raise money for good purposes.  :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Voted!
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Keep 'em comingg guys! We only have THIS day!! And we do NOT want Team Greene in second place!! :tup:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline GreeneTeam

• Amazing Racers
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Not So Newbie
Michael Nunez wrote:

Help Tina and Ken help the terminally ill children and families of Give Kids The World. Donate today, every litttle bit helps make the difference in the lives of others:

https://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/kennyandtina/2012-hearts-of-reality

KennyandTina Greene's Page
www.firstgiving.com
The most magical sound in the world is that of a child’s laughter. That is what fills the air at Give Kids The World Village—a wish-fulfilled.....
We can't wait to visit GKTW children & families in July!!!  XOXO, Kenny and Tina

Offline GreeneTeam

• Amazing Racers
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Not So Newbie
Every dollar helps Terminally Ill Children from around the world enjoy a family trip of a lifetime to Orlando, FL...GKTW is the top rated charity and 93% of every dollar donated goes to the children & their families.  Please help us put a smile on their faces  :<3

http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/kennyandtina/2012-hearts-of-reality

P.S.  Kenny and I are still praying for a shot at an Amazing Race All Star season before we get too old!!!!!!!!  :hearts:

XOXOXO, Tina

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
Oh , yeah!! We're hoping that you can make it to an all stars!!!  :hrt: :<3 :hearts: :wohoo: :wohoo:

Let's donate!
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
I love how you two are always working on something meaningful!!

Great to hear from you! And give MY Kenny a kiss!!  :luvu:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline GreeneTeam

• Amazing Racers
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Not So Newbie
Please help if you can...every dollar helps bring a critically ill child & their family from Around the World to Orlando for a magical, fun filled week!!!!  :hearts:

http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/KenandTinaGreene/hearts-of-reality-2013#

Offline GreeneTeam

• Amazing Racers
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Not So Newbie
Last few days to help us send a child with a life threatening illness
on a magical week vacation in Orlando with their entire family!  Every single dollar helps:)
http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/KenandTinaGreene/hearts-of-reality-2013

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Thanks for sharing! Hope this is a huge success! And do feel free to post it on my FB page? The rest of you can then share it on if you will??

Hugs to Kenny and Tina!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #169 on: August 20, 2014, 03:55:07 AM »
Look what Ken and Tina are up to now!!

Kenny Greene & Wife Tina Open 1st Partnership Treatment Facility for Athletes Recovery

Aug 19 2014

By John Ingoldsby | Engagement Insider

Athletes facing issues ranging from addiction to depression now have a place to turn that was started by one of their own, along with a leader in the behavioral health field.

Former Cardinal and Charger Cornerback Kenny Greene, along with his wife Tina Hunter Greene, have tackled these serious subjects by not only providing the proper medical programs, but by doing so in a serene setting outside Houston.

The couple are proving to be the perfect team to open Athletes Recovery (www.athletesrecovery.com), with Kenny bringing his seven years of NFL experience along with a college coaching career and Tina offering her 20 years as a healthcare executive, and best of all, both are entrepreneurs who know how to start and grow a business.

A business that clearly crosses over into highly emotional and sensitive territory.

“Most every family has been affected by substance abuse, and I have seen some of my former teammates fight it, so we have taken a holistic approach in hoping to help people,” stated Kenny, who noted that some athletes encounter issues when they leave the game without having a transition plan.

“I used to take half of my bonus money in St. Louis and San Diego and put it away as savings, but not every athlete did that, so I have seen how the financial side can contribute to other problems,” observed the former cornerback, who worked in the construction business after 13 years coaching at Fresno State, Purdue, and Washington State (his alma mater), where 18 of his student-athletes went onto the NFL.

So after such a successful transition from the field, which included his marriage to Tina, the couple teamed up in the health care arena, and even participated in The Amazing Race television show, where they came in second place.

“We have a passion for athletes who need a specialized facility so they can make their recovery and sobriety a priority,” Tina stated.

And quite the facility it is, opened earlier this year and located on 50 acres about 45 minutes from Houston, with a capacity of 35 or so at any given time.

“We found a beautiful facility where athletes can comfortably be around other athletes, and while in recovery can also be doing everything from walkabouts to training to become whole again,” said Tina, adding, “We have everything in place, which makes it a lot easier, and it has been really well received.”

Most likely received well since this highly delicate and sensitive topic requires much more than a desirable physical facility, and this power couple have prioritized personnel and staffing.

“We have built a consortium of medical and mental health experts, including top sports psychologists, and also have a culturally competent and licensed staff including nutritionists and trainers that understand sports,” said Tina.

They are also constructing the appropriate alliances to raise awareness among athletes.

“We already have relationships with leagues, teams, and organizations as we make our facility available to NFL, NBA, MLB, and professionals in other sports, and additionally work with colleges as well,” according to Tina.

The organization also features an Advisory Board comprised of professionals with a wide variety of credentials and backgrounds, which Tina emphasized by saying, “We want and need an active Board to work with us.”

They even envision an active alumni support component where those who have stayed there can support each other in the aftermath of their mutual recovery.

That could turn into a growing group since the Greene’s, who live in Tampa, are already anticipating additional sites with their facility partner, with the West Coasts of both Florida and the United States being the most likely locations for two future facilities.

“We know that athletes often need a specialized facility, and have heard from many heads of sports that this is really needed, so hopefully we can change lives by making it easier to seek help,” closed Kenny.

https://www.nflplayerengagement.com/next/articles/kenny-greene-wife-tina-open-treatment-facility-for-athletes-recovery/#.U_NipDNrVlE.facebook
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Tar25fan

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #170 on: August 22, 2014, 06:22:40 PM »
Why they were never asked back to TAR? I Understand why they would not be on UB but TAR should really bring older teams back

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #171 on: August 22, 2014, 07:11:14 PM »
It's awesome to see reality show contestants giving back to the community! These two are such role models!
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax