The Amazing Race > The Racers

Second Place ♥♥♥ TAR13 ♥♥♥ Ken Greene & Tina Greene ♥♥♥

<< < (2/35) > >>

georgiapeach:

--- Quote ---Tampa resident in CBS' The Amazing Race
As I have said before in this space, reality TV shows love to cast Floridians.

And CBS has proven my point yet again by featuring Tampa resident Tina Greene competing with her ex-NFL player husband Ken Greene in the network's 11th installment of its Emmy-winning, globe trotting competition,The Amazing Race.

Local residents may recognize Mrs. Greene as Tina Hunter Stewart, president of the Tampa-based executive search firm BioPharmMed. According to CBS, Tina has separated from Ken -- who was, according to the Seattle Times, discharged from an assistant coaching job at Washington State University last year for unspecified misconduct.

The network says Tina, who lives in Tampa, and Ken, who lives in San Diego, are looking to reconnect. Ken once played for the St. Louis Cardinals and San Diego Chargers, but now works as a home builder. CBS also says he is competitive and athletic while she is controlling and needs to relax. I can see the fatigue-fueled arguments over driving directions in Caracas now!

Amazing Race is considered one of TV's better reality shows, with a five Emmy wins (though host Phil Keoghan was criminally overlooked for a best host nomination this year; I'll have some quotes from him in a few weeks from a converatin with him in Los Angeles about it).

The drill seems the same for the 13th cycle, which begins airing Sept. 28 at 8 p.m. It's a 30,000-mile race across five continents in 23 days includng countries such as Cambodia and Kazakhstan for a $1-million grand prize. Just the sort of laid back environment to make marriage reconciliation easy.
--- End quote ---

http://blogs.tampabay.com/media/2008/08/tampa-resident.html

Lucky13:
Me thinks the little infidelity indiscretion (mentioned somewhere while I was surfing, admitted by Ken) and the job discharge may be linked. Makes sense on a college campus. But if we admire John Edward's wife for sticking by her man, so we should respect Tina Greene for the same.

puddin:

apskip:
World Race Productions and CBS are doing this team no favors with the label "Last Chance Couple". This may be their last chance to win $1,000,000 but it is not their last opportunity to get their marriage back together. Anyone trying to do that on the Amazing Race with all its stress has to have their judgment questioned. Their best chance to do that began after the competion of AR13.

elopes:
Yeah, I feel bad for them the way they're being branded.  It's probably not LITERALLY their last chance...  nonetheless, I expect we'll see a loooot of fighting from these two  :pull

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version