Author Topic: ♥TAR13 Aja Benton & Ty White *Dating long-distance*  (Read 21032 times)

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: ♥TAR13 Aja Benton & Ty White *Dating long-distance*
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2008, 06:27:54 AM »
An interview with Aja and Ty:

The Amazing Race’s Ty: ‘Why Can’t I Be Brad Pitt?’

After being picked by The Amazing Race producers based on their Facebook profiles, Aja and Ty set off on a race around the world, but were eliminated Sunday, leaving just six teams competing for the $1 million prize. The spunky, long-distance daters Aja (from Los Angeles) and Ty (from Detroit) always seemed to be struggling to keep up — especially on their final leg, when they ended up on a late flight from Auckland to Cambodia, leaving them with virtually no chance. Their airy relationship and pleasant demeanor may have tuned some drama-loving viewers out, but they made friends on the show. “Dallas was a great guy,” Aja says. Talking to PEOPLE after their elimination episode, the couple say that they still love each other despite “bumpy moments,” reveal what you didn’t see on TV and fill us in on what’s next for them. “Why can’t I be Brad Pitt?” Ty asks. – Nicholas White

What did you learn about each other during the Race?
Ty: Aja is not as competitive as I would have liked. But I think it gives me good balance. You find yourself stressed out a lot and you need that person to be able to calm you down. She was able to do that.
Aja: I enjoyed it. It was difficult for me at times. He was able to run fast and harder than I could. He was able to handle the bags on our backs a lot better than I could, which is why he ended up carrying mine sometimes. I’ve never really been athletic.

How’s your relationship now? Ty, you moved to L.A.?
Ty: It had its bumpy moments. I don’t know any relationship or anybody that wouldn’t have their small hiccups following the Race. But we’re doing really well.
Aja: He moved to L.A. right after the Race. Leaving Detroit for a month, to be able to see something else, and travel around the world together, he didn’t have too much of a desire to go back. I don’t know that we will stay living together. One of his best friends [is] moving to L.A., so we might be separated in a couple of months. Not to end the relationship, but to just live separately. I already had a roommate before he moved. It’s different. Even though she knows him, I’m sure there’s part of her that misses walking around in her underwear.

What would you like to do in L.A.?
Aja: He came back here and took some great pictures. This guy should be a model. I don’t know what he’s waiting on.
Ty: This is probably the only reality show I’d want to do, outside of Survivor. If things are presented to me, whether it be acting, modeling, [or] hosting, I’d be a fool to say I don’t want to be a part of it.
Aja: He’s looking into signing a print agent. He’s not one of those people who is like, “I’m going to be the next big star.” I feel like some people after they get done with reality TV, they think they are going to be the next Angelina Jolie or Brad Pitt.
Ty: Why can’t I be Brad Pitt?
Aja: I’m not saying you can’t be Brad Pitt, babe. You and he look exactly alike.

Which remaining teams were your favorite and least favorite?
Ty: Nobody rubbed me the wrong way, other than Starr. Nothing personal, it was in the context of the Race. My favorites have to be Terence and Sarah, and Dallas and Toni. I love Kenny.
Aja: I like Kenny too. I didn’t especially care for Tina. She was a little manipulative and fake. At every Pit Stop, she came up to me and rubbed [my] back, and [said] “How did you do?” You’re like, “What is this lady doing? We’re not friends.” Kelly and Christy were my girls. I really like Terence and Sarah, for the most part. I didn’t like Nick and Starr. Their energy was hot. I like Dallas and Toni a lot. Dallas was a great guy.

What didn’t we see on the show?
Ty: [When] we got a flat tire, we also got pulled over that day. It was a series of things that derailed our momentum.
Aja: They also didn’t show that Dallas stopped to help us with a flat tire for a few minutes. That said a lot about his character. It should have been shown.
Ty: He also did that for Terrence and Sarah on a previous episode. They didn’t show us in the beginning because we weren’t bickering. We were having fun and enjoying the ride. Once we started to bicker, that’s when we started to get more airtime.

Why did you get pulled over?
Ty: We got off the plane at 3 a.m. I’ll take full responsibility for this. Naturally, you want to be on the other side of the road. I was driving on the wrong side of the road.
Aja: I told you to turn last minute, too. I take partial responsibility.

Link: http://tvwatch.people.com/2008/10/28/amazing-races-ty-why-cant-i-be-brad-pitt/

Offline TKM809

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2008, 05:38:40 PM »
I'm going to Miss Aja & Ty  :waves:

one of my fav racers i wish them well  :kuss:

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2008, 02:59:40 PM »
Looks like Ty has a film career!  :groan: :res:

Reality stars to be featured in slasher movie satire
Film TV Celebrity Snapshots, More News Bits Add comments

Reality Horror Night, a feature film project produced by Sean Pomper, will lense in Long Island, New York very soon. The unique horror film concept, is based on a reality show created by Pomper. Reality Horror Night is being produced by Neal Bellin, Karen Katz, Gregg Luckman and Seth Zuckerman, and is looking to be released in fall of 2009.

America’s favorite Reality Stars from such hit shows as Survivor, The Biggest Loser, The Mole, I Love Money, Rock of Love, Celebrity Fit Club, Momma’s Boy, MTV True-Life, I Wanna Work for Diddy, and The Amazing Race are invited to participate in a new TV Show where the prize is $1,000,000. Before the first contestant is voted off, a “freakish accident” happens, and they meet their demise. When the second and third guest “bite the dust” our contestants discover that they are not only playing for $1,000,000 but playing for their lives.

This light-comedy, light-horror, suspenseful film ponders the question, “Would you kill for $1,000,000?” Little do our Reality Stars know that this night might be considered a scam, a scam for their lives.

Reality Horror Night Stars Destiney Moore from VH1’s Rock of Love, Erik Chopin Winner of NBC’s The Biggest Loser, Frenchy from VH1’s Rock of Love, Gina Lynn from Howard TV On Demand’s Wack Pack At The Christy’s Farm, Robert Smith from VH1’s I Want to Work for Diddy, Elizabeth Gasinski from NBC’s Momma’s Boy, Gary Garver as featured on the Howard Stern Show, The “Drama King” Kayslay from Sirius/XM radio, Danielle Dipietro from MTV’s True-Life, Joseph Gannascoli from The Sopranos / VH1’s Celebrity Fit Club, Paul Grassi from ABC’s The Mole, Billy Garcia from CBS’s Survivor, Ty White from CBS’s The Amazing Race and Matthew Underwood from Zoey 101.

Visit www.realityhorrornight.com for more information.
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere