Author Topic: Ongoing BB10 Feed "Discussion"  (Read 255009 times)

Offline ThunderStruck

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Ongoing BB10 Feed "Discussion"
« Reply #1175 on: August 26, 2008, 06:50:32 AM »
It's a game, let's enjoy the game. Religion, Politics and my Drunk Cousin Ethel are things I like to avoid  :bubs

Offline alohakiwi

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1176 on: August 26, 2008, 06:53:40 AM »
.. :jam:

Offline KitKat

• RFF's Kitty Kat
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #1177 on: August 26, 2008, 06:55:39 AM »
It's a game, let's enjoy the game. Religion, Politics and my Drunk Cousin Ethel are things I like to avoid  :bubs

I didnt know know you felt that way about me, ..........signed Ethel  :lol:
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 07:04:56 AM by hdkitkat »
delightful just delightful

Offline cherylm

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1178 on: August 26, 2008, 08:30:26 AM »
Ollie ISN'T a teacher.  Ollie's behavior IS reprehensibile.  I don't think Marketing Reps are held to the same standard as teachers.  Again, why did Dan have to lie in such a personal manner?  Why couldn't he have told Ollie before the POV that he wouldn't honor his deal?  That's all I'm saying and not one person has responded to that. 
Hey cherlym  :waves:, JMO but I dont think Dan told Ollie before the pov ceremony because Dan wanted  to avoid a **** storm! It doesnt make it right or wrong it was just game play. I think Ollie is being bashed and low on the popularity polls because of his relationship with april and not really playing the game until april was evicted. I didnt know people were held to a standard in the BB house  :lol: they are all equal in my opinion I just like some better than others.

Actually Dan said he didn't tell Ollie before the POV because he wanted to "make good tv".  And you're absolutely right they are all equal in the house, but outside the house they are held to different standards.  What was the guy's name who called his charges retarded and lost his job?  That had absolutely nothing to do with how he played the game and everything to do with him exposing his true character.  People will be judged in their "real" lives on decisions they made on national television.  I grew up thinking, "sticks and stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me."  That's why I couldn't care less about Ollie's vocabulary, but am more offended by someone's actions.  Ok, ok so I'm student of every metaphor in the book, but actions DO speak louder than words in my opinion.

I'm not defending Ollie's actions in anyway shape or form!!!  While I'm ok with Dan breaking the deal, I'm just surprised that so many people think it was ok to humiliate Ollie in the manner that he did.  That's really my point, I expected Dan to play with integrity, but BB is certainly the wrong game for that!
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 08:39:40 AM by cherylm »

Offline Bandit3S

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1179 on: August 26, 2008, 08:42:02 AM »
Hey Thunderstruck! You have a drunk cousin named Ethel, too?? LOL!!! Very good point- things to avoid. I am off to work but also wanted to say a quick thanks to all of our updaters- they are so awesome!!! And a great big THANK YOU to the newbies that helped out last night!! I type fast but can't imagine trying to get it all down.

Offline KitKat

• RFF's Kitty Kat
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #1180 on: August 26, 2008, 08:46:49 AM »
That was Adam from BB9 who used the word retarded and lost his job, he worked with autistic children I do believe. Dan, yes he is a teacher but I truly dont see how he has disrespected the teaching profession even being a Catholic school teacher. Lots of people in the house have done things I am sure they regret as well as Dan. My take on Dan is with all the bashing "judas" traitor blah blah, he held his tongue, I personally would have blown a gasket. He took his frustrations out in game play, smart move IMO. Ollie, we have seen a lot of his character and other things as well  :groan: and I do feel sex on national tv is a little disrespecting to self. Ollie got played and Dan was the player, and that is what the game is all about. Anyway glad you are with us cherylm and love hearing your opinion on the game, so glad you joined us! :jumpy:

Offline Betheroni

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1181 on: August 26, 2008, 09:04:24 AM »
Let us not forget the first 3 days in the house where Ollie said "my word is all I have in this game" with Dan and Brian and THEN called out  Brian unbeknownst to Dan.  Isn't what Dan did kinda "an eye for an eye"?

Offline Blondie

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Watch out, I will chop you!!!
« Reply #1182 on: August 26, 2008, 09:21:49 AM »
 :waves:

:yess:  Oh how we love everyone's opinions on here. You are all right in different ways. That is what Big Brother is all about  lies and deceit and fighting. As far as why Dan did not tell Ollie, it was great feeds wasn't it, just waiting to see his face and watch him blow up? That is why we all get the feeds, to see the outcome of the lies and deceit.  :funny:  :wohoo: Without it, we would be pretty bored.  :BBored

A big shout out to all of our new members, lurkers,   :bigwelcome and our GREAT UPDATERS.  :ty

Please remember it is just a tv show, just a game.   blahblah

RFF motto: Bash the houseguest not the poster!   :ghug:

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth...AMEN..!!

Offline deltabwa

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1183 on: August 26, 2008, 09:23:21 AM »
Why couldn't he have told Ollie before the POV that he wouldn't honor his deal?  That's all I'm saying and not one person has responded to that. 

I dunno, I guess I don't see why he WOULD tell him before the ceremony.  That kinda defeats the "backdoor" action doesn't it?  They are on opposite alliances, why would he tell them? 

Add to that, the fact he has been saying alot about "good tv", telling them ahead of time would take that away.

And the only person that I recall going on and on in the beginning about how "good" he was, no drinking, smoking, etc, was Ollie.  Being a Catholic, and a Catholic with an uncle that is a priest, being around priests and catholic school teachers my entire life, even working in the church, I can say, I haven't see Dan doing anything that would warrant him getting fired.  The biggest thing to remember..  it's a game!!  Yes, I completely understand Adam getting fired.  I agree with that.  But Dan has done nothing of the sort. 

At least from what I see.  But I do agree, if we all saw the world the same, it would sure be a boring world  ;)

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #1184 on: August 26, 2008, 09:31:56 AM »
Hi ya Blondie!!  :waves:

I was just thinking, Ollie went out on that big old proverbial tree limb and Dan sawed it off right out from under him.   :lol:

I went through 12 years of Catholic schools, Dan is mild compared to some of the nuns...... All I'm sayin... :rules:
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline chinese takeout

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1185 on: August 26, 2008, 09:38:24 AM »
 :mornin:  Don't know if this made the ongoing live feed or not.  On BBAD last night Michelle and Jerry were having a bash fest and Dan was their target for the moment.  Michelle was going on about Dan being a teacher/not being teacher and suggesting that the school he teaches for (she said St. Mary's) should be called and told about his antics.  Michelle was doing the hand motions of dialing/listening on a phone.  BBAD cut AWAY quickly.

No MSG!

Offline cherylm

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1186 on: August 26, 2008, 09:40:24 AM »
Thanks KitKat, I think was the lone Dick Donato fan too.  I'm starting to see a pattern here.  I like the loud, outspoken, opinionated players way more that the sneaky ones.  I actually think Renny has played the best game.  That first week when she realized that the "opinionated" Renny wouldn't last long in the game, she started to lay low and she sees everyone for what they are.  However, she forgot about going with her gut and started trusting the wrong people I suspect.  As far as the sexual escapades, only the live feeders know about that.  They may have alluded to it on national tv, but they haven't shown (or heard) what we have.  Thank goodness!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #1187 on: August 26, 2008, 09:57:25 AM »
Cheryl, I liked Dick. For me, he was fun to update. (For ONCE someone I liked won, I have a bad track record.) LOL He was vile, his language was horrid, he yelled, cursed and smoked like a chimney, but he really did not lie. He also used psychology to rattle people at key moments. A one of a kind player like Will.

Whether Dan is that kind of player we have yet to see, might be, might not be.

(Adam was a fluke and he belongs with that hideous season that will not be mentioned!)  :jam:

Offline Blondie

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Watch out, I will chop you!!!
« Reply #1188 on: August 26, 2008, 10:16:47 AM »
 :waves:  Hey TL

Hi ya Blondie!!  :waves:

I was just thinking, Ollie went out on that big old proverbial tree limb and Dan sawed it off right out from under him.   :lol:

I went through 12 years of Catholic schools, Dan is mild compared to some of the nuns...... All I'm sayin... :rules:

:funny: :funny:  you are sooooo right TL,  and I also know of some hard core nuns!
Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth...AMEN..!!

Offline cherylm

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1189 on: August 26, 2008, 10:17:35 AM »
Texas, the season that will not be mentioned?  LOL, made me think of He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named!  We just need Harry Potter to clear the house of all that is evil!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #1190 on: August 26, 2008, 10:26:40 AM »
I still have nightmares of nuns and their rulers.. OUCHIE!!

Cheryl:  the BB house might be a challenge even for Harry.  :funny:

Offline chinese takeout

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1191 on: August 26, 2008, 10:31:25 AM »
Me again...is the BB show tonight being moved out of the 7pm slot in your areas by the DNC Convention?  It is here on the left coast.  It is airing @ 9pm PST.
No MSG!

Offline lilduke

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1192 on: August 26, 2008, 10:53:16 AM »
Hello all of my loves!  :hearts:I have missed you guys but I've been lurking all season. I read the nights events every morning while I drink my coffee. I wish I could have helped update but I no longer have a tv by my computer (new house!! finally our own and not a rental!!!) I have an evil ploy to get a tv in there soon though. Maaaaaybe today now that ithink about it. I know you guys need all the help you can get dealing with the big ole titty babies mjo. But I  just wanted to stop lurking and say hi!

Oh and I am so planning my next pregnancy around bb. Preggo insomnia sure made it easy to stay awake and update.

Offline Artzy13

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1193 on: August 26, 2008, 11:01:42 AM »
Morning Y'All :waves: A couple of things - 1st: Marketing Rep = Telemarketer. 2nd: Honor + BB = Oxymoron
Do Y'All remember Keesha saying she couldn't tell anyone how she got on the show? Well I just saw pix of her boyfriend JJ and Zach from BB8. They are selling Keesha's Hooter's clothing and calendars, and are holding the stuff in the photos for authentication. I don't blame her for not wanting to admit being friends with Zach. What a surprise the rest of the HGs are going to get on finale nite. This season just gets more and more convoluted. I would "almost" like to see Ollie or Jerry win the next HOH to see them spend a week locked up there together. That would be worth the price of admission.

Offline Artzy13

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1194 on: August 26, 2008, 11:06:01 AM »
Me again...is the BB show tonight being moved out of the 7pm slot in your areas by the DNC Convention?  It is here on the left coast.  It is airing @ 9pm PST.

Nope. I just checked and BB is on at 9pm in Rhode Island, and the convention starts at 10pm. I think we are covered by the time difference.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #1195 on: August 26, 2008, 11:09:58 AM »
Hello all of my loves!  :hearts:I have missed you guys but I've been lurking all season. I read the nights events every morning while I drink my coffee. I wish I could have helped update but I no longer have a tv by my computer (new house!! finally our own and not a rental!!!)

Hey Lilduke!!! We've missed you too!!! :-*  Congratulations on the new house!! Work on that evil ploy will ya?  ;)

Offline Artzy13

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1196 on: August 26, 2008, 11:21:24 AM »
Hey guys - I was bored with no action in the house so I went cruising around and CBS.com has a 4:08 minute "behind the scenes" video with Allison Grodner and Danielle from BB3/7. It's very cool and it was filmed while they were preparing the onion veto. If you have 4 minutes to kill and you want to see how the show is made check it out!

RFF link to the video:
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,16754.msg332119.html#msg332119
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 05:57:27 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #1197 on: August 26, 2008, 11:21:27 AM »
The order of the popularity ratings hasn't really changed at all...Dan is still at the top

Dan
Keesha
Memphis
Renny
Angie
Steven
Brian
Libra
Michelle
Jessie
Jerry
Ollie
April
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 12:03:32 PM by RealityFreakWill »

Offline Riosmommy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1198 on: August 26, 2008, 11:22:33 AM »
Wow Keesha friends of Zack.. What a concept.  
What is with the years group of people and even last years  a few of them think that they deserve the respect to be told if they will be voted out or put up on the block.  Its a game.., and when you play poker you dont show your hand until you have to.  
Michelle wanted to know so she could talk and say goobye to Jesse, Hey always plan to leave then you can be happily suprised when you dont.  
BB motto exspect the unexpected ..  
I mean people talk in the game like they should be politely talked to about this.  Its for a half a million dollars and life changing for everyone.  
I also think dans game play if anything - he can use to educate his classes on how he handled things and maybe how he could have done diffrent or maybe what he did was not so bad,  No one can play this or survivor and win and not lie or manipulate things.  

Offline KitKat

• RFF's Kitty Kat
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #1199 on: August 26, 2008, 11:25:36 AM »
Hey artzy13 I know that same video you are talking about was posted on the forum by puddin  :yess: we dont even have to leave RFF to look at it! Maybe someone more savvy than me can post a link or tell artzy where to find it  :waves:

Ok I found it when I clicked on the BB 10 link and scrooled down to behind the scenes thread...actually a pretty cool video I really had no idea how many people it takes to do this show :-[
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 11:31:09 AM by hdkitkat »