Author Topic: Lances Survivor Pick em.  (Read 9365 times)

Theresa

Lances Survivor Pick em.
« on: April 07, 2004, 10:38:42 AM »
i can not get to this site today, is anyone else having trouble?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2004, 12:55:13 PM by Puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Lancers Survivor Pick em.
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2004, 01:50:58 PM »

CindiLou

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2004, 09:09:38 PM »
It is not working for me, Puddin. This is what I get:

This Account Has Been Suspended
Please contact the billing/support department as soon as possible.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2004, 09:27:57 PM »
Uh Oh?? It looks like someone forgot to pay their bill??  :( What do you think Rob?? It worked for me earlier..I even made my picks.. :( It was the only game that I was in first place :'( Wahhhhhhhhhhh

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2004, 09:29:30 PM »
I don't know, I don't play this game! Maybe email the webmaster and tell him/her what is going on. Tell them what message you are getting, and maybe they can clear it up for you!

Rob

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2004, 09:46:51 PM »
Oh..Thanks Rob I'll take your advice.......................puddin

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2004, 10:03:47 PM »
Message at Lances...
!!! URGENT !!! We have experienced a mail/server problem on the web server and I have therefore had to temporarily disable e-mail reminder notices and message board posts. I am sorry for the inconvenience. Please check your individual team message boards for new posts and remember to put your picks in by the deadline tomorrow! Thanks!
The merge appears to be on! While the merge usually happens prior to the reward challenge, it may in fact not happen until after it. Therefore I am keeping both sets of bonus questions active (tribal and individual). Whichever is appropriate will be used.
Reminder: Pool B deadline is approaching! You have until next Thursday (the 15th) to get your picks in for Pool B. Remember, the object is to pick the order in which the final 8 Survivors will be voted out. Good luck!

Theresa

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2004, 12:19:35 AM »
What is pool B?

Theresa

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2004, 12:28:50 AM »
This is what i get: Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mcrypt_module_open() in /home/survesxz/public_html/survivor_funcs.php on line 998  .  hurry and write him for me puddin, if i cant get on i cant change my picks and i want to pick Kathy.  Maybe you can get on for me and do it since you can get on?  Do you still have my info? 

theresa

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2004, 01:04:37 AM »
IM me T..I'm at the site now..i need your password and info..

Theresa

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2004, 01:23:29 AM »
thanks puddin

Theresa

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2004, 01:33:31 AM »
Cindi i may have it figured out:  try going to tools at the top of the screen, hit internet options and delete cookies, delete files, and clear history.  After Puddin so kindly changed my picks for me   i did that and now i can get on Lancers site.  Try it and see if it works for you, but make sure you know your name and password first.

theresa 

Offline lpickup

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • Can't Survive without Survivor
    • Lance's Survivor Pick'Em
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2004, 10:36:35 AM »
Hello, Lance here...I was pointed here by someone on the Tribal Council Message Board.  Thank you!

Yes, it's been an interesting 24 hours!  Yesterday morning at about 10:00am I noticed some sluggishness to the site and the site stats did not look good.  I had a user having problems resetting her password and when I tested this function it took about 5 minutes for the new password to arrive via e-mail (should have been nearly instantaneous).  So I figured something was up and was going to submit a ticket to the webhost admins.

Well, at about 10:50am they called me!  Said they were seeing a lot of e-mail activity and it was bogging down their server.  They traced this back to my site since it was the only one doing any amount of mailing.

We tried for a few hours to isolate the problem and turned off most of the e-mail functions on my site and they rebooted the server, but the problem didn't go away.  After exhausting all options, they had to bring down the site and rebuild the server.  Unfortunately the message they put up in place was not very informative--sorry!  The bill has definitely been paid and the site is not going away.  I wish they would have said "temporarily unavailable!"

Anyway, they got the site up at about 10:00pm last night after being down since 3:00pm.  Unfortunately the new server they built had a few things missing from it including the mechanism I use for auto-logon.   For those that got the "mcrypt" error, this was what was going on.  On my PC at home last night I was able to bypass this error, but I found out at work today that it's not always possible to do that, so I completely disabled this function.  Sorry for those that had to delete your cookies.  This should no longer be necessary.

Additionally, they have completely disabled ALL mail activity on the server, so for the time being there is no mail being sent from the server.  This includes message board posts, reminder notices, as well as some of the mailings for password resets and such.

I will be working with the webhost providers on a plan that brings these functions back online, but understandably they will want to proceed cautiously to avoid a repeat of the fiasco of yesterday/this morning.

Thanks everyone for your patience, and please, just in case, get your votes in early and keep checking back on the "news" section of the site for important updates!

...Lance
...Lance

Offline Mamaschatzi

• Mama , Robs First Angel
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Redheads Rule!
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2004, 10:41:03 AM »
Thanks for posting that info Lance.  I was able to make my picks this morning. ;)
We may rise and fall, but in the end
We meet our fate together.....Creed

Theresa

« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2004, 10:59:09 AM »
Thanks for posting that Lancer, we appreciate it.  Thanks for your site also, i missed yahoo pick em and that is as close as it gets.  Welcome to the site.

theresa

Offline lpickup

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2004, 11:28:12 AM »
Thanks for the warm welcome!  I'm glad you like the site.  It has been an adventure since I started the site for Survivor 6 (in a big scramble) to replace the Yahoo site.  At the time it was just for my old team that used to play on Yahoo, but for Pearl Islands, the URL got out onto a search engine and before I knew it I had a few hundred people sign up for it!

So I actively tried to promote it for All-Stars and voila, now I have over 1200 people actively playing including a very decent contingent from RFF, so I thank you very much--not that I get any money from it or anything, but it's really great knowing that the work I put into it is enjoyable for so many people.

...Lance
...Lance

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2004, 11:40:23 AM »
 :D :D Thanks for posting Lance !! We love your game... I hope that you stick around and post with us. :D

Insert QuoteUh Oh?? It looks like someone forgot to pay their bill??
Sorry  about that Lance..I was kidding :-[

p.s. I'm tied for first place on your Cheaterboard!! ;D

puddin

Theresa

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2004, 11:45:29 AM »
Yeah yeah keep bragging puddin. 

We do love your game Lance.  We have it posted here as one of the games to play.  This is the first season i have seen it and i was soooo happy when someone posted it here.  Your doing a great job with it. 

Offline lpickup

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2004, 12:34:17 PM »

Insert QuoteUh Oh?? It looks like someone forgot to pay their bill??
Sorry  about that Lance..I was kidding :-[

No worries...I know you were only kidding, although I had the same thought when I saw the error message!  "Please contact billing department" sure makes it sound that way!

I wish I could say I was doing well at the game--I'm in the 55th percentile...I guess that's barely better than average.  Of course my excuse is that I'm usually too busy testing the site and making changes due to twists to watch the show closely, but actually for the past few weeks it's been pretty smooth, but other things have distracted me:

My sister's wedding was last weekend and my aunt had a dinner on Thursday night for her.  Fortunately there were many other Survivor fans in my family and dinner wasn't actually served until about 8:45 (Eastern), so it was not a big deal for us to watch the episode live.  However, I couldn't hear a thing with all the partyin' goin' on (had the closed captions on).  Plus my aunt didn't have any good beer, so I was drinking scotch which really hit me hard.  It's amazing I got the results in accurately at all!   :o

On the prior episode, I had just gotten back from a business trip in California on Wednesday night (the show was on Wed that week)--thank goodness the plane wasn't any later than it actually was.  And we were in the process of moving out of our house (movers were coming Thursday morning to load up the truck).  So I literally watched Survivor, entered the results and then proceeded to pack up the satellite receiver, TV, and computer!  Thankfully I didn't have to stay up all night making changes to the site!

Well, enough behind the scenes stuff--I hope it's interesting to you.  Lot's of cool stories to tell.

...Lance
...Lance

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2004, 12:51:49 PM »

I enjoyed reading your cool stories ;) O0 Please stay with us ?? Lance?

(edited because I was rambling.. :P)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2004, 01:04:41 PM by Puddin »

Offline lpickup

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: Lances Survivor Pick em.
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2004, 01:05:49 PM »
All I can say is thank God for TiVo (actually I don't have TiVo, but I have the Dish Network equivalent of it).  In the old VCR days if I didn't get home until 8:30, and I wanted to tape CSI and Without a Trace, I would have to not watch the last half of Survivor, watch CSI and Without a Trace (I couldn't tape it while I'm watching a tape!), and then finally at 11:00 rewind the tape and watch Survivor.  Now if I'm home at 8:30, I can start watching Survivor from the beginning and I'll probably be done watching by 9:15!  Awesome!   :D  Not to mention that if I miss what Big Tom says I can rewind and see if it makes any sense the second time around (it rarely does)   ???

...Lance
...Lance

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2004, 01:13:27 PM »
LOL Big Tom is really hard to understand.. Lance...I 've been thinking about getting TIVO.. Do you recommend it??

OT:Do you read Spoilers?? Snewser from SNN just made his boot pick for tonight  ;)
www.survivornews.net/snn.php?sid=spoilers

Offline lpickup

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2004, 01:33:23 PM »
Yes, TiVo is great!  It will revolutionize the way you watch TV!  It is a bit pricey.  I was lucky enough to get a model on a discount that has no monthly fee.

No, I don't read the spoilers and I take great pains to not expose myself to votes on my site ahead of time lest I get any inside information!  Sounds like a real interesting world though!  Kind of like stock analysts!

...Lance
...Lance

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2004, 01:45:39 PM »
Thanks for the advice..I guess my next purchase will be TIVO  :)
No, I don't read the spoilers and I take great pains to not expose myself to votes on my site ahead of time lest I get any inside information!  Sounds like a real interesting world though!  Kind of like stock analysts
LOL..
I really like how fast you posts the Points on your site.. :D
I'll be up untill 2 am tonight..waiting for the other sites to post theirs :P

Ok..Lance I'm nosy..Where are you from?? If you don't mind me asking?

Offline lpickup

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2004, 02:34:50 PM »
I am in northwestern Vermont, home of Kathy Vavrick O'Brien (I have plenty of stories about that!).  Originally from Western New York (Buffalo).

...Lance
...Lance