Author Topic: TARA 3 Geoff & Tisha (Philippines)  (Read 17959 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
TARA 3 Geoff & Tisha (Philippines)
« on: August 05, 2008, 12:16:12 AM »

You can call this her second chance. A technicality led to her resignation as Miss Philippines Universe 10 years ago and Tisha Silang is making sure that history does not repeat itself.

In 1998, Tisha won the Miss Philippines Universe crown but had to give it up because of her Canadian citizenship. While that win has remained the proudest moment of her life, she's hoping that taking part in The Amazing Race Asia will trump that.

Joining her is her boyfriend of three and a half years, Geoff, and by all accounts, participating, much less winning the race will be an uphill battle says the couple. For one thing, their relationship is the classic definition of opposites attract.

"Nobody would have thought that we would end up dating. We have very different personalities but have managed to make it work so far," notes Tisha.

Quips Geoff on the first time they were introduced by a mutual friend," I was interested in Tisha for obvious reasons. And Tisha wasn't interested, for obvious reasons."

This is also the second time that the couple has auditioned for the show and the couple almost missed the deadline too. "We were in such a rush to submit the video I can't say we did anything really spectacular," Tisha admits.

The last and most important reason against them has to do with their horrible track record when it comes to traveling. While on vacation in Boracay, the couple missed not once, two but three consecutive flights back home to Manila. And by that time, they were broke as well. Tisha says with a laugh, "And now we want to race together...should be interesting." Fingers are crossed but hopefully, the two won't be making the same mistake again, especially on the show.

"Missing a flight, I think that is the most embarrassing thing you can do while traveling," admits Geoff. But rather than to lay blame, the couple made the best of their situation. "Tisha was shooting for FHM and we were supposed to be there only for the weekend. By then we had spent all out money in re-booking and extension fees. But time flies when you're in love and having a ball."

And the other reason for wanting to be in the race is of course, to counter the loss of Team Philippines from the previous season, jokes Geoff. Marc and Rovilson came in third in the last show. He says, "We have huge shoes to fill after the stint that Marc and Rovilson pulled off."

Nonetheless, the couple is certain that they will bring to the race the love and respect that has been the foundation of their relationship. Geoff says, "Tisha and I have had a sound relationship, from the time we have met. And now we are testing our relationship, by entering the race."

http://amazing-race-asia.axn-asia.com/season3/teams/geoff-tisha/index.html
« Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 06:08:29 PM by puddin »

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TARA 3 Geoff & Tisha (Philippines)
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2008, 12:30:20 AM »
He says, "We have huge shoes to fill after the stint that Marc and Rovilson pulled off."
What? You're going to mug for the camera? You're going to fake being lost at the mat? You're going to wear fake mustaches? I'm not liking this team and I haven't seen a minute of them as of yet.  (:;) (:;) (:;) :pull :pull
Just here to visit.

Offline JonLover

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2008, 07:19:08 AM »
Go here to read the latest article on them

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,16313.0.html

Offline JonLover

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2008, 07:20:33 AM »
He says, "We have huge shoes to fill after the stint that Marc and Rovilson pulled off."
What? You're going to mug for the camera? You're going to fake being lost at the mat? You're going to wear fake mustaches? I'm not liking this team and I haven't seen a minute of them as of yet.  (:;) (:;) (:;) :pull :pull

Geoff has this for you:

GEOFF: Our battle plan for the race was just not to rush things and (not) look like an idiot on TV.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2008, 09:45:25 PM »
 :hearts:

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2008, 01:56:13 PM »
<a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/kpzch4xc4OXjyXLPww&amp;related=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/kpzch4xc4OXjyXLPww&amp;related=1</a>

http://www.caltex.com/amazingraceasia/taraSeason3_videos.asp?vid=8
from Caltex.

Offline Littlemik

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2008, 01:34:00 AM »
Who else is already annoyed with Geoff?
Oh My God, The Teletubbies Go To War – Oswald

Offline tarafanatic

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I LOvE GeofF and TiShA!!
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2008, 09:35:41 AM »
I hope team philippines will win this season.. im really sad for the last season so i hope this year philippines will make a difference this season!! go geoff and tisha!!!

Geoff and Tish till the end!!!

Offline nokmdk

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2008, 09:24:55 AM »
I can't help but route for this team and other people don't understand why lol. I guess I just like the competitive ones.

Offline tarafanatic

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2008, 07:54:38 PM »
yah me too.. that's y even though i know that there's a 99% that vince and sam will win becoz of the sony ad..

i stil hope (The remaining 1%) that they will win hehe!!!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2008, 09:14:47 PM »
I read Bernie & Henry now have a Sony ad so?

Offline tarafanatic

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2008, 11:00:59 PM »
I read Bernie & Henry now have a Sony ad so?

oh really?! well i think that my 1% will become 49 percent coz.. H&B already lose so G&T have a chance

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2008, 09:44:47 PM »
Race of their life --New Interview!!

By James Gabrillo
Philippine Daily Inquirer

Last updated 19:19:00 11/07/2008

IF you’ve been following the exciting last few episodes of “The Amazing Race Asia 3,” you know that real-life couple Tisha Silang and Geoff Rodriguez have had their share of arriving first in the pit stops.

In this exclusive chitchat with Super, the couple dishes out status quotes on the race that “has changed everything.”

On their relationship

Tisha: I think during the first couple of episodes, we were still trying to get used to racing together.

Geoff: I agree. As the race has gone on, we’ve learned so much more about each other.

T: Now that we’re near the end, we’ve put all the fighting out of the way.

G: Besides, it’s normal for relationships.

T: With dating, sometimes you don’t really get to know anything about the other person. This race has changed everything.

On the competition

T: All the teams are pretty much neck and neck at this point. And we don’t have an alliance with anybody.

G: You know, looking back, we knew we weren’t the most liked—we were likely to be yielded anytime.

On arriving first at the pit stop for the very first time

G: The word to describe that would be refreshing. See, we had a chance to place first in the first episode of the race and we gave it away. Placing first now was more rewarding. We were on a total high.

T: I was just relieved. It was kinda like a validation of—

G: —of our relationship.

T: That if we could just keep the bickering aside, we could do anything.

G: This whole thing was just great for us.

Link: http://showbizandstyle.inquirer.net/you/super/view/20081107-170875/Race-of-their-life
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline tarafanatic

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2008, 02:51:54 AM »
wow peach thats wonderfull thank you for the article!!!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2008, 09:47:48 AM »
Of the F4, anyone but them to win. :tup:

Offline tarafanatic

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2008, 06:29:52 AM »
oh my god i saw henry and bernie's sony advertisemet and that makes me happy haha..

i have now 50% hopes that G&T can win hehe..

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2008, 09:23:36 PM »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2008, 10:11:34 PM »
It's nice to see ARA3 team members getting what appears to be good appearances for good compensation. Geoff and Tisha are after all models.

Offline zippo

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2008, 10:40:53 PM »
I saw them yesterday afternoon walking along Salcedo Village in between the China Bank Building and the Citibank Tower.  They were holding hands and walking towards Paseo De Roxas.

Offline tarafanatic

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2008, 02:50:19 AM »
wow zippo ur so lucky i wish i could see them in person also!! hehehe... congrats geoff and tish for being d 2nd place overall.. that nice but its really better if u won!! but still congratulations hehe..

Offline snap-on

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2008, 10:54:19 AM »
During the night, it seems that Geoff couldn't keep his eyes--and hands--off the big check from AXN for one hundred thousand US Dollars......and even snuck off with it in the end!  :jam:

alivenotdead.com/allanwu
« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 10:58:32 AM by snap-on »

Offline snap-on

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2008, 10:56:41 AM »
I wonder if he tried to cash it too?!   :duno:

alivenotdead.com/allanwu

Offline tarafanatic

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2009, 12:10:49 AM »
woah.. i just realized that geoff was the one who greeted  marc and rovilson in the nokie phone video hehehe..

and he was labeled as sam whahahahaha!!!!  :funny: