Author Topic: Jeff Probst news  (Read 17203 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Jeff Probst news
« on: July 17, 2008, 11:34:53 PM »
Jeff Probst to Kristin Chenoweth: I'm Not Engaged
By Cynthia Wang

After spending a morning in the heat and humidity filming a challenge for Survivor: Gabon, show host Jeff Probst arrived back to production's base camp to find 75 e-mails telling him that he'd just been nominated for an outstanding reality host Emmy Award.

But that wasn’t all he heard.

"The funniest part of the whole announcement to me was hearing that I was getting married!" says Probst, speaking to PEOPLE from Gabon, after Pushing Daisies actress Kristin Chenoweth, who'd announced the nominations Thursday morning, also let slip that four years ago, she and the "cute" Probst had once dated – but now he was set to wed some other woman.

"Considering I’m not even in a serious relationship," said Probst, "that was a big shock to me. Perhaps in addition to being talented and beautiful, Kristin Chenoweth is also psychic!"

Added the TV host: "The first email I got said, 'Congratulations on the nomination AND Kristin Chenoweth!' I thought, 'What does this mean?' And so I wrote back, 'What are you talking about?' "

Back came the clip, "and it was a funny story," says Probst. "It's true! We went on a date several years ago. We met at a charity function, and she's beautiful, talented and funny. I think the only reason we didn't go on a second date was timing. We had different schedules. We were living in different cities."

Of the other e-mails Probst received, "four of them were from Tom Bergeron, Ryan Seacrest, Phil Keoghan and Alison Sweeney," he says. "I made a joke to Ryan, 'Well, now when I stand up to let Phil Keoghan walk past to collect the Emmy for best show, I can let you walk past to collect the Emmy for best host, as well!' And he wrote back and said, 'Fat chance – I'll be out on the red carpet, asking what you're wearing.' "

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20213202,00.html

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
Re: Jeff Probst news
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 01:20:39 AM »
So obviously, Jeffy & Julie Berry, from Survivor Vanuatu broke up.  :'( 
I figured they'd end up married!! They were a really cute couple, imo.

Their beginning:
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,4015.0/all.html

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 10:35:01 PM »

Interview: Jeff Probst – 17 Seasons and Counting
by Scott Juba
Published: August 28, 2008 

After 16 seasons on the air, CBS’ Survivor continues to be one of the most-watched reality shows on TV. Season 17 of this reality mega-hit begins on Thursday, Sept. 25. This time, viewers will see the contestants stranded in Gabon, Africa. Hyped by the show as “Earth’s Last Eden,” Gabon features remote wilderness inhabited by many of earth’s most dangerous animals. “The survivors truly [encountered] wildlife that could kill them,” says host Jeff Probst, who recently returned from filming the upcoming season.

He explains, “The most exciting part of Gabon was also the most dangerous, and that was that the animals were not used to people.”

Survivor previously ventured to Africa to film the show’s third season in Kenya. While Gabon and Kenya may share the same continent, Probst says there is a stark contrast between the animals of the two locations. “Kenya is like a zoo,” he tells me. “Animals are everywhere. They’re used to having safari groups come through and tourists come by. It wasn’t as crazy for them to see a truck full of people.” The animals in Gabon proved less receptive to the arrival of the Survivor cast and crew. “In Gabon, when we landed, the animals were gone,” he recalls. “They scattered to the point that you knew something actually could happen.”

As Probst explains, the crew had to be on constant lookout for encroaching wildlife. “We found leopard prints in our catering tent five nights in a row. It’s scary. If it’s your night off and you’ve had one beer too many and you stumble into catering to try to steal some bread, it could be over.”

For the contestants, their fellow castaways may pose a greater threat than any of the exotic wildlife. Each season, participants form tribes and vote each other out until a sole survivor remains. Probst says this unchanging foundation for the game signifies that the show has “resisted the temptation to make wholesale changes [to] try to become the flavor of the month.”

He says, “Consistency is the key to Survivor’s longevity. We know what our show is and that’s what we deliver every week.”

Another constant element of the show is that contestants must balance truth and deception to forge the bonds necessary to avoiding elimination at tribal council. Although former contestant Amanda Kimmel believes that people in the game “respect brutal honesty whether it's something they want to hear or not,” Probst says deception usually proves the most effective tactic. “It’s a case-by-case basis, but in 99 percent of those cases – if you’re talking about what will help you win the game – hands down deception [is more valuable],” he says. “When people on the show are getting ready to vote somebody out, there will be a debate at camp about whether to blindside the person or to tell the person. It’s always followed by the phrase, ‘Because I’d want to know.’ The truth is, the minute you tell somebody and you clear your conscience by being honest – if they’re any good at all – you just gave them a real kick in the pants to start playing this game.”

Probst says the honesty vs. deception debate boils down to a simple question, “Are you here to win the game or make friends?”

For most players, the desire to win the million-dollar prize trumps any other motivation. Therefore, it’s no surprise to hear Probst’s observation that, “Blindsides are catching on more than ever. People are realizing that the blindside is the greatest way to take somebody out.”

The show’s addition of a hidden immunity idol (which Probst describes as “one of the best inventions we’ve ever come up with”) has also prompted some of the game’s most ingenious strategic moves. In this respect, Probst promises that viewers can expect more of the same from Survivor: Gabon – Earth’s Last Eden. “This season, the idols get played in a way they’ve never been played before,” he reveals. “It astounded me what happened this time. This has never happened. It’s that power of the idol that confuses everybody. Nobody’s quite sure how to handle it. It gets to a point where it’s almost too much power and it does you in. I find that fascinating. This is the one thing that can keep you safe in the game and yet – if you’re not careful – it’s the thing that will get you voted out the fastest.”

While the contestants are busy plotting against one another, Probst and the rest of the creative team spend their time in rehearsal and meetings. He estimates that 70 percent of his work for Survivor happens behind the scenes. “Really, what you’re doing on screen is executing all the ideas you’ve already thought through,” he explains.

When he’s not devoting time to the show, Probst says he takes time to enjoy the location. “We’ve been to some beaches in the world that are so beautiful you wonder why we don’t just pack up and move there,” he says, citing Palau and the Cook Islands as two examples. “You forget how beautiful the earth is. You get stuck in your little city with all its buildings.”

That said, he jokes that the ideal location for Survivor would be his own backyard. “If I could run tribal councils in my backyard and then get in my bed and go to sleep, that would be perfect.”

Perhaps that wouldn’t be such a stretch considering that he keeps the torch snuffer from each season in a tub in his garage. But don’t worry – Probst hasn’t turned his home into a Survivor museum just yet. He says the torch snuffers are the only souvenirs he keeps from the show. He laughs, “It’s not like you walk into my house and hear Survivor music.”

http://www.the-trades.com/article.php?id=10537&print=yes

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2008, 12:29:30 AM »
As much as I love Phil K, I would rather see Jeffie win the Emmy!!  He does such a great job as host...at least equally as good as Phil.  Give 'em both an emmy!

Has Jeff ever won it?

Thanks for the excellent articles, puddin. :hugs:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2008, 02:21:05 AM »
This is the first time that a reality host has been in the Emmy categorie Rudy, I'll bet Jeff Wins :luvx

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2008, 02:53:11 AM »
Oh, really?  Didn't know that.  I bet Jeff wins since he's the FIRST reality tv host ever with 16 seasons behind him + the upcoming one.  He's the most experienced.  He deserves the first Emmy for this category.  :luvx
I don't usually watch the Emmys, but will this time for sure!  :jumpy:

Thanks puddin!  :hugs:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2008, 03:12:12 AM »
Well since Amazing Race will win  best reality show, I suppose they omitted Phil from the Host categorie seeing as they probably did not want Phil to make a clean sweep :luvu:

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2008, 04:50:29 AM »
Hmmm...share and share alike...the Glory! 
By TAR winning best reality show, it's only fair that Survivor win something too, since it's the grand daddy of reality tv!  (in America)  I guess Burnett had a survivor type show in.....? was it England?

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2008, 02:30:22 PM »
An interesting article an interview with Jeff Probst:

The Real Deal: Emmys Hosts Preview TV's Biggest Night

Ryan Seacrest (American Idol), Heidi Klum (Project Runway), Jeff Probst (Survivor), Tom Bergeron (Dancing with the Stars) and Howie Mandel (Deal or No Deal) will be competing in more ways than one at the 60th Primetime Emmy Awards Sunday (8 pm/ET, ABC). They’re cohosting the show, and they’re also the five nominees in the new category of Outstanding Host for a Reality or Reality-Competition Program. Here, they go head-to-head for Best Answers to Emmy-Related Questions.

TV Guide: What makes you most qualified to be an Emmy host?
Ryan: The fact that I’m unqualified.
Heidi: I don’t necessarily see myself as being the most qualified, but I have to say it is an honor to be recognized, especially in the company of so many great hosts. I think, collectively, we make a good team of Emmy hosts, no?
Jeff: Absolutely nothing. I was as shocked as anybody. I think all of us sense there’s a certain bit of skepticism — like, really? I think it’s important to establish early that we’re in on the joke — that we don’t take ourselves too seriously.
Tom: The fact that I said yes when they asked me. Although I’ve heard rumors that they’re now thinking of Michael Phelps.
Howie: Probably my singing and dancing skills. And no, I will not be utilizing them. I promise not to utilize them, and that’s what most qualifies me.

TV Guide: If you won an Emmy, whom would you thank?
Ryan: Simon.
Heidi: I would be so excited. But the show is obviously a real team effort, so I would be speaking on behalf of our whole Runway family.
Jeff: My speech begins with my kindergarten teacher and concludes with the universe, which is my god —and I don’t care if the band starts playing. I’ll keep talking because I’m a host. And if I lose, I will tackle Seacrest, and I will take that Emmy one way or another.
Tom: I think I’d go the purely egotistical route and just get there and say, “None of you slobs had anything to do with this.”
Howie: Ikea, for the shelving. No, I would have to thank everybody at Deal or No Deal because they created this possibility of a win — which is not going to happen, by the way, so I don’t have to think about this.

TV Guide: What would you change about the Emmys if you could?
Ryan: They are on so late. I go to bed at 8.
Heidi: I don’t know. I’m pretty excited this year. It’s me and four guys in charge. For sure, I’m not complaining!
Jeff: Well, I’m working on it this year, so I guess I have to be careful, but I would like it to be less scripted. And a little riskier.
Tom: I’d make it pay-per-view. Then we could say anything we wanted to. You’d have people getting on stage to tell other people to f--- off.
Howie: I would emphasize the gifting booth more than the actual awards ceremony. [Gifting] goes on in various hotels throughout the city. They say, “Show up at the Howard Johnson, Room 6, and we have some velour shorts for you.” It’s good to be in this business.

TV Guide: What would be your Emmy dream moment?
Ryan: One where I look taller than Jeff Probst on stage.
Heidi: I think you know the answer to this — winning an Emmy for Project Runway!
Jeff: Mary-Louise Parker comes over and says, “Hey, you’re kinda cute. What’s your story?”
Tom: That I win, of course, but No. 2 would be that Heidi Klum wins and decides to take me home. And my wife understands.
Howie: I would think just hand-feeding Dame Judi Dench chocolate-dipped strawberries at the Governors Ball after the ceremony. But then, that has to be everybody’s dream.

TV Guide: How is the Emmy show like Dancing with the Stars?
Tom: It’s like Dancing with the Stars in that there’s judging going on, and a lot of it involves muttering under people’s breaths.

TV Guide: What is the biggest Emmy snub, in your opinion?
Heidi: I’d love to see my good friend Jay [Leno] win an Emmy sometime. He’s one of the hardest-working guys in the business.

TV Guide: What is your favorite Emmy-nominated show and why?
Howie: It would have to be St. Elsewhere, and the why is because it was my first serious job in television and not only did it thrill me, but it thrilled my mortgage holder.

TV Guide: How are the Emmys like Survivor?
Jeff: The Emmys are a reality elimination show. You start with 100 people in a category, whittle it down to five and then, on live national TV, four of them have to figure out how in the f--- to put on a smile.

TV Guide: What is your favorite past Emmy moment?
Ryan: When they announced our new category.

Link: http://www.tvguide.com/news/emmys-reality-hosts/080916-01

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2008, 01:00:13 AM »
Congrats on the Emmy Jeff :cheer: !

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2008, 01:04:01 AM »
60th Primetime Emmy Awards - Show
LOS ANGELES, CA - SEPTEMBER 21: TV personaliity Jeff Probst on stage at the 60th Primetime Emmy Awards held at the NOKIA Theatre on September 21, 2008 in Los Angeles, California. (Photo by Mathew Imaging/WireImage)

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2008, 01:36:29 AM »

Sunday, September 21, 2008

ABC Television Network

PRESS RELEASE

HOST FOR A REALTY OR REALITY-COMPETITION PROGRAM

JEFF PROBST

JEFF PROBST:  Thanks, Jimmy. 
Thank you very much. 
I will be short because we are long, and part of the reason we're long, I know, is the five hosts up here tonight. 
This has been a great experience for all of us, and we really feel honored to be a part of this family. 
Thank you for letting reality in. 
To Mark Burnett and to Leslie Moonves, thank you, quite honestly, for changing my life. 
Sean Perry, thanks for keeping me on track. 
And Jimmy Kimmel, you tried.
You told us the "nothing" bit may not work, but we stuck to our guns. 
And finally, to the "Survivor" family that I work with year in, year out, all over the world. 
We are a traveling band of gypsies. 
Thank you for making me look good enough to warrant one of these. 
I share it with you. 
I don't know how we'll divvy it up, but I'm sure the guys in the art department will figure it out. 
Thanks for having us tonight. 
Good night.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2008, 01:39:42 AM »

Emmy's Reality-Host Experiment Rankles

The five nominees for best reality hosts kicked off the Primetime Emmys with thanks for being welcomed into the Emmy family. I’m not sure the feeling was mutual.

From where I sat, which was neither in the audience nor in front of the TV, the experiment with having all five as hosts fell pretty flat.

But as the nominees came back to the press room, there was an undeniable air of resentment, beginning with Jeremy Piven expressing confusion at the opening bit and peaking—so far—with Kirk Ellis, whose acceptance speech for winning as the writer of John Adams was cut short by the music.

Asked what it was he was trying to say—about the importance of free speech, I believe—he vented at the scourge of reality TV.

“I find it very interesting that we can have 30 minutes of the show devoted to reality hosts,” Ellis said. “But we don’t have enough time for the people who actually create the shows.”

When the winning reality host, Jeff Probst, made it back, he was asked if he caught the bad vibes.

“We knew all along it was going to be tough,” Probst said. “We’ve never done this before except for Ryan.” He thanked Jimmy Kimmel for the advice and guidance he offered, including late-night e-mails. But he said it was difficult coordinating bits among five hosts: “That’s why we came up with nothing.”

Link: http://www.broadcastingcable.com/blog/1380000138/post/70033607.html

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2008, 01:42:44 AM »
Another article on Jeff Probst:

TV Review: Emmycast tries to get real, and flops

Are the TV writers still on strike?

There have been boring, listless and otherwise ham-handed Emmy broadcasts among the past 59. Sunday's Emmycast was all of those things. But "The 60th Primetime Emmys" also seemed an inadvertent homage to the 100 days of the Hollywood writers strike last season, when the shows that were able to continue demonstrated what TV without writers is like.

ABC's Emmycast seemed to recapture that dreary world, despite the strike having been settled seven months ago, and the credits for the Emmycast listing writers and script supervisors.

The writing was on the wall (sorry) at the top of the show, when its five co-emcees — Heidi Klum ("Project Runway"), Tom Bergeron ("Dancing With the Stars"), Howie Mandel ("Deal or No Deal"), Jeff Probst ("Survivor") and Ryan Seacrest ("American Idol") — arrived on stage, all dressed in tuxedoes.

They, of course, were also the five nominees in the brand-new reality host category. Each is skilled, charming and/or gorgeous doing whatever series got each of them nominated. But on the Emmy broadcast they shared no chemistry, and seemed at a loss for anything clever to say from the outset.

After their initial strained banter, Probst confessed to the audience, "We have absolutely nothing for you. This is not a joke."

"This is not a bit," Mandel chimed in. "This is reality, and who better to offer that to you?"

Seacrest broke it to viewers that "there is absolutely nothing" on the TelePrompTers.

"We are like on Sarah Palin's bridge to nowhere," Mandel said.

A few more tedious moments and William Shatner burst from his seat in the Nokia Theatre, strode on stage, and gave a tug to Klum's tux, which ripped away to reveal a scanty black sequined number.

Well, at least someone presumably wrote that gag, however lame.

The remainder of the three-hour broadcast was occasionally jolted back to life by the appearance of people who knew to BYOM (bring your own material).

An early presenter, Ricky Gervais, displayed how he's one of the drollest performers on the planet as he recalled his absence last year, when he won a comedy Emmy for his series "Extras."

"I couldn't come last year. Which is a shame. But I STILL won. Do you remember?"

Another presenter, Steve Martin, introduced himself by saying "I'm Steve Martin and I'll be out here in just a minute" — a 40-year-old quip from his standup days that was still fresher than most of the broadcast's material.

Politics, and the presidential race, was in evidence in the exchange between Jon Stewart and his co-presenter, Stephen Colbert. While Stewart tried to list the best miniseries nominees, Colbert began munching from a bagful of prunes.

It was necessary, said Colbert, slipping into character as right-wing buffoon, then added, "Right now, America needs a prune ... This dried-up old fruit has the experience we need."

Stewart looked doubtful. "You know, after eight years of prunes, you would think _"

"Never enough!" Colbert snapped, then ate another. "What could possibly go wrong?"

While the Emmycast seemed to want to validate reality shows, it also crammed in a few pleasant, but extraneous, tributes to favorite scripted entertainment. These clips, a few reproductions of familiar sets from such shows (the WJM newsroom from "The Mary Tyler Moore Show," Monk's Diner from "Seinfeld") seemed little more than filler.

Not nearly soon enough, the program was nearing its conclusion. Jimmy Kimmel handled the chore of presenting the best reality host Emmy.

With his customary wryness, Kimmel offered all five nominees a bit of backhanded praise for their shared Emmycast performance.

"Haven't they been sufficient, everybody?" he said.

He was being too kind.

Link: http://www.newsvine.com/_news/2008/09/22/1894826-tv-review-emmycast-tries-to-get-real-and-flops

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2008, 01:57:52 AM »
More on Jeff Probst .... Red Carpet:

LIVE at the 2008 Emmys!

Lisa Rinna and Joey Fatone interview Emmy nominated reality hosts Heidi Klum, Tom Bergeron, Howie Mandel and Jeff Probst on TV's hottest night.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2008, 02:04:54 AM »

More on Jeff Probst:

In the 2008 Emmy Awards gift lounge

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2008, 02:16:00 AM »

:lol: lol more on Probst

60th Primetime Emmy's - Jeff Probst

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2008, 03:06:22 AM »
Article from Reuters:

60th Primetime Emmy Awards

Show host Jeff Probst accepts the award for outstanding host for a reality or reality-competition program for 'Survivor'

at the 60th annual Primetime Emmy Awards in Los Angeles September 21, 2008

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2008, 12:45:45 PM »
In other news today, Jeff was seen pushed out of a helicopter by Mark Burnett.  :snicker: :snicker:
Just here to visit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2008, 03:45:01 PM »

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2008, 02:28:08 PM »
Jeff Probst posted a blog on his myspace:

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Blog 6 Survivor Gabon June 20, 2008

JUNE 20, 2008

Just arrived basecamp in West Africa after traveling for 3 days. Left LA with layovers in Paris and then Libreville. Finally arrived Gabon this morning. Most of the crew is still living in tents. Small, individual tents and some people are sharing! It's like the old days! Our housing units, which are small modular rooms were delayed, they have just begun to arrive.

In typical Survivor fashion, the first housing units that arrived were given to those who had been here the longest. It doesn't matter that they weren't the most senior people, the highest paid or even a head of department. The only thing that mattered was they were most deserving because they had been living in tents the longest. Those who arrived later are still in tents.

Since I am the last one here, I too am taking my tent. There is no room for hierarchy when you are all living together. I am not going to sleep in my modular unit until everybody else is in theirs. Until then, it's tent B1 for me. Fortunately I have friends near me so if I snore too loud, they'll let me know!

The last time I was in a full on tent situation was … Survivor: Africa! When we were in Kenya we all lived in tents and it was actually really fun. We'll see how we all hold up 14 seasons later and how long it will be "fun!"

I arrived at basecamp and we immediately rehearsed the open. It's very cool. This season will have a completely different terrain than ever before. Beautiful rolling hills of green! There are huge valleys, and craters that look as though a U.F.O. has recently landed there.

Weather is not as hot as China and we are all happy about that. I'm hoping it stays this way for 39 days.

Our crew is in amazing spirits considering what they have been through. It has been our toughest location in the history of our show. Everything has been delayed – housing, food, supplies – it's been one disaster after another.. and yet… the show hasn't been affected at all. It's kinda crazy how everyone has come together. Today we literally had 25 people who had the day off (a rare thing out here) volunteer to help build housing units. Our medical team, our camera operators, art department crew – it was like our own version of habitat for humanity! I have to emphasize that a day off is a very big deal and to give that up to help other departments shows you that even after 16 seasons we are still a very tight family.

I also got my first look at tribal council. Jesse Jensen and Dan Munday (our Production Designers) have done it once again. You're going to love it!

My goal is to add blogs throughout the season. Let me know if there are general areas you're interesting in learning about and I'll do my best to share.

Thanks again for all of you who are so loyal to Survivor. It's because of you that we all still have jobs!

Jeff

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2008, 12:50:22 PM »
An interesting article:

Jeff Probst Celebrates Emmy with New Survivor

A week after winning the inaugural Emmy Award for outstanding reality host, Survivor's Jeff Probst is still staring incredulously at the statuette in his living room.

"It didn't hit me 'til the other day," Probst tells PEOPLE. "I came downstairs and I had my tux still slung over the couch and the Emmy still sitting on a coffee table with a piece of paper with my name on it."

Adds Probst, "We won an Emmy a few years ago for the show but this one, as an individual award, it feels good. I am so proud of it. I'm not embarrassed to say I left it out on the coffee table!"

At one of the after-parties on Sunday night, "Kristin Chenoweth and I hung out with Neil Patrick Harris and David Burtka and they were so gracious," Probst says.

Other well-wishers included his fellow nominees. The day after the show, Probst says, "Ryan [Seacrest], Howie [Mandel] and Tom [Bergeron], all three called me and each one said, 'You deserved it.' That meant as much to me. These guys know the kind of work we do and they made it feel Okay."

But now Probst, 46, is relaxing at home in Los Angeles while the current season of Survivor, set in Gabon, Africa, is on the air. "Gabon was actually a very hard season," Probst says. "But things just played out that there was a group of people who were likeable and endearing in an almost naïve way, and there was another group that was take-no-prisoners."

The host adds teasingly: "Will a nice person win or will a mean person win? The season is a slow burn but there is a definite build to the end!”

Link:  http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20229369,00.html

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2008, 02:32:06 AM »
In other news today, Jeff was seen pushed out of a helicopter by Mark Burnett.  :snicker: :snicker:
:lol:  I wonder if Burnett was just joshing around or whaat? 

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2008, 02:43:59 AM »
Aww, I love the way Jeffie writes in his blog.  Good to read about the background stuff and all the work that goes into making the show a huge success.   

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2008, 05:46:16 AM »
An interesting article:

Exclusive: Jeff Probst creates new show for CBS

Survivor’s Jeff Probst has created — and will host — a new reality pilot for CBS, EW.com has learned exclusively. The show, Live Like You’re Dying, will feature a person who has been given a terminal diagnosis with a finite amount of time to live and “take them on the last adventure of their life,” according to Probst. That adventure will include reunions with lost friends or formerly feuding family members, a “legacy moment” that will ensure their name carries on forever, and living out a personal dream. “It could be playing guitar with Eric Clapton or jumping out of a plane into a volcano,” Probst explained to EW.com. “Whatever it is that you’re still desiring to do in your life — we want to make it happen.” (A new subject will be profiled for every episode should the show get picked up and go to series.)

Of course, a program profiling people with terminal diseases runs the risk of being just a tad morbid, but Probst insists the show will be inspirational rather than depressing. “The focus of the show is not death,” says Probst. “The story we’re going tell is about living. This is a show that is intended to inspire everybody to get the most out of their lives every day.”

Joining Probst on the project is his Survivor boss Mark Burnett, who will also be executive producing, and Denise Cramsey of Extreme Makeover: Home Edition and Trading Spaces, who will act as showrunner. Production on the Live Like You’re Dying pilot will begin in January (after filming has wrapped on season 18 of Survivor), and no air date has been set should the show make it to series.

Link: http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2008/10/probst-creates.html?xid=rss-feed-todayslatest-20081020-Jeff+Probst+eyes+new+series