Author Topic: "Dancing with Stars" Season 7  (Read 139297 times)

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: "Dancing with Stars" cast
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2008, 08:22:13 PM »
... one more promo

« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 01:58:48 AM by marigold »

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2008, 04:35:58 PM »
Dancing With The Stars Season 7 Contestant Bio: 

LANCE BASS

PROFESSION: Pop star

PARTNER: Lacey Schwimmer

Lance Bass has sold over 50 million records as a member of the phenomenally successful pop group *NSYNC. He also executive produced and starred in a number of film and television projects. In 2002 he successfully trained to be a cosmonaut at Russia's Star City and was certified by both the Russian Space Program and NASA for a mission aboard a Soyuz capsule. Lance has also released his memoir, Out of Sync, for Simon Spotlight Entertainment. The 2006 U.S. Youth Latin Champ and 2007 World Swing Dance Champ Lacey Schwimmer teams up with Lance to make her series debut.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2008, 04:44:16 PM »

TONI BRAXTON

PROFESSION:  R&B star and Broadway actress

PARTNER:  Alec Mazo

The winner of six Grammy Awards, Toni Braxton is a Billboard chart-topping singer and actress, selling over forty million records worldwide. Her U.S. number-one hit Un-Break My Heart is the second biggest single by a female artist in history. She has also appeared in two Disney Broadway shows: Beauty and the Beast and Aida. Dancing with the Stars marks her return to the spotlight after a six-month health hiatus. She teams up with season one champion, Alec Mazo, who returns for his fourth season.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2008, 04:47:33 PM »

BROOKE BURKE

PROFESSION:  Actress, host, entrepreneur

PARTNER:  Derek Hough

A host, actress, entrepreneur and celebrity mom, Brooke Burke has truly done it all. She has graced numerous magazine covers, has her own top-selling swimsuit calendars, and is regularly ranked in men's magazines as one of the sexiest women in the world. Recognized worldwide as host of the hit travel series Wild On!, Brooke has since hosted several high profile network series, including Rock Star: INXS and Rock Star: Supernova. On the acting front, she has guest-starred on such television series as Las Vegas, Less Than Perfect, Eve, It's All Relative, The Bernie Mac Show, Monk, Rock Me Baby and That's Life. Brooke is a mother of four and recently launched her own babystore BabooshBaby.com, a site where she shares her secrets (and some products she used) to get back in shape after giving birth. Brooke teams with Derek Hough who returns for his third season.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2008, 04:50:21 PM »

ROCCO DISPIRITO

PROFESSION:  Celebrity chef, author and reality TV star

PARTNER:  Karina Smirnoff

The James Beard Award-winning celebrity chef and author Rocco DiSpirito combines his world-class cooking with a passion for empowering home cooks. A graduate of the Culinary Institute of America, Rocco opened the 3-star Union Pacific in New York City in 1997. In 2003 he launched Rocco's for the reality series, The Restaurant. Rocco will next appear on the A&E series, Rocco Gets Real, beginning in October, along with its companion cookbook, Rocco Gets Real: Cook at Home Every Day. He teams with Karina Smirnoff who returns for her fifth season. Karina teamed with R&B singer, Mario, last season.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2008, 04:53:27 PM »

MAURICE GREENE

PROFESSION:  Olympic gold medalist

PARTNER:  Cheryl Burke

The winner of two gold medals, in the 100m sprint and the 4x100m relay at the 2000 Sydney Summer Olympics, track star Maurice Greene was dubbed the "World's Fastest Man" during his career. In addition to being the former world record holder in the 100m sprint, and winning multiple world championships, he also won silver and bronze medals at the 2004 Athens Summer Olympics. He is the current Indoor World Record holder in the 60m at 6.39 seconds. He teams up with two-time champion, Cheryl Burke. Cheryl returns for her sixth season.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2008, 04:56:19 PM »

KIM KARDASHIAN

PROFESSION:  Actress, model and reality television star

PARTNER:  Mark Ballas

Actress, model and reality television star, Kim Kardashian shot to stardom after the first airing of her hit E! reality series, Keeping up with the Kardashians. The series follows the exploits of Kim, her siblings, her mother Kris, and her stepfather, Olympic Gold Medalist Bruce Jenner. Kardashian recently completed her first feature film, Disaster Movie and will also be seen on The N's series Beyond the Break. She teams up with defending champ, Mark Ballas, who returns for his third season.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2008, 04:59:44 PM »

CLORIS LEACHMAN

PROFESSION:  Actress

PARTNER:  Corky Ballas

Actress Cloris Leachman's storied career has been recognized with nine Emmys, a Golden Globe, and an Academy Award. She has the distinction of being the only woman to win eight Primetime Emmy Awards and one Daytime Emmy. Leachman has starred in a wide range of theater, television and motion picture projects, creating such indelible characters as Phyllis in the TV series Phyllis and The Mary Tyler Moore Show, Frau Blucher in Young Frankenstein, Nurse Diesel in High Anxiety, and Ruth Popper in The Last Picture Show (for which she won an Oscar and a BAFTA). In 2008 she has already completed three new films; The Women, American Cowslip and New York I Love You. She is in the process of writing her memoir and is currently touring the U.S. with her one-woman show CLORIS! Cloris teams with World Latin Champion and Mark's father, Corky Ballas, who makes his series debut.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2008, 05:02:52 PM »

CODY LINLEY

PROFESSION:  Actor

PARTNER:  Julianne Hough

Cody Linley will be the youngest contestant ever to compete on Dancing with the Stars. He is best known for his role as Jake Ryan on the wildly popular Disney Channel series Hannah Montana, a role in which he was nominated for a Young Artist Award. He also helped the show garner an Emmy nomination for Outstanding Children's Programming. Cody's film credits include My Dog Skip, HOOT, Miss Congeniality, and Cheaper By the Dozen. He teams with two-time Dancing with the Stars champ, Julianne Hough who returns for her fourth season.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2008, 05:06:08 PM »

SUSAN LUCCI 

PROFESSION:  Actress and entrepreneur

PARTNER:  Tony Dovolani

As the most famous face in daytime television history, Lucci has held audiences spellbound for years as the sexy, sassy, beautiful woman you love to hate, Erica Kane on All My Children. In May 1999, all of America stood and cheered when Susan Lucci won the Emmy Award for Best Actress. While competing on the show, she will continue her work on All My Children, and celebrate her 10,000th episode this November. In addition to her performances on Broadway and in cabarets across the country, Susan is an entrepreneur, having launched successful cosmetic, fashion, and jewelry lines on HSN. She teams with Tony Dovolani who returns for his sixth season.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2008, 05:08:47 PM »

MISTY MAY-TREANOR

PROFESSION:  Olympic gold medalist

PARTNER:  Maksim Chmerkovskiy

Beach Volleyball champion Misty May-Treanor and partner Kerri Walsh captured their second Olympic gold medal at the 2008 Beijing Summer Olympics and became the first team ever to repeat as back-to-back champs. The victory also marked their 108th straight match win. Misty and Kerri were distinguished as AVP Team of the Year for four consecutive years (2003 through 2006). Misty was also named Most Valuable Player in 2005 and 2006, Best Offensive Player in 2004, 2005 and 2006, and Best Defensive Player in 2006. She now joins a new teammate, Maksim Chmerkovskiy, who returns for his fifth season.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2008, 05:12:42 PM »

TED MCGINLEY

PROFESSION:  Actor

PARTNER:  Inna Brayer

Actor Ted McGinley's extensive television credits include Married&with Children, Hope & Faith, Happy Days, recurring roles on the critically-acclaimed series The West Wing, Sports Night, Charlie Lawrence, Dynasty, and The Love Boat. He has also starred in such films as Pearl Harbor, Daybreak, Dick, Major League: Back to the Minors, Wayne's World 2, and the cult hit Revenge of the Nerds. Newcomer Inna Brayer will be paired with Ted. Inna is the current US Amateur 10 Dance Champion.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2008, 05:18:51 PM »

JEFFREY ROSS

PROFESSION:  Comedian

PARTNER:  Edyta Sliwinska

Comedian Jeffrey Ross a.k.a. the "Roastmaster General," has delivered numerous show stopping performances at celebrity roasts honoring the likes of William Shatner, Hugh Hefner, Donald Trump, Pamela Anderson, Bob Saget and Emmitt Smith, inspiring New York Magazine to crown him The Meanest Man in Comedy. As a comic, Jeff has appeared on several late night and morning shows Jimmy Kimmel Live, The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, and The View. Jeff's other TV credits include Weeds and C.S.I. He has also appeared in such films as the Farrelley Brothers' Stuck on You, and the critical sensation, The Aristocrats. Jeff continues to tour regularly. He teams with Edyta Sliwinska, who is the only pro to compete in all seven seasons of Dancing with the Stars.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2008, 05:29:22 PM »

WARREN SAPP

PROFESSION:  Former Defensive Lineman

PARTNER:  Kym Johnson

Recently retired defensive tackle and Superbowl Champion Warren Sapp played for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the Oakland Raiders during his 13 year career. His 96.5 career sacks are the second-highest career total sacks for a defensive tackle in the NFL. Warren was named the NFL Defensive Player of the Year in 1999, played in seven consecutive Pro Bowls and won Super Bowl XXXVII with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in 2003. This Fall, Warren will co-host Showtime's Inside the NFL and will be a studio analyst and game commentator for the NFL Network. He is teamed with Kym Johnson who returns for her fifth season.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2008, 08:00:37 PM »

In case you missed it Dancing With The Stars Host Tom Bergeron a guest on The View today

« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 01:48:24 AM by marigold »

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2008, 12:44:12 AM »
.... a blurb in tv guide

Lance Bass' Take on Same-Sex DWTS Partnerships

Lance Bass may be the first openly gay contestant on Dancing with the Stars, but that doesn't mean he thinks he should be doing the tango with a male partner on the show.

In an interview with E! Online, Bass expressed that having a male partner would "overshadow everything else going on." According to the current DWTS contestant, "It would just be like making fun of something. But if it was another show with all guys dancing and all girls dancing, that's a different story. I think that's sexy."

Lacey Schwimmer, Bass' pro partner, expressed some concern about her partnership. "I just hope it doesn't hurt the gay community in any way because, you know, we definitely can be scrutinized and picked apart," says Schwimmer. "I definitely feel a responsibility of making sure I represent well."

The former 'NSYNC member also revealed his motives behind signing on with DWTS. "The guys [from 'NSYNC] always told me how terrible of a dancer I am, so I kind of just wanted to prove to myself that I could learn something crazy," says Bass. "Also my grandmother and mother love the show, so I wanted to do something for them."

Link: http://community.tvguide.com/blog/TVGuide-Editors-Blog/Things-Dancing-Stars/800064968

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2008, 12:47:13 AM »
.... more about Lance bass an interesting article:

Lance Bass Talks Marriage, Kids and Same-Sex Dancing

wouldn't mind dancing with a man on a reality competition show, but he doesn't think ABC's Dancing With the Stars is the right place for fancy same-sex footwork.

"I think it would be so silly that it would just overshadow everything else going on," Bass tells me. "It would just be like making fun of something. But if it was another show with all guys dancing and all girls dancing, that's a different story. I think that's sexy."

He adds with a laugh, "I should pitch that."

I caught up with Bass just before his practice earlier today at a West Hollywood dance studio with his DWTS partner Lacey Schwimmer.

What else did he have to say? Read on to find out...

Hard to believe, but Bass is the first openly gay dancer—professional or celebrity—to appear on DWTS. "I think it's so important for me to do this," he says. "But my biggest concern is I just hope it doesn't hurt the gay community in any way because, you know, we definitely can be scrutinized and picked apart. I definitely feel a responsibility of making sure I represent well."

But he has other reasons for doing the show. During 'N Sync's reign as one of music's top boy bands, Bass says he was ridiculed by his bandmates for being the group's worst dancer. "The guys always told me how terrible of a dancer I am, so I kind of just wanted to prove to myself that I could learn something crazy," he say. "Also my grandmother and mother love the show, so I wanted to do something for them."

With countless hours now spent rehearsing—DWTS has a three-night premiere starting Sept. 22—the 29-year-old Bass is one tired puppy. His boyfriend Sebastian Leal isn't too happy about it, because "he really wants to learn" the dances, Bass says. "But we haven't had time. When I go home, all I wanna do is just sleep and eat."

Bass did, however, make sure to find the time (and the energy, for that matter) to appear on Saturday night at event producer Tom Whitman's West Hollywood fundraiser for No on 8, a campaign to fight a November ballot that would ban same-sex marriage in California. "I'm definitely not political," Bass explains. "But I know what's right and wrong, and I know that's wrong. So I'm going to speak up about it. It's just common sense."

He imagines he'll marry and have kids some day. "I think everyone dreams of that nice romantic wedding," he says. "And I love kids. I want to adopt and I want to have my own."

Link: http://ca.eonline.com/uberblog/marc_malkin/b29089_lance_bass_talks_marriage_kids_same-sex.html
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 01:17:43 AM by marigold »

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2008, 12:50:47 AM »
an interesting article about Kim Kardashian:

Kim Kardashian Traces Her DWTS Journey

A Chorus Line, move over. Kim Kardashian is providing new insight on what it is to be a dancer.

In a lengthy new entry on her MySpace blog, the Keeping Up with the Kardashians reality-show star tells what it was like to begin preparing for her stint on Dancing with the Stars, which will debut Sept. 22.

In terms of her very first meeting with her professional partner, Mark Ballas, on Aug. 18, “All I could think was, I would be spending weeks and weeks and weeks, hours upon hours with this person, so I hoped we’d just get along to start!”

Compounded her nervousness was the fact that “I’ve never taken a dance class in my life … the second thing I thought of was, could I really do this?”

As for what occurred when she and Ballas met, Kardashian says fans will simply have to tune into this season’s first DWTS episode. “But I can tell you this: I was really happy when I saw it was Mark!”

For their first two competition dances together, “We had to pick two songs that were the right tempo and cadence for the specific dances we’re doing — it has to match and has to work — but we also wanted things that worked for our personalities — plus we wanted things that we thought the crowd would like.”

Having, in an earlier post, complimented her partner’s fashion sense, she now tips her hat to the wardrobe team (”Every sequin, every bead, is painstakingly and lovingly applied and sewn by hand”) — and to Ballas’s ear for picking music.

“But I also love music,” she notes, “so I think our coming together with thoughts and ideas worked really well.”

In terms of actually putting one foot in front of the other, “At first, I just try to imitate what Mark does, but after a while and with his guidance, I know the dance steps myself and not that is gets easy, but it gets less confusing and we can actually dance together and that is really, really exciting. Of course I have my moments where I lose my balance or I lose my place, and some days are better than others.”

By the time “my brain cannot soak in any more … that is usually when we stop.”

But there’s no stopping her now. “Mark and I continue to rehearse every single day, still make each other laugh, and are getting more and more excited to show everyone what we’ve been working so hard for!! Just a few more days!!!”

Link: http://tvwatch.people.com/2008/09/17/kim-kardashian-traces-her-dancing-with-the-stars-journey/

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2008, 01:00:04 AM »

Dancing With The Stars New Promo

The Men of Dancing With The Stars

« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 01:49:36 AM by marigold »

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2008, 07:34:22 AM »

:jumpy: In Touch Weekly has a great article with interviews from the contestants

Click on the link below

Link: http://www.intouchweekly.com/2008/09/secrets_of_dancing_with_the_st_1.php

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #45 on: September 19, 2008, 09:33:39 AM »
Dancing With The Stars: Ted McGinley  :popcorn:

TV Guide Network checks in with actor and soon to be hoofer Ted McGinley

as he puts on his dancing shoes and gets ready for the new season of DANCING WITH THE STARS!

« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 02:29:22 AM by marigold »

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #46 on: September 19, 2008, 09:35:49 AM »
Dancing With The Stars: Maurice Greene, Cheryl Burke

Hollywood 411 tries to keep up with one of the fastest men in the world

as former Olympian Maurice Greene and partner Cheryl Burke get ready for DANCING WITH THE STARS!

« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 02:28:09 AM by marigold »

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #47 on: September 19, 2008, 08:59:53 PM »
An interesting article on Susan Lucci:

Susan Lucci stepping up for stint on Dancing With the Stars

If Susan Lucci thought winning an Emmy was hard, wait till she tackles "Dancing With the Stars," beginning Monday.

"I will have to fly out to L.A. every Saturday for fittings and rehearsals for 'Dancing With the Stars,'" Lucci says of her new schedule. "I'll have the two shows on Monday and Tuesday, and then fly back to New York City on Tuesday night to tape 'All My Children' Wednesday, Thursday and Friday."

"AMC" is not lightening her load, playing Erica front and center in a big story line with ex-husband Adam Chandler.

"Erica will be spending a lot more time with Adam, trying to figure out if he is really going to make a play to take over Fusion," says an "AMC" rep. "She has no intention of allowing Adam to take over Kendall's business, so she vows to spend more time with him. The chemistry they once shared will be even stronger."

The big story for October will be a giant tornado, stranding lots of unlikely people together in the devastation - including Erica, of course.

"Erica will find herself trapped with Adam," says the rep. "This life-or-death situation will either bring them back together or bring out the worst in them."

Not surprisingly, Lucci's castmates are rooting for her in "Dancing" the same way they rooted for Cameron Mathison (Ryan) last year when he competed.

"She's a good dancer. She could go a long way," says Thorsten Kaye, who plays Erica's son-in-law Zach Slater. "And she'll be good for the program. Watch her win this thing."

Even though Lucci has starred on Broadway ("Annie Get Your Gun"), she will have stiff competition from the 12 other contestants, including experienced dancers like Lance Bass ('N Sync) and Toni Braxton.

"I think she can win, but I don't want her to feel that she has to mention me when she gets the award," jokes Kaye. "I have a dance background, so I've been helping her. I'm a team player - a team dancer."

The soap icon will need all the help she can get as she flies back and forth across the country, learning dance routines and lines at the same time.

"It's a very big schedule," acknowledges Lucci, "but I am definitely ready to take it on."

Link: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/2008/09/19/2008-09-19_susan_lucci_stepping_up_for_stint_on_dan.html

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #48 on: September 19, 2008, 09:05:48 PM »

Derek and Brooke rehearsal and a look inside the studio

« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 01:51:44 AM by marigold »

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2008, 12:55:00 AM »
An interesting article on Lance Bass:

Lance Bass on Prepping for DWTS I’m Wearing Heels!

It’s a far cry from his sneaker wearing, hip-hop dancing days with ‘N Sync.

“I’m wearing heels!” Dancing with the Stars contestant Lance Bass told PEOPLE Tuesday at the Lollipop Theatre Networks cocktail party. “It’s not that fun. My feet are swollen sausages every day!”

And the pain doesn’t end there: At 29, Bass is also feeling his age after four weeks of countless hours spent preparing for Monday night’s highly anticipated Dancing with the Stars season 7 premiere (8 p.m. ET on ABC).

“It doesn’t feel the same at all,” Bass said, who is partnered with a new ballroom pro, So You Think You Can Dance alum Lacey Schwimmer. “The first thing you notice is your knees, then your lower back goes out, your arms start hurting–and the feet!”

While Bass is already considered an early favorite, he’s got his eyes focused on his competition. “Maurice Green and even Warren Sapp and Misty May– those athletes can do anything,” he said. But so can he, according to former ‘N Sync member and Dancing alum Joey Fatone. “He said I got it,” recalled Bass. “I was used to the hard work with ‘N Sync.”

And despite being “excited, scared, and nervous,” he’s ready for Monday night’s two-dance premiere: “I have the cha cha and my quick step ready to go!”

Link: http://tvwatch.people.com/2008/09/18/lance-bass-on-prepping-for-dwts-im-wearing-heels/