Author Topic: "Dancing with Stars" Season 7  (Read 139699 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
"Dancing with Stars" Season 7
« on: July 10, 2008, 02:28:19 PM »
 Dancing with the Stars to Tango with Gay Twist?

The celeb-and-pro lineup for Dancing with the Stars' Season 7 won't be officially revealed until mid-August, but already rumors are surfacing about who might prance across the parquet.

The latest buzz has Lance Bass signed on to samba — but here's the possible wrinkle: Sources tell the New York Daily News that producers might pair the openly gay 'N SYNC alum with a male pro. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

An ABC rep has no comment for TVGuide.com on the rumor. — Matt Mitovich

http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-Editors-Blog/Things-Dancing-Stars/Dancing-Stars-News/800042982
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 06:57:57 PM by puddin »

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
Re: Dancing with the Stars to Tango with Gay Twist?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2008, 03:50:09 PM »
Make him partner with Clay Aiken.  Lance Bass can be the "professional".

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2008, 09:01:06 PM »

Clay Aiken ??? I never heard a rumor about Clay Aiken also joining this season

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2008, 10:05:39 PM »
There's no rumor of Clay on DWTS.  I was just thinking how funny the two of them would be paired together as a dancing couple.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2008, 10:27:07 PM »
There's no rumor of Clay on DWTS.  I was just thinking how funny the two of them would be paired together as a dancing couple.
Your so bad, lol

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2008, 10:40:45 PM »

:funny: :funny: :funny: :funny:

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Online Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2008, 11:05:11 PM »
LOL  :funny: :funny: :funny: ;)
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2008, 08:39:17 PM »
Kim Kardashian To Join Ballroom Dancing Show?

Socialite Kim Kardashian has been tapped as the latest celebrity to join the cast of hit U.S. TV show Dancing With The Stars.

The former girlfriend of R&B singer Ray J is reportedly in talks with network executives to appear on the hit talent contest, where she would show off her assets in the hope of winning the crown as America's favorite novice ballroom dancer.

According to the New York Daily News, Kardashian is set to join the cast - rumored to include former 'N Sync star Lance Bass - for the show's upcoming season this autumn (08). 

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2008, 02:41:36 PM »
Holy Dancing with the Stars, rumor, Batman!

Page Six reports that the latest contestant rumored to grace the parquet on the upcoming season of Dancing is Adam West. The star of the 1960s Batman series and current voice on the animated hit Family Guy is pushing 80, but sources say he's "in outstanding shape" and ready to dance.

The official cast lineup won't be made until Aug. 25, but a rep for West said he is "one of the people they are seriously looking at."

Would you like to see the former Caped Crusader bring his Bat-moves to the dance floor? — Adam Bryant

http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-Editors-Blog/Things-Dancing-Stars/Adam-West-Dancing/800045010

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
"Dancing with Stars" cast
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2008, 07:19:36 PM »

Cloris Leachman, 82, joins "Dancing with Stars"
Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:56pm EDT
By Steve Gorman

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Octogenarian actress Cloris Leachman has joined the cast of celebrities who will grace the ballroom floor on the next edition of ABC television hit "Dancing With the Stars," the network said on Monday.

Leachman, 82, an Oscar winner for her 1971 supporting role in "The Last Picture Show" and a record Primetime Emmy champion for her TV work, will become the oldest contestant to compete on America's second-most watched series.

The previous ranking senior on "Dancing with the Stars" was veteran actor George Hamilton, who strutted his stuff at age 66 in season two in early 2006, the Walt Disney Co-owned network said.

Leachman, currently touring in her one-woman show, "Cloris!", recently completed work in three new films. In 2006, she collected the eighth Primetime Emmy of her career, the most by a single actress, to surpass the seven earned by Mary Tyler Moore, on whose show Leachman became a household name in the 1970s for her signature role as the self-absorbed Phyllis.

She also is remembered for her memorably zany turn as the heavy-accented Frau Blucher in Mel Brooks' classic horror spoof "Young Frankenstein."

Joining Leachman this fall on "Dancing" is one of the biggest Emmy bridesmaids of all time, Susan Lucci, who stars as the vixen entrepreneur and self-styled media mogul Erica Kane on the daytime soap opera "All My Children."

Lucci, who will celebrate her 10,000th episode on "All My Children" in November, finally took home a Daytime Emmy as best actress in 1999, after being nominated for a record 18 straight years without winning.

The upcoming seventh installment of "Dancing," featuring 13 celebrities paired with professional dancers in a contest of elimination, premieres on September 22.

Other members of the latest season include former member of the pop vocal group 'N Sync Lance Bass, Grammy-winning R&B star Tony Braxton and two Olympic gold medalists -- beach volleyball champion Misty May-Treanor from the Beijing Games, and track star Maurice Green, who competed at Sydney and Athens.

Another new cast member, actress-model Kim Kardashian, will go on with the show despite having to seek emergency treatment on Sunday night for a cut toe. Her spokeswoman said she would make some adjustments to her dancing shoes and continue with rehearsals.

While Leachman becomes the oldest dancer on the ABC hit, 18-year-old actor Cody Linley from the Disney Channel hit "Hannah Montana" joins the cast as the youngest star to compete, ABC said.

"Dancing with the Stars" averaged 21.7 million viewers for its Monday night performance telecasts last year, ranking as the most watched U.S. show of the fall and No. 2 for the season overall behind only "American Idol."

Reuters/Nielsen

http://www.reuters.com/article/peopleNews/idUSN2517831120080825

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: "Dancing with Stars" cast
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2008, 07:49:10 PM »
Thanks Puddin, I saw that there were only 13 but then the list that I saw had 14. I came on here to see if Misty May was still one of them (she wasn't in the original list I saw). Im a big fan of hers so im excited.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2008, 11:51:36 PM »
I know someone who runs an MB that is close with the show and has already seen some of the rehearsals. She told me Cloris' rumba was brutal.
Just here to visit.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2008, 08:12:41 PM »
Here is the list of 13 cast members:  'NSync's Lance Bass, singer Toni Braxton, Rock Star INXS host Brooke Burke, reality show failure Rocco DiSprito, Olympian Maurice Greene, reality show star Kim Kardashian, actor Cloris Leachman, Hannah Montana's Cody Linley, soap star Susan Lucci, actor Ted McGinley, Olympian Misty May-Treanor, comedian Jeff Ross, and NFL star Warren Sapp.

I will be rooting for Brooke Burke. She was the host on a stupid reality game show about 2 years ago, but she rose above her material and of course is easy on the eyes.

EDITOR"S NOTE - I made a mistake due to my ignorance of rock bands. It is Rock Star INXS host Brooke Burke, not a person named INXS and one named Brooke Burke separately.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 04:55:20 PM by apskip »

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2008, 12:26:39 AM »
I will be rooting for Brooke Burke. She was the host on a stupid reality game show about 2 years ago, but she rose above her material and of course is easy on the eyes.

What show was this? I must not remember.
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2008, 11:20:42 AM »
Mandoli, it turns out that I confused Brooke Burke with Brooke Burns. The show for which Burns was the host was "Dog Eat Dog".

Brooke Burke did host the reality show "Rock Star" but it was not a game show.

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2008, 01:10:37 PM »
Now I remember. For a minute, I confused Brooke Burke with Brooke Burns as well. I just don't remember Rock Star as much as I probably should. I did watch a few episodes just to see the start of the shows and stuff. (And it was after BB on Thursdays, I think.)

I think the only star that doesn't need all of this attention on DWTS is Kim Kardashian. She's gotten enough attention in the spotlight. E! must not have given her enough stardom or something.
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2008, 01:15:02 PM »

:jumpy: lol I can't wait for DWTS to start

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2008, 11:27:29 PM »
Dancing With The Stars Update:

IN A SEASON OF SURPRISES, THIRTEEN NEW STARS WILL SHINE AS DANCING WITH THE STARS RETURNS FOR ITS SEVENTH SEASON

The Three-Night Premiere Event Begins Monday, September 22

Two Couples Will Be Eliminated During the First Week of Competition

Jonas Brothers and Jesse McCartney Perform on Dancing with the Stars: The Results Show, Wednesday, September 24

It will be a season of surprises in what promises to be the biggest and most demanding season ever as thirteen celebrities take the ballroom floor on the hit series Dancing with the Stars, which returns with a three-night premiere event, MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 22 (8:00-10:00 p.m., ET) on ABC. Each week, all new surprises and twists await viewers. Season seven marks the largest cast assembled to date, the oldest and youngest competitors ever, and includes two Olympic Gold medalists, a Grammy®-winning singer, a television legend, an Oscar® winner, and a Super Bowl champion. Additionally, all four professional dancers who've previously tasted the thrill of victory return to compete against one another for bragging rights. Can one of them reclaim the mirror ball trophy?

For the first time ever, all thirteen teams must prepare two routines for the first week of competition, one of which they'll perform on Monday night. The judges will score the performances on Monday while the viewers cast their votes for their favorites. Only twelve will have the chance to showcase their second dance on TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 23 (9:00-10:0 p.m., ET). In dramatic style on Tuesday's show, one couple will be eliminated as the remaining contestants perform their second dance of the season. The judges will score the dances on Tuesday and the viewers will once again cast their votes before a second duo is dismissed WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 24 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET).
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 11:45:53 PM by marigold »

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2008, 01:05:33 PM »

Dancing With The Stars Season 7 Preview

« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 01:53:50 AM by marigold »

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2008, 03:21:27 PM »
.... an interesting article:

Dancing's Maks Is Back with 'the Best Partner'

Much to the dismay of Dancing with the Stars fans, pro Maksim Chmerkovskiy sat last season out. But now, rested and refreshed — and having gone through some physical rehabilitation — Maks is back and polishing his moves for season seven beginning Sept. 22. Never one to hide his feelings, Maks couldn't be happier about his new partner: Two-time Olympic gold medal-winning beach volleyball player Misty May-Treanor. — Deborah Starr Seibel

TVGuide.com: You said you needed a break from the show. But did you miss it?
Maksim Chmerkovskiy: I actually did. And I'm happy to be back. The only thing I was worried about was I thought that I was gonna get punished for taking time off and get somebody to dance with who was not good. But they ended up rewarding me by giving me probably the best partner I could have. I thought I couldn't top Mel B.

TVGuide.com: Misty is better than Mel B?
Chmerkovskiy: I was shocked, and I don’t throw that word around lightly. People are going to be very surprised by how well she's going to dance. Laila (Ali, season four) had an incredible work ethic. But I could be too much for her. She'd say: You've gotta back off. And then Mel (season five) was just this incredible personality. But she had zero attention span. So here, in Misty, I have a combination of the best qualities of both. She's like a perfect person to love. She has this aura of sweetness, and she'll practice for as long as it takes. Let Cheryl [Burke] and Julianne [Hough] collect the trophies. I'll collect friends for life.

TVGuide.com: Did your body benefit from the time off?
Chmerkovskiy: I took care of my health while I was off. I did this groundbreaking thing called MUA (a chiropractic treatment, Manipulation Under Anesthesia). They manipulated my muscles and broke up all the scar tissue. I was concerned about my lower back and my knees. And I had a small tear in a ligament in my left shoulder. But now, I feel great. I feel a lot more flexible.

TVGuide.com: You sound excited to be back.
Chmerkovskiy: For some of the other pros, it's just a show. Or a stepping stone to something else. But for me, it's me representing the ballroom world, so I have to do the best I can. I put a lot into it. And I have to do it on my own terms.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2008, 11:09:34 PM »

Dancing With The Stars Commercial

« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 01:54:51 AM by marigold »

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2008, 05:14:44 PM »
Mandoli, it turns out that I confused Brooke Burke with Brooke Burns. The show for which Burns was the host was "Dog Eat Dog".

Brooke Burke did host the reality show "Rock Star" but it was not a game show.
Brooke also hosted E's Wild On! which is how she first became famous. Well, semi-famous.
Just here to visit.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2008, 07:42:05 PM »

Dancing With The Stars Host Tom Bergeron:

Tom Bergeron ABC's Dancing with the Stars Host will be a guest on The View on TUESDAY, SEPT. 16, 2008 (11:00a.m.-12:00 noon, ET).

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2008, 08:09:21 PM »
Dancing with The Stars Season 7 New ABC promo

The new girls from the new season

« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 02:32:30 AM by marigold »

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2008, 08:15:55 PM »
.... another promo  :popcorn: