Author Topic: First Impressions  (Read 3281 times)

Offline yecal59

• RFF Jr. Member
First Impressions
« on: July 08, 2008, 09:15:30 AM »
Overall the cast seems intriguing.  I agree that they are diverse as far as views and lots of quirks.  I would like to see a little more age diversity.  Yes they are 22 to 75, but it's a 75 year old and 50 something and then early 30s and 20s for everyone else.  Again lots of singles, but lots of singles that might not get along.  I do like Jerry.  I hope they don't instantly see him as a sentimental favorite and vote him off.  Libra is from the same town I live in and I actually don't think it's that big of a deal to be an Obama supporter here.  Spring is part of the Houston metropolitan area, so is not as Republican as the rest of the state might be.  Dan I think will get a wakeup call as he seems a little closed minded.  I'm interested to see how April deals with her OCD in a house that is notoriously messy constantly.  It'll just be interesting to see if she just cleans constantly or takes it out on the other houseguests.  Those are really the only contestants that stand out to me right now.  Can't wait to see the house now!

Offline Queenycastle

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: First Impressions
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 02:55:05 PM »
Well I think sparks will be flying politically, although I wish we wouldn't have to go there.  This election being so passionate in most American's minds- I'm sure those few in the cast with strong political views will dominate convos for a while, till they realize they better get their head in the game. 

Other than that I had to print out a group pic, so I can tell April and Keesha apart, same with Brian and Dan.  Steven without a hat might look like Memphis too!  UGH!  The first couple days are gonna be like, " not sure who it is but there is a guy in the pool...."  KWIM :groan:

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2008, 02:56:21 PM »
I want to see conflict. Lots of it.
Just here to visit.

Offline BamBam

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2008, 04:21:41 PM »
I want to see conflict. Lots of it.

Me too!  and I think with this group we might get it.  Wonder what the big twist is?  Any ideas yet?

Offline BballKates

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I Love TV!
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2008, 09:25:10 PM »
Frankly I'm relieved to see less single people in their 20's. They brought nothing to the show. Particularly the ones from last season made me feel ashamed to be a 20 something. They were incredibly ignorant and disgusting. A broader age range and background creates different more real type of drama.

Offline KitKat

• RFF's Kitty Kat
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2008, 10:13:00 PM »
I am really excited about the new season of BB, with all the differences in the hgs. WTH is the deal with so many of the hgs from BB9 and BB10 being "recruited". Keesha was recruited from Hooters and Brian was recruited as well. Surely with as many people that BB has to choose from how hard could it be to come up with 13 freakin people without having to recruit. I know I could have came up with 13 hgs right here in my own neighborhood that would have filled those crazy hgs spots easily. Stop me now BB10 is still a few days away and I have already started my ranting lol.
delightful just delightful

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2008, 05:31:14 PM »
with the election in the works and this BB10 having peeps on both side I think we will get conflict I cant wait!!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2008, 06:27:33 PM »
I am feeling a little more optimistic than usual! :funny:

There are some very smart people here, and people who have obviously spent a lot of time thinking thru a strategy.

Seems like BB is setting up age and politics as the big dividers...

This could be fun! Despite the recruitees, it seems that TPTB have stepped up the overall quality of HGs thank goodness!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2008, 07:21:28 PM »
I Peach am extremely pleased with this seasons diverse cast, I like the setup of age politics and having a gay rodeo champ, dark mother in white neighbourhood, 22 year old meathead bodybuilder a 75 year old great grandfather, a 53 year old socialite ding dong and so on so I am pleased,

They have stepped up a knot!  :jumpy: :hearts:
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.