Author Topic: BB10 contestant Dan Gheesling  (Read 39863 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
BB10 contestant Dan Gheesling
« on: July 07, 2008, 10:29:29 PM »

« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 11:58:16 PM by puddin »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: BB10 contestant Dan
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 02:53:18 AM »

Hometown: Dearborn, MI
Marital Status: Single

Dan attended Michigan State University and earned a Master's Degree in Kinesiology. He is currently working as a teacher in an all boys Catholic school.

He is conservative and not a fan of liberals. He doesn't think that America would have been ready for a female president and if Hillary Clinton had won the presidency, he would have moved out of the country. He describes vegans as weird tree-huggers and believes that religion is important and that it helps to establish basic values. He thinks it becomes more important as you get older.

His ideal romantic partner will be caring, hot, have dark hair and skin and be exotic looking. He prefers someone who is not into parties. He likes to eat sushi, turkey cutlets, Mediterranean food and Cheez-Its. He enjoys alternative and rap music and also likes to listen to Frank Sinatra. His favorite movies include "The Godfather," "Good Will Hunting" and "The Karate Kid, Parts I and II". He likes the color black and thinks he wears it well. His favorite activities include running, coaching football, and going out with friends.

He once worked as a college football coach and claims he was the youngest person to do so. He also enjoys watching football. He thinks tattoos are trashy and that piercings are for freaks.

His birth date is September 1, 1983.

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/big_brother/
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 03:29:30 PM by puddin »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: BB10 contestant Dan Gheesling
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2008, 09:39:09 AM »
 :groan:  sushi & cheez-its...  "Breakfast of Champions"... NOT!   (:;)   Probably first to get evicted.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2008, 11:48:14 AM »

Offline yecal59

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2008, 04:12:02 PM »
I agree he will be an early exit.  Particularly if he lets his opinion that women are inferior be too known in the house.  It'll be interesting to see if people keep him around for the villian factor though too.  Gotta keep some people around that people might not vote for in the end!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2008, 05:53:52 PM »
Private Catholic high schol teacher
School told him he could come back BUT if he did anything to disgrace the school he would be fired
Also wants to be a role model for his students, doesn't want them to think any less of him...
Also runs a computer consulting business, websites etc...plans for this to be a secret so the other HG's think he is just a poor teacher
Has been in a relationship for a year and a half...his GF is a little worried because she know how friendly he is and he knows that he will need to flirt ...will he be willing to sacrifice his relationship for $$? Well that's another moral dilemma so stay tuned...
Conservative Republican, would have moved if Hillary was President
Doesn't plan to let that out in the house
any fights we see him in he will be controlling for strategic reasons
tattoos are trashy and piercings are for freaks
Coached college football at Michigan State for 2 years
Interned with the Detroit Lions for 2 summers
BB fan but hasn't been able to watch a lot recently
In it to develop a financial stake and for a fun experience
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline patlini

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2008, 09:03:31 PM »
uh oh i see fireworks between him and obama lady

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2008, 09:07:31 PM »
You know though, I think his intention is to not reveal his feelings? And if he manages with that he might go far...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2008, 09:26:40 AM »
I have been approved to Dan's friends list on his personal myspace profile. His sister, Kelly is running it while Dan's on Big Brother.

http://www.myspace.com/ghees 

Dan and his sister Kelly

Dan and his girlfriend, Monica

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2008, 09:40:18 AM »
I think BB wants some fireworks in this political season so having him clash with the Obama supporter and the women in general might be what Allison Groder is looking for.
Just here to visit.

Offline buckhead betty

• RFF Not So Newbie
    • myspace
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2008, 10:12:30 AM »
I also say him and Libra are definitely gonna bump heads.

Except for the fact that he loves sushi and was born exactly 8 days before me, I dont think im gonna like this guy at all. I wonder what type of woman his girlfriend is...

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2008, 05:25:46 PM »
OMG Like his sister lol  :-[ :funny:

Early exit for him though
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2008, 10:27:11 AM »
Meet Dan and Renny, two brand new HG's on an all new season of Big Brother!

« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 12:33:41 PM by puddin »

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2008, 12:09:24 PM »

We can only hope.
Just here to visit.

Offline MommyLove3

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2008, 12:19:23 PM »

I agree! I cringed all the way through his interview. His life in the house will depend on how well he'll be able to hold his opinions in.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2008, 11:13:45 PM »
thanks to WLBB

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2008, 02:29:56 AM »
Dan's HOH blog...

Head of Household #9: Dan

Wow, what a ride this entire game has been. There have been so many ups and downs it is crazy! I had the chance to leave the house for a day and it was a very strange feeling. The helicopter ride was out of this world, I enjoyed it so much, I managed to see Memphis' Bar, Keesha's Restaurant, and a whale in the ocean! (not to mention all of the spectacular tourist type locations) Being outside of the house for a short period of time made me realize how fast this stay has gone in the house. I know some people may complain a lot about being in the house, but it has (scary enough) become my new home. I was almost missing the fact of being locked in a house with 3 other people, which is borderline insane. I enjoy every minute I am in the house and am very appreciative of all the support of my family, girlfriend, friends, students/faculty of Orchard Lake St. Mary's, and of course the fans (what few fans I may have left, hahahah).

Being in this house for so long you create bonds with people whether you want to or not! Jerry and I have had a...interesting summer to say the least but even after everything has passed I still wish the best for him and his family. It is a very unique thing living with someone who you know dislikes you very much on a 'game level' but on a personal level I think Jerry does not dislike me as much. Hahahah. My relationship with Keesha has come tenfold since the first week. I am not sure I even said one word to Keesha during the first week in the house, she even called me the mole and "very sneaky" at one point. Since the first week, Keesha and I have grown very close on a brother/sister type level, and I've really had a chance to find out how kind and caring Keesha really is. Keesha actually reminds me more of my sister than anyone else in the house. It is funny how terribly OFF my first impressions of everyone was. Finally there is Memphis. Who would have thought there would even be the RENEGADES after week one of trying to back door Memphis with Brian. It's ironic how much Memphis and I have in common considering that we are basically from opposite ends of the world and have almost polar opposite careers. Whether or not I am able to pull game out I have enjoyed every second of it and will cherish the people.

I think I have a little explaining to do about Michelle. Obviously back-dooring her was one of the most dastardly moves this season, and it really could not have happened to a nicer person. I needed to find some way to make amends with her because I think I have hurt her most in this game. Part of my strategy was to make people ANGRY as they walk out the doors because it could possibly ensure me being taken to the final two. It was my goal to have another houseguest take me to the final two for the mere fact that they think they can beat me. I'm not sure how that gamble will pay off.

Last but not least I want to thank the fans of Big Brother this season. We would not get to have as much fun as we do in the house if it wasn't for all of your support and loyalty (yes, I know me throwing "loyalty" around is a oxymoron). Real quick, I am sure that people are wondering, "How can a Catholic School Teacher play the game of Big Brother so conniving, untruthful, and dastardly?" Here's my answer: In my real life I don't have people trying to kick me out of my house, and I came here to play a GAME, and I'm playing as hard as I can.

Back to the support of the fans, you guys are all awesome and it is a tribute to you all that Big Brother has run for TEN seasons. TEN seasons of anything is crazy, let alone a reality TV show like Big Brother. So I hope all in all, everyone has enjoyed watching us in the house. Finally, I have to thank the love of my life Monica for being strong and supporting me in this crazy adventure. It is not everyday that someone you love says, "Yes, go ahead, leave me for 3 months, and I'll be waiting when you get back." All of the families and loved ones of everyone in the house I would imagine are very special people, so I thank you for all of the support.

To everyone back in Dearborn: THANK YOU! I'm trying to bring this home for all of you, if I can pull this win off, we may have to shut down Michigan Ave. when I get back!

To the Men of St. Mary's: School has started, and your teacher/coach is still locked up in the house! I hope all of you are studying hard, paying attention in class, and supporting your fellow brothers. Support the football team, you guys mean a lot to the squad and they need your support. Keep your priorities in check, God, Family, St. Mary's! I hope to return to OLSM soon, go Eaglets!

St. Mary's Football Team: Seniors keep working hard this is your last go around! I hope we beat EGR. Start this seasons strong and finish strong - I will be back soon.

To my Family: I love you all, thank you for the awesome HoH letters, they have helped more than you can imagine. Happy Birthday to Mom and other family birthdays that are coming up. I'll be back soon. I love and miss you all.

Monica: I love you and miss you more than you can imagine. Thanks for sending the stuffed animal that you hate, it brought back a lot of memories. ;) This is almost over stay strong for me and you know I will be strong for you. TAU

Dan's Fans: (if there are any) Thanks for all your support, I will finish this game out with everything I have. If you've liked what you have seen so far, you haven't seen "nothing" yet! I've still got ONE more trick up my sleeve, we'll see if I need to use it or not. I appreciate you all.

Take care,

Dan

a.k.a Father Dan
a.k.a America's Player 2.0.

P.S. Brian, I got Ollie for you, one more to go.

Offline furzball

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2008, 10:28:21 AM »
Wow!! I'm dying to know what Dan's last 'trick' is!!!
Thanks, Will!!!!! :tup:

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2008, 02:00:21 AM »
An article printed in The Detroit News:

Adam Graham / The Detroit News

Oh, "Brother!"

Metro Detroit is one step closer to having a "Big Brother" winner in its midst. That's because on Thursday's episode of the CBS summer reality series, Dearborn's Dan Gheesling advanced to the contest's final two, putting him within an arm's reach of the show's meaty $500,000 prize.

The winner will be decided by a jury of seven ousted house guests on Tuesday's live "Big Brother 10" season finale. Even if Gheesling should lose, he's guaranteed a runner-up purse of $50,000.

As Gheesling himself said on Thursday's episode, "Not bad for a schoolteacher, huh?"

Gheesling, 25, teaches biology and physical education at Orchard Lake St. Mary's Preparatory, where he is also assistant coach of the varsity football team. He frequently wears his bright red Orchard Lake St. Mary's shirt inside the house, and has been known to scrawl "OLSM" underneath his left eye as a signal to his school and his team.

He's also made many references to Michigan and to Dearborn while in the "Big Brother" house, and has taken the chance to draw the state of Michigan -- with a star denoting where Dearborn lies -- on various surfaces during competitions.

Alongside Gheesling in the final two is Robert "Memphis" Garrett, with whom Gheesling has been in a secret alliance -- dubbed "the Renegades" -- since the fourth week inside the house. On Thursday's episode, Gheesling won the final "Head of Household" competition -- his third, more than any other contestant this season -- and sent 75-year-old Jerry MacDonald walking out the door, leaving just himself and Garrett to vie for the money.

Throughout the series, Gheesling -- who in his diary room confessionals speaks with the volume of someone who has headphones in his ears and isn't aware of how loud he's talking -- has methodically schemed and plotted his way through the competition, at one point being branded "Judas" by MacDonald for his backstabbing ways. But he has had a clear plan from day one, initially throwing competitions to appear weak before running roughshod through his fellow housemates over the last several weeks.

He's also become a fan favorite, and was voted "America's Player" for one week early in the series.

A Gheesling victory is far from a gimme, however. He was personally responsible for the eviction of several of the house guests-turned-jury members who will decide his fate, and it remains to be seen if he can win their votes come Tuesday.

"You know what I tell the football players back at St. Mary's?" Gheesling said in Thursday's episode, during part one of the three-part final "Head of Household" competition. "If it ain't rough, it ain't right." And true to form, Gheesling is facing a rough road to victory.

Whether he wins or loses, Orchard Lake St. Mary's head coach George Porritt looks forward to seeing Gheesling back on the sidelines when he leaves the "Big Brother" house.

"We miss him as a coach, and we all know he's a wonderful guy," says Porritt. "I know he'll be excited to be back."

Porritt's only concern is that Gheesling's media tour, should he win, may interfere with the football season. So far this year, the OLSM Eaglets -- who lost in the state finals last year to East Grand Rapids High School -- are 1-1.

Before earning his undergraduate and master's degrees from Michigan State University, Gheesling attended Divine Child High School in Dearborn. He also worked as a graduate assistant coach for Michigan State's football team, and a picture of him coaching on the sidelines at MSU was shown on "Big Brother" after one of his "Head of Household" wins.

Porritt says there's been a lot of excitement at the school over Gheesling's time on the reality show, which kicked off July 13, though he admits he hasn't watched every show. As for his sneaky game play and whether it reflects poorly on his character, Porritt says, "He's just having fun -- like when people play poker."

Either way, Porritt is pulling for his assistant coach.

"I hope he wins," he said.

One other Metro Detroiter has made it to the finals on "Big Brother." In 2001, during the show's second season, Pontiac's Nicole Schaffrich clawed her way to the end, but ultimately lost to "the Evil Doctor," Will Kirby.

Offline furzball

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2008, 10:28:43 AM »
Thanks, Will! :tup:

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2008, 10:51:35 PM »

Dan will be appearing on the Bonnie Hunt Show tomorrow

Link to the site: http://www.bonniehunt.com/

There is a tab on top of the site "When It's On" you can search for your area to either watch or tivo it

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2008, 04:43:46 AM »
From Dan's Myspace:

Monday, September 22, 2008

Thank You!

Current mood:  grateful

To All Big Brother Fans, Dan Fans, & Renegade Fans:

Thank you so much for all of your support!  All of the support, thank you notes, and encouragement is very overwhelming for me and totally unexpected.  When I was trapped in the house I was not sure anyone would like me, but I appreciate all of the support.

I will keep you all updated as to what is going on with my life, just be patient with me because I am trying to catch up to the MySpace, Facebook, e-mails, etc etc...

I have been running all over the place trying to keep up with phone calls, family, and re-adjusting to life outside of the Big Brother house.  I have NOT seen the Dark Knight yet OR picked up my new favorite CD, the Weezer Red Album that I got as my first HoH. 

Winning Big Brother was a dream come true for many reasons, you all know how big of a BB fan I am and to win, and win 7-0 (totally unexpected), is very hard to even comprehend.

After the Finale show, I spent the next 36 hours doing press interviews, radio interviews, etc (check out the Bonnie Hunt Show!)

This past Wednesday we (my family, Monica, best friend Carp, Memphis, Ashley, Memphis' fam) went to Katsuya for a nice dinner and then to S-Bar for the Renegade party.  Thanks to Ashley and Matt (at S-Bar) for hooking it up.  We had a blast, I had a chance to catch up with Brian, Angie, and Steven for a second, but mainly it was a crazy night.

Big thanks to Mike Boogie for making an appearance at S-Bar and for hooking up Monica and I and Geisha House.  If you ever are in LA you need to swing by Geisha House, great food and atmosphere.  The best Sushi ever, check it out. 

While in LA, Monica, Memphis, Ashley and I went to Universal Studios and had a great time!

The BB Wrap Party was something out of this world.  I met a lot of great people and I received nothing but positive feedback.  A lot of former House Guests were there and they are all so cool, here is who I ran into (sorry if I forget anyone), I did not get a chance to talk to them all unfortunately

BB1: Chicken George, the legend
BB3: Marcellas, Lisa - very cool
BB5: Diane - the best, very down to earth
BB6: Jennifer-awesome, photogenic   James-nice guy
BB7: Erika-charismatic
BB8: Jen & Nick - genuine
         Dick - do I even need to say anything?
         Danielle - sweetheart, plus she started Team Dan, come on!
         Joe & Zach - nice dudes
BB9: Chelsia & Crazy James
         Jen - very cool, personable
         Josh - said hey, didn't get a chance to talk to
         Parker - the man
         Sharon - very sweet

I also met Sheila, I was very thrilled to meet her.  What she told me got me FIRED UP!  Long story short, she knows how big of a fan I am of the Karate Kid, so she is hooking me up big time, she can tell the details but I'm not sure how much she wants me to say.  But Sheila is the best, so cool, and I look forward to speaking with her soon.

The gag reel is hilarious; the producers did an awesome job with that.  If you haven't seen the Wrap Party gag reel, I think you can check it out on YouTube.  All I can say is that I was laughing uncontrollably at "the Graduate" clip, nice work.

OK, so what's in the future for me?  There are tons of things coming my way; you wouldn't believe half of it if I told you.  I will keep you all updated as to what is going on if I decide to accept any of the stuff. 

As far as my fellow houseguests, I barely got a chance to speak to any of them.  I talk to Memphis daily (the Renegades are for real) and Brian.  I need to get in touch with the rest of the crew; I was so busy I did not even get a chance to exchange numbers, pretty sad.  If Renny, Keesha, Angie or any of my friends are reading this get a hold of me I want to talk to you guys!

The rest of this week I am going to try to get re-acclimated to my life, it has been a lot tougher than I thought.  I thought I could jump from BB house to normal life with ease, but it has been a process.  But don't worry, if I can handle living in a house with 12 crazy people, re-adjusting won't be so bad ;)

Give me some time and I will get some things lined up so I can interact with all of you!

I feel very blessed to be in this situation and I want you all to know from the bottom of my heart I appreciate ALL your support.

Stay posted, I won't leave you all hanging too long....or if you do hang long, I will make a deal with you and get you to drop from the vine, hahahah, just kidding. :)

Take care and I will be in touch!

-Dan

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2008, 02:22:59 PM »
Article from Dearborn Press and Guide

Dan's the man!

Nice guy finishes first on reality TV show

By Laura Hipshire, Press & Guide Newspapers

PUBLISHED: September 21, 2008

DEARBORN - It took 71 days, a lot of strategy, smooth talking, physical endurance, and a few white lies — but he did it. On Sept. 16, Dan Gheesling, a 25-year-old Catholic school teacher from Dearborn, won the top prize — more than $500,000 — on Big Brother 10, a reality TV show on CBS.

Advertisement
While living in the Big Brother house, Gheesling waded through a giant pool of honey; stood on the narrow ledge of a shaky building; was suspended on a moving rope while it "rained;" celebrated his 25th birthday; was called a "Judas" by fellow competitor, Jerry MacDonald; and had his every move recorded on camera, 24/7.

According to his boss, James Glowacki, Headmaster of St. Mary's Orchard Lake Preparatory School, Gheesling went into the experience with 100 percent confidence.

"I guarantee you I am going to win...there's no doubt in my mind," Gheesling told Glowacki before he ventured off to California in June to join 12 other contestants on the show.

Glowacki said he watched Gheesling "every second of every minute" on each episode of Big Brother 10, and was impressed with his performance on the show.

"Dan played it as moral as that game can be played," he said. And despite the fact he has received hundreds of e-mails telling him Gheesling's behavior on the show was "immoral" or that "he should be fired," Glowacki said he is proud of him.

"We (the school) saw it merely as a game of monopoly or chess," he said. "If you don't bluff, you won't win."

During week four of the game, Gheesling formed a lasting alliance with fellow player, Memphis Garrett; the two became known as "The Renegades."

Gheesling said his ability to keep a "cool head" and a handle on his emotions was a big factor in his winning the game.

"How did you control it (emotions)?" asked Big Brother 10 host Julie Chen.

"$500, 000," he said.

Through it all, Gheesling said one thing he didn't do in the game was personally attack anyone — he got to know each person on an individual basis, and showed them basic kindness and compassion. Kindness was mentioned by at least two of Gheesling's fellow houseguests when the final votes were cast (7-0) to decide the winner.

When asked by Chen what it was like to win $500,000, Gheesling told her: "It's very hard to fathom at this point — $500,000 is a lot of money, but being a big fan of the show, winning this is like a dream come true, and I couldn't have done it without my Renegade brother, Memphis."

Garrett won second prize — $50,000, plus a classic car he won in a luxury competition.

Glowacki spoke with Gheesling a few days ago.

"Do I still have a job, boss?" Gheesling asked.

Glowacki assured him he did.

"Dan is a great teacher for us, and a great coach," he said.

Once the dust settles, Glowacki said St. Mary's will most likely have a "Dan Gheesling Day" to celebrate his win, and perhaps have him autograph T-shirts for students at the all-boys school.

While on the show, Gheesling frequently painted the letters "OLSM" on his face, homage to his employer; he was also seen donning a red St. Mary's football shirt quite often.

Glowacki just placed an order for hundreds more of the shirts.

"They've become a hot commodity," he said.

Gheesling also made references to his hometown of Dearborn several times on the show.

When Gheesling returns to work next week, he will have plenty of catching up to do — besides getting back to teaching, he will also have the task of checking more than 900 e-mails that have accumulated through his St. Mary's school account, mostly from fans.

Currently, Gheesling is still in California with his family celebrating his win, but told Glowacki "as promised, I will be back to work on the 26th."

"He told me he needed to get back to the safety of the Midwest."

Coming soon: What's life been like since Gheesling returned to Michigan, and his teaching job? Stay tuned...

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2008, 02:37:55 PM »
From realityblurred.com

Dan watched past Big Brothers to prepare

Big Brother 10 winner Dan Gheesling was not only a fan of the show (he started watching as a high school sophomore) but he re-watched past seasons of the show online to study before going into the house.

“I modeled my game after Will and Mike Boogie (from “Big Brother 2”), and built it from there. Here’s the thing: Some of these houseguests had seen maybe one season or hadn’t seen any seasons at all, and it’s like going into an exam. I tell my students you need to study for a test, and ‘Big Brother’ was like an examination for me, and I had nine full seasons I could study going into the house,” Dan told The Detroit News.

“The good thing about ‘Big Brother’ is a lot of the episodes are on the Internet, right on the CBS web site, and I would go back and watch a season at a time. Make no bones about it, it wasn’t easy. Who wants to sit in front of a computer 30 hours and study? I didn’t do it 30 hours at a time, but I’d do 5 hours here, 5 hours there,” he said. He did that during the casting process, because he only had “about two days” between being told he was officially chosen and leaving for the show.

Dan also says that while lying in the game was okay, there were lines he wasn’t willing to cross. “To me, winning the half million dollars was not worth losing the respect of the students that I taught. I figured I could pull off the fact that I’m playing a game and I lied for that reason, but I couldn’t pull that off if I got in any verbal arguments or raunchy conversations. I knew I couldn’t do that. And that’s not my personality anyways,” he said.

Dan doesn’t have big plans for his life beyond doing what he’s already doing. “[N]ow that I’ve won this money, I can probably stay at St. Mary’s the rest of my life because that’s what I want to do. … I feel like the roots I established in Michigan, the values and things like that, are so different than people in California. I owe so much to Michigan, and anything I can do to help the state, whether it’s little or big, I wanted to do.”

In other Dan interview news, Entertainment Weekly asked him why he always shouted in the Diary Room. Dan said, “I tried to be very inconspicuous, very calm, in the house. I’m very calm as a teacher. But after school as a coach I like to get fired up. So in the diary room I’d like to coach up America. That was my chance. I took it and ran with it.”

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2008, 12:19:33 PM »