Author Topic: BB10 contestant Keesha Smith  (Read 75021 times)

Offline sass

• Big Brother Updaters
  • I Live at RFF
Re: BB10 contestant Keesha Smith
« Reply #50 on: September 09, 2008, 09:51:39 PM »
I know TL, I want to know what will happen with them at the wrap party or afterwards when there is no BB security there and I totally agree with JJ on his comments.

Offline Bandit3S

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #51 on: September 09, 2008, 11:09:35 PM »
I know TL, I want to know what will happen with them at the wrap party or afterwards when there is no BB security there and I totally agree with JJ on his comments.

That would be worth paying big $$ to see!!!  I will miss Keesha   :gaah:

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #52 on: September 09, 2008, 11:52:33 PM »
Maybe JJ could wring Memphis' neck if Jerry doesn't! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Just here to visit.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #53 on: September 10, 2008, 01:57:22 AM »
More from JJ .... a new myspace bulletin:

Sep 10, 2008 2:34 AM

Keesha fans Thank You... 

After the show I had about twenty or thirty emails from Keesha fans and friends..

What you need to know.

What a season for Big Brother. I remember Keesha and a conversation about being a good person. I a happy that all of you see Keesha a a great fun loving person.

Anndd she is.

What will happen next. Well I hope that even if she didn't win anything, I hope that her and I get to go on a vacation.. We would like to go To Hawaii..

Then it will be back to the grind.. Work more movies and TV shows. For the both of us. Some of you have wriiten to me and said make Keesha a super star.

We can only be as big as our fans will lets us. Please all of you KEEP IN TOUCH.

IF ANY OF YOU WANT TO MAKE MOVIES, INVEST . Just call or write.

if you need films, commercials or anything just call..

Keesha and I will be posting up a ton of things soon.. Lets hope that she takes Renny's advice and her and I have something to look forward to.

keep your good witts America and once again.. KEEP IN TOUCH I WILL GET BACK TO YOU...

AND THANK YOU,

all of you are great, I am glad to have made new friends,

JJ

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #54 on: September 10, 2008, 07:21:25 AM »
Thanks for posting these Marigold.  :tup:

I kinda wish he'd left the part out about work but I hope for nothing but the best for Keesha. I loved Renny's comments to her about getting married and having children.
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #55 on: September 10, 2008, 09:41:05 AM »
Keesha on The Early Show this morning:

Watch CBS Videos Online

Offline furzball

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #56 on: September 10, 2008, 10:07:29 AM »
I think Keesha handled that with class, and humor.
Looks like she is going to the Jury House. I loved her response
to the 'april' question!! :lol:

Thanks, Will!

Offline purpie

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #57 on: September 10, 2008, 03:55:00 PM »
I watched Keesha today on House Calls. She handled herself very well, trying to be both truthful & tactful. There were a lot of questions & I made some notes but these are not exact quotes.
Q- Do you hold a grudge against Memphis?
A- A little bit.
Q- What do you think about Dan taking Michelle on the trip?
A- Dan mentioned it because he wants my help getting Michelle's vote in the jury house.
Q- How do you think Dan is playing the game?
A- Smart. I think he may have known I was being evected but he stepped up & was there for me.
Q- What was your favorite moment?
A- Winning HOH on double eviction day.
Q- What was the hardest part of being in the house?
A- Being secluded with so many back stabbing people.
Q- What was the real reason you evicted ANgie? Were you jealous?
A- I liked Angie, but she was a strong player. Guys loved her. She could say stuff, sit back & others would carry stuff out for her.
Q- Would you do All Stars & who from your season would you want to be there?
A- Yes, Renny.
Q- Why were you nice to Jerry?
A- Never for the game, I felt bad for him.
Q- What if you has allied with Ollie & Michelle?
A- That was never really an option.
Q- What surprised you most?
A- How dirty people can be. (Clarified to explain things others said knowing they were on national TV.)
Q- What advice do you have for future HGs?
A- It's a game. Don't take it to heart.
Q- Who were you more allied with, Renny or the boys.
A- Renny. I trusted her 100%. She probably would have beaten me!
Q- Why didn't you work on Memphis while Dan was away?
A- I was depressed since Renny left. I should have, it may have been my biggest mistake.
Q- How did you deal with anxiety?
A- It was easier with more people. At the end I just slept.

(I think I should make this a 2 parter!)  blahblah

Offline purpie

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #58 on: September 10, 2008, 04:12:40 PM »
(part 2. Remember, these are NOT exact quotes.)

Q- Your birthday was during a big fight. How did you feel?
A- During the song I was thinking. "Are these people crazy?"
Q- What is your jury strategy?
A- If you mean will I try to persuade, yes.
Q- Did you throw the last two comps?
A- I know I wasn't good but no. I panicked on the last POV.
Q- What was your favorite comp?
A- The astronaut, flying.
She was then asked for a 1 word reaction to everyone:
Brian- Arrogant
Jessie- Full of himself
Steven- A sweetheart
Ollie- Quiet
Jerry- Old
Dan- Genuinely nice
Memphis- Conniving (interesting, I've always thought he was a con man)
Angie- Smart
Libra- Conniving
Michelle- Strong
April- Self centered
Renny- Outgoing, fun

Q- What was your least favorite comp?
A- The vine, because your legs got all tingly.
Q- Who will you keep in touch with?
A- Renny, possibly Dan.
Q- Were you at all attracted to Memphis?
A- No, he's too young. I prefer older men.
Q- Who was the most fun?
A- Steven, Renny, Dan.
Q- How did you feel about eating slop?
A- Not as bad as some said, the monotony was the worst part. It's kind of like oatmeal.
Q- What's the first thing you'll do when it's all over?
A- Hug my dog, hug my boyfriend (in that order!) I have a nephew I've never met so I'm going to Ohio to meet him.

I felt the need to give back to this wonderful site.Hope you all enjoy!  :wohoo:

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #59 on: September 10, 2008, 04:39:45 PM »
Thanks for posting, purpie. Much appreciated. :)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 07:00:35 PM by TARAsia Fan »
Just here to visit.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #60 on: September 10, 2008, 04:41:48 PM »
TARAsia beat me to it. Thanks so much Purpie for transcribing what you heard.  :tup:

(And thanks for being a donor, that is so appreciated !!)  :hugs:
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline furzball

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #61 on: September 10, 2008, 06:18:54 PM »
Thanks so much, Purpie!

Keesha wasn't exactly honest forthcoming with her answers about Angie, or about working on Memphis the day of Dan's trip!!!! We all heard her--she was jealous of Angie, and Angie's
relationship with the guys. It came up in the HOH as recently as 3 nights ago. The night before Dans' trip--she drank a bottle of wine(minus a short half glass). She was hungover, and sick.
She said so several times before Dan even left.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #62 on: September 10, 2008, 06:24:36 PM »
.... more from JJ who posted this myspace bulletin:

Sep 10, 2008 3:10 PM

Just got a call From CBS going to the GRAND FINALE   

Keesha has invited me as her guest to the grand Finally and the wrap party. I honestly thought that she would invite her dad. So See Ya on TV..

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #63 on: September 10, 2008, 07:01:34 PM »
Great.  :groan:

Hideous boyfriend on TV. That's all America needs.  :lol: :lol:
Just here to visit.

Offline furzball

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #64 on: September 10, 2008, 07:46:23 PM »
I'm hoping it's a case of JJ not photographing well!!! :-[

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #65 on: September 10, 2008, 09:37:07 PM »
I hope they bring Gizmo, :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline sass

• Big Brother Updaters
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #66 on: September 10, 2008, 09:40:23 PM »
I hope they bring Gizmo, :lol:

Perhaps sneak her into the wrap party

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #67 on: September 11, 2008, 02:12:56 AM »
Exit interview with ew.com

Keesha Smith, Big Brother 10's 29-year-old Hooters waitress from Burbank, Calif., talks to EW.com about her disdain for Memphis, that floater Jerry, and the message she received from Dan on the way out of the house.

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: So how are you feeling about Memphis this morning?
KEESHA SMITH: I’m not liking Memphis too much this morning.

In the episode, we really didn’t see Memphis explain why he was going to evict you. Did he say something to you that we didn’t see at home?
He never gave me any kind of explanation. He got up out of the chair and avoided me the rest of the time. I confronted him but he got up and he walked out of the room. He came to the sauna room and expected me to hug him!

Do you think there is anything you could have done differently?
I guess the only thing I could have done was maybe not be so friendly with Dan. That had a lot to do with it. If it came down to Memphis and Dan, I would have picked Dan in the end instead of him, and he saw my relationship with Dan getting stronger. That scared him.

Do you think Memphis was working with anyone in the house? Do you think he’s in an alliance with Jerry or Dan?
I’m not sure. There is so much going through my mind. There has to be something with Jerry in order for him to save Jerry. He couldn’t stand Jerry! I’m trying to put myself in his shoes. Jerry is more of a safe bet. He can beat Jerry in the competitions.

Why do you think Dan told you about taking Michelle?
I think that Dan told me about Michelle so I could work on votes for him in the jury house. He’s a smart guy.

What do you think about Dan taking Michelle to the island? What will that mean to the jury?
I don’t know if Dan has that good of a chance of winning this game. He’s done crazy things to people as far as hurt people’s feelings. If the jury looks at him as a game player -- and he’s been a heck of a game player -- he could win. He’s thrown some twists and turns in there. Out of the three left, he’s done a great job.

Dan left behind a cow for you that he said had a message on the bottom. It said hot. What does that mean?
I have absolutely no idea what it means! He kept saying look on the bottom, look on the bottom. When I got out there with Julie, I’m looking at it and it just says hot.

How does it feel knowing that Jerry is in there and you’re not?
Oh...I don’t know what to say. Wow. I feel he got passed along. He kept getting passed along. He’s a 75-year-old man. We kept saying we’ll get him out later, but we all promised we wouldn’t do that. He never had to do anything in the game. Now I’m like, are you kidding me? Dude, you are 75 years old. He didn’t treat me too well. In the beginning, we got along very well, and I tried to show him respect because he’s 75 years old. I would feel sorry for him when he was out wandering by himself. But then I would try to talk to him and he would pop off. Jerry was very arrogant. He never would have gotten away with things in the house if he weren’t 75 years old.

Do you plan to campaign against Memphis in the jury house?
I’m not sure about that.

Who is the person you are not looking forward to seeing in the jury house?
That would be Miss April. We just don’t see eye to eye.

Aren’t you glad you weren’t like April and allowed Jerry to touch your chest on national TV?
I would have never allowed Jerry to do that on the first episode of Big Brother or ever in my life. Period.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #68 on: September 11, 2008, 02:50:10 AM »
Keesha on House Calls....

Watch CBS Videos Online

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #69 on: September 11, 2008, 09:41:21 AM »
Exit interview with tvguide.com

As this season of Big Brother winds toward its conclusion, each eviction becomes a little harder to swallow — especially when it's a former alliance member giving you the boot. For Keesha Smith, it was a fellow houseguest who had promised to sit beside her at the end of the game that cast the sole vote to evict her. Here, she sounds off on being betrayed, living and fighting with a 75-year-old man and what's she's most looking forward to in the jury house.

TVGuide.com: I have to say I was a little shocked by your eviction. When did you know something was up?
Keesha Smith: I knew that everything wasn't quite like it should be the night before the eviction. I kind of figured it out, because people and things were odd. It just kind of came to me while I was by myself and thinking. Jerry was being exceptionally calm, which is not like him, so I figured he was told he was safe. So, it just kind of hit me, and it was the weirdest thing.

TVGuide.com: And then you confirmed it?
Keesha: When I asked Memphis, his face turned blood red and he couldn't even look at me. He was very awkward, and let's just say, he's not good at lying. So I knew instantly.

TVGuide.com: You've worried a lot about your safety this season, even when it wasn't in question. Was it fear of betrayals like this that always had you uncertain?
Keesha: I never trusted anyone in that house 100 percent. I always went in with the motto that that would be foolish. I never wanted to put my trust in someone because I know how this game works.

TVGuide.com: Do you think this was a plan that started with Renny's eviction?
Keesha: No, I think it came down last minute. When Dan got back from his trip, Memphis started acting a little funny. What it boils down to is Memphis was afraid I would take Dan and that Dan would take me in the end. It started worrying him when he saw that Dan and I were extremely close, and I sort of sensed a couple nights before that he was noticing it. He was just afraid that I wouldn't take him in the end.

TVGuide.com: How close were you and Dan? Your pre-eviction speech made it sound like you really leaned on him the last couple of days.
Keesha: Dan helped me through this a lot. He told me that Memphis mentioned possibly evicting me, and that he was trying to convince him otherwise. But while I was trying to figure out how to handle it, Dan was the best. You're so alone in that house sometimes, and he stood beside me the whole time. Jerry wouldn’t speak to me, Memphis avoided any room that I was in, so Dan told me to sleep upstairs with him. It was so funny — he put the pillows between us in the bed, and it was cute. He just didn’t want me to be alone and was really worried about me. To me, that showed a lot of compassion.

TVGuide.com: Tell us more about Jerry. Why were things so strained between you two sometimes?
Keesha: I'm going to try to put this as nicely as possible. Jerry and I don't see eye to eye so much. He's 75 years old, so I always try to put that in perspective and treat him with respect. We got along at the beginning of the game, but he doesn’t talk to women very well. [Laughs] I guess that's the best way to put it. I can tell that he's a guy's guy.

TVGuide.com: Despite all that, do you think he could win if he makes it to the final two?
Keesha: I actually think that Jerry has a better shot than anyone to win this game right now. People don't have hard feelings toward him as much because he's always tried to smooth things over with everyone before they left the house. I don't know why, but I just think that if Jerry is given the chance, he just might be given the money.

TVGuide.com: Speaking of hard feelings, do you take Memphis evicting you personally, or do you respect it as a gameplay?
Keesha: I'm sitting here now because someone I considered a very good friend of mine evicted me. It's hard not to look at it personally, because I could be in that house right now if it weren't for him. I carried him through in this game, so he's never had to do anything or step up and be the bad guy. It was always me sticking my neck out for him. So, for him to do that to me, it hurts. But, I do understand that he was too afraid to take me and that it was risky.

TVGuide.com: So did it cost him your vote if he makes the Final 2?
Keesha: I have a lot of things to consider.

TVGuide.com: How shocked were you to learn that Dan took Michelle on his trip?
Keesha: [Laughs] I was very shocked, but that was a smart play.

TVGuide.com: Why do you think he fessed up before you left the house?
Keesha: I think Dan definitely wants me to work for him. There's no doubt about that.

TVGuide.com: And will you?
Keesha: Hmm… I don't know. [Laughs]

TVGuide.com: Is that perhaps because you don’t think Dan was blameless in your eviction?
Keesha: Let's put it this way: I don't think Dan was completely blindsided.

TVGuide.com: Are you looking forward to the jury house?
Keesha: I can't wait to see Renny. I'm excited about it. I really missed that lady.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #70 on: September 11, 2008, 09:47:44 AM »
Exit interview with buddytv.com

Memphis and Dan, you know, they probably did the right thing getting rid of Keesha.  Jerry has almost zero chance beating either Renegade in the final multi-part Head of Household competition, whereas Keesha may have had a fighting chance.  But, that doesn't make it right.  In all likelihood, they would have won out over Keesha.  Might as well let her stay in the game.  They were all friends and, even if they don't want to admit it, Keesha was a key cog in the alliance that got them this far on Big Brother 10.  Keesha was kind enough to complete an email interview with us today after she was evicted from the Big Brother house.  You can read the full and unedited transcript below.

How are you feeling right now?  It must be a little bit frustrating making it this far and then getting evicted.

Well obviously I am not happy with being out of the house. Its very hard to leave so late in the game after all there is only a week left.

Are you happy with the way you played the game?  Why?

I am happy with the way I played because I felt like I really did my best and that's all you can do.

Is there anything you wish you had done differently in the game?  Why?

I wish I would of gotten rid of Memphis when given the chance because I see he had no problem doing it to me.

Who do you wish you would have had a better in-house relationship with?  Why?

I wish that maybe April and I could of gotten along a little better because I felt at times we looked a little foolish.

If you had to do it all over again, how would you change your gameplan?

I would not of kept Memphis around. I wish that I would have gotten rid of him. It was so easy for him to do it to me.

Who are you most/least looking forward to seeing in the jury house?  Why?

I cant wait to see Renny!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel like I have been lost without her. Renny always makes me feel better and I could use that right now. I really don't look forward to seeing April even though I am sure she will be thrilled to see me!!!!!!

What are you going to base your final jury vote on?

I am going to base my vote on the way the person played the game. Memphis was a coward and hid behind the rest of the players and never put himself out there to make any moves and I don't consider that a good game player.

What are your plans for after Big Brother?

I just want to see my loved ones and my little dog gizmo.

Offline furzball

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #71 on: September 11, 2008, 10:24:11 AM »
Thanks so much, Will!!! :tup:

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #72 on: October 05, 2008, 11:27:31 PM »
Keesha' first blog post....

Update on my life outside the BB House!!!!!!!!!

Hello Everyone,

First let me say thank you to all of you, everyone has been so sweet. I try to respond to everyone but its almost impossible. Thanks to everyone that voted for me, i truely appreciate it. I have been trying to settle back into life as much as possible. Gizzy hasnt left my side since i have returned home. Lol.. I have stayed in contact w some of the houseguests. I talk to dan, memphis, renny and steven on a regular basis. I have also spoken to libra. I think that we all are just trying to take everything in since of course our lives have changed so dramatically.

I have not returned to work yet, i will be going to ohio soon to visit my family and friends. I have a nephew that i have not seen yet and a niece that i adore so, i need to spend lost time with the little ones. Steven from bb is coming to visit me this weekend so i will take pics and post them for everyone. Again thank all of you for everything and i wish the best to all of you and your loved ones!

Thanks,
Keesha bb10