Author Topic: Your Favorite and Worst TAR Teams  (Read 18436 times)

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
Re: Your Favorite and Worst TAR Teams
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2008, 01:45:16 PM »
Favorite Teams (this list is not completely accurate):

10: Ronald & Christina (Season 12): Leg 2 wasn't very good for them, but I liked watching them succeed later in the Race. They evolved their relationship and improved and that is how the Race should be run (not like TK & Rachel). The team that should have won that season.
9: Lorena & Jason (Season 12): I don't know why, but I liked them. They didn't bicker much and were really strong. I didn't realize how much I liked them until they were eliminated. They were eliminated on the horrible no-bunching leg of their season.
8: Vipul & Arti (Season 10): They got along really well, and never got angry with each other. They were the Kris & Jon of that season, and would have been a fan favorite if they had lasted longer.
7: Oswald & Danny (Season 2/All-Stars): Their accents and the things they said were funny. They were always interesting and should have been in the final 3 in All-Stars (I didn't see Season 2).
6: Brian & Greg (Season 7): They were funny, and almost every leg they would start with something funny to say on the mat. They were also eliminated on the horrible no-bunching leg - ugh!
5: Azaria & Hendekea (Season 12): The strongest team in Season 12. They didn't always get along, but they were good sports and were fun to watch. Their elimination was another bad luck elimination of a team I like.
4: Uchenna & Joyce (Season 7/All-Stars): They learned to work together as a couple in Season 7, and gained popularity with the head shave. And they continued this in All-Stars. I liked this team and they shouldn't have taken that risk on leg 9 of All-Stars.
3: BJ & Tyler (Season 9): I know they hogged the cameras, but they were fun to watch every leg. You never knew what weird things they would do next. They were entertainment that made up for the lack of unpredictability in Season 9.
2: Lena & Kristy (Season 6): They were a tougher team than many may realize - arriving first at multiple locations in their short race. I loved watching the first really strong female team race, and their very early bad luck exit at the hay bales was undeserved. Season 6 would have been better if they had lasted.
1: Dustin & Kandice (Season 10/All-Stars): They were almost unrealistically tough for a female team and they always got along really well. They made themselves likeable every leg, even when they were randomly attacked by Lyn & Karlyn and Charla & Mirna - the two worst teams ever.

Honorable Mentions (in no particular order): John Vito & Jill, Erwin & Godwin, David & Lori, Kynt & Vyxsin, Peter & Sarah, Debbie & Bianca, Hayden & Aaron, Meredith & Gretchen, Kris & Jon, Dennis & Erika, Bob & Joyce, Linda & Karen, Kami & Karli, Steve & Dave,  Fran & Barry, Wanda & Desiree, Duke & Lauren

Some of my honorable mentions tied with those in the top 10 - I just couldn't choose between them all.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 01:52:51 PM by Hooky »
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2008, 01:47:54 PM »
Buddy TV has just presented its "10 Most Morable Couples from the Amazing Race". Here are their choices with my comments:

1. Rob and Amber - they certainly are snarky and hyper-competitive

2. Jonathan and Victoria - nobody has come close to breaking Jonathan's record as the greatest villain in AR history

3. Uchenna and Joyce - I love this team, but they do not deserve to be this high on this list; I would have placed Colin and Christie, who are not on the Buddy List, #3 on the apskip list because they are mesmerizing as exemplified by the ascender and "my ox is broken" and Tanzanian taxicar driver incidents. I know that many viewers hate them

4. BJ and Tyler - I like this team but there is no way they should be on the list at all; they were too bland; I would put Joe and Bill here for their AR1 (not AR11) appearance. Nobody is more snarky and diabolical than Joe and Bill in that race

5. Kynt and Vyxsin - they should be a little lower on the list, maybe #10, but definitely on it as the team taking costumes to new levels in Amazing Races; I would substitute the Gaghan Family. Carissa and Billy and Tammy and Bill are such nice people on-screen (and in person) that your heart is out for them.

6. Charla and Mirna - I dislike Mirna intensely. They are the team that AR fans love to hate. They should be where they are as a result of the inconsistency of their race statements with their professed values

7. Chip and Reichen - I would substitute Jon and Al as the most lovable team ever and with bad luck to contrast with Chip and Reichen's churlishness and incredible good luck

8. Dustin and Kandace - my favorite team ever after Colin and Christie. These two are awesome. Except for some bad luck in overshooting the entrance to a business in Morocco, I believe they would have won AR10 and they were very close to winning AR11

9. David and Mary - nice people, mediocre racers, and they do not belong on this list; I would substitute Flo and Zach, Flo for being the bitchiest racer ever and Zach for being the strongest(that includes over Bolo and Lori) and most patient racer ever.

10. Cho Brothers - this is a mediocre team who wanted to make friends rather than win; they do not belong on this list. I would substitute Kynt and Vyxsin here

So I have removed from the BuddyTV list Uchenna and Joyce. BJ and Tyler, Chip and Reichen, David and Mary and the Cho Brothers. I have substituted Colin and Christie, Joe and Bill, the Gaghan Family, John and Al, and Flo and Zach

My list looks like this:
1. Rob and Amber
2. Jonathan and Victoria
3. Colin and Christie
4. Joe and Bill
5. the Gaghan Family
6. Charla and Mirna
7. Jon and Al
8. Dustin and Kandace
9. Flo and Zach
10. Kynt and Vyxsin

What do you think?
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 02:08:18 PM by apskip »

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2008, 04:28:30 PM »
Kynt & Vyxsin weren't memorable to me - I judge based on what the teams actually do, not what they look like.

David & Mary certainly don't belong on the list - it really disgusts me that the media favors teams that most of us don't actually care much about. Those teams were used mostly for advertising their respective seasons, which is why the media still loves Kynt & Vyxsin.

My list is this:
1. Rob & Amber
2. Jonathan & Victoria
3. Colin & Christie
4. Charla & Mirna
5. BJ & Tyler
6. Flo & Zach
7. Tara & Wil
8. Dustin & Kandice
9. Nathan & Jennifer
10. Adam & Rebecca
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2008, 05:38:37 PM »
I'm gonna have to disagree with you, Hooky. Kynt and Vxysin did leave quite an impression doing as well as they did.

I don't think "most" of us did not care about Dave & Mary. They resonated with a lot of people.
Just here to visit.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2008, 06:44:27 PM »
Score one more who did not resonate with David and Mary. They are extremely medicore racers with good personalities. They do not belong on a "most  memorable couple" list. I don't think they are in the top 50.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2008, 05:38:20 PM »
I forgot to add my favorite teams from The Amazing Race, so I'll do it now!

10.  Lyn & Karlyn -- I liked Lyn a lot.  Karlyn, not so much.  But I was still rooting for them on Season 10, so that's why they're on my list.

9.  Lena & Kristy -- liked the team.  Unfortunately, they had major bad luck.

8.  Oswald & Danny (more in Season 2) -- I really enjoyed this team!  They had so much fun and it was nice to see a team not stressing out too much!

7.  Kris & Jon -- I wanted this team to win Season 6.  Alas, it was not meant to be.

6.  Ken & Gerard -- this team was so hilarious!  I got a lot of laughs out of them!

5.  John Vito & Jill -- this team had the worst luck ever, I thought!  In fact, in Season 3 I nicknamed them Team Unlucky.

4.  Ronald & Christina -- I have a soft spot for Asian Americans.  If Ron had been nicer in Episode 2, I would've rated them higher.  But still, I was glad when they made the finals -- even if I wish they had won!

3.  The Linz Family -- who wouldn't love a team that Yielded the Weaver Family and had so much fun on the Race?

2.  Uchenna & Joyce (on Season 7) -- one of my favorite winning teams.  Their backstory really made me sympathize with them.  And I was thrilled when they made the flight to Miami at the last moment!

1.  Chip & Kim -- my favorite team ever!  Chip was so happy and enjoyed the Race so much it made me smile.  And he & Kim were nice but competitve when they needed to be.

Honorary mention:

The Bransen Family,
Kevin & Drew (in Season 1) and
The Cho brothers.

Belle Book

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2008, 05:31:11 PM »
I'm gonna have to disagree with you, Hooky. Kynt and Vxysin did leave quite an impression doing as well as they did.

I don't think "most" of us did not care about Dave & Mary. They resonated with a lot of people.

Why did people expect Kynt & Vyxsin to do poorly? I always predicted them in the top 4. And they finished in 5th.

As for David & Mary, maybe I'll just never understand why some people love them. It was painful for me to see them put on All Stars when that slot could have been used for Kris & Jon or a more deserving team. Also Kevin & Drew could have been replaced with a better team in more reasonable physical shape. That's what I think.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2008, 05:57:54 PM »
I think people had prejudged Kynt & Vyxsin not thinking that they would be in good physical shape.

Kris & Jon from what I have heard prefer to be private and no longer want to be in the spotlight.
Just here to visit.

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2008, 10:58:26 AM »
Is it too early to declare my love for Mark/Bill? Even before having seen their thread?  :lol:

Offline Alan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2008, 10:04:50 AM »
Mark and Bill are cool people! I'm guessing Nick and Starr would be on many favs lists after this race as well.

Favourite team of all time would be Jon and Al, The Clowns! Followed closely by Dustin and Kandice.  Don and Nick would be up there as well. Huge respect for Gramps.

Other teams that I liked(in no particular order):

Oswald and Danny. With exception of the last few legs on All-Stars, they were great.
Blake and Paige. Best brother and sister team so far...
JV and Jill/ Kris and Jon. I can see why people liked them.
Brain and Greg. Funny people.
Debbie and Bianca. Would have been a strong F/F team, unfortunately driving hours in a wrong direction cost them.
Linz family. Only reason I watched Family edition.
BJ and Tyler. Good fun team despite their camera mugging.
Tyler and James. Strong team despite their past.

Brandon and Nicole weren't too bad as well. Shame about their break-up.

Hated teams...Forgive and forget is the best! :tup:

Offline TheScandinavianAmazingR.

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Best Survivor ever.............Ozzy
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2008, 01:12:00 PM »
Least favorite teams:

10. Steve/Dave - Didn't think their jokes were funny, and the whole tire slashing incident wasn't needed.
9. Tom/Terry - For being whinny assholes and stealing the name TnT from the original TnT - Tramel & Talicia.
8. Ron/Kelly - For barely being alive the entire season
7. Rob/Amber - For hogging all the air time and Rob trying to be so cool the entire time
6. Russell/Cindy - Russell is one of the most underrated assholes of all time
5. Reichen/Chip - For being so intense and blocking that door
4. Eric/Danielle - For having no business being on All Stars. As soon as I heard they would be on, I just knew they were going to win.

Now the 3 teams I REALLY hated. They are in a league of their own.

3. Lyn/Karlyn - Hated them from the very start. Horrible attitude from the skinny one the entire trip. Them finishing a distant third was the highlight of the season 10 finale for me
2. BJ/Tyler - The constant camera hogging was unbearable. Every time they were on screen I seriously wanted to just stop watching. I never know how I made it through the entire season.
1. Charla/Mirna - Beat out BJ/Tyler because I had to deal with them twice. Mirna is one of the most dispicable people I have ever seen on reality tv. Horrible horrible team.

I totally agree whit the last 3 teams, whit some off the same reasons. Luckily BJ and Tyler was not on All stars! And they did`t understand why.