Author Topic: Survivor’ dines at a local tavern !!  (Read 3952 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Survivor’ dines at a local tavern !!
« on: April 01, 2004, 01:22:06 AM »
By Emily Aronson
earonson@seacoastonline.com

PORTSMOUTH - He claimed he was there only to have dinner with a friend, but before CBS "Survivor" contestant "Boston Rob" Mariano could finish his pizza, a line of fans had formed inside the Brewery Lane Tavern Tuesday night.

"I’ve never missed an episode of ‘Survivor’ since it started," Melissa Call, of Dover, said as she sat across from Mariano’s seat at the bar.

While the reality show’s fans at the bar were happy to talk about their favorite television show, Mariano said his contract with CBS forbids him to talk about "Survivor" until after the season finale in May.

Before leaving the restaurant around 9:30 p.m., Mariano did pose for photographs with fans and signed autographs for a few children.

"He’s very quiet and shy, unlike his bravado on television," said Terri Nulph, whose 11-year-old daughter, Casey, brought her "Survivor" baseball cap for Mariano to sign.

Lori McCleary, who works at the Hannaford’s Supermarket near the restaurant, agreed that Mariano seemed different in real life.

"Everyone loves to hate him because he’s so arrogant on the show. He doesn’t seem that way in person," she said.

Although Call said Mariano was her favorite contestant on the show, she understood why some fans do not like him.

"Rob’s kind of a snake," she said.

When asked about Mariano’s growing television romance with fellow contestant Amber Brkich, fans had mixed reaction.

"I think they were using each other for comfort and votes," McCleary said, and predicted Brkich would be voted off the island on Thursday’s episode.

"I think he likes her more than she likes him," Call said.

As to who would walk away with the million dollars seemed to be anybody’s guess.

"I think Amber and Rob are going to make it to the end," Nulph said.

"Rob’s my favorite, but I think Rupert actually won," Call admitted.

The only thing McCleary’s co-worker, Gary Benjamin, was sure of was that Mariano did not finish first.

"He didn’t pull up in a stretch limo, so I don’t think he won," he said.

http://www.seacoastonline.com/news/03312004/news/8101.htm

{article was found @ http://www.survivorfever.net/index8.html  }
« Last Edit: April 01, 2004, 09:19:07 AM by Puddin »

Offline WENDY

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • One day..... I Will Outlast, Outwit & Outplay
Re: Survivor’ dines at a local tavern !!
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2004, 08:35:55 AM »
Oh, for the LOVE! I really couldn't say whether I'd talk to him, or yell at him if I saw him out.....  ::)
Wendy Jean

SURVIVOR 11- HERE I COME!!!!!!!!!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2004, 09:00:22 AM »
 :P...That's funny Wendy..
"He’s very quiet and shy, unlike his bravado on television,"
::)

Offline WENDY

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2004, 10:29:32 AM »
Yeah- I totally can't believe that...... But maybe because I only know his attitude from the show.....
Wendy Jean

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2004, 11:14:04 AM »
The only thing McCleary’s co-worker, Gary Benjamin, was sure of was that Mariano did not finish first.

"He didn’t pull up in a stretch limo, so I don’t think he won," he said.

Makes you wonder if this guy has ever even watched Survivor? No one knows who won yet? Not even Rob.. ::)
Speaking of Rob..I was watching the Early Show..weirdo Johnny fairplay was on w/ Brandon from Africa...Brandon called Boston Rob a dirtbag! >:(....Johnny's comment on Rob.."its just that he's so romantic..he's like I think I love her she has such a sweet ass "
What a couple of assholes  :P...the show was not worth staying up to watch this morning  :P

surviordude_JT

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2004, 11:51:24 AM »
Robs an ass I dont care what you say or how you say it

Offline WENDY

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2004, 08:44:26 AM »
I did see a different side of Rob last night- where he wasnt a complete jack ass.... but I still think his attitude sucks. It isn't that he is doing something right.... To me, he isn't doing much at all.... He and Amber are like the popular kids at school... The regular average kids don't really mess with them... and he has been able to maintain that by acting like he is GOD and he will be very "ANGRY " if they voted Amber off. Why is everyone afraid of him??? ::)
Wendy Jean

surviordude_JT

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2004, 12:03:02 PM »
He is still an ass & he is a baby for almost crying 3 or 4 times

Offline WENDY

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2004, 04:50:14 PM »
i think it is sexy when a man can cry over a woman.... but some people think is he is an ass... just from his attitude, and some people think he is paying hard.... i personally think he is a good man for caring about amber.. but he is an ass when it comes to him speaking..... WHAT possesses him to speak sometimes?
Wendy Jean

Offline survivorfreak

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2004, 07:33:19 AM »
gee, i dunno wendy... does that gary benjamin even know how survivor is played???  >:( the winner isn't announced till the finale right?

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2004, 12:33:22 AM »
Theresa, I totally agree with your comments about Boston Rob.
i think he has done allot, he did build that wonderful shelter they had.  He did build a darn good raft.  He has helped in camp allot, just not in the early morning.  He has actually kept that tribe together by winning challenges and boosting moral.  AND even though he is cocky he has been a leader that has not gotten himself voted out. 

Boston Rob has lead his team to victory many times except for the time he could not build the puzzle.  He planned and built the best shelter ever and I am sure he has done other things but due to the fancy editing, we are not privileged to see it.  And I was touched to see his softer side when he was distraught about Amber being on the other team.   And yes I am still a huge Boston Rob fan and he is also so good looking.  :) :) :) 

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2004, 12:30:38 AM »
Bump......more Romber news

Young. Famous. In Love? Amber & Rob in 'People'
Forget Trista & Ryan. Meredith and Ian? Yesterday! The hottest romance in reality TV, PEOPLE reports in its latest issue, is the one percolating between Rob Mariano & Amber Brkich on "Survivor: All-Stars."
Beaver County Times
Tuesday, April 13, 2004

By: Scott Tady

Brighton Township's cover girl is at it again.

Amber Brkich graces the top right cover of the People magazine that hit newsstands Friday. The "Survivor: All-Stars" contestant is shown in a pink and orange bikini alongside "Survivor" co-star and boyfriend Rob Mariano.

Editors of People gave the couple higher billing than Prince William and "The Apprentice's" Omarosa Manigault-Stallworth.

The magazine's "Scoop" section spreads the already well-known gossip that Brkich and Mariano have maintained a committed relationship, visiting each other's hometowns often since returning from Panama's Pearl Islands in December.

"They're so much in love," says former "Survivor" contestant Mitchell Olson, a friend of both Brkich and Mariano.

People also reports Brkich previously had a fling with "Survivor" star Ethan Zohn, who is now dating the other local "Survivor" contestant, South Fayette's Jenna Morasca.

The People article includes a photo of Brkich and Mariano taken in July when the two attended a Cincinnati fund-raiser. Harmony Township resident Alan Freed, web master for Brkich's official Internet site, snapped the photo, for which People paid him 0.

"If you use an electron microscope, you can even see my photo credit," Freed said.

Brkich and Mariano appeared a few weeks ago on the cover of TV Guide.

The 25-year-old Brkich also graced the July 2001 issue of Stuff, shortly after her first "Survivor" stint.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Article in People's Magazine...

April 8, 2004
Rob, Amber Heat Up 'Survivor: All-Stars'
By: Stephen M. Silverman, People Magazine

Forget Trista and Ryan. Meredith and Ian? Yesterday. The hottest romance in reality TV, PEOPLE reports in its latest issue, is the one percolating in the Pearl Islands between Rob Mariano -- better known as Boston Rob -- and Amber Brkich on "Survivor: All-Stars."
What started out as a strategic alliance has turned into what host Jeff Probst calls "Survivor"'s first "full-on relationship."

After sharing a passionate kiss on the March 17 episode (the first onscreen clinch in series history), Mariano, 28, showed the depth of his feeling for Brkich, 25, by tearing up when she was reassigned to another tribe on April 1. He also flexed his political muscle to save her from elimination, the ultimate sign of devotion in the backstabbing world of "Survivor."

But has the romance cooled away from the steamy tropical setting? According to "Survivor: The Australian Outback" star Mitchell Olson, a close friend of both Mariano's and Brkich's, the duo have remained committed since returning from taping the show in December. "They're so much in love," says Olson. "They're perfect for each other."

Olson says Mariano flies to Brkich's home near Pittsburgh every few weekends, and she visits him in Canton, Mass., as much as she can.

Olson also says marriage talks have even come up -- and denies reports that sparks flew between Brkich (who previously been involved in a brief fling with another "Survivor" star, Ethan Zohn) and Mariano even before the show began.

"They knew each other, but there was never any interest," he says. "The funny thing is, I had a feeling they would come back as either complete enemies or as an item."

{ Copied From http://survivornews.net/news.php?id=872  }