Author Topic: American Idol Season 8  (Read 118883 times)

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
Re: American Idol Season 8
« Reply #350 on: April 04, 2009, 11:05:57 AM »
i am allway confused on what they her compared to what i here every week..

You bring up a good point. Another is complaints about what they wear. I didn't think Allison's outfit was so bad that she needed criticism about it. She's trying to be her age and experiment. Poor Lil, no matter what she does or wears they rag on her. No wonder she was in tears last Wednesday evening.
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #351 on: April 04, 2009, 11:19:02 AM »
yea you liven where u do u probly see a lot of that kind of allison where.. i know i see it all the time i do think those judges need to get out more. jmo about lil i think she was in tears caus she was seeing her baby's how cute were they she must b such a good mom those kids were so well behaved..
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #352 on: April 04, 2009, 11:41:00 AM »
I think you are right about her wanting to see her little boy. I found an exit interview with Megan where she mentions him.

Snip:

Megan Joy: "I've Got No Beef With Simon"
Thu, 04/02/2009 - 2:45pm by BuzzSugar

American Idol's own rockin' robin, Megan Joy, took to the phones on Wednesday to talk about her elimination, the caw-ing, and her comments about not caring what Simon said. She said she woke up on Wednesday "feeling like I was going to go home no matter what" and decided to make the most of her last few Idol moments because part of her was ready to leave the show and go home to her son. Here are highlights:

* On her "I love you, Simon, but I just don't care" comment: "I cared about the competition — I didn't want people to misunderstand me not caring. I just didn't care that Simon didn't like my songs."
    * On the caw-ing: "I love birds and bird noises. I just decided that if I'm going out, I'm going out with a bang. I'm just going to be myself. So I flew the whole time. . . . [The other contestants] said, 'Meg, if you go tonight, we're gonna caw for you, we're gonna support you,' so I was like, 'Don't you forget to caw.'"

Read the rest here: http://www.buzzsugar.com/2995452
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 11:52:11 AM by TexasLady »

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #353 on: April 04, 2009, 12:13:10 PM »

Final 8 Perform : Tuesday, April 7, 2009. The theme is songs from the year they were born. (80's!!)

What will they sing? Have song suggestions for the final 8? Post them here.  :tup:

My all time favorite, Kellie Pickler will return on Wednesday April 9th to sing 'Best Days of Your Life.'  :hearts:

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #354 on: April 05, 2009, 02:20:48 PM »
the 80's humm not my fav dec of music?? all i can think of r shoulder pads and dinisty loland realy bad hair!!!
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #355 on: April 06, 2009, 02:51:40 PM »
the 80's humm not my fav dec of music?? all i can think of r shoulder pads and dinisty loland realy bad hair!!!

:tup: have an awesome time

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #356 on: April 06, 2009, 03:09:18 PM »

All I keep thinking about is Betty Davis Eyes.  :lol:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #357 on: April 06, 2009, 07:37:07 PM »
Here are the ages of the remaining eight:

Adam Lambert: 26 years old

Allison Iraheta: 16 years old

Anoop Desai: 21 years old

Danny Gokey: 28 years old

Kris Allen: 23 years old

Lil Rounds: 23 years old

Matt Giraud: 23 years old

Scott McIntyre: 23 years old.

Since Allison was born in 1993, what will she sing?

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #358 on: April 07, 2009, 05:05:44 PM »
ok i am realy going to think about this lets see phill collins he was great sry to the 80's there were some great ppl i for got, whitny houston,sting split from the police in the 80's so he could be in there. oh monadona, cindy lauper girls just want to have fun, ok to name a few i can't wait till tonight..
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #359 on: April 07, 2009, 06:57:26 PM »
ok i am realy going to think about this lets see phill collins he was great sry to the 80's there were some great ppl i for got, whitny houston,sting split from the police in the 80's so he could be in there. oh monadona, cindy lauper girls just want to have fun, ok to name a few i can't wait till tonight..

Won't be long now till we know. I love LOVE Cindy Lauper! It would have been fun to hear Megan sing 'Girls Just Want to Have Fun.'

So many to choose from, Whitney, Sting, Phil Collins, you're right!  :tup:

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #360 on: April 08, 2009, 10:34:23 AM »
'American Idol''s Top Eight Sings Songs from the Year They Were Born

"American Idol'' is down to the final eight competitors, and this week the contestants performed songs from the year they were born.

Danny Gokey launched the night with his own interpretation of Ben E. King's "Stand By Me." Judge Randy Jackson admitted, "When you first came out, I didn't love the arrangement. Here's the thing, I love you and you made me love it. This is a vocal show and you have talent." Kara DioGuardi agreed, adding, "I, too, was: What kind of arrangement is that? But at the end, you just killed it. You turned it on its head. You made it your own." Paula simply said, "Wow! Danny, you opened the show setting the bar so high everyone is going to have to run to catch up." Simon commented, "I thought the beginning was good; the middle was lazy and the end was terrific. Overall, great."

Born in 1985, Kris Allen's song choice was "All She Wants to Do is Dance," made famous by Don Henley. Kara critiqued him: "I was excited you picked an up-tempo song. I wanted you to sing up-tempo. [But the arrangement] kind of lost a lot of its youth. You are a really good singer. Still a fan." Paula added, "You took one of the most melodically same-note songs and you did change it up to make it uniquely your own. You are likeable." Simon told Kris: "Likeable yes, but it was indulgent, boring and forgettable. Where I got disappointed was that you came over as a guitarist who wants to sing, rather than a singer who plays the guitar. It was a stupid song choice." Randy felt the arrangement was a little self-indulgent. "I lost you. I was listening more to the music and the band. The competition is about you, not the song."

Lil Rounds performed the legendary Tina Turner classic, "What's Love Got to Do With It?" Paula stated, "You look hot tonight. This was the week, I thought you would take your own liberties, go outside the box and prove that you know exactly who you are as an artist. You are a brilliant vocalist, but that gets you only so far. If you are not able to take the reigns … you needed to lead Rickey Minor and the band to create your own niche in a song that is so classic. I don't feel that you did that." Simon was more harsh, saying, "We are not looking for a second or third-rate version of Tina Turner, even to the point you were copying the way she walks. It is literally like we have lost you. I have no idea who you are. You are not making the impact you should." Randy added, "We all love you. You are mad talented. What the two just said is real. We say each week, 'You remind us of….' It is like you are not listening to us. Tina is not you. It is not happening." Kara agreed, pointing out, "It is about making that leap from a singer to an artist. When you are up there performing, your lower range really suffers. You need to find your power there."

From 1982, Anoop Desai selected Cyndi Lauper's "True Colors." Randy complimented him, saying, "You pulled it back. I am always impressed by you. Dude, that was a very nice vocal. Props to you." Kara pointed out, "You controlled the song; you did not let it control you. You showed you could take a pop song [and make it yours]." And Simon said, "Last week, you were abysmal. This week, you took a song and made it your version. I don't think it was fantastic, but good."

Scott MacIntyre stepped out from behind the piano and picked up a guitar for Survivor's "The Search is Over." Kara told him, "I have to commend you coming out there and playing the guitar. I am not sure I would have picked that song for you as a power ballad. You had some good moments; but you had some bad moments." Paula said, "I give you credit for stepping away from the comfort zone of the piano. I had no idea you played guitar. I think maybe reaching for some of those high notes came across screechy, but overall, bravo." Simon commented, "I would suggest you go back to the piano next week. That is where you are comfortable. The song was horrible, if I am being honest, and the guitar wasn't that much better. The two didn't go together. This was you trying to be somebody else, and it didn't work." Randy thought the song was just okay. "The vocals were okay, but it didn't show you as a star," he said."

From 1992, Allison Iraheta picked "I Can't Make You Love Me." Paula enthused, "You know what is so great about having you in this competition? You hear one note and it is undeniably Allison. That is a gift you can't put a price tag on. I loved that you had some tenderness to a song that is so gut-wrenching. It had the same arrangement as the original, but you made it your own." Simon told her, "I thought that was very good. I really do. I think we have just got to sort you out a bit and make you more likeable. I don't think your personality is coming over. I still don't know much about you. That, in a competition like this, is so important." Randy pointed out, "There was a girl who won the first season of this [competition] that you remind me so much of. She talked so much that she was hoarse half the time. She could sing her face off and so can you." Kara complimented, "To take adult content and make it believable and you is talent. Whatever they said, 'Let's go make a record.'"

Time was running out when Matt Giraud took the stage to perform Stevie Wonder's "Part Time Lover." So the judges kept it short and sweet. Randy complimented, "Vocally, one of the best of the night." Kara added, "Incredible on every level. Unbelievable." Paula had two kind words: "Standing O." And Simon said, "Better than last week. Well done."

Last, but by no means least was Adam Lambert, who impressed with the quiet ballad, "Mad World." With no time left, Simon told him, "Adam, the bad news is we are running out of time; the good news is I am the only one going to be talking. I want to give you a standing ovation!"

Tune in to "American Idol" Wednesday night at 9 on FOX to find out who will be going home.

http://www.etonline.com/news/2009/04/72599/index.html

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #361 on: April 08, 2009, 01:21:28 PM »
:)

Fox Press Release

MAY IS MASSIVE ON FOX

CROWNING OF THE NEXT SINGING SUPERSTAR ON TELEVISION’S NO. 1 SERIES “AMERICAN IDOL” MAY 19 AND 20

the three-hour, two-night season finale of AMERICAN IDOL, featuring the final performance show May 19 and the final live results show that’s sure to captivate America May 20.

Here are the highlights, night by night, for this May on FOX:

TUESDAY

America continues to vote for its next AMERICAN IDOL during FOX May, and Tuesday nights boast four not-to-be-missed episodes, including Part 1 of the hotly anticipated two-night season finale; three all-new creepy installments of FRINGE; and a special preview of the new musical comedy series GLEE.

Tuesday, April 28

AMERICAN IDOL (8:00-9:01 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed) – “5 Finalists Compete”
The Top 5 finalists perform LIVE for the nation, singing their hearts out in hopes of winning America’s vote and surviving another week in the competition.

Tuesday, May 5

AMERICAN IDOL (8:00-9:01 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed) – “4 Finalists Compete”
The Top 4 finalists perform LIVE as they vie for the title.

Tuesday, May 12

AMERICAN IDOL (8:00-9:01 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed) – “3 Finalists Compete”
In the series’ 300th episode, the Top 3 finalists take to the stage on another all-new LIVE performance show.

Tuesday, May 19

AMERICAN IDOL (8:00-9:00 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed) – “2 Finalists Compete” – Season Finale, Part 1
On the first night of the two-night season finale, the remaining two finalists battle it out for the AMERICAN IDOL crown at NOKIA Theatre L.A. LIVE in front of a live audience and millions of viewers watching at home. After the finalists perform, viewers will vote to decide who will be the next AMERICAN IDOL. 

WEDNESDAY

On Wednesday nights this May, FOX presents three all-new installments of the new hit series LIE TO ME, as well as four live AMERICAN IDOL results shows, including the two-hour season finale that promises to be the biggest night of television this season.

Wednesday, April 29

AMERICAN IDOL (9:00-10:00 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed) – “1 of 5 Voted Off”
This May, the AMERICAN IDOL live results shows count down to the final two contestants. Each week, the finalist who receives the fewest votes will be eliminated from the race for the title. Tonight, the competition goes from the Top 5 to the Top 4.

Wednesday, May 6

AMERICAN IDOL (9:00-10:00 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed) – “1 of 4 Voted Off”
In another all-new LIVE results show, the finalist who receives the fewest votes will be eliminated from the race for the title, narrowing the competition from four to three contestants.

Wednesday, May 13

AMERICAN IDOL (9:00-10:00 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed) – “1 of 3 Voted Off”
The Top 2 finalists are revealed in another all-new LIVE results show.

Wednesday, May 20

AMERICAN IDOL (8:00-10:00 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed) – “Winner” – Season Finale, Part 2
On the second part of the two-night AMERICAN IDOL season finale, the Top 13 reunite on stage one last time. At the end of a two-hour music celebration, host Ryan Seacrest will reveal the next AMERICAN IDOL

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #362 on: April 08, 2009, 03:20:13 PM »
ty mg for all the info and updates!!

my take on last night was it was the good the bad and the ugly, song choices and sining, some of the songs were good but the singing wasn't so much and the good songs sounded awfull?? any way i will go into more detail on the desusiond thread ty again mg..
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #363 on: April 09, 2009, 04:35:06 AM »

Released by Fox

SCOTT MACINTYRE IS ELIMINATED FROM THE “AMERICAN IDOL” COMPETITION

TOP 7 FINALISTS PERFORM SONGS OF THE CINEMA UNDER GUIDANCE OF ACCLAIMED DIRECTOR QUENTIN TARANTINO TUESDAY, APRIL 14, ON FOX

Jennifer Hudson and Miley Cyrus to Perform Wednesday, April 15

Finalist Scott MacIntyre was eliminated tonight from AMERICAN IDOL after he received the fewest of America’s 34 million votes. On Tuesday’s show, finalists performed songs from the year they were born, and MacIntyre, 23, from Scottsdale, AZ, sang “The Search Is Over” by Survivor.

Next week, the Top 7 finalists – Kris Allen, Anoop Desai, Matt Giraud, Danny Gokey, Allison Iraheta, Adam Lambert and Lil Rounds – take the stage Tuesday, April 14 (8:00-9:01 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed) to perform songs of the cinema under the guidance of director Quentin Tarantino in an “Idols at the Movies”-themed performance show.

Tune in the following night Wednesday, April 15 (9:00-10:00 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed) to find out if the judges use their save or if America sends another finalist home. Also, Season Three finalist Jennifer Hudson returns to the IDOL stage to perform her new single, “If This Isn’t Love,” and Miley Cyrus will sing “The Climb” from “Hannah Montana: The Movie.”

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #364 on: April 09, 2009, 10:29:36 AM »
well adam has this week in the bag. he has a hug theater resame. and he is realy good , i am wondering y they r haveing a diretor not a mentor they r realy trying to make thing different this year maby a little 2 different?
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #365 on: April 09, 2009, 09:56:10 PM »
well adam has this week in the bag. he has a hug theater resame. and he is realy good , i am wondering y they r haveing a diretor not a mentor they r realy trying to make thing different this year maby a little 2 different?

This should be a good test for them!!  :tup: Piece of cake for Adam.  :lol:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #366 on: April 09, 2009, 10:04:17 PM »
An Interview from Scott:

MacIntyre reflects on 'American Idol' experience

By MIKE HUGHES • For The Salinas Californian • April 9, 2009

Scott MacIntyre grants that he never quite fit the "American Idol" mold.

Many contestants grew up on rock and pop music. For MacIntyre -- who was eliminated from the show Wednesday -- that was almost an afterthought.

"I really had no idea what was going on in pop music and what was hip and on the radio until I was 14," MacIntyre, who is virtually blind, said by phone today.

By then, he was already a classical piano prodigy. He had studied intensively when he moved to Toronto (from California) with his family at 10; he continued after moving to Arizona at 14. He graduated from Arizona State, added a master's degree from the Royal College of Music in London; he also studied in Boston and Salzburg, Austria.

"I'm kind of the academic-guy-turned-pop-star," he said.

Definitely academic. MacIntyre may be the first person in "Idol" interviews to use the word "expressivity" and the phrase "vocally and pianistically."

Still, he said, his passion is now on the pop side. "I actually have a huge catalog of original (pop) songs."

In recent years, he said, he's been working on several fronts. In addition to classical -- he's won competitions and soloed with orchestras -- he's had:

-- The Glutes, a duo with his brother which he calls "punk pop power-rock."

-- Solo work. He calls it "pop, rock, singer-songwriter" music in the John Mayer vein.

-- The MacIntyre Family Singers, who do acoustic jazz, Broadway and such. It includes the entire family, except for his father. "He auditions for the MacIntyre Family Singers every year and never makes the cut."

Read the rest of the interview here: http://thecalifornian.com/article/20090409/ENTERTAINMENT10/90409035/1002/NEWS01

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #367 on: April 09, 2009, 11:14:57 PM »
An interesting article:

Ambulance Called For Frankie Avalon Prior To ‘Idol’ Performance

Pop legend Frankie Avalon surprised the “American Idol” audience Wednesday night singing his classic hit “Venus,” – but his performance almost never happened.

An ambulance was called for Frankie before he took the stage after he became shaky from having not eaten all day, the singer revealed.

“I ate a whole bag of those red candies, and all of a sudden 20 min before the show, I get the shakes,” Frankie told Access Hollywood’s Billy Bush on “The Billy Bush Show” on Thursday.

”[The paramedics] took my blood pressure and asked me questions and all that stuff,” he continued.

But Frankie told the emergency medical team that the show must go on!

“I said, ‘Hey, I am on in five minutes!’ And of course, I did the show and everything was fine after that,” he added.

“Idol” host Ryan Seacrest was busy updating fans after the incident occurred, writing on his Twitter account, “Frankie Avalon almost didn’t go on… paramedics were called. Close call but we love him!”

Despite his medical scare, Frankie turned out a stellar performance – even making judge Simon Cowell smile.

http://www.accesshollywood.com/ambulance-called-for-frankie-avalon-prior-to-idol-performance_article_16536

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #368 on: April 10, 2009, 11:59:57 AM »
aww he was so cute too!!! that was a great part of the show haveing him sing simon's birth yr..i am a yr older than simon, he might have more money , but i am more fablous lol...
and ps my dad who is a hair stylest is 79 and still doing hair he loves it that genaration they r like the engergiser bunnys. my dad is going to a hair show in vegas in may. go dad go..
tv junky needs help!!!!!