Author Topic: American Idol Season 8  (Read 118884 times)

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: American Idol Season 8
« Reply #325 on: March 27, 2009, 09:27:58 PM »

i love johnny resnik he is the singer of goo goo dools..

:tup: good choice me too

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #326 on: March 27, 2009, 09:29:34 PM »
hmmmm  :lol: nah

Idol's begging curse?

Could there be an American Idol curse unraveling this season? It's becoming apparent no one should sing a song with the word "beg" in it - unless you want to find yourself begging to stay in the competition. Last week, Alexis Grace begged "Jolene" not to take her man during Country Week, while this week Michael Sarver declared he "ain't too proud to beg" by doing the song of the same name by the Temptations for Motown week. Ironically, both found themselves up for elimination, singing for their lives, and hoping to receive the judges veto vote. After a record-breaking 36 million votes, Michael, along with Matt Giraud and Scott MacIntyre, were all in the bottom three. But the judges decided to let Michael go home to his family after belting out "Ain't Too Proud to Beg" again. "It's fine," said Michael after the announcement. "I get to go home to my family and I am on the Top 10 tour!" The show also featured a showstopping performance from Motown legend Stevie Wonder, a duet by Smokey Robinson and Joss Stone, and the return of season two winner Ruben Studdard. Next week sees David Cook return to the stage that made him a star and pop sensation Lady GaGa performs her hit "Poker Face."

http://www.intouchweekly.com/2009/03/idols_begging_curse.php

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #327 on: March 28, 2009, 12:18:05 PM »

i love johnny resnik he is the singer of goo goo dools..

:tup: good choice me too

i love him more lol!!! :hearts: :hearts:

any way i loved hearing smokeys voice he sounded soo awsome last week on the show josh she was ok, i would have rather herd him sing with alison to be honest that strong smokey voice of hers and smokey together wow ..i can't wait to here david cook next week, i was so happy he won last yr he sang a switch foot song in final 3 i think and it was over for me.. love love him now...
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #328 on: March 28, 2009, 12:37:31 PM »
ty tl i realy think they should have saved alexis if they are going to save any one this early so she would have been in the top ten , jmo i thought she was better than michael last week..

I wish they had saved Alexis. Simon can be so mean! Telling Michael and Matt that people just don't like them.  :groan: Could be people didn't vote thinking they were safe.  :duno:
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #329 on: March 28, 2009, 03:21:39 PM »
simond does say some realy unnessasery things.. how can u say that when america voted that many x's i am sure it was close, also simond says things to get ppl mad so they will vote, a ;pt of reverse psy with that one.
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #330 on: March 28, 2009, 03:39:15 PM »
simond does say some realy unnessasery things.. how can u say that when america voted that many x's i am sure it was close, also simond says things to get ppl mad so they will vote, a ;pt of reverse psy with that one.

:funny: Reverse psychology works for me Tory! I did vote for Matt and Michael, Michael not so much.  ;)

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #331 on: March 28, 2009, 09:08:18 PM »
 :jam: :jam: oh simond  :meow: :meow: all though i uauslaly agree with him on the nigh they sing.. i have disagreed with him a few times but again i think it is his way of getting ppl to vote for thoes ppl.. who no's :duno: :duno:
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #332 on: March 28, 2009, 09:53:56 PM »
I like that he is blunt with the singers when they perform.  :tup:  I generally agree with him. It just seems like this year with the Judges Save thing, he's been a little too blunt/mean.  :hammer

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #333 on: March 29, 2009, 05:27:31 PM »
yea like he needed more power lol..
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #334 on: March 31, 2009, 03:21:08 PM »
Note: Set your recorders accordingly. Tonight's show will be approximately an hour and 25 minutes, bleeding into the launch of the Osbourne's new show, Osbournes: Reloaded.

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #335 on: March 31, 2009, 07:09:48 PM »
I like that he is blunt with the singers when they perform.  :tup:  I generally agree with him. It just seems like this year with the Judges Save thing, he's been a little too blunt/mean.  :hammer

Yes!  I think that since they have an extra judge this season, that the judges should want a little more power.  Simon used to get a 33% chance of getting what he wanted, this season he has a 25% chance.  I also think that Cara and Paula would save anyone if it wasn't for him.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #336 on: April 01, 2009, 10:54:40 AM »
Yes!  I think that since they have an extra judge this season, that the judges should want a little more power.  Simon used to get a 33% chance of getting what he wanted, this season he has a 25% chance.  I also think that Cara and Paula would save anyone if it wasn't for him.

I think Simon is still pretty powerful. He can say some of the most devastating things with his critiques.  :ascared I tend to give him credit though because he never liked Taylor Hicks and looking back he has been one of the weakest winners to date.

Are you liking Kara Snooky?

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #337 on: April 01, 2009, 10:58:36 AM »
i think they r going long on the show each week bceaus a they have to many judges and b that entrance they make in the beginging it remines me of some one anonceing a prize fight, and here r u r judges blh blh,how freekon anoying..and how totaly not nessasery .
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #338 on: April 01, 2009, 11:59:12 AM »
i think they r going long on the show each week bceaus a they have to many judges and b that entrance they make in the beginging it remines me of some one anonceing a prize fight, and here r u r judges blh blh,how freekon anoying..and how totaly not nessasery .

I've noticed several of the Fox shows run over now, not just AI. I'm resetting the DVR so I don't miss the previews!  (:;)

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #339 on: April 01, 2009, 12:11:18 PM »
American Idol: What You Didn't See on Last Night's Show! 

Here's what you didn't see on last night's American Idol:

CLASHING WITH CONTESTANTS

While judge Kara DioGuardi critiqued contestant Megan Joy's performance of "Turn Your Lights Down Low," her brother yelled out, "Broken record!" It startled the judge.

During the break, DioGuardi approached him and the rest of her family. At first, she thought he was yelling "broken record" at his sister. When Joy's brother told her the comment was aimed at her, DioGuardi was taken aback. "I am? Why?" she asked. He then said "packaged artist" could be her "packaged phrase." Upset, she stormed off with her bodyguards.

She approached Joy's brother again during the next break, tapping him on the shoulder. She then said to the people around them, "Can you believe what he said to me?"

It wasn't her only miffed moment. After DioGuardi and low-scoring contestant Anoop Desai clashed over his rendition of Usher's "Caught Up," the show went to commercial and DioGuardi made an annoyed face as she turned away to walk backstage. She then greeted guest Neil Patrick Harris (who was with his beau David Burtka) as he waved wildly from the audience.

GETTING THE COLD SHOULDER FROM SIMON

DioGuardi recently complained on the Ellen DeGeneres Show that the other judges "talk about the clothes" more than the "technical" aspects of a singer's performance. But when contestant Allison Iraheta walked on stage in a poofy red dress and black leggings, DioGuardi ended up commenting on her look. When Simon Cowell remarked that Iraheta resembled "something out of The Addams Family," DioGuardi leaned over and said to him off-mic, "So, you agree with me!" Cowell refused to acknowledge her.

Throughout the show, Cowell and Paula Abdul (who was "upset" over DioGuardi's comments to DeGeneres, says a source) bonded, talking and whispering frequently. After contestant Scott MacIntyre sang, the two cut off DioGuardi's critique by walking backstage with their arms around each other.

MIXING UP CLUB NAMES

The ladies in the audience went crazy after Adam Lambert sang "Play That Funky Music." While Abdul judged his performance, DioGuardi tried to talk to Cowell over Abdul's head. He appeared to ignore her. DioGuardi then made a reference to "Studio 54," but she accidentally called it "Studio 57." As the show went to a break, she cleared up her mistake, making a throat-slashing motion.

http://www.usmagazine.com/news/idol-what-you-didnt-see-on-last-nights-show-200914

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #340 on: April 01, 2009, 06:08:55 PM »
goood stuff will ty ty ty i wish they would get rid of her but i am sure she has a contract oh but simond could buy her out omg that would b awsome..
tl a lot of shows runnn over it is getting on my last nerve i missed  like 20 min of tar this week i was taping a re runn of desprat hw and did  not no it i am still NOT OVER IT... (:;) (:;)
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #341 on: April 01, 2009, 08:02:21 PM »
goood stuff will ty ty ty i wish they would get rid of her but i am sure she has a contract oh but simond could buy her out omg that would b awsome..
tl a lot of shows runnn over it is getting on my last nerve i missed  like 20 min of tar this week i was taping a re runn of desprat hw and did  not no it i am still NOT OVER IT... (:;) (:;)

AW, I'm sorry Tory!! TAR started late because of the basketball playoffs.  But look what I found for you.  :-*

Friday Nights at 8 ET

Visit the official Amazing Race website at CBS.com
The Travel Channel is airing episodes of the award-winning reality series "The Amazing Race" from CBS Television on Friday nights at 8 p.m. ET starting Feb. 20.
The popular series, hosted by Phil Keoghan, follows contestants across the globe through some of the world's most exotic and beautiful destinations as they compete against one another through a series of challenges for the ultimate grand prize.

http://www.travelchannel.com/TV_Shows/Amazing_Race&vgnextrefresh=1

About Kara, I said back in January that I was tired of her and I haven't changed my mind. She makes the most inane comments.  :lol:

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #342 on: April 01, 2009, 10:27:09 PM »
An interesting article:

Miley Cyrus Heading To ‘American Idol’

Miley Cyrus is scheduled to head to “American Idol,” Access Hollywood has learned from sources close to the show.

The 16-year-old superstar, who is gearing up for the release of “Hannah Montana The Movie,” is scheduled to pre-tape a performance for the hit FOX reality competition tonight. It’s likely that the performance will air next week, in the days leading up to the release of her new film.

She will tape the performance prior to the audience taking their seats. An airdate has not yet been set for Miley’s performance.

Miley isn’t the first contender to pre-tape a performance on “Idol.” Recently, “Idol” alumni Jennifer Hudson and David Cook both pre-recorded performances for the show.

This coming Friday, Miley will wrap up a busy week by heading to Access Hollywood and “The Tonight Show with Jay Leno.” Her big film premiere will be Thursday night in Hollywood. Tune in on Monday to see what happened during the pop star’s special visit to our set.

http://www.accesshollywood.com/miley-cyrus-heading-to-american-idol_article_16241

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #343 on: April 02, 2009, 10:34:23 AM »

Fox Press Release

MEGAN JOY IS ELIMINATED FROM THE “AMERICAN IDOL” COMPETITION

TOP 8 FINALISTS PERFORM SONGS FROM THE YEAR THEY WERE BORN TUESDAY, APRIL 7, ON FOX

Kellie Pickler to Perform Wednesday, April 8

Finalist Megan Joy was eliminated tonight from AMERICAN IDOL after she received the fewest of America’s more than 36 million votes. On Wednesday’s show, finalists performed Top Downloaded songs, and Joy, 23, from Sandy, UT, sang “Turn Your Lights Down Low” by Bob Marley.

Next week, the Top 8 finalists – Kris Allen, Anoop Desai, Matt Giraud, Danny Gokey, Allison Iraheta, Adam Lambert, Scott MacIntyre and Lil Rounds – take the stage Tuesday, April 7 (8:00-9:01 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed) to perform songs from the year they were born.

Tune in the following night Wednesday, April 8 (9:00-10:00 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed) to find out if the judges use their save or if America sends another finalist home. Also, Season Five finalist Kellie Pickler returns to the IDOL stage to perform her new single, “Best Days of Your Life.”

Kellie Pickler’s gold-certified album, “Small Town Girl,” became the best-selling debut in 2006 by a solo country artist. Two of the album’s singles, “I Wonder,” and “Red High Heels,” placed on Billboard’s Hot Country Songs Top 15 chart. Pickler’s self-titled sophomore album recently debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard Country Album Chart, making her only the sixth country artist to have their debut and follow-up albums enter at the top of the charts. Winner of three 2008 CMT Awards, Pickler penned five of the album’s tracks, including the hit “Best Days of Your Life,” which was co-written with Taylor Swift. Swift, who also lends her background vocals on the record, will appear with Pickler on the “Fearless Tour 2009.” The six-month tour will visit 52 cities in 38 states and provinces across the U.S. and Canada.

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #344 on: April 02, 2009, 07:18:23 PM »
thank you soo much TL!!! i found it on sat ng here yea!!!!
about kera i do rember u saying u did not like her ,i think i defende her i can't rember??
i love that stuff mg found and i am sick of her saying the same thing all the time. ur so right tl 3 judges is plenty.
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #345 on: April 03, 2009, 12:07:37 PM »
thank you soo much TL!!! i found it on sat ng here yea!!!!
about kera i do rember u saying u did not like her ,i think i defende her i can't rember??
i love that stuff mg found and i am sick of her saying the same thing all the time. ur so right tl 3 judges is plenty.

I think they had the perfect balance, 3 judges, Paula for the encouragement, Randy who can give good advice but can sink your chances as well and Simon who tells it like it is but bluntly. I really do not want to hear who is commercial. (That's the point isn't it?) I don't care who they are by shopping with them either. I really preferred the guest judges who would come in and give their perspective. If Kara stays, I'd like to hear her comments about the music and the arrangement and the more technical aspects which as a song writer she can do quite well.

It was amusing to hear the shout, 'Broken record!'

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #346 on: April 03, 2009, 01:30:11 PM »
i for got about the guest judges darn i liked them all though they realy never said much, and when the guest singer's / mentors r on they r giving about the same 2 cents worth, jmo.
and i for got i wanted to comment about allisons dress that is so in style for the kids that like that kind of stuff i have seen that look all over the place. thoses judges need to get out more..
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #347 on: April 03, 2009, 06:03:16 PM »

Yes, she tends to be more strict than Paula!
 :lol:
Sorry for taking so long to reply!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #348 on: April 03, 2009, 09:07:05 PM »

Yes, she tends to be more strict than Paula!
 :lol:
Sorry for taking so long to reply!

That's true, and she can get a sentence put together...  :lol:

Bless Paula's heart. She does give them compliments though so not everything they hear is all negative.

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #349 on: April 04, 2009, 10:31:04 AM »
i am allway confused on what they her compared to what i here every week..
tv junky needs help!!!!!