Author Topic: American Idol Season 8  (Read 119102 times)

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: American Idol Season 8
« Reply #300 on: March 20, 2009, 03:19:16 PM »
Adam is not weird all the time. This is one of my favorite songs.

wow that was powerful.. love love loved it!!!! where and what was that from? i no the bible the part befor moses comes to there rescue the isreal lights. i have never c n that play..ok i have totaly changed my mind on adam he is not dark at all. he was playing a great role the other night. cause that kid can act...and sing.. thank u blondie for sharing that..
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #301 on: March 20, 2009, 03:26:36 PM »
Powerful! Why isn't he on Broadway? No matter, he will be.
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #302 on: March 20, 2009, 09:55:04 PM »
 :popcorn:

American Idol 8 Talks to Fox 17 in Motown!

The season 8 Idols were in Detroit, MI, at the Motown Museum

Watch them arrive for their mentoring session.

http://www.youtube.com/user/paulamichelle75

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #303 on: March 21, 2009, 01:49:15 AM »
Reality Steve's intake on Idol

American Idol” Results Show

-Not bad, huh? I nailed who the bottom three were going to be in Wednesday’s column, although I had the wrong person going home. However, if you follow my Twitter account (RealitySteve), you’ll know that ten minutes into the results show on Wednesday, I said that I felt Alexis was headed home. I was shocked that Seacrest said at the very open of the show, “I think you’ll be surprised as to tonight’s results”. Well geez, when they showed us Michael, Allison, and Alexis in the bottom three, isn’t it logical to think that the only one we’d be surprised to see leave at that point would be Alexis?

-So much for the new “twist” saving Alexis. Too early. Simon made it too obvious. When Alexis was announced as the one with the fewest votes, and Simon said, “You’re the one we were thinking of saving”, it was rather obvious they weren’t going to save her. Why would he have just given it away before she sang? And if the bottom vote getter has one last chance to try and impress the judges, how can they do that singing the exact same song that sent them home the night before? The only reason the “veto” is in there, is if Adam, Danny, Lil Rounds, or Matt happens to be the bottom vote getter before the Final 5. I said Alexis was part of that group on Wednesday, but there was no way they were using their only “veto” on Week 2 of the finals. If Alexis lasted a few more weeks and got the lowest votes let’s say when it was down to 7 people, then they would’ve used it then. But this early, by using it, they weren’t protected later on if one of the “favorites” happened to get the lowest votes. And lets face it, Alexis is still one of the top five singers on the show this year, she just had a bad week.

-In case you didn’t know, Carrie Underwood and Alien Travis’ performance is actually filmed on Tuesday night after the contestants perform then they try to play it off as live on Wednesday. But I think most people know better. During their performance, they dimmed the lights on the judges so you wouldn’t be able to tell, but those like me who care about this sort of stuff know that Simon wore a black shirt on Tuesday, and white shirt on Wednesday. Well, during Carrie and Aliens performance, even though the lights were dimmed, you could see Simon had on his black shirt, which proved the performance wasn’t live on Wednesday night. Even Seacrest changes into what he’s going to be wearing Wednesday night to introduce the act. Brad Paisley’s performance was done live on Wednesday. Not so much for Carrie and Alien Head.

-I said it last week and I’ll say it again: They’ve got to get rid of the group performance to kick off the show Wednesday nights. It’s so obvious the thing is lip synched, its horribly choreographed, and frankly, it seems like it would be a detriment to people wanting to go out and by tickets to the “Idol” Concert Tour. “Here’s a glimpse of what they’ll all look like lip synching together and awkwardly dancing around on stage! Coming soon to an arena near you!” Gee, can I buy my tickets now?

http://www.realitysteve.com/

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #304 on: March 21, 2009, 07:51:56 AM »
I see Michael Sarver and Megan were missing in the 2nd video. Apparently they are both sick. It's a shame they weren't able to go to Motown.  :(

Offline Blondie

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Watch out, I will chop you!!!
« Reply #305 on: March 21, 2009, 10:38:49 AM »
Tory,
It's from Ten Commandments the Musical starring Val Kilmer in 2004. The song is performed by Adam Lambert as Joshua.

Through the magic of musical theatre, one of the world's greatest stories has been reborn. With a stunning new vision, The Ten Commandments: The Musical brings to life the gripping tale of two brothers, Moses and Ramses. United by love, divided by destiny, they lead their two nations in an epic struggle between slavery and liberty. The Hebrews were slaves in Egypt 3,300 years ago. When Moses, a Hebrew baby raised as a brother to the Egyptian prince, learned of his true origins, he was thrust into a new life, leading his people to freedom. But liberty was not enough. To survive and thrive, they had to abide by the rules of their God, The Ten Commandments. The story that has inspired billions of people now becomes a call to the world for peace, love and brotherhood.

Here is an article on the play

http://www.socal.com/articles/1214-52.html

The Many Faces Of Adam     :wohoo:

here is some of Adams videos of the past

http://www.thebestarts.com/AdamLambert/default.aspx

You can also go to his fansite here

http://adam-lambert.org/

« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 11:29:57 AM by Blondie »
Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth...AMEN..!!

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #306 on: March 21, 2009, 11:53:11 AM »
ty blondie that was val k i though i saw him in the vid i will go bk and look. val is one of my fav's.. i did not know they made a musical of the ten commanments i have seen the one with charlton heston.. i was allso blessed to see joseph and his amazing technocolor dream coat on broadway yrs ago..that was awsome..have u heard of the play a man called jesus. they tour around all over the world it is realy good .again i am going bk to watch that vid u posted ty ty ty again..
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #307 on: March 23, 2009, 05:40:14 PM »
The 'Velvet Teddy Bear' returns!

American Idol: Ruben Studdard Returns For Motown Week

March 23, 2009 10:05:47 by Paulene Hinds

The second season American Idol  winner Ruben Studdard, is set to return to the hit Fox reality-competition this Thursday. The Velvet Teddybear, will perform his new single Together as American Idol celebrates 50 years of Motown. Along with Ruben Studdard, there will be a special performance from Smokey Robinson.

Together is Ruben Studdard’s first single from his forthcoming fourth album Love Is.

Love Is, set to be released by Hickory Records, features songs from Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis and is expected to hit stores and digital retailers on May 19.

Since winning the American Idol  crown, Ruben Studdard has released three albums: Soulful, I Need an Angel and The Return.

Ruben Studdard is currently starring in the the 30th Anniversary national tour of the Tony Award-winning musical Ain’t Misbehavin’ with fellow American Idol performer Frenchie Davis. The tour will make a stop in the New York City area at the Lehman Center for the Performing Arts in the Bronx on May 16th, 2009.

Source: http://www.realitytvmagazine.com/blog/2009/03/23/american-idol-ruben-studdard-returns-for-motown-week/

Smokey Robinson is also going to perform Thursday night, March 26.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 05:43:51 PM by TexasLady »

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #308 on: March 23, 2009, 05:47:51 PM »
ty tl for the info
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #309 on: March 23, 2009, 06:14:40 PM »
ty tl for the info

It should be a good night. I'm looking forward to it.  :wohoo:

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #310 on: March 24, 2009, 09:58:23 AM »
New Pics Of Your Top 10 'American Idol' Finalists!

Take a look at brand-new pics of your "American Idol" Top 10 finalists! On "Idol"'s Motown night, who will bring the house down, and who will make the judges frown? Tune in to FOX on Wednesday night to find out!

http://www.etonline.com/

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #311 on: March 24, 2009, 10:04:42 AM »
Thanks Will!  :hugs: What a great bunch of singers this year!

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #312 on: March 24, 2009, 03:01:48 PM »
An interesting article:

Inside the 'American Idol' Mansion!

This season, the American Idols are living like true celebrities. Luxaholics got the inside scoop on all the details of the "American Idol" mansion!

The top 13 Idols don't just have a chance at the AI crown -- they also get to live like stars during the competition. A FOX spokesperson told Luxaholics that the contestants' mansion is "huge and has the most amazing amenities." Check out the house stats:

• The mansion features 20 bathrooms -- that's one and a half bathroom per contestant!

• 9 bedrooms -- that means they have to share!

• A media/screening room -- so they can watch their performances.

• A basketball court -- livin' like a true balla.

• A bowling alley -- maybe they could invite Obama for a game!

• Gym -- no wonder they all get so skinny by the end of the season!

• An indoor pool -- few celebs have that!

• Outdoor pool -- "American Idol" pool party anyone?

• The idols are rumored to have private chefs cooking for them on a daily basis. Hmm... think they have personal trainers too?

• No wonder they don't want to go home!

http://www.luxaholics.com/celebrity/inside_the_american_idol_mansion.php

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #313 on: March 24, 2009, 03:41:28 PM »
An interesting article:

Jennifer Hudson Scheduled To Perform On ‘American Idol’

Jennifer Hudson is returning to “American Idol” — for one night only.

The Grammy- and Oscar-winning actress, singer and “Idol” alum is scheduled to tape a performance in front of the studio audience on Wednesday after the live broadcast has ended, says a person close to the show who did not want his or her name used because the person was not authorized to speak to reporters.

Hudson’s appearance will air on an upcoming segment, the person says. It will be the 26-year-old superstar’s first time as a performer on the stage that made her famous since the slayings last year in Chicago of her mother, brother and 7-year-old nephew.

Hudson will likely sing a song from her self-titled debut CD, which won the Grammy for best R&B album in February. She was a finalist on the third season of “American Idol.”

http://www.accesshollywood.com/jennifer-hudson-scheduled-to-perform-on-american-idol_article_15923

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #314 on: March 24, 2009, 05:52:56 PM »
An interesting article:

Ruben Studdard Talks About His Return to Idol

Get ready to get down to the sounds of Motown!

American Idol’s top 10 contestants will pay tribute to “50 Years of Motown” on Wednesday’s performance show and on Thursday, they’ll get to meet the show’s season 2 champ.

“Returning to American Idol means a great deal to me. It’s like going back home,” Ruben Studdard tells PEOPLE. “I get a chance to see many of the people responsible for elevating my career to the amazing level it is today. To be surrounded by American Idol’s great fans and all of the fantastic people that make the show happen is a blessing and I can’t wait to be a part of that world again.”

Studdard, who will sing his latest single, “Together,” will top off a week of star power for the contestants. On Wednesday, Smokey Robinson and songwriter and producer Berry Gordy will lend their expertise as mentors. Robinson, formerly of Smokey Robinson & the Miracles, is known for early ’60s hits like “Shop Around” and “You Really Got a Hold on Me.”

Gordy has worked with iconic acts like Diana Ross & the Supremes, Stevie Wonder, Marvin Gaye, The Jackson 5, Lionel Richie and Rick James.

The pair of legends will certainly have plenty of expert advice for the contestants — as does Studdard.

“Stay focused,” he says. “There are a lot of things that surround you when you are in this situation that can distract you. It’s important that [the contestants] keep their head on straight and never lose sight of the ultimate goal.”

Robinson will also perform for the Idol audience on Thursday’s results show, but Studdard has his eyes on the contestants. “I’m excited to see all of them. They all have such unique talents and interpretations of the music,” he says. “It’s going to be fun to watch them all perform.”

http://tvwatch.people.com/2009/03/24/ruben-studdard-talks-about-his-return-to-idol/

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #315 on: March 24, 2009, 07:42:49 PM »
nice house i mean mansion.. to bad simon isn't making a reality show out of it all so that would be fun ai meets bb..i wonder how many ppl would vote some one of because they were not nice to live with??
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #316 on: March 24, 2009, 09:19:31 PM »
nice house i mean mansion.. to bad simon isn't making a reality show out of it all so that would be fun ai meets bb..i wonder how many ppl would vote some one of because they were not nice to live with??

:lol: lol the BB houseguests would love being there idk it might be easier to avoid them in a house that big and the size of the yard and the etc......

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #317 on: March 25, 2009, 06:39:44 PM »
yea nto enough DRAMA  :funny: :funny:
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #318 on: March 26, 2009, 09:59:38 PM »
Hee.. wonder what the judges really mean when they give their critiques? (I bet we can come up with more of our own as well.)  :lol:

Snippet:

‘Idol’ translator: ‘Likability’ means ‘big teeth’
Judges have their own secret code, and you don't want to be ‘pitchy’

COMMENTARY
By Linda Holmes
msnbc.com contributor
updated 3:20 p.m. CT, Tues., March. 24, 2009

You know what the judges say every week on “American Idol,” but do you know what their critiques really mean? “Idol” has developed its own lexicon, where up can be down, bad can be good, and Paula Abdul can be considered coherent. Here, we present a guide to some of the expressions you’ll hear most often, and what they really mean.

Pitchy: Probably the most famous word in the “Idol” lexicon, it theoretically relates to whether notes are sharp or flat, and it is sometimes used that way. In most cases, however, it actually means something like, “That will make people’s dogs crawl under the table.”

Making it your own: Often used for performances that require a particularly large number of notes to render a particularly simple melody. Roughly translated: “I’m sure John Lennon would appreciate your help improving ‘Imagine.’”

Cruise ship/theme park/wedding: According to Simon Cowell lore, the worst music in the world is performed at weddings, the second-worst at theme parks, and the third-worst on cruise ships. Generally, “wedding” means you were overly earnest, “theme park” means you were overly happy, and “cruise ship” means he can’t put his finger on it, but he sees you wearing sparkles.

Karaoke: Usually, this means you were stuck with a terrible arrangement, although it can also mean you look like you’re covering the song on an episode of “The Brady Bunch.”

You look beautiful tonight: This is a Paula Abdul expression meaning “You can’t sing.” It is slightly different from “You’re a beautiful girl,” which means “You can’t sing, and you’re probably going to be eliminated this week.”

Read the rest here:  http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29781589/

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #319 on: March 26, 2009, 11:46:14 PM »
my dvr cut offf the end again simond said michael and it was cut off. so did they save him?? :duno: :duno:
if they did i think it would b a wast of a save jmo??someonewho saw it let me no plllleeesee,,
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #320 on: March 26, 2009, 11:55:51 PM »
my dvr cut offf the end again simond said michael and it was cut off. so did they save him?? :duno: :duno:
if they did i think it would b a wast of a save jmo??someonewho saw it let me no plllleeesee,,

I think it's OK to post it now, the West Coast has seen the show. Yes, they let Michael go and didn't save him.

Our DVR rebooted just as Simon was saying 'NO! We aren't saving him.'  Is that what happened with your DVR Tory?  My hubby keeps telling me that we need to get a new one and we were both cussing at it.  :funny:
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 07:24:53 AM by TexasLady »

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #321 on: March 27, 2009, 12:58:01 AM »
ty tl i realy think they should have saved alexis if they are going to save any one this early so she would have been in the top ten , jmo i thought she was better than michael last week..
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #322 on: March 27, 2009, 04:09:14 AM »

Fox Press Release

MICHAEL SARVER IS ELIMINATED FROM THE “AMERICAN IDOL” COMPETITION

TOP 9 FINALISTS PERFORM LIVE TUESDAY, MARCH 31, ON FOX

David Cook and Lady Gaga to Perform Wednesday, April 1

Finalist Michael Sarver was eliminated tonight from AMERICAN IDOL after he received the fewest of the record-setting more than 36 million votes. On Wednesday’s show, finalists performed songs celebrating 50 Years of Motown, and Sarver, 27, from Jasper, TX, sang “Ain’t Too Proud to Beg” by The Temptations.

Next week, the Top 9 finalists – Kris Allen, Anoop Desai, Matt Giraud, Danny Gokey, Allison Iraheta, Megan Joy, Adam Lambert, Scott MacIntyre and Lil Rounds – will return to the IDOL stage to perform Tuesday, March 31 (8:00-9:20 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed) on FOX.

Tune in the following night Wednesday, March 26 (9:00-10:00 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed) to find out if the judges use their save or if America sends another finalist home. Also, David Cook returns to the IDOL stage to perform his new single “Come Back to Me,” and pop sensation Lady Gaga takes the stage to sing her hit “Poker Face.”

David Cook’s self-titled debut album was released in November 2008 and has already been certified platinum. The album, for which Cook collaborated with an illustrious group of songwriters, including Chris Cornell, Johnny Rzeznik, Zac Maloy and Raine Maida, entered the Billboard charts at No. 3 and the digital album charts at No. 1, marking the best debut from an AMERICAN IDOL winner since 2006. “Light On,” the first single from the album, premiered online, received more than 1 million plays in less than a week and dominated the AOL Top 40 radio chart with eight (non-consecutive) weeks at No. 1. His latest single, “Come Back To Me,” goes to radio on April 6. Cook kicked off his first headline tour, “The Declaration Tour 2009”, on February 13 and is still going strong with sold-out dates.

Lady Gaga is a multitalented singer and songwriter from New York who learned to play the piano by ear at age 4. She wrote her first piano ballad at age 13 and shortly afterwards began playing in clubs around New York City. She attended Tisch School of the Arts at NYU and was signed by her 20th birthday by Interscope Records. Gaga wrote songs for other pop acts, including The Pussycat Dolls and New Kids on the Block, before her debut album, “The Fame,” was released in 2008. The album’s first single, “Just Dance,” hit No. 1 around the world and earned Lady Gaga her first Grammy nomination for Best Dance Recording. She will embark on a worldwide tour this year in support of her album.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #323 on: March 27, 2009, 04:13:08 AM »

David Cook and Lady Gaga to Perform Wednesday, April 1

:hearts: Cookie ..... awesome love her cd

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #324 on: March 27, 2009, 04:02:12 PM »
i love johnny resnik he is the singer of goo goo dools..
tv junky needs help!!!!!