Author Topic: American Idol Season 8  (Read 119147 times)

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: American Idol Season 8
« Reply #275 on: March 14, 2009, 07:31:58 PM »

Late Show with David Lettermen Scheduled Guest

Thursday March 19, 2009

American Idol Judge Kara DioGuardi

Live with Regis and Kelly Scheduled Guests

Monday March 16, 2009

The 12th AMERICAN IDOL finalist performs on the "Live" stage.

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #276 on: March 15, 2009, 12:10:45 AM »
ty mg setting dvr...oh ps r ther 12 or 11 left now..
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #277 on: March 15, 2009, 10:18:47 AM »
yea comming out of the gate with mj, realy?? but they allways do this have a country week and an mj week , then they get ppl trying to promote ther new cd's as mentors, and it is there week, and ai makes it look like the mentors spend a lot of time with the contestans but they don't they get like 5 min with them , we see the mentors on tv longer than the contastants get with them..at least it is country music and not a certian country artist. they get more of a choice that way..

Didn't realize this! You'd think from the editing that they really get some help from the mentors.
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #278 on: March 15, 2009, 10:56:55 AM »
u would think it is just another way for the artist to promo there new cd..in some cases what the artist says about the contestant that they show on the show the contestant hasn;t even seen yet.
the contestants r kept soooo busy,alll week it is crazy, they do photo shot every week learn a new group routine every week, shoot a ford vid every week, and learn a new song, so if ther is a mentor they have to get in hair and make up yet again then got do there 5 min with the guest artise..it is a realy hard job for them, oh nd the day b 4 the frist show they have to do camara blocking,some times the day of the show they do the camra blocking, i no they have to on group day, and yea day of frist show too cause that has to b staged so the camra and lighting ppl can get there stuff right, oh and after they pic ther song another task, they uasualy do that the day after the second show(elimanation) at some point during the week they get up with the wardrob person and the hair ppl..i don't think they sleep, lol :duno:
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #279 on: March 15, 2009, 11:20:33 AM »
u would think it is just another way for the artist to promo there new cd..in some cases what the artist says about the contestant that they show on the show the contestant hasn;t even seen yet.
the contestants r kept soooo busy,alll week it is crazy, they do photo shot every week learn a new group routine every week, shoot a ford vid every week, and learn a new song, so if ther is a mentor they have to get in hair and make up yet again then got do there 5 min with the guest artise..it is a realy hard job for them, oh nd the day b 4 the frist show they have to do camara blocking,some times the day of the show they do the camra blocking, i no they have to on group day, and yea day of frist show too cause that has to b staged so the camra and lighting ppl can get there stuff right, oh and after they pic ther song another task, they uasualy do that the day after the second show(elimanation) at some point during the week they get up with the wardrob person and the hair ppl..i don't think they sleep, lol :duno:

It occurs to me that if they are so tied up with their time, the odds of screwing up their song big time is made all the more possible if they get 5 minutes of input about how to change what they are doing.  :ascared

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #280 on: March 15, 2009, 11:38:51 AM »
up that is y they alllways have ther ipods with them they r listing to the song ove and over while they r waiting for ther turn in the ford vid or to c the mentor or hair and make up, i no chri and blake use to down load there songs and rearange them all week then they hav to give the new arangment to the band. allso i no they do better with out the bk up singers, if the sound guy messes up and i have heard and seen that happen than the bk up sinngers r louder than the idol. i love the bk up singers they r realy sewwt i talked to one for like and hr one night..
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #281 on: March 16, 2009, 02:46:08 PM »

ABC Television Network

PRESS RELEASE

REGIS AND KELLY SPRING FORWARD WITH GREAT GUESTS IN MARCH AND APRIL

Julia Roberts to Make First-Ever Appearance on "Live";
Other Top Guests Include Jennifer Lopez, Drew Barrymore,
Jamie Foxx, Ben Affleck and Miley Cyrus

"American Idol" Finalists Perform and "Dancing with the Stars" Cast-offs Stop by Each Week

Kathie Lee Returns!

Popular morning talk show "Live with Regis and Kelly" heads into Spring 2009 with a stellar lineup. At the top of the list is Academy Award-winning actress JULIA ROBERTS, who will make her first-ever appearance on "Live with Regis and Kelly" on Wednesday, March 18. The luminous star of such films as "Steel Magnolias," "Pretty Woman," "Erin Brockovich" and "Ocean's Eleven" will chat with hosts Regis Philbin and Kelly Ripa about her new movie, "Duplicity."

"Live" is the place to be to catch the top performers from TV's most exciting reality competition shows. Beginning March 16, as the blockbuster hit "AMERICAN IDOL" amps up the competition, every Monday the finalists that have been voted off will perform on "Live." In addition, every Thursday the most recent cast-off couple from "DANCING WITH THE STARS" will stop by to spend some time with Regis and Kelly.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #282 on: March 17, 2009, 04:59:10 PM »

Oh boy a ton of speculation/spoilers out there including who the top 4 are ( a fix ) and song choices for tonight

I won’t be tuning in tonight listening to country music is a form of torture I can’t stand it  :funny:

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #283 on: March 18, 2009, 12:18:00 AM »
From tvguide:

American Idol Episode Recap: Top 11 Perform

This week, the remaining 11 Idols will be singing country songs that celebrate the Grand Old Opry with help from mentor Randy Travis.

Michael Sarver
Michael sings the ultimate good ol' boy song: "Ain't Going Down (Til the Sun Comes Up)." While it's kinda the perfect song for him to sing, it's not all that challenging vocally. Randy isn't very impressed, and Kara likes seeing his personality but misses the big notes she knows he's capable of singing. Paula says the song allowed him to have a lot of fun and that this genre suits him well, while Simon says he couldn't understand a word he was saying.

Allison Iraheta
Randy cautions Allison to just use her pipes to show off her singing ("Blame It on Your Heart") and not to be too cutesy with her Ashlee Simpson hoedown dance moves. Luckily, she listens to him and just rocks the crap out of that country song. She also looks phenomenal! Kara says she really made that song her own and that every week she gets better and better. Paula says it was another rock-solid performance, and now she wants her to experiment with songs that allow her to be vulnerable. Simon says it was good, though tuneless in parts, and verging on precocious. Randy thinks it was "dope"!

Kris Allen
Kris is also singing a Garth Brooks tune, but is slowing things down a bit with "To Make You Feel My Love." Randy says he made the song his own, and Garth would be proud of that. Aw. It's a lovely, quiet but well-sung performance. Paula says she's pleasantly surprised and thinks it was an honest and vulnerable performance. Simon thinks it was terrific and a nice choice of song with lots of control. He also admits that for the first time he thinks Kris could do really well this season. Randy loves his "tender moments" and Kara says it was very "Kris Allen." Whatever Kara.

Lil Rounds
Wow, Lil looks so different this week! Though the dress is heinous, the color is lovely. Lil is singing "Independence Day," and Randy thinks she has the pipes to pull it off. The beginning is just OK for me, but since she loves to sing big, it improves during the chorus. Did she seem a little stiff, or is it just me? Randy says she struggled in the beginning, and she never really seemed to be in her comfort zone. Kara says they all know she's a great singer, but we didn't see it until the end of the song. Paula says she should have stuck with one verse instead of two, but by gosh she looks pretty (excuse me while I roll my eyes). Simon says (after the great "Lil-Little" debate) that she sounded like a singer at a wedding who was forced to sing a song that someone requested.

Adam Lambert
Adam is singing Johnny Cash's great hit "Ring of Fire," and has struck Randy speechless and gives him points for being "unique." Awesome. How the heck is this a country song with this arrangement? I guess there are no rules for how the song is arranged. But holy moly, this felt like a bad SNL sketch about some Emo kid singing in the basement about his pain. Kara says it was all a little strange, but she kinda liked it. Paula says he's someone who stands out and is true to himself. Simon says, "What the hell was that?" He thinks it was complete indulgent nonsense. Randy says it was like Nine Inch Nails doing a country song.

Scott MacIntryre
Scott is singing Martina McBride's "Wild Angels" with his piano. He sounds really nice singing the song, but like last week, is nice enough? The song does pick up near the end and shows off more of his range and ability. Paula says it was another impressive performance and but that it's time to lose the piano crutch. Simon says that Paula's idea is stupid, and the piano suits him. He thinks he's choosing the wrong songs, and Randy and Kara want him to up his game next week.

Alexis Grace
Alexis is singing Dolly Parton's "Jolene" and Randy really thinks she understands how to tell story with a song. I really like Alexis and think she's talented, but the beginning of the song sounded off to me. When she was able to belt it out a bit more, it sounded much better. Randy says it didn't quite work and was pitchy. Kara thinks she lost her edge by choosing this song, but Paula thinks it worked because she showed her softer side. Simon thinks it was OK, but forgettable.

Danny Gokey
Danny is so nervous with Randy that he has trouble getting out any of Carrie Underwood's "Jesus Take the Wheel." But Randy thinks that if he can pull it together, his soulfulness will really come out. Like many others tonight, the beginning of the song is so rough, but he's able to rock the chorus. Kara didn't like the front end, but loved the second part, while Paula thinks the beginning was helping him build the story of the song. She also thinks Carrie Underwood would love his version and buy a record of it. Simon agrees with Paula about building the song, but hates Danny's white jacket (as do I). Randy thinks he needs to work on the verses (the beginning) of the songs because they were a tad pitchy.

Anoop Desai
Anoop is singing Willie Nelson's "You Were Always on My Mind," and Randy thinks people will rethink his capability as a singer... in a good way. I think 'Noop Dog did a great job with this song. It's one of those iconic songs that is kind of iffy to tackle, but he made it his own. Paula says Anoop is back and is proud of him for picking a song that fit him like a glove. Simon says Anoop went from "zero to hero" and that it was one of his favorite performances of the night. Randy says he showed he really can sing, and he loved the arrangement. Kara says he did an amazing job taking an untouchable song and making it his own.

Megan Joy (Corkrey)
Seriously, she's dropping the Corkrey already? Ugh. Megan chooses "Walkin' After Midnight," and although Randy is hesitant about her song choice at first, he enjoys her take on it. Oh jeez, what is she wearing? My shock over her dress is only slightly distracted by her vocals, which are inconsistent and pitchy. And, seriously, ditch the awful hip-shaking. Randy must be on crack because he thinks it all worked. Kara thinks her song and her look are perfect (says the chick wearing the Xanadu outfit). Paula talks more about her having the flu and being a fighter than her actual vocals. Clearly, they are all impressed with her for hanging in there while she's been so sick, and I give her props for that. But her vocals were not all that!

Matt Giraud
Matt's singing Carrie Underwood's "So Small," and Randy really surprised him with his soulful version. I think he nailed the performance. He told the story, and really showed his range. Kara says, "There's nothing small about you!" Paula says "You're piercing through so many people's hearts, and you pierced mine." Oh, Paula. Simon says Matt doesn't get enough credit for his vocals, yet tonight, he out-sang Danny. Randy says it was his favorite performance of the night, and that "he's got it going on tonight."

http://www.tvguide.com/Episode-Recaps/american-idol/American-Idol-Episode-1004148.aspx

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #284 on: March 18, 2009, 09:30:36 AM »
Let's address the rumor/news that AI is fixed. I have a clip below of what is believed to be the original source of this rumor.

American Idol' chatter four-sees finalists
By Linda Schreffler and Sean Adams
Tuesday, March 17th 2009, 7:13 AM

Aside from Paula Abdul, the producers of “American Idol” have one more loudmouth to deal with on the set.

One of the hit show’s staffers is running around telling anyone who’ll listen that the team of producers and judges has already picked the final four contestants — despite the fact that 11 kids are still battling to be the latest pop star.

The female “AI” worker told a “group of people that the last four are going to be Danny Gokey, Lil Rounds, Adam Lambert and Alexis Grace,” said our insider. Asked if this was opinion or actual fact, the staffer vehemently retorted, “Those ARE the people,” saying it wasn’t mere speculation.

If it was just her prediction, she’d be spot-on with this week’s TV Guide, which also chose those exact four wanna-be crooners as its picks for stardom....

Source: http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2009/03/17/2009-03-17_american_idol_chatter_foursees_finalists.html

It is difficult to believe that a "fix" could be so blatantly achieved. The four listed are probably the most talked about as favorites, so are we surprised they are the singers named? With so many people involved in the show and tabulating the phone vote results, someone would let it be known that the fix was in and it would kill the show, not to mention that it is illegal as well.

I have always believed that the most influential person critiquing the singers is Simon. If he doesn't like your performance, beware. (I call it giving a singer the KOD - Kiss Of Death!)

What do you think? Is the show fixed already?

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #285 on: March 18, 2009, 11:26:17 AM »
I didn't vote last night, which is shocking to me since I have always voted since I began watching during the first season.   :ascared  I just couldn't decide, the ones I like the best are getting votes and I didn't feel that the people on the bottom as I perceive them, I don't care one way or the other.

Michael Sarver, I graded as a C. The judges weren't too pleased and Simon gave him the KOD by saying he couldn't understand a single word, called it clumsy and worse, a Karaoke star but clumsy.

Allison: She could sing country, she's proving to be very versatile. Simon who hates Country said it was good but verging on precocious. Randy said DOPE! Not precocious.  :lol:

Kris Allan: Nice ballad. Much better than last week.

Lil Rounds: Loved it when she sang the chorus.. showed more of her vocal talents, but as much as I like her, she's not performing as I hoped she would.

Adam Lambert: OMG! I HATED it, but give it to him, he's a performer!!! I didn't want to throw my TV out the window but I know Country and that ain't Country.  :lol:

Scott McIntyre: Loved the piano arrangement, he was just so-so for his singing. He will have to step it up to stay in the competition. For me, he was the worst last night. Simon told him to get better songs.

Alexis Grace: I think she chose a hard song because we identify it with Dolly and no one can sing it as well as Dolly but I thought she did it well with her own interpretation. Paula liked it saying it showed her soft side. Kara, Simon and Randy didn't like it much.

Danny Gokey: After the disastrous audition for Randy Travis I wondered, would he flop and how bad would it be but he did fine.  I don't know who styles Danny but I wish they would come up with a better look and I wonder if he wouldn't do better with contacts because changing the glasses every week is beginning to be distracting.

Anoop Desai: Best performance? I think so. Loved it.

Megan Joy (Corkrey) Considering she was ill, she's fun to watch. Not the best singer but I hope she gets to stay longer so we can see if she grows as a performer. (Playing back her song she really hit some bad notes but she performed, kudos!)

Matt Giraud: He proved he belongs on the stage. Nice performance. Judges loved him and he got the last spot on the show.

I think Alexis could go home tonight, but I hope not. I'd rather see Scott go because I think he had just a so so performance but he won't.

Predictions???  Will the judges use their one time save tonight?

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #286 on: March 18, 2009, 12:13:37 PM »
Let's address the rumor/news that AI is fixed. I have a clip below of what is believed to be the original source of this rumor.

American Idol' chatter four-sees finalists
By Linda Schreffler and Sean Adams
Tuesday, March 17th 2009, 7:13 AM

Aside from Paula Abdul, the producers of “American Idol” have one more loudmouth to deal with on the set.

One of the hit show’s staffers is running around telling anyone who’ll listen that the team of producers and judges has already picked the final four contestants — despite the fact that 11 kids are still battling to be the latest pop star.

The female “AI” worker told a “group of people that the last four are going to be Danny Gokey, Lil Rounds, Adam Lambert and Alexis Grace,” said our insider. Asked if this was opinion or actual fact, the staffer vehemently retorted, “Those ARE the people,” saying it wasn’t mere speculation.

If it was just her prediction, she’d be spot-on with this week’s TV Guide, which also chose those exact four wanna-be crooners as its picks for stardom....

Source: http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2009/03/17/2009-03-17_american_idol_chatter_foursees_finalists.html

It is difficult to believe that a "fix" could be so blatantly achieved. The four listed are probably the most talked about as favorites, so are we surprised they are the singers named? With so many people involved in the show and tabulating the phone vote results, someone would let it be known that the fix was in and it would kill the show, not to mention that it is illegal as well.

I have always believed that the most influential person critiquing the singers is Simon. If he doesn't like your performance, beware. (I call it giving a singer the KOD - Kiss Of Death!)

What do you think? Is the show fixed already?

and ps if the comp was fixed taylor hicks would not have won, and the year chris rich was in the finaly 4 were 3 girls and one blake lewis. i think the reason they have trowen in this new judges veito is bc they don't want another daughtry slipping trew the crack,s or jenn hudson..

jmo i am sure even the ppl who work on the show have to sign confadeuality contract???
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #287 on: March 18, 2009, 12:36:00 PM »
TL and MG i agreee with u both.

michael and scott were the worst last night ,jmo

my top 3 last night
kris
matt
anoop

middle

all the rest

ok my take on adam last night i perdited he was going to fall of his pedstil last night  but with that said i was thinking jim morrison meets led zeplin on acid..

u have to have this tawing in u r voice to sing country and if u don't have it u got to work with what u have, jmo

realy none of them sang there songs in the country way the closes any one got was megan joy lol
i felt sorry for her haveing to sing last night , i no how grem aphobic tv ppl r did u notice ryan did not touch her when he went up to her he had the box of cleanx ,and all the judges were turned around in there chairs as soon as they cut bk to them and got her off stage. the poor thing she is probly in quarintine. i bet she is not in the ford vid shoot tonight, if she is they will put her in by her self..
i actuly liked that she did not do her rediculous dancing as much last night, talk about destrating that dancing she does is horrable,,all most as bad as adams interpation of jim morrison, lol
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #288 on: March 18, 2009, 02:45:33 PM »
An interesting article:

Idols spring into a tour

Hot on the heels of a successful Christmas tour, another set of former American Idol contestants have hit the road. Billed as the “American Stars in Concert: Spring Break Tour,” season six finalists Melinda Doolittle, Gina Glocksen and Phil Stacey have joined forces with season seven’s Chikezie to tour 14 cities across the U.S. “It’s all I want to do — I find so much pleasure in entertaining,” Chikezie tells In Touch, adding, “And I am practically homeless!"

Since finishing with the show, no one on this tour has been idle. Melinda and Phil have both released CDs, Gina is a newlywed and Chikezie has been touring nonstop.

“It’s all I want to do, I find so much pleasure in entertaining,” Chikezie tells In Touch, adding, “And I am practically homeless! After all the touring, I decided to let my apartment go because I was never there. I’ve moved home with my parents, as it just made sense.”

Despite being a season seven alum, Chikezie does have a connection with his season six tour mates. “I actually auditioned for season six and got to know them all during Hollywood week,” he reveals. “So it’s a reunion of sorts. I am fan of all of them and watching them on the show, I thought I had to audition again next year — so I did.”

In addition to touring and working on his first album, the former Idol has been doing his part to give back, becoming involved in the Donate Life America organization. “They raise awareness for organ donation,” Chikezie says. “It’s such an important thing. I have been given a lot, and this is the perfect opportunity to give back.” Idol fans can expect a few Chikezie favorites on the tour ("I Believe to My Soul" and "All the Woman I Need") along with duets with Gina, Melinda and Phil. “Phil says I am basically a season six person,” he laughs. “So they have adopted me. I am the kid who went to high school with them and got held back a year.”

After being criticized by the judges for a lack of self-confidence, former background singer Melinda Doolittle is happy to be front and center stage. Her debut album, Coming Back to You, hit stores in February, and this tour is perfect practice for her own upcoming tour. “I have my own band and background singers now,” she tells In Touch. “So doing this tour right in the middle of getting my band to together for my summer tour is crazy. But it feels amazing.”

Concertgoers will get a taste of her debut with two songs from the album, "Declaration of Love" and the first single, "It’s Your Love." However, it’s the duets in the show she is thrilled about. “My dream has always been to sing a duet with Phil,” she says, “and it’s happening on 'If I Ain’t Got You.' He was my favorite voice on our season. I also get to do 'For Good' from Wicked with Gina — it’s amazing. When they asked me to do the tour, I jumped at the chance. I wanted to hang out with Phil, Gina and Chikezie, who we all met in Hollywood week of our season. We have a blast together.” And having to share a bus won’t change that, she laughs. “Being on a bus - it’s my favorite thing," Melinda says. "I have done two Christmas tours and been on the road as much as possible. I sleep the best on a bus because the bumps rock me to sleep. It’s my happy place.”

American Idol fans first got to know Phil Stacey when he rushed from his audition to catch the birth of his second child (now 2 years old), all on camera. “My wife shoved me out of the house for that audition,” he reminisces. “She had three weeks to go … but you just never know. Everything is cool at home, my wife still loves me and with a 2-year-old and a 5-year-old … they grow up too fast.” Phil is another who had no qualms about jumping back on the road to tour. “It’s always nice to get together with everyone. That’s what it’s all about — having fun,” he tells In Touch. “It’s spring break! We’ll be out meeting people and spending as much time with those who loved the show and say thanks for your support.” After a successful debut CD last year, Phil is thrilled his follow-up is near completion. His tour set includes songs from his CD and two Idol favorites – "Every Breath You Take" and "Tobacco Road." “I had to do 'Every Breath,'” he laughs. “The first nice comment I ever got from Simon was after doing that Police song, so I am sticking with that.” But there is one thing that makes him wince - those cheesy dances. “We’re doing some cheesy stuff in the group numbers,” he cringes. “I can’t dance to save my life. So if you want to see me make a complete fool of myself, there's no need to watch Idol reruns — come see us live.”

Life hasn’t stood still for rocker Gina Glocksen since American Idol. She became Gina Glocksen-Ruzicka last New Year’s Eve, after marrying longtime beau Joe Ruzicka in her hometown of Chicago. So the hardest part of the tour for her is leaving for it. “I hate leaving him,” Gina tells In Touch. “Being a newlywed, we haven’t really had a chance to experience the ‘newlywed time.’ But he is so supportive, and I can’t ask for anything more.”

Gina admits adjusting to married life and combining it with a career has its challenges, but the chance to catch up with some Idol friends and entertain audiences is something she just can’t pass up. “I was looking forward to this so much," she says. "I am usually at home when I am not recording, so getting the call to do this — I was all, 'Yes, please!'” For her part of the show, Gina performs Heart’s "Alone" (an Idol favorite), but did have some reservations. “I can’t not do that song,” she laughs, adding, “And I didn’t want to, either, because Allison Iraheta just did it this season and knocked it out of the park!” She’s thrilled with doing an original tune, "Just Me," a song with a great message. “It’s for young girls and it was the first song I ever wrote with my husband,” she says. “It’s cute and has a meaning.”

In addition to the tour, Gina is putting the finishing touches on demos and may go the independent route when it comes to releasing a long-awaited debut album. “I’ve succeeded in getting that techno Pink-type sound I wanted,” she beams, “and I'm so happy about it. If anyone wants to check it out, visit my web site” at Please click here http://www.rocktheglock.com/1_1/home/ for more.

“It's funny, when I reflect on my time on Idol, I tear up." She says. "It was a point in my life that I never wanted to end, and it really never will. I will always have the Idol tag and I am fine with that. The show brought so many people into my life and I’d never change that for anything. Idol was like the college experience I never had.” Meanwhile, it’s time for fun on the road and help paying the bills, and Gina can’t be happier. “I guess marriage has made me grow up a little,” she reveals. “And having that 'wife' title is weird and scary. I just got used to saying 'husband' recently.”

The remaining “American Stars in Concert: Spring Break” tour dates are as follows: 3/18/09 – Panama City, FL at Marina Civic Center 3/20-3/21/09 – Dallas, TX at Dallas Symphony 3/25/09 – Lancaster, PA at American Music Theatre 3/26/09 – Kalamazoo, MI at Wings Stadium 3/27/09 – Dearborn, MI at Ford Center 3/28/09 – St. Charles, IL at Arcada Theatre 3/30/09 – Marion, IL at Marion Culture and Civic Center 4/15/09 – Worcester, MA at Hanover Theatre 4/16/09 – Springfield, MA at MassMutual Center 4/17/09 – Morristown, NJ at Mayo Center for the Performing Arts 4/18/09 – Glenside, PA at Keswick Theatre 4/24/09 – Boise, ID at Morrison Center 5/1/09 – Ivins, UT at Tuacahn Center for the Arts

http://www.intouchweekly.com/2009/03/idols_spring_into_a_tour.php

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #289 on: March 18, 2009, 03:09:28 PM »
TL and MG i agreee with u both.

michael and scott were the worst last night ,jmo

my top 3 last night
kris
matt
anoop

middle

all the rest

ok my take on adam last night i perdited he was going to fall of his pedstil last night  but with that said i was thinking jim morrison meets led zeplin on acid..

u have to have this tawing in u r voice to sing country and if u don't have it u got to work with what u have, jmo

realy none of them sang there songs in the country way the closes any one got was megan joy lol
i felt sorry for her haveing to sing last night , i no how grem aphobic tv ppl r did u notice ryan did not touch her when he went up to her he had the box of cleanx ,and all the judges were turned around in there chairs as soon as they cut bk to them and got her off stage. the poor thing she is probly in quarintine. i bet she is not in the ford vid shoot tonight, if she is they will put her in by her self..
i actuly liked that she did not do her rediculous dancing as much last night, talk about destrating that dancing she does is horrable,,all most as bad as adams interpation of jim morrison, lol

I agree with you Tory, I'd put Anoop first though. You are also right about predicting Adam's fall and he best be a little careful. One could read into his take on Ring on Fire as disrespect to the country genre. I think he can do this once and be OK but there are times to be over the top, he just can't do this too often.

Poor Megan! I did notice that Ryan wasn't getting too close. I've been meaning to comment on her dance moves, they are a little strange looking but I thought it's just me because I'm getting old and not hip!  :funny:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #290 on: March 18, 2009, 03:34:04 PM »
 :hearts: :jumpy: :wohoo:

Clip:
'American Idol' to film at Motown museum with Gordy, Robinson

BY BRIAN McCOLLUM • Free Press Pop Music Writer • March 18, 2009

Get ready for your close-up, Detroit. “American Idol” is headed this way.

The top-rated television show will encamp at the Motown Historical Museum on Thursday, the Free Press has learned, shooting footage for a Motown-themed episode next week.

In Motown’s old Studio A, Detroit icons Berry Gordy Jr. and Smokey Robinson will mentor the show’s 10 finalists through a series of Hitsville song selections, sources said. The taped segments will air next week before the contestants perform the songs live on the show’s Los Angeles stage.

Read the rest here: http://www.freep.com/article/20090318/ENT03/90318077/+American+Idol++to+film+at+Motown+museum+with+Gordy++Robinson

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #291 on: March 18, 2009, 03:46:46 PM »

Released by Fox

TUESDAY, MARCH 31

[EDITOR’S NOTE: Please note the unique start/end times for this evening’s programming.]

**SPECIAL EXTENDED EPISODE**—“AMERICAN IDOL”—(8:00-9:20 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed) CC-HDTV 720p-In Stereo

THE FINALISTS PERFORM LIVE ON A SPECIAL EXTENDED EPISODE OF “AMERICAN IDOL” TUESDAY, MARCH 31, ON FOX

The AMERICAN IDOL finalists take the stage to perform LIVE for the nation. The contestants will sing their hearts out in hopes of winning America’s vote and surviving another week in the competition. Tune in to see who impresses the judges and who buckles under the pressure on the AMERICAN IDOL Performance Show airing Tuesday, March 31 (8:00-9:20 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed) on FOX.

ALSO

--“AMERICAN IDOL RESULTS SHOW”—(9:00-10:00 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed) CC-HDTV 720p-In Stereo

FIND OUT WHO STAYS AND WHO GOES HOME ON THE “AMERICAN IDOL” RESULTS SHOW WEDNESDAY, APRIL 1, ON FOX

The contestants find out who is safe and who will be sent home on the AMERICAN IDOL Results Show airing Wednesday, April 1 (9:00-10:00 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed) on FOX.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 03:53:24 PM by marigold »

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #292 on: March 18, 2009, 04:38:21 PM »
wow u guys r the crack research team.. ty for all the info.. phill and chris rich got the boot the same week seson six bc of the idols gives bk thing they did . they did not elemate any one that week so they elmanted 2 the next week and it was phill #6 and chris rich#5 so they went on the talk show's together..i was thinking about the idols give bk think and wondering if dannny was wereing one of the left over jackets from that show lol..
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #293 on: March 18, 2009, 05:04:48 PM »

This is the Middle Eastern version that Adam talked about. Performed by Dilana of Supernova.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #294 on: March 18, 2009, 05:28:34 PM »

This is the Middle Eastern version that Adam talked about. Performed by Dilana of Supernova.

Oh cool thanks for sharing bonzai

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #295 on: March 18, 2009, 06:34:01 PM »

OOhhhhhhhhhhh Thanks banzai for the video! I remember her now but I didn't watch Rockstar all that much so this version was a shock/surprise.   :hugs:

ETA: I listened to Adam again, I have to say I like his better than Dilana's version. Another shock/surprise.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 10:28:14 PM by TexasLady »

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #296 on: March 18, 2009, 09:25:01 PM »
Another shocker. Alexis Grace was eliminated and the judges decided not to save her after she performed her song again from last night.

I'm sorry to see her leave.  :(
« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 12:24:12 PM by TexasLady »

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #297 on: March 19, 2009, 11:52:11 AM »

Fox Press Release

ALEXIS GRACE IS ELIMINATED FROM THE “AMERICAN IDOL” COMPETITION 

NEXT WEEK’S “AMERICAN IDOL” SHOWS TO AIR ON SPECIAL NIGHTS WEDNESDAY, MARCH 25, AND THURSDAY, MARCH 26, ON FOX SMOKEY ROBINSON AND BERRY GORDY TO HELP CELEBRATE  “50 YEARS OF MOTOWN” WEDNESDAY, MARCH 25

Smokey Robinson and Ruben Studdard to Perform Thursday, March 26

Finalist Alexis Grace was eliminated tonight from AMERICAN IDOL after she received the fewest of America’s over 31 million votes. On Tuesday’s show, finalists performed songs popularized by members of The Grand Ole Opry, and Grace, 21, from Memphis, TN, sang “Jolene” by Dolly Parton.

On a special Wednesday, March 25 (8:00-10:00 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed) performance show, the Top 10 finalists (Kris Allen, Anoop Desai, Matt Giraud, Danny Gokey, Allison Iraheta, Megan Joy, Adam Lambert, Scott MacIntyre, Lil Rounds and Michael Sarver) will return to the IDOL stage to celebrate and pay tribute to “50 Years of Motown” as well as perform classic Motown songs.

Tune in the following night Thursday, March 26 (8:00-9:00 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed) to find out if the judges use their save or if America sends another finalist home. Also, Smokey Robinson will perform, and AMERICAN IDOL winner Ruben Studdard will return to the IDOL stage to perform his new single, “Together.”

Smokey Robinson has been synonymous with the Motown sound since the late 1950s when he first met Motown founder Berry Gordy in Detroit. Gordy took Robinson and The Miracles under his wing, and in 1960, signed them to Motown. Smokey Robinson & the Miracles began turning out a string of hits in the early 1960s, including “Shop Around,” “You Really Got a Hold on Me,” “Ooo Baby Baby” and “I Second That Emotion.” Robinson quickly became involved in every facet of Motown’s operations, writing and producing his own work as well as that of Mary Wells & the Supremes, and he helped establish The Temptations. Robinson left The Miracles in 1971 to concentrate on his role as Vice President of Motown, and the following year, he launched his solo career. Robinson was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1987. A familiar face on the IDOL stage, he performed a medley of his hits with the Top 6 male finalists on the AMERICAN IDOL Season Six finale.

Songwriter, producer, director and entrepreneur Berry Gordy is the man behind the Motown sound and acts such as Diana Ross & the Supremes, Smokey Robinson & the Miracles, Stevie Wonder, The Temptations, The Four Tops, Marvin Gaye, The Jackson 5, Lionel Richie & the Commodores, Martha Reeves & the Vandellas and Gladys Knight & the Pips, Chris Clark, Rick James and Teena Marie. Under his leadership, Motown achieved one of the most significant musical accomplishments and stunning success stories of the 20th century by creating music that broke down barriers in a segregated country, touching all people, regardless of color. Starting out in a house that came to be known as Hitsville, USA, he built Motown into a record company with one of the most impressive rosters of artists in the history of pop music. In the 1960s, Gordy booked his artists on television shows including “American Bandstand” and “The Ed Sullivan Show” and in clubs such as New York’s Copacabana, paving the way for other Motown artists and R&B acts. What Berry Gordy and Motown accomplished in music, television and film had never been achieved before; their contributions to music past, present and future are truly immeasurable.

The distinctive, upbeat and uplifting music of Motown Records brought together pop and soul, white and black, old and young, like never before and continues to this day. Motown broke down racial prejudice by becoming the most successful independent record company in history and the most successful African-American owned business in America. Today, the label is part of the Universal Music Group, with its classic recorded music catalog managed by Universal Music Enterprises, and the timeless songs of Motown from 1959 to 1985 are represented by EMI Music Publishing. Through the end of 2009, Universal Music Group and EMI Music Publishing will mark the 50th anniversary of the historic Detroit label’s musical achievements with a series of initiatives, including monthly music releases.

Since winning the second season of AMERICAN IDOL in 2003, Ruben Studdard’s impact on the music charts has been impressive. His single “Flying Without Wings” debuted at No. 2 on the Hot 100, and his version of “Superstar” peaked at No. 2 on the R&B chart. In December 2003, his first album, “Soulful,” had advance orders of over a million copies, which automatically qualified it for platinum certification and allowed the record to enter The Billboard 200 at No. 1. His follow-up single, “Sorry 2004,” reached No. 9 on the Hot 100 and No. 2 on the R&B chart. Studdard’s new album, “Love IS,” helmed by Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis, is scheduled for release on May 19 through a joint venture with Hickory Records and 19 Recordings. The album is a collection of love songs featuring original recording as well as covers of classic hits.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #298 on: March 19, 2009, 02:32:00 PM »
An interesting article:

David Cook to receive platinum CD on American Idol!

He may have already won the title of American Idol, but David Cook has returned to the show that made him a household name. The rocker, who beat out pop crooner David Archuleta on last season’s competition, performed his new single “Come Back to Me” for a thrilled audience, which will be featured on an upcoming episode of the Fox reality hit. David also received a surprise treat of his own — a platinum album of his self-titled debut CD. “Before Idol, it took me a year to sell 1,000 records, and now I am platinum in three months. Amazing!” a grateful David announced, clearly stunned that he managed to sell 1 million copies in such a short time. Prior to his TV breakthrough, the singer released a slow-selling independent album titled Analog Heart, which now commands up to $500 on eBay. It looks like there’s no stopping this shooting star

Link: http://www.intouchweekly.com/2009/03/david_cook_to_receive_platinum.php

More of the same on EW: http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2009/03/idol-top-11-res.html?xid=rss-feed-tvwatch-%27Idol%27+results+night%3A+On+the+scene

Offline Blondie

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Watch out, I will chop you!!!
« Reply #299 on: March 20, 2009, 08:27:26 AM »
Adam is not weird all the time. This is one of my favorite songs.

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth...AMEN..!!