Author Topic: American Idol Season 8  (Read 119086 times)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Re: American Idol Season 8
« Reply #250 on: March 10, 2009, 12:01:29 AM »
It's tomorrow night. :funny:

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #251 on: March 10, 2009, 11:39:58 AM »
i though the voteing started at the top 24 last year?? i am sooo confused oh well good thing i don't have any one to vote for this yr.. i have allready voted 2000x's once for felica and the frist ricky so my slient protest for them not makeing it in is I AM NOT VOTEING THE REST OF THE SEASON. not that my votes counted i am guessing i am a small fish in a big pond with that deal..still not voteng it will make me fell better and i can talk to ppl and watch tv instead..i get to intence with the voteing thing lol..
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #252 on: March 10, 2009, 01:19:42 PM »
i though the voteing started at the top 24 last year?? i am sooo confused oh well good thing i don't have any one to vote for this yr.. i have allready voted 2000x's once for felica and the frist ricky so my slient protest for them not makeing it in is I AM NOT VOTEING THE REST OF THE SEASON. not that my votes counted i am guessing i am a small fish in a big pond with that deal..still not voteng it will make me fell better and i can talk to ppl and watch tv instead..i get to intence with the voteing thing lol..

Rest your fingers Tory...  :luvya: maybe we'll find someone special to root for as we get into it! I think Felicia came very close to being in the top baker's dozen. Won't it be interesting to see what Adam wears tonight?  :lol: How can he outdo that leather outfit from last week? ???
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #253 on: March 10, 2009, 02:27:45 PM »
TY TL  lol adam probly has a lot of stage clothes, also they get personal wardrob ppl now. so he can get what ever he wants or needs to make a splash or title wave  lol i do love danny so he is giving me a reason to watch i can't wait to see what he sing i hope he wins, he will be the one consistan :hearts: :hearts:t person on this year mark my words..
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #254 on: March 10, 2009, 06:23:07 PM »
I think they'll all get wardrobe and styling now.. and I hope they cut Allison's hair and give it some style and better color.

It's a 2 hour show tonight, and we'll see what they do for Anoop's phone number.  :lol:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #255 on: March 10, 2009, 10:03:16 PM »
I think they'll all get wardrobe and styling now.. and I hope they cut Allison's hair and give it some style and better color.

It's a 2 hour show tonight, and we'll see what they do for Anoop's phone number.  :lol:

:funny: I seriously don't think they will use the old numbers. I've heard many theories, like judges saving one contestant from going through public vote straight away and the 12 numbers stick? But doesn't make sense. :funny:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #256 on: March 10, 2009, 10:27:40 PM »
:funny: I seriously don't think they will use the old numbers. I've heard many theories, like judges saving one contestant from going through public vote straight away and the 12 numbers stick? But doesn't make sense. :funny:

Ryan mentioned several times to be REALLLLLLY careful dialing for the 13th singer. (Alexis Grace.) The number they gave for her is 5736  :lol: He said they figured they were in the top 36 so they went with that number. (Paraphrasing.)  :lol:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #257 on: March 10, 2009, 10:56:11 PM »

Ryan mentioned several times to be REALLLLLLY careful dialing for the 13th singer. (Alexis Grace.) The number they gave for her is 5736  :lol: He said they figured they were in the top 36 so they went with that number. (Paraphrasing.)  :lol:

OMG, i can't wait to watch the top 13 perform! :hearts:

And 5736 is random. Imagine everyone else has 5701-12.. and she has 36! Well, she has something special that past contestants on idol doesn't have then! :funny:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #258 on: March 10, 2009, 10:59:16 PM »
Megan is the VFTW pick. I thought it would be Danny or Adam, with so many negative reports from them that the website is providing..

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #259 on: March 11, 2009, 02:39:44 PM »
well vftw is going to have a realy hard time this yr.jmo i think all the kids / singers r good !!!!i hope tis yr it bk fires on them and it keeps someone we realy like in lol..
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #260 on: March 11, 2009, 03:24:12 PM »
It's funny isn't it.. this year they don't even know who to pick.. no standouts (so to speak) for them!  :funny:

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #261 on: March 11, 2009, 05:52:14 PM »
love love it :yess: :yess:
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #262 on: March 11, 2009, 09:36:30 PM »
It's funny isn't it.. this year they don't even know who to pick.. no standouts (so to speak) for them!  :funny:

I fully agree. EVERYONE is GREAT this year. For example Megan screwed up yesterday, but we all know she's good. All the wildcards are good that's why they advance into the next round with judges approval. The top male and female of each group were good.. and that leaves Kris, Michael and Jorge in really bad shape if you put it this way. But besides Jorge, the other 2 did well too! And we all know Jorge sang well the third top 12 show. So that leaves VFTW with no "worst" candidate to choose from! :funny:

VFTW, PAWNED.

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #263 on: March 12, 2009, 12:49:00 PM »
Yeah, I just love the top 13 this year. Even the ones who didn't perform well aren't terrible, unlike people like *cough* Sanjaya few seasons ago. VFTW should just cease all operations. Or if they really vote for Megan, I won't mind, I like her a lot!
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #264 on: March 12, 2009, 03:35:57 PM »

Fox Press Release

JASMINE MURRAY AND JORGE NUÑEZ ARE ELIMINATED FROM THE “AMERICAN IDOL” COMPETITION

JUDGES’ SAVE ADDS NEW TWIST TO SEASON

RANDY TRAVIS TO MENTOR TOP 11 ON COUNTRY-THEMED SHOW TUESDAY, MARCH 17, ON FOX

Randy Travis, Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley to Perform Wednesday, March 18

Finalists Jasmine Murray and Jorge Nuñez were eliminated tonight from AMERICAN IDOL’s first-ever Top 13 after they received the fewest of America’s nearly 33 million votes. On Tuesday’s performance show, finalists sang music from Michael Jackson’s songbook, and Murray, 17, from Starkville, MS, sang “I’ll Be There,” while Nuñez, 21, from Carolina, PR, performed “Never Can Say Goodbye.”

Tonight, AMERICAN IDOL also announced a new twist in the competition: the Judges’ Save. Up until only five finalists remain, the judges – if they unanimously agree – have the option to save from elimination the finalist receiving the lowest number of votes. The judges do not have to save a finalist during the competition. However, if they choose to use the Judges’ Save, they may only do so once during the season. The following week, the two finalists receiving the lowest number of votes will be eliminated.

On Tuesday, March 17 (8:00-10:00 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed), the Top 11 finalists (Kris Allen, Megan Joy Corkrey, Anoop Desai, Matt Giraud, Danny Gokey, Alexis Grace, Allison Iraheta, Adam Lambert, Scott MacIntyre, Lil Rounds and Michael Sarver) will return to the IDOL stage and perform songs popularized by members of The Grand Ole Opry. In addition, country music superstar Randy Travis joins the Idols as the first mentor of the season.

Tune in the following night Wednesday, March 18 (9:00-10:00 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed) to see if the judges use their save or if America sends another finalist home. Also, Randy Travis and Carrie Underwood will sing “I Told You So” (previously a hit for Travis and now a hit single for Underwood), and Brad Paisley will perform his new single, “Then.”

With more than 23 years on the charts and an Opry member since 1986, Randy Travis is one of the Top 10 best-selling solo country artists of all-time. Since making his debut with 1986’s multi-platinum “Storms of Life,” he has sold over 21 million albums and has 22 No. 1 hits, six Grammy Awards, five Country Music Association (CMA) Awards, nine Academy of Country Music (ACM) Awards and 10 American Music Awards (AMAs). His most recent album, “Around the Bend,” was nominated for two Grammy Awards in 2008. His many hits include “Forever and Ever, Amen,” “Three Wooden Crosses,” “1982,” “Diggin’ Up Bones,” “He Walked on Water,” “Look, Heart, No Hands,” and “Hard Rock Bottom of Your Heart.” In addition to his extraordinary recording career, Travis has appeared in films and on television. His new CD, “I Told You So: The Ultimate Hits of Randy Travis,” will be in stores March 17.

Carrie Underwood was crowned AMERICAN IDOL just four short years ago in 2005, and made her first live performance on the Grand Ole Opry a few weeks later on June 10, 2005. She was invited to become an Opry member by Randy Travis in March 2008, and her official induction took place on May 10, 2008 by Opry member Garth Brooks. Since winning AMERICAN IDOL, Underwood has become one of the most popular performers in the nation. Her debut album, “Some Hearts,” is the biggest selling AMERICAN IDOL debut project to date in the U.S., having sold more than 7 million albums. With the release of her current album, “Carnival Ride,” she has now sold 10 million albums and has had nine No. 1 singles. Underwood has received eight Billboard Awards, six ACM Awards, five CMA Awards, five AMAs, four CMT (Country Music Television) Music Awards, four Grammy Awards, five People’s Choice Awards and two BMI Songwriter Awards.

Brad Paisley recently marked his eighth year as an Opry member, having been inducted by his friend and mentor Steve Wariner on February 17, 2001. The West Virginia native embraces his Opry membership with numerous Opry performances each year and treasured friendships with Opry members, including country legend Little Jimmy Dickens, who has made several appearances in Paisley’s music videos. Paisley is the reigning ACM and CMA Male Vocalist of the Year, and has garnered a record-setting nine consecutive No. 1 singles in addition to another four chart-toppers. He was awarded two Grammy Awards this year and is currently the most nominated artist for the upcoming ACM Awards, with six nods. “The Paisley Party Tour” concludes this week, after having played to over 800,000 fans in seven months. “American Saturday Night,” Paisley’s next CD, will be in stores June 30.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #265 on: March 12, 2009, 08:09:33 PM »
Country week = :groan:

Offline bee1233

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #266 on: March 13, 2009, 02:22:42 AM »
I agree county  :groan: lol

Offline pledge

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #267 on: March 13, 2009, 07:53:46 AM »
I love country    :hides    It's always interesting, however, to hear some contestants try to
sing country.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #268 on: March 13, 2009, 11:14:22 AM »
I love country too, but Simon despises it!  :lol: I feel for the singers, chooooooose wisely little grasshoppers...

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #269 on: March 13, 2009, 12:14:26 PM »
I love country too, but Simon despises it!  :lol: I feel for the singers, chooooooose wisely little grasshoppers...

Please, someone sing some Carrie songs and pull it off. Because pulling off an American Idol winner song = VOTESSSSSS. But screw it, (Lisa Tucker with Because of You).. you're dead. :groan:

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #270 on: March 13, 2009, 03:29:20 PM »
 country week will b awsome is bc i hope adam falls off his pedistol... :funny: :funny:
i am not a country fan but i love carrie and bead is soo cute i for get what he sings caus i don't listen to the country music station in my car.( that is the only time i lestin to the raido), there r some great song though that r cross over songs and i am pretty sure r on the list, it would b awsome to here danny sing a third day song, and one of the girls sing i will allway's love u linda ronsted style, i guess adam could actuly get away with an allmond bro's song, that would actuly be good,oh and if kris sang the switchfoot song from the movie a walk to rember only one, perfict..some one take me to hollie wood so i can help pic song lol..
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #271 on: March 13, 2009, 05:20:57 PM »
Too many good people, you guys are right!  Country is... For the most part not okay!

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #272 on: March 13, 2009, 11:47:00 PM »
It's like the producers thought, "Since the people this season are already good, let's screw up their song choices."
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #273 on: March 14, 2009, 10:03:28 AM »
yea comming out of the gate with mj, realy?? but they allways do this have a country week and an mj week , then they get ppl trying to promote ther new cd's as mentors, and it is there week, and ai makes it look like the mentors spend a lot of time with the contestans but they don't they get like 5 min with them , we see the mentors on tv longer than the contastants get with them..at least it is country music and not a certian country artist. they get more of a choice that way..
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #274 on: March 14, 2009, 11:29:09 AM »
I'm just really looking forward to every week. First time since season 3!