Author Topic: American Idol Season 8  (Read 119132 times)

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: American Idol Season 8
« Reply #225 on: February 26, 2009, 03:20:04 PM »
i wish they had of put felica in the frist round of ppl , some of the best girls r in her group.. and a lot more verity in felicas group last night there was not much, jmo
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #226 on: February 27, 2009, 09:31:22 AM »
i wish they had of put felica in the frist round of ppl , some of the best girls r in her group.. and a lot more verity in felicas group last night there was not much, jmo

You're right Tory, she will have to compete with Lil Rounds. Not good....
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #227 on: March 01, 2009, 12:36:33 PM »
ty tl i am wondering how they came up with thease groups?? so far they have been so not fair..jmo the frist group couldn't hold a tune in a bucket. and the second group all the girls had the same style singing. :meow: :meow: bad producers bad...
i hope they do better in the wild card round.
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #228 on: March 01, 2009, 09:58:21 PM »
ty tl i am wondering how they came up with thease groups?? so far they have been so not fair..jmo the frist group couldn't hold a tune in a bucket. and the second group all the girls had the same style singing. :meow: :meow: bad producers bad...
i hope they do better in the wild card round.

I think whatever group it is, it is all fair and square. You're competing to be the best, not competing to be just as good as the others and see who happened to have the more popularity and move on. Unless you're talking about them putting Adam, Alexis, Danny and Allison in the same group.. which i think producers did make sure they separate those that are really good (based on auditions and judges comments) to make sure that everyone has a fair and sqaure chance to move on. :)

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #229 on: March 02, 2009, 11:28:32 AM »
I can't remember exactly how they moved the groups, but I do remember they moved Tatiana into the first group to balance everything out. 

The wild card show should be great and will be seen on Thursday, March 5th so this is a big week for AI. Final 2 on Wednesday, then the wild card compete on Thursday.   :wohoo:

Kendell Beard from Austin will perform in group 3 as well as your fav Tory, Felicia Barton. As Joab says, everyone performing tomorrow night better be competing to be the best.

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #230 on: March 02, 2009, 03:02:41 PM »
oh for sure they r compeating to b the best..i still don't like the way they put ppl into thease groups?/ if only 3 out of12 go trew based on our votes than the judges / producers have way more power than even the best singers, what if they had put those 3 u mention in the same group?? it would not have been fare i don't think it was a good idea to put all those same stly girl in one group except alex's what if she had been in the sceond group with , the 16 yr old who went trew, they both sang great but what if one did not make the cut, and allsoi realy don't think the oil riging guy should b in a spot he was not good at all i love him and his story but...out of the last 2 groups i can name 4 guys who should b in that seat enstead of him, jmo :duno: :duno: :knuckles: :knuckles:
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #231 on: March 02, 2009, 09:54:40 PM »
I know tory, but if you're good you'll move on. As with Adam, Allison, Alexis and Danny.

Kris and Michael moving on.. i didn't really like it as i thought there should have been more deserving singers like Ricky and Megan moving on from both groups.. but you can't deny that as much as this is a singing contest (greatest one ever too!).. this is a popularity contest as well. If not, Melinda would have won Season 6 hands down.

So i guess this voting is actually good, as the most popular (guy and girl) moves on.. and not only that.. the next popular guy/girl has to be able to sing well and make an impression.. for them to be able to move the audience and make them vote for them. And to make up for this shortcoming that good singers are missed, they have a wildcard too! So all in all.. if you sing good.. you'll make it to the top 12 without a doubt. This is even better than the Season 4 to Season 7 voting style.. IMO. :tup:

Because we're all actually voting for just a few memorable singers to move on.. for Season 4 to Season 7.. the people in the top 12 were really unmemorable due to the voting method. Nobody remembered what song they sang to deserve/put them in the top 12. But till now, i still can remember people from past seasons with this similar voting method.. (Amy Adams, Jon Peter Lewis, Josh Gracin and a whole load of others.. which is amazing now that anyone can still remember their names!)

I'm actually with this voting style. That makes VFTW.com very pissed as it makes it so much difficult to put their pick through each week. :funny:
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 09:58:57 PM by Joab »

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #232 on: March 03, 2009, 09:25:47 AM »
I'm actually with this voting style. That makes VFTW.com very pissed as it makes it so much difficult to put their pick through each week.

If they are against it, then I'm for it!!!   :lol:

Two hour show tonight! Whoohoo!!!  :hearts:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #233 on: March 03, 2009, 09:57:54 AM »
I'm actually with this voting style. That makes VFTW.com very pissed as it makes it so much difficult to put their pick through each week.

If they are against it, then I'm for it!!!   :lol:

Two hour show tonight! Whoohoo!!!  :hearts:

They know the fact that they can't beat America to get the top guy/girl.. so they just had to hell get their pick to have the third highest vote, which is IMPOSSIBLE. :neener:

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #234 on: March 03, 2009, 12:03:47 PM »
you r right if it gets vftw to come to a hault it is defff worth it... they have screwed this contste up for to many years, way over it.. i realy like the way they do the voteing on dwts. it gives the judges some power and we only get to vote a certin amount of time from one phone. i love AI but i realy think they trive or get something off of how many votes r generated each week. that is y they don't change it..my guy chris richardson got to 5th on seasom 6 and i voted one ng for 4 hrs stright.. huuuu and he still got voted off with phill stacy 2 weeks later rember idol gives bk omg, jmo a lot of hyp and it took away from the contestants those weeks and i voted 8 hrs 2 weeks in a row just to have chris voted off .. sry i ranted..
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #235 on: March 03, 2009, 12:28:28 PM »
Anyway, VFTW just ruined another Idol contestant.

Adam Lambert is the new victim, with rumours and evidence that he's gay.

VFTW = Hateful bunch of losers

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #236 on: March 03, 2009, 01:05:53 PM »
Are we getting Wild Card up tonight as well? :duno:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #237 on: March 03, 2009, 04:15:35 PM »

My hubby doesn't like me to say I hate something.. but I really hate VFTW!   :groan:

Joab, Tonight is a 2 hour show with Group 3 singing, tomorrow night the results show and then the wild card show is Thursday night. Final 12 selected.  :jumpy:

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #238 on: March 03, 2009, 04:23:57 PM »
iam getting my voting finger ready for tonight... :hearts: :hearts: vftw y if idol is so big can't they get the ips add for them and shut them down??
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #239 on: March 03, 2009, 06:00:08 PM »
I have visions of Tory exercising her dialing fingers.   :tup:   :lol:

So far VFTW has not had have much influence this year and that is a good thing! Who would want their "endorsement" by being the target of the worst of the bunch being pushed along.  :elvis:

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #240 on: March 03, 2009, 06:36:06 PM »
can u c me lol TL .. :tup: :tup: :tup:one two three.and hang up lol rember u can start voting when the last person starts singing.. i am going to vote as long as they wil let me tonight... :knuckles: :tup: :tup: :tup: :yess:
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #241 on: March 03, 2009, 07:00:40 PM »
You go girl!! FE-LI-C-IA!!!!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #242 on: March 03, 2009, 08:59:09 PM »

My hubby doesn't like me to say I hate something.. but I really hate VFTW!   :groan:

Joab, Tonight is a 2 hour show with Group 3 singing, tomorrow night the results show and then the wild card show is Thursday night. Final 12 selected.  :jumpy:

That's really great! I liked it that they didn't gave all contestants equal amount of time for wildcard! :yess:

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #243 on: March 04, 2009, 06:10:18 PM »
so tl u think ricky is bk for the wild card round yea...i think felica did her thing last night.. i voted 1,070 x's i think i tryed to count..lol i wrote more on the other tread..
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #244 on: March 04, 2009, 07:07:54 PM »
so tl u think ricky is bk for the wild card round yea...i think felica did her thing last night.. i voted 1,070 x's i think i tryed to count..lol i wrote more on the other tread..

I think he will be back for another round. We'll know in an hour because Ryan just said we'll get more insight into the wild card session (Maybe we'll know names....)

From the other thread: The rumor mills say Anoop Desai, Ricky Braddy and Matt Girard are back in town so they can have another chance on Thursday, wild card round.

Source: http://www.joesplaceblog.com/2009/03/03/guess-whos-in-los-angeles-wildcard-spoiler/

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #245 on: March 04, 2009, 08:31:46 PM »
ricky in felica out yea and booooo hooo
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #246 on: March 04, 2009, 10:06:38 PM »
ricky in felica out yea and booooo hooo

Sorry Tory!  :hugs:

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #247 on: March 05, 2009, 07:03:27 PM »
ty tl i have been stewing all day over this i am soo upset megan is cute and the red hedish girl i can't rember except she did not sing very well.. so how in the world can they call them selfs judges oh yea they make the big bucks.. i don't c how ricky can make it trew they have to have there ballance of girls and boys i am going to watch tonight but imight jump on the vftw band wagon i am that mad.. and didn't felica sing the same song as megan?? and blew her away megan 's nerves got to her but y should she get another chance over some one who pulled of there preformance??
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #248 on: March 07, 2009, 11:26:55 AM »

American Idol Season 8

Released by Fox

KELLY CLARKSON RETURNS TO THE “AMERICAN IDOL” STAGE WEDNESDAY, MARCH 11, ON FOX

Season One AMERICAN IDOL winner and superstar recording artist Kelly Clarkson returns to the IDOL stage to perform her new hit single, “My Life Would Suck Without You,” on the AMERICAN IDOL results show Wednesday, March 11 (9:00-10:00 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed) on FOX.

“My Life Would Suck Without You” was released on January 28 and dominated the Billboard Hot 100 chart for two weeks in a row. In February, the song catapulted from No. 97 to No. 1 on the Hot 100 chart in only one week, which marks the largest leap in the chart’s 50-year history. Clarkson previously held the No. 1 spot on the Hot 100 with her single, “A Moment Like This.” Since winning the first season of AMERICAN IDOL in 2002, Clarkson has sold 20 million albums worldwide. She is the recipient of two Grammy Awards, two American Music Awards, two MTV Awards and 11 Billboard Awards. Her new album, “All I Ever Wanted,” hits stores on March 10.

On Tuesday, March 10 (8:00-10:00 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed), the Top 13 will take the stage for the first time and battle it out live for the IDOL crown. Tune in the following night Wednesday, March 11 (9:00-10:00 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed) to the live results show to see Clarkson perform her hit single and to find out who receives enough votes to stay in the competition and who is sent home.

American Idol Season 8

Released by Fox

GRAMMY AWARD-WINNING SUPERSTAR KANYE WEST TO PERFORM ON “AMERICAN IDOL” WEDNESDAY, MARCH 11, ON FOX

International superstar and 12-time Grammy Award winner Kanye West will perform his hit single, “Heartless,” on the AMERICAN IDOL results show Wednesday, March 11 (9:00-10:00 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed) on FOX.

West’s fourth consecutive chart-topping album, “808s & Heartbreak,” was released in November 2008 and has sold over 1.5 million copies to date. He has received numerous accolades for his latest album, and “Heartless” has been at the top of the charts for 16 weeks and counting.

On Tuesday, March 10 (8:00-10:00 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed), the Top 13 will take the stage for the first time and battle it out live for the IDOL crown. Tune in the following night Wednesday, March 11 (9:00-10:00 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed) to the live results show to see West perform and to find out who receives enough votes to stay in the competition and who is sent home.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #249 on: March 09, 2009, 10:20:32 PM »
 :ascared  Not good  :lol:

Idol Voting System Faces a Sex-Rated Problem

Unless American Idol producers come up with a quick fix, viewers calling in to cast their vote Tuesday night run the risk of getting a racy earful — and we don't mean of a Beyoncé cover.

As has served them fine in the past, Idol has locked up a dozen extensions of the toll-free number 1-866-IDOLS — namely, suffixes 01 through 12.

But because this season features a Top 13 versus 12, Idol will need an extra number to call into. Problem is, 1-866-IDOLS-13 (as well as 1-866-IDOLS-00) directs the caller to a phone-sex service. And based on the prerecorded come-on, significantly more than standard messages rates apply, Ryan.

Unless Idol figures out a solution and gets the word out — and fast and loud — callers to 1-866-IDOLS-13 will be invited to spend $1.99 to $3.99 per minute to get "nasty talk" with "real local students, housewives and working girls from all over the country." And worse, they might not be able to cast their vote for Jorge's eyebrows.

Will Idol scramble to buy out the XXX-rated suffixes from teleservice provider Intimate Encounters, Inc.? Or will the show's producers toss aside their long-standing digits and scrape together 13 other numbers to dial? The Idol publicity team has yet to respond to TVGuide.com's request for comment.

http://www.tvguide.com/American-Idol/Idol-Voting-Faces-1003848.aspx