Author Topic: American Idol Season 8  (Read 119115 times)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Re: American Idol Season 8
« Reply #200 on: February 19, 2009, 09:53:24 PM »
There were 4 groups, 1 sent home. Now we're seeing each of the 3 groups of 12. Once we vote 3 from each group, there will be 9 chosen by America. Then and I'm not sure how it will work, there will be a wild card show and the final 3 will be picked to make the final 12. It is confusing!  :duno:

I believe i read 3 from each group that didn't make it to the top 12 by America's votes will be picked. Actually not making it to the top 12 by America's vote for Ricky might be good. What he needed was really screentime, and since this wildcard round (i'm sure judges will give it to him) he's definitely going to shine again (and advance as a judges pick and maybe gain some supporters as well).. this might be better than him than advancing through straight yesterday. Because Clay Aiken did came in 2nd and Jennifer Hudson did show that people just need to be given a second chance to shine and change. You never know what might happen to him having to go through another wildcard round of singing.. he might impress us and America so much and become a frontrunner of the show.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #201 on: February 20, 2009, 07:38:01 AM »
I believe i read 3 from each group that didn't make it to the top 12 by America's votes will be picked. Actually not making it to the top 12 by America's vote for Ricky might be good. What he needed was really screentime, and since this wildcard round (i'm sure judges will give it to him) he's definitely going to shine again (and advance as a judges pick and maybe gain some supporters as well).. this might be better than him than advancing through straight yesterday. Because Clay Aiken did came in 2nd and Jennifer Hudson did show that people just need to be given a second chance to shine and change. You never know what might happen to him having to go through another wildcard round of singing.. he might impress us and America so much and become a frontrunner of the show.

Good points Joab!  :tup: I'm certain he and Anoop will be wild card choices from the judges. It makes total sense, each judge could choose 3 singers for a total of 12.
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #202 on: February 20, 2009, 08:51:33 AM »

Good points Joab!  :tup: I'm certain he and Anoop will be wild card choices from the judges. It makes total sense, each judge could choose 3 singers for a total of 12.

I think it might be 3 from each round only, with 3 of the 9 making it through.. but i believe 12 would be a good number anyway! ;D

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #203 on: February 20, 2009, 09:17:08 AM »
From a Fox news release:

"... For three consecutive Tuesdays including:   February 17 (8/7c), February 24 (8/7c) and March 3 (8/7c), 12 different semifinalists will perform each night in the hopes of moving on to the Top 12.   Each week during the LIVE results shows airing Wednesdays:   February 18 (8/7c), February 25 (8/7c) and March 4 (8/7c), the three finalists with the highest number of America's votes -- one male, one female and the next top vote getter -- will secure coveted spots in the Top 12.

On Thursday, March 5 (8/7c), American Idol presents a special "Wild Card" episode featuring the judges' favorite remaining contestants.   After each of the contestants performs, the judges will select the three final contestants who will round out the Top 12."

Source: http://www.americanidol.com/news/view/?pid=1500

You may be right Joab. We'll find out on Thursday, March 5th. 

:hearts:  :wohoo: :jumpy:

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #204 on: February 20, 2009, 10:42:15 AM »
oh ty ty ty u guys r awsome this was the question that was rolling around in my head..and joab u found the andswer for me .. yea i don't have to search on other mb.. :kuss: :kuss: :kuss: :hearts: :hearts: it all makes sence now...
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #205 on: February 20, 2009, 11:38:21 AM »
oh ty ty ty u guys r awsome this was the question that was rolling around in my head..and joab u found the andswer for me .. yea i don't have to search on other mb.. :kuss: :kuss: :kuss: :hearts: :hearts: it all makes sence now...

You're welcome! I seriously hope they will have a surprise and somehow bring more than 12 people back to the show. In Singapore, our season of Singapore Idol had more than 10 good singers that the judges just had to open up the top 10 spot to top 12 to include in another 2 more singers from the wildcard round, because it was actually previously stated that only 1 would make it through. And they just changed it such that the first two episodes of the top 12, 2 instead of 1 contestant with the lowest vote will be eliminated, thus not messing up the season plan for finale or what.

I'm really hoping that if there's overflowing of talent, they should do this..  :tup:

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #206 on: February 20, 2009, 12:06:32 PM »
yea i realy think ricky sang better than mike but jmo.. and i still have the cd of chris richardson sing the song mike sang i for got how i got it.. i have all the songs he sang that season 6 irealy don't no how i get thing some times lol..so u r in singapor wow and sry my spelling is horrable.
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #207 on: February 20, 2009, 12:27:17 PM »
yea i realy think ricky sang better than mike but jmo.. and i still have the cd of chris richardson sing the song mike sang i for got how i got it.. i have all the songs he sang that season 6 irealy don't no how i get thing some times lol..so u r in singapor wow and sry my spelling is horrable.

It's okay tory, i think your posts are cute after some time. :kuss:

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #208 on: February 20, 2009, 02:33:37 PM »

how sweet of u to say that. thank you sooooooo much :-[ :-[ :jumpy: :jumpy:
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #209 on: February 20, 2009, 07:10:28 PM »
Tory is our RFF girl reporter for V. Beach and surrounding counties!  :hugs:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #210 on: February 20, 2009, 09:01:57 PM »

how sweet of u to say that. thank you sooooooo much :-[ :-[ :jumpy: :jumpy:

:jumpy: :hearts: :wohoo: :jam: Rock on!

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #211 on: February 21, 2009, 10:41:58 AM »
va beach and beond lol..just wait till bb starts omg... :yess:
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #212 on: February 23, 2009, 09:50:37 PM »
Note! Show Date Changes because of the President's address.

Wednesday, February 24: AMERICAN IDOL - ALL-NEW / 2-HOURS / SPECIAL DAY AND TIME"
2nd Group of 12 Perform"

**SPECIAL 2-HOUR EPISODE**
-- "AMERICAN IDOL" -- (8:00-10:00 PM ET live / PT tape-delayed)

AMERICA GETS A LOOK AT THE NEXT SET OF SEMI-FINALISTS ON AN ALL-NEW "AMERICAN IDOL" WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 25, ON FOX - AIRING ON THIS SPECIAL DAY AND TIME

IDOL Results Show will air THURSDAY Feb. 26 at 8pm ET/PT

Last week, the first 12 semi-finalists performed, and three contestants moved on to the Top 12. Tonight's episode features performances by the second group of 12 semi-finalists, and America will vote for their favorites. Tune in to the "2nd Group of 12 Perform" episode of AMERICAN IDOL Wednesday, Feb. 25 (8:00-10:00 PM live ET / tape delayed PT) on FOX. (ID-817/818) (TV-PG; D, L) CC-HDTV 720p-In Stereo [VIEWER'S NOTE 1: LIE TO ME is preempted this evening.]

[VIEWER'S NOTE 2: AMERICAN IDOL Results Show is preempted this night and will air on Thursday.]

Host: Ryan Seacrest
Judges: Paula Abdul, Simon Cowell, Kara DioGuardi and Randy Jackson

Thursday February 25: AMERICAN IDOL "3 More Finalists Chosen" - 8 \ 7c

-- "AMERICAN IDOL RESULTS SHOW" -- (8:00-9:00 PM ET live / PT tape-delayed)

THREE FINALISTS CHOSEN TONIGHT ON AN ALL-NEW "AMERICAN IDOL" THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 26, ON FOX - AIRING ON THIS SPECIAL DAY AND TIME

On tonight's live results show, the 12 semi-finalists who performed Tuesday night will return to the stage to find out their fate. America's votes will be revealed and three finalists (highest male vote-getter, highest female vote-getter and next highest vote-getter) will move on in the competition, while nine semi-finalists will go home. Tune-in to AMERICAN IDOL Thursday, Feb. 26 (8:00-9:00 PM ET live / PT tape-delayed) on FOX. (ID2-817/818A) (TV-PG; D, L) CC-HDTV 720p-In Stereo [VIEWER'S NOTE: BONES is preempted this night.]

Source: http://www.fox.com/schedule.htm?src=menu_item_schedule
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 07:09:52 AM by TexasLady »

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #213 on: February 24, 2009, 10:28:22 AM »
Note! Show Date Changes because of the President's address.

Wednesday, February 24: AMERICAN IDOL - ALL-NEW / 2-HOURS / SPECIAL DAY AND TIME"
2nd Group of 12 Perform"

**SPECIAL 2-HOUR EPISODE**
-- "AMERICAN IDOL" -- (8:00-10:00 PM ET live / PT tape-delayed)

AMERICA GETS A LOOK AT THE NEXT SET OF SEMI-FINALISTS ON AN ALL-NEW "AMERICAN IDOL" WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 25, ON FOX - AIRING ON THIS SPECIAL DAY AND TIME

IDOL Results Show will air THURSDAY Feb. 26 at 8pm ET/PT

Last week, the first 12 semi-finalists performed, and three contestants moved on to the Top 12. Tonight's episode features performances by the second group of 12 semi-finalists, and America will vote for their favorites. Tune in to the "2nd Group of 12 Perform" episode of AMERICAN IDOL Wednesday, Feb. 25 (8:00-10:00 PM live ET / tape delayed PT) on FOX. (ID-817/818) (TV-PG; D, L) CC-HDTV 720p-In Stereo [VIEWER'S NOTE 1: LIE TO ME is preempted this evening.]

[VIEWER'S NOTE 2: AMERICAN IDOL Results Show is preempted this night and will air on Thursday.]

Thursday February 25: AMERICAN IDOL "3 More Finalists Chosen" - 8 \ 7c

-- "AMERICAN IDOL RESULTS SHOW" -- (8:00-9:00 PM ET live / PT tape-delayed)

THREE FINALISTS CHOSEN TONIGHT ON AN ALL-NEW "AMERICAN IDOL" THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 26, ON FOX - AIRING ON THIS SPECIAL DAY AND TIME

On tonight's live results show, the 12 semi-finalists who performed Tuesday night will return to the stage to find out their fate. America's votes will be revealed and three finalists (highest male vote-getter, highest female vote-getter and next highest vote-getter) will move on in the competition, while nine semi-finalists will go home. Tune-in to AMERICAN IDOL Thursday, Feb. 26 (8:00-9:00 PM ET live / PT tape-delayed) on FOX. (ID2-817/818A) (TV-PG; D, L) CC-HDTV 720p-In Stereo [VIEWER'S NOTE: BONES is preempted this night.]

Source: http://www.fox.com/schedule.htm?src=menu_item_schedule

the nine  will go home??? it is in that last paragraph...
 this stinks!!!! i hate the way they r doing the top 12 this year..
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #214 on: February 24, 2009, 11:30:52 AM »
They will literally go home.. meaning they are eliminated. But they won't go home if they are picked for wild card right? ;D

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #215 on: February 24, 2009, 11:47:17 AM »
how can they get picked for wild card if they r home??? also after the next 2 groups there will b 12 all ready?? i think it is un fair this season if they don't do some wild cards. but i have heard no mention of it ecept the one artical TL found..and i no it is out there but please help me make sence of how they will or even if they r going to do a wild card, one min i think i fuigered it out and then ...i am confused again???? :jam: :jam: :jam:
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #216 on: February 24, 2009, 12:10:01 PM »
I think we started to be confused with the final 36. After Thursday, there will be 6 of the 12 chosen with one more group to perform. The 3 groups puts through 9. With the wild card show, the final 3 will be added to make the 12 that will go on to compete.

I'm withholding my judgment until the wild card show to see if it actually does make the competition better.  :flirt:

(Just do NOT bring back that laughing hyena! Tatiana!)

:angel: :lala :hides :girly :-X :tantrum :popcorn: :crazy

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #217 on: February 24, 2009, 12:43:28 PM »
I think we started to be confused with the final 36. After Thursday, there will be 6 of the 12 chosen with one more group to perform. The 3 groups puts through 9. With the wild card show, the final 3 will be added to make the 12 that will go on to compete.

I'm withholding my judgment until the wild card show to see if it actually does make the competition better.  :flirt:

TL U R MY HERO!!! once again u have brought me bk from the bring of an ai melt down.OMG!!!!

ps i love the hiding under a chair i commented on it on the bb thread. i said come out from under that chair tl i love big brother , lol omg
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #218 on: February 25, 2009, 06:46:29 PM »

TL U R MY HERO!!! once again u have brought me bk from the bring of an ai melt down.OMG!!!!

ps i love the hiding under a chair i commented on it on the bb thread. i said come out from under that chair tl i love big brother , lol omg

For some reason I just liked watching Tatiana.  She was a fun character in the season.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #219 on: February 25, 2009, 10:11:41 PM »
WOW! What do we think about this evening's performance?

Offline pledge

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #220 on: February 25, 2009, 10:30:30 PM »
WOW! What do we think about this evening's performance?

YIKES   I'm just now watching ...... the first three contestants ...... not good    hopefully it gets
better

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #221 on: February 25, 2009, 10:43:57 PM »
It gets better Pledge.  :tup:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #222 on: February 25, 2009, 11:56:07 PM »
I'm only getting the show tonight.. will post my comments later!! CAN'T WAIT!! :jumpy:

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #223 on: February 26, 2009, 10:56:39 AM »
i think this group was way better than last weeks group as a whole, they were more on key and had a lot more confadance.
i was dissapointed that all the girls except a few sing the same bluesy/ jazzy sound i like that but is that all they r going to give us this season, caus alexis all ready got trough and the other girl that was the best jmo last night was that 16 yr old who sang alone, very hard song to sing btw.. and carrie under wood nailed it on her season..i love that song so if some one messes it up i will :groan: :groan:..i did not vote last night caus i am resting my finger for next week when felica barton takes the stage..now she doesn't sing the bluesy/jazzy sound so i hope that goes a longgggg way.
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #224 on: February 26, 2009, 03:03:31 PM »
My unofficial list for Group 3 singing next week, March 3rd:

Arianna Afsar
Felicia Barton
Kendall Beard
Kristen McNamara
Lil Rounds
Taylor Vaifanua

Alexander Wagner-Trugman
Jorge Nunez
Ju'not Joyner
Nathaniel Marshall
Scott MacIntyre
Von Smith