Author Topic: American Idol Season 8  (Read 119096 times)

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: American Idol Season 8
« Reply #75 on: January 13, 2009, 10:39:51 AM »
An interesting article:

`Idol' returns with the good, the bad, the bikini

The flat notes, the sweet surprises, the pleas of the rejected are all intact as "American Idol" returns for its eighth season of first-class karaoke.

A new twist is the bikini-clad contestant who splits the judges straight down the gender line in the debut episode.

Fox previewed the show Monday night for TV critics who simply couldn't wait 24 hours to see it air. The rest of America can judge for itself from 8-10 p.m. Tuesday.

The episode opens with auditions taped in Phoenix and features newcomer Kara DioGuardi, who joins Paula Abdul, Simon Cowell and Randy Jackson on the judging panel.

DioGuardi immediately distinguished herself by throwing down with the willowy woman in the very orange, very small bikini. DioGuardi, a songwriter-producer who also knows how to belt a tune, sang a few bars to show the contestant how it should have been done.

"Honestly, you don't have the chops to sing that song, sweetie," DioGuardi told her.

"But your demonstration wasn't any better," the woman snapped back.

Not diplomatic, Abdul cautioned, jumping into the fray.

But the male judges were definitely impressed.

"Beautiful," Cowell pronounced after hearing just a few bars.

From Jackson: "I think you have a have a lot of potential. I'm going to say yes."

That bikini is going to Hollywood and the next round of auditions.

Not so lucky was the extremely nervous man who was sweating as if he knew the executioner's ax hovered.

"You look like you're in pain or something," Cowell told him.

The British music producer was his usual amusing, acidic self. Jackson appeared loose and eager for another season, chair-dancing to the rhythm of more than one bad singer.

Definitely no, Jackson told one contestant, then added gleefully, "Man, that was wild!"

A pink cowboy-hatted teenager pleaded for another shot.

"Please, I'm shaking in my boots here," she pleaded, charmingly.

Boots, it turns out, are not as persuasive as a bathing suit.

Link to the article: http://breakingnews.nypost.com/dynamic/stories/T/TV_AMERICAN_IDOL_PREVIEW?SITE=NYNYP&SECTION=ENTERTAINMENT

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #76 on: January 13, 2009, 06:30:18 PM »
An interesting article:

Idol Judge Kara DioGuardi Is Engaged

As the eighth season of American Idol premieres Tuesday, new judge Kara DioGuardi has some big news: She's getting hitched!

DioGuardi, 38, and Mike McCuddy, 34, were engaged Dec. 8 while on vacation in Mexico, DioGuardi's rep confirms to PEOPLE.

But don't expect wedding bells for the duo too soon. Adds the rep: "No wedding date has been planned."

So just who is Mike McCuddy? He's a former school teacher-turned-general-contractor. And, he's also a dad, according to a New York Times bio of DioGuardi, meaning she won't just be a new wife, she'll also be a new stepmom!

Link to the article: http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20252291,00.html

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #77 on: January 14, 2009, 01:33:00 AM »

TL I just finished watching  :sucks the premiere was pretty good I enjoyed it

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #78 on: January 14, 2009, 12:35:02 PM »
An interesting article:

'Idol' premiere ratings huge, and lowest yet

"American Idol" had its lowest-rated premiere to date -- and Fox is likely thrilled.

The eighth season debut of the massively popular singing competition lost about 10% of its audience this year and a bit more (-16%) in the adult demo.

“Idol” was seen by 30.1 million viewers, with an 11.6 preliminary rating among adults 18-49 and 28 share. That's the lowest since the show's non-comparable series debut in the summer of 2002. Among total viewers, its the lowest since a special Monday start in 2004 (30.0 million).

Given that the previous “Idol” has endured declines the last two years (and that many TV shows lost steeper percentages when they premiered this season) the figure represents an expected drop that the network should be relived is not greater.

Much second guessing has been made over "Idol" format changes this year.  But tweaks such as adding a fourth judge and fewer flop auditions represent the tried and true way of freshening reality hits -- heavily promoted minor variations that don't alter the show's core format. If anything, “Idol” was at a greater risk of decline if Fox had left the show untouched.

CBS came in second place, NBC third and ABC fourth. CBS dramas “NCIS” (18.5 million, 3.7/9) and “The Mentalist” (18.1 million, 3.8/9) held up well against “Idol,” both drawing ratings on par with their other performances this season, though down when ranked against their most recent airings.

The second week of NBC’s “The Biggest Loser” took a hit against Fox’s juggernaut, down 27% from its premiere. Yet "Loser" was up 10% in the slot compared to last year. The second week of ABC’s “Homeland Security” (6.0 million, 1.8/5, down 22%) and “Scrubs” (4.5 million, 2.2/5, down a disappointing 29%) also dropped.

Link to the article: http://www.thrfeed.com/2009/01/idol-premiere-ratings-2009.html

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #79 on: January 14, 2009, 04:43:47 PM »
Just a few thoughts about the first night of auditions.

There are only a few from last night that I remember. The bikini babe... (Not good) The sweet and adorable 16 year old, I think she'll go far in the competition. Stevie Nicks namesake, beautiful eyes, and the blind fellow. (Scott?) 
I think Scott (if I have his name right) sings OK, but I wonder how they will work around him when they have the group song routine, he also has the handicap of being able to engage the audience while singing which might prove to be a hindrance, his forte might be singing at the piano. (Just my opinion of course..)

I forgot about the tattooed girl who sang Barracuda Girl, then Alone, I liked the 2nd song far better than Barracuda.

What are your thoughts?
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #80 on: January 14, 2009, 05:04:51 PM »

I thought it was pretty good night the good ones were good and the bad were just awful

but OMG the nervous fellow Michael Gurr I hope I never see and hear that again

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #81 on: January 14, 2009, 05:19:41 PM »

I thought it was pretty good night the good ones were good and the bad were just awful

but OMG the nervous fellow Michael Gurr I hope I never see and hear that again

On the nervous guy, same here.  :funny:

It was amusing to watch the Hollywood ticket holders jump into the pool. Wanna bet they weren't holding their REAL Hollywood pass?   :snicker:

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #82 on: January 14, 2009, 05:54:08 PM »

On the nervous guy, same here.  :funny:

It was amusing to watch the Hollywood ticket holders jump into the pool. Wanna bet they weren't holding their REAL Hollywood pass?   :snicker:

:stare

Are you ready for more tonight  :popcorn:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #83 on: January 15, 2009, 11:52:19 AM »
I sure was Marigold! I had pen and paper ready last night.  Looking over my list, I can't wait to see more of  Lil Rounds  the very last singer for the night. She really does remind me of Fantasia and unlike Melinda who had a wonderful voice, Rounds has confidence in herself, she projects class.

Jamar and Danny Gokey, two friends were both good, Gokey especially. Another one to watch, Anoop Desai. Anoop Dog.  :lol: That one doesn't do it. Randy needs to come up with a better catch phrase.  ;)

Cheer leaders for Andrew Lang, will we see them again at the Finale?  :lol:

Wasn't Michael Castro, brother of Jason Castro surprisingly good? It will be interesting to see how he progresses.

One more, the sisters Asia and India Morrison, Asia, no, not a chance but her sister India was good. Not sure how far she will progress but she probably will make the top 24.

There were others who got the golden pass to Hollywood, but for the most part they don't strike me as outstanding.

What do y'all think so far?

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #84 on: January 15, 2009, 12:34:01 PM »

I sure was Marigold! I had pen and paper ready last night. 

:hearts: Oh you smart cookie you thanks for keeping track

There are sooo many of them it's hard to remember all of their names

I enjoyed last nights episode I wonder what RudyRules opinion is I hope she gets her internet set up soon  :sucks

Offline pledge

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #85 on: January 15, 2009, 04:50:36 PM »
Pen and Paper ...... very smart Texas Lady   :waves:     I need to do that because I get the names and faces all mixed up by the end of the two hours.  I agree with you on the ones you mentioned.  I didn't watch the first night so not familar with any of them.   

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #86 on: January 16, 2009, 07:29:08 AM »
I'm glad they are bringing back the wildcard round! Jennifer Hudson PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wohoo:

But let's hope there's not any Jennifer Hudson elimination this time!!

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #87 on: January 16, 2009, 10:22:39 PM »
Just watched the show. I have to say, I like Kara DioGuardi. Although the auditions are fun to watch, I especially enjoyed it this time because there wasn't much focus on the gimmicky people.
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #88 on: January 16, 2009, 10:44:17 PM »
Just watched the show. I have to say, I like Kara DioGuardi. Although the auditions are fun to watch, I especially enjoyed it this time because there wasn't much focus on the gimmicky people.

I completely agree with you tweaking the show really helped

Kara seems like a good addition to the show
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 02:57:16 AM by marigold »

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #89 on: January 16, 2009, 11:17:22 PM »
I just didn't like the top 24 format and double eliminations until top 12. How many talents have we lost when the contestants haven't prove themselves and are eliminated already before the top 12? :(

I was hoping they could have an America voted top 8 and let each judge choose who they want to pick to the top 12.

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #90 on: January 17, 2009, 10:31:28 PM »
I think they changed the format this season, so hopefully, the real talents get chosen well.
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #91 on: January 18, 2009, 04:37:19 PM »
Hi Pledge!!!  :-* Hello Joab and Raymond!  :waves:

I like the addition of the new judge, she brings expertise and balance between the other three. (Simon will always have the final say when he wants someone gone, he'll doom them with the KOD.)

I truly hope we never have another season with a contestant like Sanjaya. His loony backers kept him when other more worthy people got the boot.  :(

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #92 on: January 19, 2009, 11:25:48 PM »
An interesting article:

Return of ‘Idol’ a Win for Darnell

Fox Exec, Pleased With Ratings, Has Surprises in Store

Fox’s Mike Darnell is breathing again.

After months of nervous anticipation, the network’s president of alternative entertainment finally was able to relax—a bit—after successfully launching the eighth season of “American Idol” last week. Ratings were down a tad, but in an era of double-digit declines, most TV industry observers interpreted the results as a major victory for Mr. Darnell and Fox’s marketing team.

In an exclusive one-on-one interview with TelevisionWeek deputy editor and columnist Josef Adalian, Mr. Darnell talks about the ratings, hints at surprises “Idol” has in store this season and reveals what he really thought about NBC’s much-maligned Rosie O’Donnell variety special.

An edited transcript of the Q&A follows.

TVWeek: So the eighth season of “American Idol” premiered to really good ratings. Thoughts on the launch?

Mr. Darnell: Overall it’s thrilling to see any show come back at these numbers. And for the biggest show on TV to do it is almost shocking in this environment. We worked our butts off to make some changes … and it seems to be having an impact. … And the difference between this show (and No. 2 series ‘Grey’s Anatomy’) is just amazing.

TVWeek: Do you think the current mood of the country played a role in how the show did?

Mr. Darnell: I’m not a big fan of the idea of the world at large affecting entertainment. I don’t think your tastes change in times of crisis. If you like hamburger, you like hamburger. But I do think there is a desire for comfort food right now, which is one reason CBS is doing well.

TVWeek: Talk about what you have done in advance of this season to make sure that the ratings remain as solid as possible.

Mr. Darnell: Well, we’ve done everything we can. Of course we added a fourth judge and we’re hoping that that changes the dynamic a bit, because what we’ve noticed with her is that she’s very good. She’s aggressive, she will fight with Simon, she’ll bond with Paula, she’ll fight with Paula, and what it’s doing is it’s taking the group dynamic and changing it. And I think the audience is ready for that.

They don’t say the same things over and over again, because she’s inserted a different voice and that just by itself has made it more–sort of new, and it really is working so far. We’re also going back to a raw feel. You know, maybe the show became a little too sterilized as far as, ‘Kid gets up, kid sings, kid walks off.’ Plus we’ll be doing more behind-the-scenes stuff with the kids, and they’re going to live in a house, so if anything–if sparks fly there, we’ll show some of that. We’re hoping to get more of who they are–more of the reality version, to be honest with you. It makes the show tick.

TVWeek: Can we expect surprises as the season goes along?

Mr. Darnell: Yeah. There’s a big surprise coming when we get to the top 12, but I can’t reveal it right now.

TVWeek: Will it change the way we think of “American Idol?”

Mr. Darnell: Well, it’s not going to change what you think of “American Idol” and we don’t want to do that. This show is, you know, a phenomenon. It’s American, it’s apple pie. We’re not changing the core of the show, but it is something that will be talked about and is something I think that has some element of controversy surrounding it.

TVWeek: Do the contestants know?

Mr. Darnell: No. No one knows.

TVWeek: Is that part of it? You want to keep the contestants guessing?

Mr. Darnell: Part of it. But I also think it’s more that it’s a long season and you want to keep as many surprises for the audience, for the press, for everybody, as you go along. Some controversies will pop out. But this is something that we sort of felt like, here’s one set of things we’re doing, we’re going to wait and give you the other set when we get to the final 12.

TVWeek: Is Kelly Clarkson—who has a big album coming out while you’re on the air—going to come back?

Mr. Darnell: I believe so. I believe you might see something actually in the next couple of weeks from Kelly.

TVWeek: What about guest stars for the Wednesday show? Will you look for younger artists to youth up the ratings?

Mr. Darnell: Not youth up. We’re going to big it up. (Musicians) will have to be ridiculously big this season for us to have them as mentors.

TVWeek: Every few years, people talk about reality being in a drought. That seems to be the case again now. Is reality in crisis?

Mr. Darnell: No. Look, here’s the thing. The key to what your question was is that every few years it’s the same question. And there’s a reason for that. This is a genre. Like all genres people like to imitate, but particularly in this genre. If (there’s) a big show and you make a little twist, sometimes you can have success. It’s a safe way to put something new on. Risk brings with it exactly that.

If you do something innovative and new, there’s a shot you’ll fail right away. There’s also a shot that it’ll take off. So every year, year and a half, something out of somewhere just comes out of nowhere and does a number. The goal is to come up with something that works, that’s new, but that isn’t so off the beam that no one’s going to come to it. That’s why I’m very excited about [variety show “The Osbournes: Loud and Dangerous”], to be honest, because it feels like, you know, you love them, you know them, but it’s a completely new conceit, period.

TVWeek: What else do you have in the hopper?

Mr. Darnell: There’s a couple things that are going on. I would say—I would call them in pilot stage right now. And two which I really like but until I see them done—and you know I’m like this, Joe—I’m very close-mouthed. I would rather not talk about something until it’s actually going on the air than even hint at it because my competitors are out there waiting—chomping at the bit, looking for anything. I honestly believe that the minute I say something, everybody’s on it, and I think it’s true of others, too. I mean, I listen.

TVWeek: Are there any producers or other executives at cable networks that you’re sort of admiring right now that you want to work with?

Mr. Darnell: Yeah, I like Cris Abrego’s stuff on VH1, and we’re actually looking at doing something together. I’m actually working on a pilot with him right now. I can’t talk about it. But I have to move him a little away from the stuff he’s doing there because I can’t compete with that stuff. You know, I love working with (Mark) Burnett. I love working with Rocket Science. I love working with Arthur Smith. You know, I’m doing a lot with Fremantle. I’d like to do something with Tom Foreman.

TVWeek: Let’s talk about “The Moment of Truth.” It premiered strongly, then trailed off. Kevin Reilly said you have 24 episodes on the shelf. Can you bring this show back?

Mr. Darnell: There’s not 24. I don’t know where that number came from. I think it’s more like maybe 16 or 17. … I think it’s going to come back and do well. The economic environment makes it a tough sell (to advertisers), in my opinion.

TVWeek: Is that becoming more of a problem? Advertiser resistance to reality?

Mr. Darnell: No, there’s always been (a problem). There are shows that are always going to be tougher than others on network television to sell. Period. I’ve been through that my entire career and that doesn’t mean you don’t do them. You do do them. The environment is a little worse right now, like it is for everything, because they can be—you know, there’s more picking and choosing going on.

TVWeek: “Secret Millionaire” was a positive show that did…

Mr. Darnell: Did well.

TVWeek: Will it be back? The producers seem to be hopeful that it will be.

Mr. Darnell: And so am I. It’s my hope and my belief that we’ll pick up more of those. It was a very—it was a great show. It surprised me, to be honest. It did better than I had imagined it would do.

TVWeek: Why is that?

Mr. Darnell: I think I’m not Mr. Aspirational, so those shows don’t hit me right in the forehead like some others do. And maybe a little bit of it is the times. I also think there’s an emotional arc to it, which is ... ridiculously emotional. You know, even I get a chill watching the final 15 minutes of the show, and that’s saying something.

TVWeek: What kind of show would you like to see on the air in the next year or two? Is there anything else that’s on your to-do list?

Mr. Darnell: It’s a good question. You know, I mean not just because I’m doing “The Osbournes,” (but) I’d like to see some sort of comedy show, whatever you want to call these things, because I think variety by itself is an outmoded term that really doesn’t mean anything anymore. I’d like to see something like that work. I’d like to see sort of a comedy hour, if you will. Something that doesn’t root itself in traditional reality but roots itself in sort of harkening back. And then ... I don’t know. It’s a tough question to answer. I think when I see it, I’ll know it. And then I’ll keep it to myself until it’s on the air.

TVWeek: Are there any shows your competitors have done lately that have made you wonder, “What were they thinking?”

Mr. Darnell: Rosie (O’Donnell’s variety special). That was one of the worst things I’ve ever seen on television, to be frank. It was really bad television. So I’m going to be honest. That was a “What were they thinking” to me. Live. Everything about it was a mistake.

TVWeek: There are new heads of reality at CBS, NBC and The CW. Any advice for the new guys?

Mr. Darnell: I would never give them advice … They have to do their own business in their own world in their own way. (But) I would say, look for something new and different, you know, and don’t be afraid of stuff. You know, I think that we all are guilty of leaning on the known and not going for the unknown. But I wish them well.

Link to the article: http://www.tvweek.com/news/2009/01/return_of_idol_a_win_for_darne.php

Offline eragon

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #93 on: January 20, 2009, 06:33:34 AM »
My Favorites So Far:
1. Casey Carlson
2. Arianna
3. JB Alful??
4. Lil Round
5. Stevie Wright
7. Von
6. Bikina Girl (I like her! - Simon)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 06:40:20 AM by eragon »

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #94 on: January 20, 2009, 02:56:56 PM »
 :jumpy: i am so excited for another season of ai.. i usaly don't like this part becaus of the bad audtions so i am glad to here they tweeked the show it was way more barable to watch last week.. i do like the new judge, and love love jasons bro jmo..
 please excuse my miss spelled words and running sentinces i am extreamly deslix but i love to chat..

about sanjay i loved that he made the most out of his situation he new he did not have the pipes of other so he played to his streights intertain ment loved the pony hawk and btw u still rember him from his season, do u rember chris richardson he was 5 th that year.. also my tone death mo who love ai loved sanjaya, so he was getting the crying girl - tone death vote..

:waves: i will b here can't wait to see who they show us tonight..
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #95 on: January 21, 2009, 02:02:54 AM »
Recap from tvguide:

American Idol Episode Recap: Auditions, San Francisco

Our Idol wannabes have flocked to San Francisco this week to make their dreams of being the next Kelly Clarkson or David Cook come true. Who will make us squirm, and who will make us smile?

Ryan starts off the night by showing the cameras the anxiety-producing walk that contestants make from the holding room to smack dab in front of the judges in the audition room. Of course when Ryan gets there, the judges mock him and tell him to "try it again in a normal voice."

Best Auditions
Tatiana Del Toro: We're not sure if she belongs in her own category of "awesomely scary" auditions. The Puerto Rico native is definitely... unique. She laughs like a hyena, and the producers make her look extra crazy by having her explain that she visited a psychic who told her she was destined to be in the top 12. After hearing her sing, it's clear she might not be top 12 material, but she did have talent. But, man, did she have a crazy laugh. It may haunt your dreams.
Adam Lambert: He came to us from the cast of Wicked and sang "Bohemian Rhapsody." The tiny bit we got to hear (what's up with that?) was fantastic. Simon thought he was too theatrical, but Randy finally spoke up and defended him with a big ol' "yes!"

Most Memorable Meltdown
Akilah Askew-Gholston: The 26-year-old "aspiring songwriter" (and we say that generously) wouldn't let her chance at Hollywood go. She told the judges, "No, I want to do the same song over again. I started from the wrong rectum!" She then proceeded to compliment Paula by dissing her: "Paula had a really big hit song in the '80s when I was a child." She just kept on going until they practically threw her out.

Tearjerker Moment
Kai Kalama: Kai has sacrificed having a life to take care of his mom, who has a seizure disorder. He's clearly an amazing son who loves his mom. She is clearly proud of him as a son and a singer. The 26-year-old sang a soulful and unique (in a good way this time) version of "Smoke Gets in Your Eyes." Simon told him to "watch me on American Idol" to learn more about confidence (barf).

Best "Did Hell Just Freeze Over?" Moment
A contestant's son hugged Simon upon hearing his dad made it through to Hollywood. Simon hugged back!

Best Lines from the Judges
Simon: "It was really boring and I hate what you're wearing."
Simon: "...and your weird hair color..." Contestant: "The carpet matches the drapes!"
Simon: "Annie, I'm going to be honest with you, that sounded like you were drunk. And not one or two bottles, that was like a whole crate."

Link: http://www.tvguide.com/Episode-Recaps/american-idol/American-Idol-Episode-1001904.aspx

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #96 on: January 21, 2009, 08:07:55 AM »
My Favorites So Far:
1. Casey Carlson
2. Arianna
3. JB Alful??
4. Lil Round
5. Stevie Wright
7. Von
6. Bikina Girl (I like her! - Simon)

Hello Eragon!  :waves:

Refresh my memory, what did Casey Carlson sing? (I blame my DVR for screwing up 65,000 times for 2 weeks in a row!)

For now, the only singer that stands out in my mind from last night is Adam Lambert. Hopefully I can play back the 10 different clips that the DVR condescendingly recorded while restarting 10 different times and see the ones we missed.  (:;)

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #97 on: January 21, 2009, 08:20:52 AM »
:jumpy: i am so excited for another season of ai.. i usaly don't like this part becaus of the bad audtions so i am glad ..
 please excuse my miss spelled words and running sentinces i am extreamly deslix but i love to chat..

about sanjay i loved that he made the most out of his situation he new he did not have the pipes of other so he played to his streights intertain ment loved the pony hawk and btw u still rember him from his season, do u rember chris richardson he was 5 th that year.. also my tone death mo who love ai loved sanjaya, so he was getting the crying girl - tone death vote..

:waves: i will b here can't wait to see who they show us tonight..

Hi Tory!! Glad you joined us. Don't worry about spelling! You're right about Sanjaya playing to his strength. He became a celebrity and who can forget that fauxhawk!  :lol:

I do sincerely hope that Tatiana Del Rio is not the new version of Sanjaya. She can sing but that maniacal laugh! :taze

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #98 on: January 21, 2009, 10:07:39 AM »
ty for the welcom  :waves: i did not get to watch last nights show yet so i will post again after. and my dvr has been a night mare lately.. what is happining?? i looked up at 8 last night and it was not tapeing ai or 90210..i caught it about 8 min;s in than huby came in the room and i don;t like to be destrated when i am in tv mode lol..  :-[
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #99 on: January 21, 2009, 01:24:02 PM »
ty for the welcom  :waves: i did not get to watch last nights show yet so i will post again after. and my dvr has been a night mare lately.. what is happining?? i looked up at 8 last night and it was not tapeing ai or 90210..i caught it about 8 min;s in than huby came in the room and i don;t like to be destrated when i am in tv mode lol..  :-[

How odd! Our dang DVR did the same thing! Then I set it to record and it finally kicked in but then kept blanking out on us.  (:;)