Author Topic: American Idol Season 8  (Read 119545 times)

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: American Idol Season 8
« Reply #100 on: January 21, 2009, 02:34:08 PM »

How odd! Our dang DVR did the same thing! Then I set it to record and it finally kicked in but then kept blanking out on us.  (:;)

I missed most of last nights episode too and had to read recaps to keep up

But I am not missing tonights auditions, yippie  :popcorn:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #101 on: January 21, 2009, 03:10:03 PM »
I am NOT answering the phone if it rings, and not moving from my chair tonight. Pen and paper handy! :yess: :funny:
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #102 on: January 21, 2009, 05:04:04 PM »
ty for the welcom  :waves: i did not get to watch last nights show yet so i will post again after. and my dvr has been a night mare lately.. what is happining?? i looked up at 8 last night and it was not tapeing ai or 90210..i caught it about 8 min;s in than huby came in the room and i don;t like to be destrated when i am in tv mode lol..  :-[

How odd! Our dang DVR did the same thing! Then I set it to record and it finally kicked in but then kept blanking out on us.  (:;)

mine is doing it now as we speek it did not tape 2shows today and now i am afraid to leave it alone... omg
i am calling my cable co tomorrow i hat to call it is a night mare waiting for them and then they send some one lame out the frist 3x's hhhuuuuu i was hopeing the prob would just go away but nooooo..

so i did watch ai and my thought on last nights show i loved kai i though his voice had a lot of depth to it. the dad was ok i don't think he will make it past hollie wood week. i think i heard them right they only put 12 ppl threw last night, low number for so many ppl.. they don't show the audtions in order . i no this from last year i had a friend who got a call bk from charlston sc aud. the way they edit the show amases me.. she got 2nd call bk and still did not see paula randy or simon, so they realy weed them out befor they see them.

they r told to were the same clothes to every audition for that reason. like the holding rm shots i think that is the second call bk and then there is a third, that is when ryan shows up, and the judges, by then the famlys get to go and there r not as many ppl. oh yea and she was only allowed to bring one person to 2and call bk. and was not soposto tell me, but we live in va beach and i got to talk to her all the way to sc on the cell so she could reherse , she is realy good and would have been great on the show last yr. any wayi hope my dvr holds up tonight i have a lot tapeing..
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #103 on: January 21, 2009, 06:27:16 PM »
Tory: Reboot the DVR. Turn the power off completely, let it sit for a couple of minutes then turn the power back on, don't do anything and let it come back up with the time. That might help. We're going to reset ours as well, I just checked and the thing doesn't show that AI will be recorded again tonight.  :knuckles:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #104 on: January 21, 2009, 07:35:55 PM »
7:35 PM CT: I am officially tired of the new judge!  :umn:

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #105 on: January 21, 2009, 08:40:45 PM »
ty texas lady i did not think of that. my shows taped tonight.i just finished idol.
 :jumpy: :jumpy: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :wohoo:

and at the end some one from here made it to holiewood..omg itis a girl from va beach va felica barton. they did not show much of her ( they did that with chris richardson) who is from here also well chesapeake va a conecting city. i watched every week with his friends and family he was on sanjayas season the year jordan won. any way yea!!! i hope my home town makes it as far as chris did he was 5th.. also my hubby just called and said sanjaya was on bill orieley tonight the factor i no i sp wrong..he has a book.. i am dvring it for later. this should b good..
i kind of like the new judge and i did not thinl i would huuummmm, i love the girl at the end she was awsome and her sad story.i hope she goooooossss farrr there were severl good ones tonight..jmo va beach going to hollie wood yea....
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #106 on: January 21, 2009, 10:49:09 PM »
7:35 PM CT: I am officially tired of the new judge!  :umn:

:lol: There was some pretty good ones tonight and oh my bleeding ears on the terrible ones  :groan:

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #107 on: January 22, 2009, 09:27:54 PM »
An interesting article:

‘American Idol’ Contender Joanna Pacitti Comes Under Fire

Joanna Pacitti has starred on Broadway, recorded an album for Geffen records and has dated a former professional winner of “Dancing With the Stars,” but she still felt she needed to give her career a boost by auditioning for Season 8 of “American Idol.”

Pacitti came under fire after last night, when it was revealed she was allowed to audition and put through to “Idol’s” Hollywood round on Thursday night’s show.

The 24-year-old joined the cast of Broadway’s “Annie” at the age of 11. But, she and her family ended up suing producers after Pacitti was replaced in the show after she became sick with bronchitis. Her mother filed suit for $50 million, but settled with producers out of court.

Pacitti later moved to Hollywood as a teen, signing to A&M records. She eventually released the 2006 album, “This Crazy Life” on Geffen.

She has appeared on the soundtrack for “Legally Blonde,” where she sang “Watch Me Shine,” and “Out From Under” from the “Bratz” movie. In fact, “Out From Under” was re-recorded by Britney Spears on her new CD, “Circus.”

But while plenty of former “Idol” contenders have had record deals prior to their “Idol” experience — including Season 7’s Kristy Lee Cook and Carly Smithson — Pacitti’s experience is considered, by some, to be much broader.

The brunette, has dated “Dancing With the Stars” professional Mark Ballas, according to his manager.

“They have known each other for a while and are really good friends, who have also been on a couple of dates together,” Ballas’ manager told Access Hollywood. “They also performed at a charity benefit together a couple of months ago.”

And Pacitti has already been a part of reality TV. She was featured in one of MTV’s “True Life” episodes, which followed her as she worked on increasing her success. She was also featured in another documentary, following singers on the rise.

While a number of fans thought her audition was great, a host of posters on “Idol’s” official forum suggested she should be disqualified because of her background and suggested she may have an advantage if she makes it to the public vote.

“The point is that because she is a ‘semi-pro’… she already has a built in fan base and voting block. That skews the competition in her favor, especially in the early rounds,” forum member Marcdamon wrote.

Another forum user suggested Pacitti has already had her chance at fame and is hoping it leads to an “Idol” competition rule change.

“They need to change the rules to only allow for untapped talent. Joanna has already been on 2 major labels, has had a cover done by Britney and 3 songs on 3 different movie soundtracks,” Davesnay wrote. “She is taking valuable space away from somebody who hasn’t already had 5-6 chances.”

Link to the article: http://www.accesshollywood.com/american-idol-contender-joanna-pacitti-comes-under-fire_article_13208

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #108 on: January 22, 2009, 10:52:10 PM »

I think she has far too much experience for Idol

I would rather see an unknown get that chance of a lifetime it means more to them where as Joanna has been there done that and then some

.... one of Joanna's videos

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #109 on: January 23, 2009, 09:44:43 AM »
also milenda doolittle was a back up singer, i loved her butttt.... i was a little miffett..i watched her viedo the one u just posted and realy it was kind of anoying.. if she makes it threw to the show i will b up set cause it is realy not fair, unless they r looking for the american idol no matter if they r pros or not. she will deff remind evey one of mc phee and get that vote also, so with that said i vote.jmo also i voted like a mad woman for chris richardson and he is from chesapeake ,va no folling and he made it in melindas season to 5th..and then factor in the vote for the worst.com ppl they trow there rinch into the contest every year.i am pretty shre that is y taylor hicks won, jmo..they r a noght mare if any thing i wish they would change the voteing, have the public vote coun't like they do on abdc. and a side not hawk is on abdc he was also on so u think u can dance..huuummm and abdc is produced by randy jackson..
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #110 on: January 23, 2009, 10:40:42 AM »
I see what you mean Tory, that video is annoying. I am replaying Wed nite's audition, she says she went to Hollywood at 16, is 23 now and unemployed. She's the one who :crybabe:  I had to go back and replay the audition because I really didn't remember who she was.

Now I have mixed feelings, she is only 23, but it doesn't seem fair that she's had more chances than most AI contestants.  :duno:

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #111 on: January 23, 2009, 07:59:41 PM »
ty texas lady for the comment!!! jmo she has mutured if she was 16 when she went to holliwood (can we say stag mom ) any way if she has been droped by 2 record labels she is not all that jmo..she probly made a good fristimpression, but when it came to haveing the pipes for real she did not.. again jmo also if u go to a job interview and get the job cause u r good at interviews the u no nothing about what u r doing at said job some one will catch on, and it will be by to the by..any way there is a vocal couch in hollie wood they get to work with and the raw talent gets a chance they realy do look for the under dog to be great i think that is y we all fell in love with the show, the aka cinderlla story.. dautry had been trying on his own and so had bo the bk up singer soooo many but who is the biggest star right now from the shows kelly clarkson and carrie underwood 2 cinderella stroys for sure and we love that and vote for that.. ok i am climing off my soap box now lol :groan: sry if that seem ranty..
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #112 on: January 23, 2009, 08:30:26 PM »
It wasn't ranty at all Tory.  ;)  She might make it to the final 12 but we haven't really seen all the good contestants yet. I know one thing, she didn't stick out in my mind as several others have.

You are so right about the Cinderella story and discovering talent that wouldn't have had such an opportunity otherwise. I loved Melinda, she has a wonderful voice but in retrospect, she wouldn't have been any more successful than she is now.

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #113 on: January 23, 2009, 09:30:23 PM »
i totaly agree about melinda. she is realy sweet but i am sure she is better in the bk ground. i got to meet the bk up singers forai that one yr with sanjaya and cris rich, and she was awsome and getting a lot of work i have seen her on soo many shows lately doing bk up for all kinds of artist..she has to b making some big bucks and doing what she loves.. and she is soooo nice. i talked to her for like 30 min at least.i ntroduced her to one of chris[s friends one i hung out with that whole season when he did not go to holliewood to see chris he got to go like 3x ithink..any way ty ty for understanding where i am going with my words.. i love music the most reality tv comes in a realy close second..lol
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline eragon

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #114 on: January 24, 2009, 04:22:16 AM »
My Favorites So Far:
1. Casey Carlson
2. Arianna
3. JB Alful??
4. Lil Round
5. Stevie Wright
7. Von
6. Bikina Girl (I like her! - Simon)

Hello Eragon!  :waves:

Refresh my memory, what did Casey Carlson sing? (I blame my DVR for screwing up 65,000 times for 2 weeks in a row!)

For now, the only singer that stands out in my mind from last night is Adam Lambert. Hopefully I can play back the 10 different clips that the DVR condescendingly recorded while restarting 10 different times and see the ones we missed.  (:;)

A Thousand Miles

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #115 on: January 24, 2009, 05:29:15 AM »
I missed the two episodes this week. Only caught glimpses. Been busy. :P Anyone real good that I missed?
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #116 on: January 24, 2009, 12:48:44 PM »
I missed the two episodes this week. Only caught glimpses. Been busy. :P Anyone real good that I missed?

Raymond, the best was the very last contestant on Wednesday evening. Her name is  Lenesha Young from Cincinnati. She sang Natti (or Natty) something she wrote herself. The judges loved her and so did I. She had a tough time growing up because the family was very poor. I think she'll go far.

The other singer who stood out for me was Alexis Grace. She’s 20 years old has a baby, the father is in the service or training.

We saw several others, Joanna Pacitti who has been on 2 record labels and sang in Annie on Broadway and Matt Girard. (He has an odd face; he's really good looking when he isn't smiling, not so good when he's smiling.)

One other, on Tuesday we saw Adam Lambert, a stage actor who sang Bohemian Rhapsody. Not sure how far he will go but he should make the top 24 at least.

I should explain my comment about Kara DioGuardi. I don't know if the producers want her to be more caustic towards Simon than Paula or told her to be more aggressive, but at exactly 7:33 PM CT, January 21st, 2009, I was over her. She made some asinine comments to Simon, not giving him a chance to say yes or no only to have him say yes. She also made a bad joke about one of the contestants who had been interviewed on a local radio show. The girl was voted most humorous in her year book. (I think it was her year book.) She insulted the girl and made her cry. Whatever, I'm over her. AI had the perfect mix, loony but lovable Paula, Randy and Simon.  My advice is to tone down the carp Kara.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #117 on: January 24, 2009, 12:53:57 PM »
i totaly agree about melinda. she is realy sweet but i am sure she is better in the bk ground. i got to meet the bk up singers forai that one yr with sanjaya and cris rich, and she was awsome and getting a lot of work i have seen her on soo many shows lately doing bk up for all kinds of artist..she has to b making some big bucks and doing what she loves.. and she is soooo nice. i talked to her for like 30 min at least.i ntroduced her to one of chris[s friends one i hung out with that whole season when he did not go to holliewood to see chris he got to go like 3x ithink..any way ty ty for understanding where i am going with my words.. i love music the most reality tv comes in a realy close second..lol

Tory, how cool is THAT!  :tup: You got to meet the backup singers and Melinda! I'm really glad to know that she is doing well.  :hearts:

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #118 on: January 24, 2009, 08:49:07 PM »
yea is was way cool to hang out with the top ten and the bk up singers..sence chris rich is from here aka his parents friends and family all live here him tooo, all his bk stage passes were spoken for.not to mention all the chris fans that wanted to see him in his home town.it was the year jordan won also very sweet. my myspace has all the pic mostly my neice with every one, i have a realy cute one with her and jordan. any way lol i got my bk stage pas for her and i from sanjaya[s sister also a awsome person. it was a realy fun year for us...  :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: i put on my space party at the beach this year.i hope the girl from va beach goes to top 10 at least her last name felica barton..26 yr old mom. and the girl at the end was soooooo awsome i hope she win...
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #119 on: January 24, 2009, 11:02:35 PM »

Raymond, the best was the very last contestant on Wednesday evening. Her name is  Lenesha Young from Cincinnati. She sang Natti (or Natty) something she wrote herself. The judges loved her and so did I. She had a tough time growing up because the family was very poor. I think she'll go far.

The other singer who stood out for me was Alexis Grace. She’s 20 years old has a baby, the father is in the service or training.

We saw several others, Joanna Pacitti who has been on 2 record labels and sang in Annie on Broadway and Matt Girard. (He has an odd face; he's really good looking when he isn't smiling, not so good when he's smiling.)

One other, on Tuesday we saw Adam Lambert, a stage actor who sang Bohemian Rhapsody. Not sure how far he will go but he should make the top 24 at least.

I should explain my comment about Kara DioGuardi. I don't know if the producers want her to be more caustic towards Simon than Paula or told her to be more aggressive, but at exactly 7:33 PM CT, January 21st, 2009, I was over her. She made some asinine comments to Simon, not giving him a chance to say yes or no only to have him say yes. She also made a bad joke about one of the contestants who had been interviewed on a local radio show. The girl was voted most humorous in her year book. (I think it was her year book.) She insulted the girl and made her cry. Whatever, I'm over her. AI had the perfect mix, loony but lovable Paula, Randy and Simon.  My advice is to tone down the carp Kara.

Ooh...I saw snippets of Lenesha & Adam's auditions. I agree, they do look like they're going far. And Kara doesn't bug me as far as I am concerned.
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline booboobooboo

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #120 on: January 25, 2009, 12:02:27 AM »
I really do not like how PC they are being this year. The 1sy few eppys were always my favorites, and now they have to go all nice because someone who was clearly unstable committed suicide. I guarantee that suicide was not from AI. She was a ticking time bomb.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #121 on: January 25, 2009, 08:02:31 AM »
I really do not like how PC they are being this year. The 1sy few eppys were always my favorites, and now they have to go all nice because someone who was clearly unstable committed suicide. I guarantee that suicide was not from AI. She was a ticking time bomb.

Welcome to RFF Booboobooboo!!!   :bigwelcome

I had forgotten about that disturbed person, but I agree, it wasn't because of AI, she was ill. Didn't Simon make a comment about it on one of these first shows?

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #122 on: January 25, 2009, 01:22:00 PM »
how sad i don't rember the susicide thing?? what happened? thoses auditions r tough on strong minded ppl. deff not for the all ready not in a good place ppl. i went on 2 reality show aud one was bb that one was fun but the other one was horrable ppl in line were so mean and intimadating they were saying i cut in line and bulling me for hrs.. after i got my applacation and number igot out of line untill i new my group was close they were in my group. they started up again i allmost got that show but i was way rattled bc of them..my app got put in the sm pile..
the bb audtion was so awsome ppl were great. i audtion for last year, renny got  my spot but i am glade she was awsome..loved her..
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #123 on: January 26, 2009, 01:53:57 PM »
Tory, a rejected contestant named Paula Goodspeed suffered from depression and killed herself not too far from Paula's house. Apparently she was obsessed with Paula Abdul. It's a sad thing all around.

On another note, Wow! You almost got on BB? You must be a fun person Tory, Renny was the best BB contestant ever for me. She was awesome and if you were the alternate.. you must be as well.

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #124 on: January 26, 2009, 04:10:44 PM »
ty yea reany is awsome she was sooo funny i am glade she made it .. i did not get to la so i don't realy no how close i was , but i am 50 yrs old a hair dresser and well not as cute as renny  cuter lol..

i did here about that story from ai, i for got yea stocking paula not to stable just doing that..
i am going to try to b in chat tonight.. :groan: i always rember to late..hhhuuuuu
tv junky needs help!!!!!