Author Topic: America's Next Top Model Cycle 11  (Read 33749 times)

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: America's Next Top Model Cycle 11
« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2008, 12:51:13 AM »
An episode recap from tvguide:

Top Model Episode Recap: "Good Times and Windmills"

It's down to the final four on this week's Top Model. Marjorie is struggling to deal with her self doubts and ends up a drunken mess in trying to embrace her new mentality. The girls learn how to use their expressiveness to sell a product, and after an extreme makeup shoot, another girl is sent packing.

The girls arrive and find Paulina trying to teach them to sell objects by using their expressions. Oddly enough, the only one who actually enjoyed the smell of the raw herrings is McKey...weird. Either way, Paulina loves her expressions. Analeigh iss very actress-like, Sam is a clown and Marjorie's feelings are "very accessible" (that's an understatement). 

For their challenge, the girls are presented a storyboard for a 30 second commercial and have to act it out. Oh, and there are no words — it's all in their actions and expression. And to prove what a truly rough life these ladies are leading, the last scene involves planting a kiss on a superhot Calvin Klein supermodel. Sam is dubbed the hammy one, while Analeigh does really well. McKey is meh, and Marjorie is, well, Marjorie (but in this case, her shy nerves worked for the commercial because it's refreshing and believable). The winner of the $10,000 shopping spree at G-Star is Marjorie. Not sure if I agree on that one considering I was all about Analeigh, but either way, she split her ten grand evenly with Analeigh.

Back at the house, Marjorie has become a more of a ballsy kind of spastic when she invites the boys over that took them around their go-sees. They bring over many bottles of vino, and the only one of the girls who drinks is Marjorie who over does it. The next thing you know, she's a drunken mess who hooks up with a guy on a dare and ultimately ends up in the hot tub with him while fully clothed. Analeigh and the others try to look out for her sloppy pal by booting the boys. But of all the drunken madness, my favorite part is when McKey wrestles one of boys. And we're not talking cute flirty wrestling—we're talking headlocks and shoulder pinning. What goes with that girl?!

For their photo shoot, the girls get some extreme hair and makeup and their goal is to still shine through it all while in a very Dutch windmill setting. Analeigh is dynamic and did a lot of variety including a air shot. Marjorie was blah and the judges try to explain the opposite of nerves isn't boring (guess someone didn't have her Gatorade after a long night of boozin'). Sam's pain from her clogs shows in her shoot, and it isn't until Jay intervenes with a lecture that she pulls it together for her final few frames. McKey once again wowed everyone with her "genius" performance. The first name called is Annaleigh, followed my McKey in a close second leaving Marjorie and Sam in the bottom. Marjorie has pulled a 180 and become too boring, while Sam just "doesn't get" what it takes to portray "model" in person. So who goes home? Marjorie. Say whaaaat?

Link: http://www.tvguide.com/Episode-Recaps/americas-model/Model-Episode-Recap-66909.aspx

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2008, 12:57:06 AM »
Next Week's Season Finale:

AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL

Wednesday, November 19, 2008 8:00 PM-9:00 PM EST

"America's Next Top Model Is..."

THE WINNER OF CYCLE 11 IS ANNOUNCED

In the cycle 11 finale, the three finalists put their Top Model experience to the test when they shoot their final CoverGirl commercial & print ad.

During one of the most memorable catwalks in Top Model history, the ladies deliver a winning, winding strut, but only one will become America's Next Top Model.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2008, 01:03:25 AM »

America's Next Top Model Cycle 11 Episode 13 Preview

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #53 on: November 14, 2008, 07:29:35 PM »
I'm loving this season. Not sure who will win this, maybe Annaleigh, but McKey is more modelesque. I have to say I wish Marjorie hadn't felt it necessary to drink to make herself feel more secure at panel. That is a dangerous path she's treading. I hope she learned something from the experience.  :'( I didn't enjoy watching it happen.
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #54 on: November 15, 2008, 12:54:04 AM »
I'm loving this season. Not sure who will win this, maybe Annaleigh, but McKey is more modelesque. I have to say I wish Marjorie hadn't felt it necessary to drink to make herself feel more secure at panel. That is a dangerous path she's treading. I hope she learned something from the experience.  :'( I didn't enjoy watching it happen.

:jumpy: Hi ya TL great to see you

Oh absolutely I am kinda glad Marjorie left she needs to work out her personal issues her lack of self esteem it’s exhausting and I was frankly tired of it after 12 episodes.

I agree the remaining girls are great and I would be happy if any one of them win

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #55 on: November 15, 2008, 12:57:24 AM »
An interview with Marjorie:

America's Next Top Model Roundup: Marjorie is the "Luckiest Person In The World"

Marjorie Conrad used her awkward grace and natural instincts to make it to the top four on America's Next Top Model. Constantly criticized for her nervous nature, Marjorie overcame the adversity by repeatedly taking some of the best photographs in the competition. When she was nearly eliminated, Marjorie decided to adopt a more confident persona, but unfortunately it was too little, too late and she was sent home from Amsterdam. The French native was involved in many clashes with her housemates throughout the season, most of whom insulted her shy and nervous behavior. Fancast caught up with Marjorie to get the whole scoop on her departure.

How did you feel winning the commercial shoot challenge on your last episode?
It was amazing for me. Winning that challenge really ended the cycle on a high note for me. I was really positive toward the end and I think that I would have lasted had I been in the bottom two earlier on. It manifested that fear that I had of possibly being sent home. Once it happens, then you're not so scared of it anymore. That really kind of clicked for me at that point. I was really happy to have my mentality recognized and win the challenge and share it with Analeigh. And the shopping spree was so fun. It was probably the most fun I've had during the cycle. It was really memorable and I'm glad I got to share that one-on-one time with Analeigh.

How was kissing Mark Vanderloo?
It was a kind of strange to be asked to do that because it was an uncomfortable set up. I didn’t really think much of it. It was kind of business like. I didn’t have time to pause and enjoy it. He just felt like a colleague of sorts. He's on a completely different level than I am.

Do you regret getting drunk and getting into the bathtub with your clothes on?
Honestly, it was completely blown out of proportion. I didn’t drink that much alcohol. Analeigh was concerned about how much I was drinking, but she didn’t need to be. I just took a bath fully clothed and just stayed kind of quiet. I kissed a guy, but it wasn’t anything outrageous. People think it was losing control, but it was pretty innocent, actually. As far as being a role model, I think I fit the mainstream idea of what a role model is. I tried as hard as I could and I gave it a fair shot. I’m the luckiest person in the world and have an opportunity to pursue whatever I want from this rare platform.

The other girls gave you a lot of flak for being too European. How did you handle that?
The girls' questions weren’t out of line. The moment you distinguish yourself, you are targeted. It puts you out there for criticism. Also, the show didn’t represent my argument well, not that being European gives me an excuse. It’s not about that. As soon as you are in a foreign place, you have two different perspectives, regardless of how long you’ve lived in one place over the other. You have lived in, learned from, and seen two different cultures, two types of people and two different ways to see the world. These perspectives make it less possible to be so sure of yourself and of your environment. It makes you consider other options and other possibilities. The other girls have only been exposed to one environment and couldn’t understand why I could understand them and see another side as well. They only had one perspective because it was something they had never been exposed to, so they couldn’t understand it. But they weren’t out of line. If anything, they were trying to understand.

What's your future in modeling? Would you consider modeling in France?
I would love to model there. Before the show I wasn’t excited to model, but now that I've been exposed to the possibility I really want to give it 100 percent. I've had the chance to work with experts and get a substantial number of photographs for my portfolio. I've won outlandish prizes, it's really a dream come true. I'm the luckiest person in the world that I can pursue that and I would definitely go back to my native country if the opportunity presented itself.

Do you consider yourself more like a print model or a runway model?
I think I need work on my runway walk but I don’t think it's impossible for me to be a runway model. I just need to better my posture. In terms of print, I really like photo shoots. I really love trying to come up with a concept and trying to actualize it. In a photograph, I think a model should be relatable and connect to the person looking at the photograph. To be able to convey an emotion through a still photo to me is really interesting. And also controlling my overall externality to produce a good impression. So I think it's kind of an equal interest on my end. Some people probably think I'm a better print model than a runway model.

What got you so nervous throughout the show?
What I got nervous about is the fact that I was treading through uncharted waters. I sent myself into a really high-pressure situation and I'm not someone who plays sports or who is competitive or had a game face on. I've never been trained in that kind of setting at all. So that’s what I got nervous about. But also I couldn’t really vent at any time. And when I could vent, it was on camera every time and it was always emphasized. I just looked like a train wreck, when really I was just trying to work it out for myself and work on my weaknesses. The reasons I get nervous are very relatable. The viewers just have to put themselves in my situation.

How did you think of your signature pose?
I thought that up mon my own. I naturally have a little slouch so it was easy for me to push it and try and make it photogenic in some way. I think it's good to work on your weaknesses and somehow form them into something positive. I really liked the photo shoot with Tyra Banks the best, especially the dramatic photograph because she really pushed me to come out of that niche I carved out for myself. And to really elongate my figure and stand up straight and work my posture and work my angles in a way that I hadn't really focused on yet.

Link: http://thebiz.fancast.com/2008/11/americas_next_top_model_roundu_9.html

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #56 on: November 20, 2008, 01:25:43 AM »
A recap of tonights finale:

Tyra Crowns Her Next Top Model

They gave it their all in hopes of becoming Cycle 11's winner, but on Wednesday night's finale of America's Next Top Model, two finalists' dreams were crushed while another's came true.

For their final challenge, the three remaining models, Sam, Analeigh and McKey, were tasked with a CoverGirl commercial and photo shoot. Though they each had their own faults, it was fan favorite Analeigh who was booted for blanking on her lines and having a sugary-sweet face in her photo.

When it came time for the walk-off between McKey and Sam, both finalists strutted their stuff through the hot-pink runway of hills, steps and windy paths. Based on their solid performance at the runway show and all of their photos to date, it was a close call. But alas, Tyra & Co. could only pick one girl to take home the title. After much deliberation, McKey was announced America's Next Top Model.

Link: http://www.tvguide.com/News/Americas-Model-Winner-24.aspx

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #57 on: November 20, 2008, 04:01:24 PM »
An interview with ANTM winner McKey:

Top Model Winner Dishes on Her "Weirdo" Ways

The final runway was more of an obstacle course than a catwalk, but leggy McKey tackled it with style to become America's Next Top Model. TVGuide.com caught up with the Cycle 11 winner to find out everything from how she's learned to embrace her "weirdo" ways, what she thinks Tyra is really like and where she came up with the pseudo name McKey. 

TVGuide.com: The finale runway was pretty intense. What was it like running up that hill in heels?
McKey: It was so scary! I was so nervous I was going to drop my train, slip on it and fall off the side creating some Top Model catastrophe. We did get some tips prior. Basically, you took a running start, picked up your skirt and hiked yourself up the hill with the momentum. I think it served as a good distraction where it became your task to get up that hill without falling as opposed to over focusing on who's going win.

TVGuide.com: What was one of the hardest things to deal with throughout the experience?
McKey: I had a really hard time letting the girls get to know me at first. I was guarded and very controlling as to what I showing to them. I guess I just shelled up because I was afraid they'd see what a weirdo I am and stay away from me! We started getting in sync with each other the second week, and the longer we were the there, the more comfortable everyone got with each other. That's why the fights started, because everyone was more comfortable fighting with each other [laughs]. There were little disagreements over everything from what color looks better to who the president shouldn't be.

TVGuide.com: Why do you say you're a weirdo?
McKey: I don't know — I ate dog food when I was little. [laughs] I just have odd, quirky things about me that I don't know from watching myself but from other people's reactions of what I do. It's kinda hilarious. I'll be making a face and they'll say "What are doing,"and I'm like "Impersonating a rabbit, why?" I'm just having a good time, lay off me guys!

TVGuide.com: Tyra's pretty quirky on the show as well.
McKey: Tyra was different than what I expected. She's really goofy and not afraid to act completely ridiculous. She's herself and she doesn't care. And this experience [taught me] to most definitely to be myself. Even if what I say or do seems quirky or odd, I am who I am — people will love me about that or hate me about that. Either way it can end up helping me.

TVGuide.com: Tyra had you change your name because there were competing Britneys on the show. How did you pick the name McKey?
McKey: McKey was what my mom was going to name me when I was born — well, McKenzie, actually. McKey is my way of shortening it. But my sister wanted Britney because she had a friend that had a sister named Britney and she wanted one too. I was like a Barbie doll on shelf, 'I want one too!' McKey was a penname of mine in high school — it was McKey Tay. I used to be very into writing in school, so anytime I was writing something funny or really out there, I'd use it as my alter alias. I'd picture myself in a black leather jacket and a little hood with those giant pink sun glasses sneaking around [laughs].

TVGuide.com: How did you get into modeling when you were younger?
McKey: I used to be a tomboy and play about every sport under the sun — and with that comes injury. I ended up having knee surgery that put me out for six months. I got pretty depressed, so I decided to try out for the Elite Model Look. I won regional, but not nationals and got a contract with Elite. But nothing every really took off so I went back to normal life. Eventually, I decided to give it just one last kick [with Top Model] so that when I'm a granny, I won't regret anything.

TVGuide.com: What are you hoping for with your upcoming career?             
McKey: Ideally, what happens is they send me to Europe — hopefully Paris. I think that's where my look fits in the best, and I've been told I have very European features. And my mother did the sweetest thing and bought me a Papillion dog, which is what I really wanted to travel with me. She's going to come with me wherever I go so I can take a little bit of home with me. But, if I can work in New York, I'll go to New York — wherever I can get work I'll go!

Link: http://www.tvguide.com/News/Model-Winner-McKey-1000036.aspx

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #58 on: November 21, 2008, 12:28:01 PM »
An interview with ANTM runner-up Sam:

America's Next Top Model Roundup: Samantha Was "Nervous All The Time"

Samantha Potter came this close to the title of America's Next Top Model, but ended up as the first runner up behind McKey. Known for her bubbly personality and relentless energy, Sam worked her charm and her natural modeling instincts to make it all the way to the finals. Fancast talked to Samantha about her time on the show including her transformation into high fashion, what she learned from Tyra Banks, and what was up with that crazy runway show.

How did it feel to make it all the way to the top two?
Top two was crazy! It's amazing. To tell you the truth, I had no idea I was going to make it this far. Getting on the show was a shock to me, then I had these photo shoots and everything just happened so fast. I loved every part of it. I'm telling you, on panel days, I was so nervous every time. You never know what's going to happen, who's going home. It was always a surprise and I was always scared to death at panel. I didn't see myself going this far in the competition because all the other girls have a modeling background and I was just kind of thrown into the mix straight off of a volleyball court. But the fact that I made it this far and I have no modeling experience, it has really put me out there and I'm ready for my career now.

How did you like your chances going into the final panel?
I can't really say I thought I was going to win or McKey's was going to win because it all depends on what Tyra thinks and what the judges think. But McKey and I both really put ourselves out there and we really worked hard. McKey's golden. She's always shining and she did really well, and we both worked really hard and both put everything out there that we've got, and we both have no regrets. I think the judges probably had a pretty hard time trying to figure out who America's Next Top Model was going to be. And they made their decision!

What was going through your mind during the final runway show?
OK, first of all let me tell you something about this runway. Mr. Jay went way over his head! This thing had an 80 degree mountain on it that we had to run up. You literally had to run to get up it because if you didn’t run, you'd fall back and you'd die. It was like a magical candy land fantasy pulled straight from a fairytale book. It was so cool and it was very nerve-wracking. I used to run cross country for my high school but running up a hill in five inch heels is not the easiest thing to do. It was pretty stressful, pretty scary, pretty hectic. But it was fun.

Did you agree with Trya when she said you look like a commercial model in person, but in pictures you come off as editorial?
When I first got my makeover, I was kind of upset. But after I talked to the makeup artist and my hair stylist, they all said "When you get your hair cut like this you're going to be a high fashion model. You're not going to be commercial anymore. This is where you step up your game." And hearing Tyra tell me, "Sam, you're still commercial even with the short hair," I was like dangit! I got my hair cut off and I'm still commercial! So that was pretty frustrating. I guess I understand where she's coming from. I think my personality plays a big part in that because I'm kind of a bubbly and funny person. I think I'm pretty high fashion. I mean, my windmill shoot showed my versatility in modeling.

Did the hair help make you into a model?
To tell you the truth, I loved my long hair but as soon as I cut my hair off and I got to see myself in my very first picture, you could see a totally different person. I completely respect Tyra Banks for that. I think she made the right choice cutting off my hair. I hope it helps me in the future when agencies look at me and they like my look.

You said you never felt like the pretty girl before the show. What was that transformation like?
Well if you ask anyone who knows me—my family, or anyone at my high school—if you ask them who Samantha Potter is, they'll all tell you she's the athlete. No one would look at me and say she's a model, she's so pretty. After the show, having all this makeup thrown on my face and being in front of the camera and people telling you you're pretty, it's amazing. And I know I won't get this from any other experience. After the show when we looked at all the pictures again and we compared and I remembered everything that had happened. I realized I am a pretty girl, I am a model, I can do this! I'm hoping now agencies will look at me and see me and say "we want her" and they'll pick me up. Hopefully I'll
be successful with modeling, and acting's great too. I'd love to get in either of the industries and really just put myself out there.

What did you learn?
I learned a whole bunch of stuff. I learned how to dress. On the show I was always getting reamed for not dressing in the right style. I'm not a very fashionable person. Now I go shopping and I have all the right outfits. So that has really helped me become a better model. When I go out on the street people will recognize me as a model rather than like an everyday girl.

What did you think of the go-sees?
That was probably one of the hardest things I've ever done. Of course we had a time restraint, and those boats didn’t go very fast! We had a lot of downtime in the boat as we were trying to get from canal to canal. It was really stressful, but the designers are absolutely amazing. The people in this industry are so nice! They're so genuine and they care. Of course there are people who are going to judge you and critique you and categorize you but that’s part of the industry and I respect their opinions. Some of them thought I was too commercial and I completely understand that. It was just great to meet these different people and have the opportunity to try on their clothes and I had the greatest time. Even though it was so stressful, it was probably the most fun thing I've ever done.

What's your favorite part about being a model?
My favorite part is probably seeing yourself in a magazine. And knowing that when people see your pictures or your poses, it's almost inspirational knowing that people are looking at you and people are wanting to be you. And when people see my picture, it's such an honor to be recognized. And to have the power to influence people and inspire people. Even to have a part in someone else's life is really cool

Link: http://thebiz.fancast.com/2008/11/americas_next_top_model_roundu_11.html

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #59 on: November 21, 2008, 12:30:59 PM »
An interview with 3rd place Analeigh:

Exclusive Interview: Analeigh Tipton of 'America's Next Top Model'

On last night's season finale of America's Next Top Model, the final three girls had one more Cover Girl commercial and print ad to shoot before making it to the final runway show.  Analeigh, whose commercial shoots have been one of her strengths, completely blanked in front of the camera.  When the judges were neither impressed with her best commercial take or her print ad, they eliminated her from the competition.  Today, Analeigh spoke to BuddyTV in an exclusive interview, reflecting on her Top Model experience.

Well, I know the judges talked a lot about your figure skating background and how that relates to model. Did you think that that was going to be something that would help you in the competition?

I definitely went in thinking it certainly helped in situations but it was a big advantage and disadvantage at the same time. They didn’t always want me to use and it’s something that’s very difficult to incorporate into modeling because it doesn’t really translate off of the ice and there’s a certain ballet aspect but then to make it into a photo is very difficult to do. Mister Jay really helped me to finally find a way to take my figure skating not so literally and make it into a really good, beautiful picture.

Was there any part of the competition that you weren’t prepared for or was overwhelming to you in the beginning?

In the beginning, it was so fast. I think that’s what I wasn’t prepared for. Everything was just bam, bam, bam and there was no time to breathe. You don’t even have time to psyche yourself out and if you do, well, that’s kind of it because you don’t have time to get yourself together either. I wasn’t prepared for how fast things would be and honestly, how intense and nervewracking these panels would be. Your heart is in your throat the entire time and you can fall all you want, you’re not gonna relax.

There was quite a bit of drama in the house this season. How did you deal with the stress of it all?

I am not really in the middle of any drama, thankfully. I’m not a fighter. If there’s something going on that I really feel strongly about, I’ll certainly stand up but I pick my battles and I felt that nothing going on was worth battling for. I won’t fight just for the sake of fighting for television and none of that was going on. It’s a competition where you’re alone and you’re in it for you so I didn’t want to let any of that affect my performance and I didn’t.

Do you have a favorite photo that you took this season?

My favorite photo… during the competition it was my least favorite photo and that would be my natural shot that Tyra Banks shot. It’s just a fun picture, it’s very simple, and I had no makeup on and my hair was pulled back in a ponytail. I hated it when it came up in panel. I cringed and I was like, “Ah, that’s so terrible.” Now that I see the photo and I see it over and over again, it has become my favorite photo because it’s simple and it’s me. There’s no makeup and I actually feel like I can look at it say, “That’s me.” It’s so natural and I think I look beautiful. I feel like it’s kind of loving the way I am naturally. I think that’s a good thing.

I really thought you had it in the bag because you’re so good in front of the camera and you’re so good in commercials. When you watch last night’s episode back, do you cringe and wish you would’ve been able to pull it together in that last Cover Girl shoot?

It was definitely unexpected. I expected to completely rock that commercial and I had the lines down. I had them memorized. I can’t really say what happened. It was just the nerves that got to me and all the pressure and once I started thinking, “Oh my goodness, I’m blowing this,” I couldn’t pull myself out of it. That’s a lesson to learn and something you definitely grow from, which I have.

You really seem like a model who can work a lot after the show is over. Do you plan to keep pursuing this?

Certainly! Actually, I have a meeting with… I won’t say… but a really, really good agency later today. Everything’s happening pretty quickly and I’m going to pursue it with all my heart because I don’t want any regrets in not going after something that I love. So definitely I’ll be working a lot – that’s my plan.

Link: http://www.buddytv.com/articles/americas-next-top-model/exclusive-interview-analeigh-t-24722.aspx

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #60 on: November 21, 2008, 12:33:35 PM »

"TOP MODEL" FINALE STRUTS TO BEST RATINGS IN A YEAR AND GRABS THE SPOTLIGHT AS WEDNESDAY'S #1 SHOW IN KEY DEMOS

Released by The CW

"TOP MODEL" FINALE STRUTS TO BEST RATINGS IN A YEAR AND GRABS THE SPOTLIGHT AS WEDNESDAY'S #1 SHOW IN KEY DEMOS

The Cycle 11 Finale of TOP MODEL Scores The Show's Largest Audience and Best Ratings Since the Cycle 9 Finale In Dec. 07

TOP MODEL Tops All Competition to Rank as Wednesday's #1 Show with Women 18-34 and Adults 18-34

The CW Finishes as Wednesday's #1 Network with Young Women

STYLISTA Climbs to Best Ratings Since Premiere

The Cycle 11 finale of AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL soared to the show's largest audience (4.8mil) and best women 18-34 (4.3/13) and adults 18-34 (2.8/9) ratings in nearly a year (best since Cycle 9 Finale in Dec. 07), according to preliminary live plus same day Nielsen ratings for Wednesday, Oct. 22, 2008. In addition, TOP MODEL scored cycle highs among adults 18-49 (2.3/6) and women 18-49 (3.5/9).

The finale of TOP MODEL stood above all other network programming to finish as Wednesday's #1 show among women 18-34 (4.3/13), adults 18-34 (2.8/9) and females 12-34 (3.7/11).

TOP MODEL ranked first in the 8:00-9:00p.m. hour among women 18-34, adults 18-34, females 12-34. In women 18-34, TOP MODEL beat its closest competition by more than a full rating point. MODEL ranked second in the time period among women 18-49 (3.5/9) and persons 12-34 (2.4/8).

The CW was Wednesday's #1 network with women 18-34 (3.0/8). The CW matched its best Wednesday performance of the season in women 18-34, adults 18-34 (2.0/6) and adults 18-49 (1.7/4).

At 9:00p.m., STYLISTA improved to its best performance since its premiere on 10/22 in women 18-34 (1.7/5), adults 18-34 (1.1/3) and adults 18-49 (1.0/3).

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #61 on: November 24, 2008, 02:29:52 PM »
ANTM Cycle 12 and 13 Update:

CW close to renewing "Top Model"

It looks like "America's Next Top Model" will be back on the catwalk next season.

The CW is close to renewing the Tyra Banks-hosted reality competition series for a 13th cycle to air next fall.

The news comes on the heels of the CW inking a deal with Warner Bros. Domestic TV Distribution to also air Banks' daytime talker, "The Tyra Banks Show," as an afternoon strip starting next fall.

The Cycle 11 finale of "Top Model" (4.8 million total viewers, 2.3 rating/7 share in adults 18-49), which aired Wednesday, was up 21% from the previous week to a season-high rating and also marked the show's largest audience since last year's finale. The show also ranked first in the 8-9 p.m. hour among adults 18-34 (2.8/9).

Cycle 12 will air in the spring.

Link: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/news/e3ie4d1de6cfc5a10f6cc05c39f55f17fd1