Author Topic: America's Next Top Model Cycle 11  (Read 33766 times)

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
America's Next Top Model Cycle 11
« on: June 24, 2008, 07:25:53 PM »
It seems that they have been filming Cycle 11 for the Fall season, if reports are true, filming should be finished with a new Top Model already selected.

"This fall, America’s Next Top Model will unveil its 11th season on the CW network. It may be one of the last seasons to feature Tyra Banks as the host of the wildly popular reality show. Back in March, OK magazine reported that Banks was thinking of leaving the show, due in part to a rift between her and Jay Manuel. “It’s gotten so bad that Tyra and Jay aren’t speaking,” an insider told the magazine. While Tyra figures out her future, the show must go on and cycle 11 is well underway. This week, thanks to superfans and superspies, the international destination was revealed along with some other juicy tidbits!

** WARNING!  SPOILERS AHEAD! **

A Top Model fan came across judge Paulina Porizkova while waiting in line at JFK International Airport in New York City. It turns out that she was waiting to board KLM, a Dutch airline company. This comes on the heels of photos that surfaced on the internet of Tyra Banks and the final 5 cycle 11 models in Amsterdam. Security for America’s Next Top Model did their best to stop fans and press from taking pictures but a few lucky ones snapped a photo and put them online.

This is a departure from the usual number of models that head on the international destination. Tyra usually brings along the final 6 but the fact that she is only bringing 5 suggests a possible double elimination. According to several Top Model blogs, international go-sees will also make a return for cycle 11.

It is also being reported that, while Amsterdam, the final 5 models will participate in a photo shoot with pieces from renowned jewelry designer, Rodrigo Otazu. Otazu has worked with the best of the best in the fashion and entertainment world. He has provided pieces for runway shows for everyone from Christian Lacroix to Jean-Paul Gaultier. He has also had his jewelry worn by celebrities such as Britney Spears and Aretha Franklin."

Courtesy of Buddy TV: http://www.buddytv.com/articles/americas-next-top-model/americas-next-top-model-cycle-20640.aspx

The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
Re: America's Next Top Model Cycle 11
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 07:59:38 PM »
America' s Next top Model Comes to the Netherlands

"Yes, you have read it well! Tyra Banks and its team of America's Next top model come to the Netherlands. The last can five candidates of the eleventh season on travel to Amsterdam. They here well-known go-see's must carry out and also fotoshoot to do. I gamble in oer-Hollandse attire, nicely sexy. In Amsterdam two little girls the strijdtoneel must leave, so that there eventually three candidates remain for the final.

America's Next top model go this autumn again the eleventh season in. Just like in the Dutch version there is an excursion to the foreign country in each range. In the tenth season the bests could modellenmeisjes with the plane to Rome, now has been there therefore chosen for the Dutch capital.

It have been aroused curiosity with what kind of security requirements Tyra zoal on shove comes and to what extent the team can operate here ongestoord. In America is it not uncommon at the municipality regulate a license with which you or tv-opnames can bolt an area for films. But in the Netherlands happens that only at high exception, a royal wedding or burial for example. On the other hand Next top model must be reality programme, thus it is this way honest veryday film living.

The prerecordings take place coming summer, retransmission in America follows in the autumn. In the Netherlands America's Next top model are transmitted RTL 5. Of it we have exactly the eighth season behind the back. It lasts therefore certainly still a year for we Tyra in the Netherlands on TV can admire.

Update 11 June: Prerecordings have been today and possibly also still the coming days. One of the tasks shoot with jewels of Rodrigo Otazu concern.

For the international readers:
America's Next top model cycle 11 will come to Amsterdam. The charge 5 candidates will be complete for go-see's and some photoshoots. Apparently one episode are filmed on Tuesday June 11th. The shoot will contain accessories by Rodrigo Otazu, WHO lives in Amsterdam. Pictures complete!"

Thanks to Zappen Blog and Babel Fish for the translation
http://zappen.blog.nl/next_topmodel/2008/06/07/america-s-next-topmodel-komt-naar-nederland

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 08:17:56 AM »
AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL CYLCE 11:

AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL" RETURNS WITH A TWO-HOUR PREMIERE AND 14 NEW LADIES ON WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 3

Released by The CW

The CW's hit series AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL returns for cycle 11 with 14 finalists from across the country fighting to make their dreams of becoming a top model a reality on Wednesday, September 3 (8:00-10:00 p.m. ET).

AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL CYCLE 11 PARTICIPANTS:

Name: ANALEIGH Age: 19 Hometown: Sacramento, CA (currently Los Angeles, California) Occupation: Student

Name: BRITTANY Age: 19 Hometown: Henderson, Nevada Occupation: Customer Service

Name: CLARK Age: 19 Hometown: Pawleys Island, South Carolina (currently Columbia, South Carolina) Occupation: Student

Name: ELINA Age: 19 Hometown: Berdichieve, Ukraine (currently Seattle, Washington) Occupation: Currently unemployed

Name: HANNAH Age: 19 Hometown: Fairbanks, Alaska Occupation: Student

Name: ISIS Age: 22 Hometown: Prince George's County, Maryland (currently New York, New York) Occupation: Program Assistant at a non profit organization.

Name:JOSLYN Age: 23 Hometown: Lucky, Louisiana (currently Shreveport, Louisiana) Occupation: Student

Name: LAUREN BRIE Age: 20 Hometown: Charlottesville, Virginia (currently Radford, Virginia) Occupation: Student

Name: MARJORIE Age: 19Hometown: Marseilles, France (currently San Francisco, California)Occupation: Student

Name: McKEY Age: 19 Hometown: Lake Forest, Illinois Occupation: Student

Name: NIKEYSHA Age: 19 Hometown: Bronx, New York Occupation: Student

Name: SAMANTHA Age: 18 Hometown: Woodland Hills, California Occupation: Student Athlete

Name: SHARAUN Age: 18 Hometown: Chicago, Illinois Occupation: Student

Name: SHEENA Age: 21 Hometown: Honolulu, Hawaii (currently Harlem, New York) Occupation: Hostess/Go-Go Dancer

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 08:21:23 AM »

AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL CYCLE 11 TWO-HOUR SEASON PREMIERE

EPISODE 1:

CYCLE 11 KICKS OFF IN LOS ANGELES WITH A TRANSGENDER CONTESTANT

In the cycle 11 season premiere, 30 girls are selected to strike their fiercest pose at the Top Model Institute of Technology.

Ahi-tech runway analyzes the girls' strut & Tyra, Miss J and Jay Manuelassess which 14 show the most Top Model potential.

One of the models making waves causes a stir when she reveals that she'stransgender!

Once the finalists have beenhand picked, the ladies move into their house andtackle theirfirstphoto challenge: turning hot button political issues into hot pictures.

After the judges deliberate, the first of the fourteen is sent packing.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2008, 07:09:58 PM »
I found these looking for amazing race stuff

click click for a larger view

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2008, 01:16:43 PM »

I found these looking for amazing race stuff

Nice thanks for sharing  :jumpy:

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2008, 01:21:16 PM »
America's Next Top Model Episode 1:

The Notorious Fierce Fourteen Top Model Inauguration The Ladder of Model Success 

In the cycle 11 season premiere, 30 girls are selected to strike their fiercest pose at the Top Model Institute of Technology.

A hi-tech runway analyzes the girls' strut & Tyra, Miss J and Jay Manuel assess which 14 show the most Top Model potential.

One of the models making waves causes a stir when she reveals that she's transgender!

Once the finalists have been hand picked, the ladies move into their house and tackle their first photo challenge: turning hot button political issues into hot pictures.

After the judges deliberate, the first of the fourteen is sent packing. T

Tyra Banks, Paulina Porizkova, J. Alexander and Nigel Barker are the judges.

Sharaun is eliminated

« Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 01:27:46 PM by marigold »

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2008, 01:35:18 PM »
Next week on America's Next Top Model:

WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 10

"AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL" (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET)

"The Ladder of Model Success" (TV-PG, 14)

BENNY NINJA RETURNS AND TWO GIRLS GET CLOSE IN THE HOT TUB

Benny Ninja is back to educate the girls about posing, but one girls takes contorting her body a little too far.

Back at the house, the models bond in the hot tub where two girls get close and others have a confrontation about discrimination.

The girls literally climb the ladder of success when this week's challenge finds them swinging on a hanging rope ladder.

After the judges deliberate, one girl is sent packing.

Offline ANTMwannabe

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2008, 08:57:34 PM »
HI all ANTM fans! I am a newbie here but hope to make friends and chat about my favorite show! I can't believe Sheena is still in the house! I want her and her hoochieness (is that  a word) to go home!

Here is a really cool site i thought i would share with everyone. Its a live blogging site. Looks pretty good so far. http://www.mahalo.com/Americas_Next_Top_Model_Cycle_11_Spoilers

ANTMwannabe

PS. Does anyone else find Jays hair distracting this year?

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2008, 10:22:00 PM »
Update:

This week on America's Next Top Model Episode 3 The Ladder of Model Success

Nikeysha was eliminated

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2008, 10:24:58 PM »

Next week on America's Next Top Model Episode 4

WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 17

"AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL" (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET)

"You're Beautiful, Now Change" (TV-PG, L)

IT'S TIME FOR MAKEOVERS

The ladies are excited when Tyra reveals it's time for makeovers.

Hair is cut and tears are shed when the girls see their new looks for the first time.

The models head to Malibu for a swimsuit shoot with supermodel & designer Susan Holmes.

After the judges deliberate, one girl is sent packing.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2008, 10:30:52 PM »
HI all ANTM fans! I am a newbie here but hope to make friends and chat about my favorite show! I can't believe Sheena is still in the house! I want her and her hoochieness (is that  a word) to go home!

Here is a really cool site i thought i would share with everyone. Its a live blogging site. Looks pretty good so far. http://www.mahalo.com/Americas_Next_Top_Model_Cycle_11_Spoilers

ANTMwannabe

PS. Does anyone else find Jays hair distracting this year?

:hithere: ANTMwannabe and welcome to Reality Fan Forum

lol I don't find Jays hair distracting I think he looks great even though Nigel is my fav

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2008, 06:01:40 AM »

Episode 4 a recap

Tonight's episode of America's Next Top Model was the ever popular makeover episode.  Things got started when the girls found Tyra Banks sitting in their living room, dressed as a princess.  She told the girls a story of when she was a young model.  Someone in the industry told her and her mother that she should lose 15 pounds and Tyra's mom said, "Screw that.  Let's get a pizza!"  Instead of going down the high fashion route, Tyra took a different road and became a superstar thanks to Victoria's Secret and Sports Illustrated.  Don't ask what this story had to do with makeovers, but after Miss Jay came out dressed like a witch and Mr. Jay, dressed as Prince Couture saved her, the girls found out they were getting new looks.  Only Tyra could deliver that news in such a weird way.

For the most part, the makeovers were pretty tame and not very dramatic at all.  Isis received longer hair as did Brittany.  Lauren Brie just lightened her look, while Marjorie darkened it.  Clark and McKey went jet black and Sheena received lighter highlights.  The most dramatic change went to Elina, who received red, curly hair.  She broke down crying, saying that she didn't even recognize herself when she looked in the mirror.  Tears also flowed from Samantha's eyes, when her ponytail was chopped off and she was given a cropped, blonde 'do.

Elina and Brittany have managed to stay out of the drama in the house, until tonight, when they went head to head against each other.  When Brittany expressed how much she missed and loved her mom, Elina casually mentioned that she hated hers.  Joslyn teamed up with Brittany, confused as to why anyone would say such a thing about their mom.  Elina admitted that she saw and talked to her mother all the time and that her mother took care of her.  The girls said that Elina was just using her mother, a comment that upset her and made her feel uncomfortable with the conversation.

Tonight's photo competition took place at a beautiful beach, and the girls changed into swimsuits for their shots.  With new looks and newfound confidence, several girls stepped up their game and turned out great shots like Lauren Brie, Elina, Marjorie, Sheena, and Samantha.  Brittany landed in the bottom along with Analeigh.  Brittany was there for being just a pretty face, who was unable to connect with the camera.  Analeigh is there because, as a skater, they expected that she would be ahead of the game and has yet to really deliver. 

Brittany was eliminated.

Link: http://www.buddytv.com/articles/americas-next-top-model/americas-next-top-model-episod-22854.aspx

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2008, 06:05:48 AM »
Next week on America's Next Top Model:

Wednesday September 24, 2008 8:00 PM-9:00 PM EST

Episode 5: Fierce Eyes

TWO GIRLS ARE SENT HOME IN A SURPRISE ELIMINATION

The ladies practice their strut down a catwalk while wearing blindfolds and one girl shocks the judges when she decides to lift her dress while posing.

The winner of the blindfold challenge will pose for designer Kira Plastinina in a Seventeen Magazine advertorial.

In this week's photo challenge, the girls pose with their eyes. After the judges deliberate, one girl is sent packing.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2008, 03:40:13 AM »

America's Next Top Model Cycle 11 Contestants:

Elina, Nikeysha, Marjorie, Samantha, Joslyn, Analeigh, Sheena, McKey, Isis, Brittany, Hannah, Clark, Lauren Brie and ShaRaun

Eliminated: Nikeysha and Brittany

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2008, 03:43:16 AM »
America's Next Top Model a blurb in tv guide:

Tyra's Back on Top

Cheers to America's Next Top Model for looking good again. Tyra Banks' reality staple had seemingly reached the end of its creative runway, but the 11th cycle has proven surprisingly fierce. Casting the transgendered Isis could've been a stunt, but she's an intriguing competitor, and the impressively diverse field ranges from a wide-eyed but small-minded Alaskan (Hannah) to a tattooed, sexually ambiguous Angelina Jolie lookalike (Elina). With Project Runway stuck in a season-long malaise — hello, Suede? — it's good to see Tyra and Co. are back in fashion.

Link: http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-Editors-Blog/Cheers-38-Jeers/Model-Cheered-Comeback/800046933

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2008, 04:03:47 AM »
An interesting article:

'Top Model' reject Brittany Rubalcaba voices regret and remorse

Despite being the third girl eliminated from America's Next Top Model's eleventh season, Brittany Rubalcaba, managed to be involved in several memorable moments during her brief time as a contestant on the show.

However, during a conference call with reporters on Thursday, the 19-year-old customer service representative and student from Henderson, NV took some time to clear the air, apologize, and address some misunderstandings regarding her actions on Top Model.

"The situation with Hannah, I think honestly, was blown out of proportion. I never said Hannah was racist, that's one thing I never did say," Brittany told Reality TV World regarding her confrontation with the 19-year-old Alaskan during the show's second episode.

In addition, Britney also stated that despite the way the incident was presented on the show, she and some of the other girls didn't decide to collectively confront Harrah with their concerns that she may be prejudiced.

"It all came around and it ended up looking like we were ganging up, or that it was approached in that manner," she told Reality TV World. "Unfortunately it wasn't really like that."

Britney also showed remorse and regret for her argument with Elina in which she challenged the 19-year-old Ukrainian native's statement that she "hates" her mother and trashed her during a subsequent confessional interview.

"With Elina. Yeah, I apologize for the wording I used. If I could take back what I said in regard to calling her the 'evil B-word,' I apologized to her about that and we've talked about it and her and I are actually on good terms," she told Reality TV World. "But yeah I am apologetic and kind of embarrassed for my family, and my loved ones and everyone else who watched it because I shouldn't have said that."

Brittany also said that she has stayed in touch with Isis, and told Reality TV World that she never had any issue with her transgender status.

"My initial reaction, I was surprised because looking at Isis I would've never guessed that," she told Reality TV World. "But I think that early on I had a very good understanding in knowing that this was a competition, and whether you're transgendered or not, you're still a competitor... that's exactly what she is, she's a fair competitor... and she's a very good person."

Britney -- who described herself as "very young, very open and very willing to jump into [modeling]" -- told reporters that she was frustrated when constant descriptions of her being "pretty" eventually lead to her exit from the competition. While added that she had carried that label for much of her life, she added that it was a "double-edged sword" in the world of modeling.

"I felt like I got that stigma about me, and it kind of stuck," she told reporters. "Everything was 'Oh that's pretty' and 'You're so pretty' and its like, 'We don't want pretty.' So I was trying to break out of that mold and I couldn't find it, so it was just frustrating and I found myself continuously stuck in that kind of thing where 'Yeah, it's a pretty photo.'  But I don't want a pretty photo I want a fierce photo!"

After being told by America's Next Top Model host Tyra Banks to study European fashion magazines following her elimination, Brittany told reporters that she had heeded the advice and added them to her busy schedule, which currently includes working and attending school.

"It is helping. I'm practicing my poses. I'm practicing my looks, more than I should be," she said with a laugh.

Brittany also said that the competition -- and her elimination from it -- had taught many lessons about the modeling industry, including the importance refocusing expectations and adjusting accordingly in order to succeed.

"I saw myself as being more than just a pretty commercial face And from what I've taken from the judges and learned from Mr. Jay [Manuel], Jay "Miss J." Alexander and Tyra, there isn't anything wrong with that. It's just that maybe I didn't have the face for high fashion. 

Brittany said she still plans to pursue a modeling career, albeit perhaps not in the initial field she had been interested in.

"I can take my modeling career down a different path, in not necessarily high fashion but maybe catalogs," she told reporters. "Maybe catalogs will be my thing."

Link: http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/top-model-reject-brittany-rubalcaba-voices-regret-and-remorse-7771.php

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2008, 11:41:42 PM »
An interesting article on Episode 5:

Let's hope that, starting tonight, on America's Next Top Model, the girls find something else to talk about besides Isis.  It's only the fifth episode and already, I've heard every ignorant comment there is about her.  Perhaps if some of them would focus more on modeling than gossiping, they wouldn't find themselves close to the bottom each week.  Tonight, the girls get their first opportunity to walk the runway, but they'll have to do it blindfolded.  When they do their photo shoot, they'll have to pose with their eyes.  What this has to do with anything, I don't know, but I'm hoping that a model falls or crashes into someone.  With fingers crossed, I'll be here for the entire hour updating live.  Keep refreshing and post your thoughts, too!

Hannah is so rude.  There must not be people in Alaska because she certainly doesn't know how to talk to them.  She told Analeigh and Marjorie to "stop the pity party" after they said they were worried about getting eliminated. 

Miss J. is having the girls walk in high heeled bowling shoes back and forth on a bowling alley.  I don't think any of the models I saw at Fashion Week walk like this.  Their walks are pretty dreadful. 

Oh, here comes the Isis comments.  Clark wants her to go home and some of the girls are making fun of her.  Get a hobby, Clark.

Runway challenge!  Tonight's designer is Jeremy Scott and the girls are excited but there's a twist - they'll be blindfolded.  The winner gets a photo shoot modeling Kira Plastenina for Seventeen magazine and can bring two friends.  Always a tough choice.  Also, someone's getting eliminated right after this!  Pressure!

Okay, did anyone else laugh at Samantha's freakout over someone getting eliminated?  I kept freezing it on her face and laughing.  I literally did it like 4 times.

Oh no!  Samantha lifted up her dress on the runway even after Jeremy told her not to.

Challenge winner: Joslyn.  NICE!  She deserves it.  Eliminated: Hannah.  Her walk wasn't strong enough.

Mr. Jay wakes up the girls at the crack of dawn.  The shoot is happening right at the house.  Easy, right?  Today, they're only shooting the from the nose up and focusing on the eyes.  I actually think this shoot sounds cool and it will be interesting to see who performs well.  Tonight, my fingers are crossed for Analeigh.  I don't want to see her in the bottom again!

I don't want to see that Tyra Mail picture again.  Just a thought...

Pictures I like at panel: Sheena, Lauren Brie (look out for her!), Clark, and Samantha

Pictures I don't like at panel: Joslyn, Marjorie, Isis, McKey, Elina, and Analeigh (dammit).

The winner of tonight's photo challenge is Clark.  Her picture is displayed as digital art in the house (otherwise known as the worst prize ever).  After that the names that are called are: Analeigh, Lauren Brie, Sheena, McKey, Marjorie, Joslyn, and Elina.  Samantha and Isis are left in the bottom and I'm worried for Isis.  Big time.

Yup, Isis is going home.

Link: http://www.buddytv.com/articles/americas-next-top-model/americas-next-top-model-episod-23068.aspx

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2008, 11:37:32 AM »

Welcome to RFF ANTMwannabe! I've missed the first 3 episodes but I see that I can watch them on the web. (Maybe I can catch them as reruns hopefully.

I love this show, and can't wait to catch up with the new models.

Thanks MG for the updates!  :-*

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2008, 03:06:14 PM »

OXYGEN MEDIA ACQUIRES EXCLUSIVE CABLE RIGHTS TO "AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL"

Released by Oxygen

Network Acquires Full Library - Including Current and Future Cycles - of Groundbreaking Reality Competition Series Created and Hosted By Supermodel Tyra Banks

New York - September 25, 2008 - Oxygen has acquired the exclusive cable rights to the groundbreaking reality competition series "America's Next Top Model." The announcement was made today by Jason Klarman, General Manager, Oxygen Media. The network will bring viewers all the "Top Model" fashion challenges, photo shoots and model mayhem as the full library of the hit series joins Oxygen in January, 2009. In an agreement with CBS Television Distribution, Oxygen will retain exclusive cable rights to all episodes including the 11th cycle currently airing on the CW, the show's 12th cycle now in production and repeat airings of any future cycles beyond.

Created and hosted by world-renowned supermodel Tyra Banks, "America's Next Top Model" premiered in 2003 and became a phenomenal television success, especially among young women - "Generation O," Oxygen's target audience. For the last full cycle of the show on the CW (2/20/08-5/14/08), the median viewer age was 32, and for the first three episodes this season (9/3/08-9/17/08) on the CW, the show's median viewer age is 31.9. The "Top Model" genre of programming and the show's personalities have already proven successful on Oxygen, with "The Tyra Banks Show" airing daily on the network and former "Top Model" judge Janice Dickinson's series "The Janice Dickinson Modeling Agency" now in its fourth season.

"'America's Next Top Model' is a perfect complement to Oxygen's programming strategy, delivering fun and entertaining shows for women who like to 'Live Out Loud,'" said Klarman. " It's got all the right ingredients - a lot of fashion, plenty of beauty and a ton of drama. It really hits the bullseye with Generation O."

"The acquisition of this franchise will be a great fit for Oxygen's slate of original programming and introduce the show to an untapped demographically desirable cable audience," said Scott Koondel, Executive Vice President of Off-Network, Cable and Interactive Media for CBS Television Distribution.

"America's Next Top Model," currently airing its 11th cycle on the CW, has 14 beautiful participants living together and competing for the ultimate prize - being named "America's Next Top Model." The participants' abilities are tested each week as they strive to master the runway and fashion photo shoots, perfect publicity skills and learn the business aspects of becoming a supermodel, all under 24-hour-a-day surveillance of the "America's Next Top Model" cameras.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2008, 06:15:45 PM »
Next Week On America's Next Top Model:

Wednesday, October 01, 2008

8:00 PM-9:00 PM EST

Episode 6: "Natural Beauty"

THE GIRLS POSE AS NATURAL DISASTERS

The contestants are thrilled when Paulina shows up to show them how to model unflattering clothing with style.

Jay takes the girls to a new level when he asks them to pose as Los Angeles' "natural" disasters including an earthquake, tidal wave, heat wave and a traffic jam.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2008, 06:25:16 PM »

America's Next Top Model Video:

A preview for next weeks episode

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2008, 02:43:22 PM »
America's Next Top Model Ratings:

Released by The CW

90210 AND TOP MODEL POST LARGEST GAINS OF ANY SERIES ON TV IN WOMEN 18-34 WITH LIVE-PLUS SEVEN DAY DVR VIEWING INCLUDED

With Increases of Nearly 60% in Live-Plus Seven Day Ratings with Young Women, 90210 Posts Largest Increases of Any Scripted Series on TV and TOP MODEL Scores Biggest Increases of Any Network Series

The CW Scores Largest Percent Gains of Any Network in Women 18-34 and Adults 18-34 With New DVR Data Included

The CW Network continues to reap the benefits of Live-Plus Seven Day DVR viewing as 90210 and AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL scored the largest increases of any network series with women 18-34 (58% and 59%, respectively) compared to Live Only viewing for the week ending Sept. 14. The CW's Monday block of GOSSIP GIRL and ONE TREE HILL each scored more than 30% increases in with key demos once Live-Plus Seven DVR data was factored in.

The CW Network saw the largest primetime viewership increases (on a percentage basis) of any network in target demographics of women 18-34 (31%, 1.97 v. 1.50) and adults 18-34 (30%, 1.49 v. 1.15) for the week ending 9/14/08 according to Nielsen live-plus 7 day ratings vs. live only viewing.

On Wednesday, Sept. 10, "America's Next Top Model" scored the largest gains of ANY series on television (59%) with women 18-34 (4.09rtg v. 2.58rtg) in Live+7 DVR viewing versus Live only. Among adults 18-34, TOP MODEL improved 57% (2.72rtg v. 1.73rtg) in Live+7 DVR viewing compared to those who only watched live.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2008, 10:10:46 PM »
I love this show but I'm noticing less input from Tyra or so it seems to me and it just doesn't seem the same. I hope we see her interacting more, it just doesn't seem quite the same this season.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2008, 12:38:48 AM »
An article for Episode 6:

On tonight's episode of America's Next Top Model, the girls were faced with a challenge by Paulina Porizkova.  She informs them that, once the show is over, a bulk of their work will be in catalogs - if they're lucky.  Sometimes, clothes don't fit right or flatter the body so the girls were given tools to make their looks work for them.  The winner received 50 extra frames in tonight's photo shoot and McKey ends up doing the best job, impressing Paulina.  Back at the house, the girls confront Marjorie over her negative attitude and tonight's photo shoot revolves around natural disasters. 

Marjorie Is Her Own Worst Enemy

Marjorie is French and apparently, that makes her a negative person. She doesn’t believe in herself, she thinks she’s the weakest person in the competition, and she won’t stop beating herself up. During tonight’s challenge, in which the girls had to take clothes that didn’t fit and make them work, she looked so worried that Paulina was worried she was going to throw up. At her photo shoot, she needed to be spoon fed every piece of direction by Mr. Jay and broke down crying afterwards. There wasn’t a model within a 5 block radius who wanted to listen to her complain and Marjorie has seriously alienated herself this season.

These Models Are A Disaster!

For tonight’s photo shoot, the girls had to pose on a set made of small buildings and tiny cars. Each girl was assigned a natural disaster and had to play the part, while still selling their garment. One by one, they took the set portraying earthquakes, tidal waves, heat waves, and traffic jams (which isn’t a natural disaster at all). McKey was given 50 extra frames but she didn’t even need them, turning out a stellar performance from the get go. Unfortunately, that didn’t translate too well in panel and the judges seemed underwhelmed by her photo, even though Mr. Jay praised her to the heavens.

Personality Does Count For Something

This week, Joslyn and Clark land in the bottom two.  Joslyn started this competition as a strong competitor but has taken poor photos in recent times.  Clark alternates between taking great pictures and bad pictures, which just makes her a mediocre talent.  With two girls neck and neck, Tyra decides to keep the model with the better personality and, in her opinion, that's Joslyn.  Clark is sent home in a tearful elimination, but says that this has been the greatest experience of her life.

Link: http://www.buddytv.com/articles/americas-next-top-model/americas-next-top-model-episod-23266.aspx