Author Topic: What TV Networks show TAR around the world?  (Read 29068 times)

Offline BayBay

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: What TV Networks show TAR around the world?
« Reply #75 on: October 06, 2009, 08:11:59 PM »
Channel Seven in Australia is starting Season 15 earlier than usual!

First episode will be tomorrow evening (8th of October)  :hearts:

However they are only showing half of the American season premiere  :groan:

Thank God for the Internet!  :hugs:

Sucked in to everyone who is going to watch it THREE WEEKS BEHIND  :neener:

Offline Mattjimf

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #76 on: November 10, 2009, 07:15:27 AM »
Anybody know if any of the TV stations in Ireland (or the UK, we get most of their channels) is showing any season of TAR at the moment or soon? I know Living TV had 9 a while ago, but I've seen that season.

From what i can remember of having satellite it always seems to be TAR 9 that is on either Challenge or Living dunno why they keep showing that season, i remember i kept finding it on the episode planner thinking cool, and being disappointed that it was always the same season.

May have to send an email to beardy Branson to see if we can get TAR on Virgin 1 so all viewers can get the goodness of TAR (also Virgin own Challenge and Living so shouldn't be any issues with rights, unless they only bought season 9).

Offline Polarbear

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #77 on: November 23, 2009, 03:40:38 PM »
TV2 (TV2 Zebra) is currently showing The Amazing Race in Norway. Tuesday - Friday every week at 6.05 pm.
http://www.tv2.no/omtv2/program/amazing-race-2941612.html

TV2 Zebra is not the main channel for TV2, but most people have this channel.

Previously TAR has been shown on Viasat 4, but it was not a success at all, but hardly anyone watches that channel anyway. I`m glad TV2 picked it up so more people could enjoy this wonderful program. I sent an e-mail to TV2 and asked if they had considered making a norwegian version of TAR. The answer was no:( A shame really. The norwegian version of Survivor and a program called "71 grader nord" (Was called "No Boundaries" in USA, only one season though) are programs with good ratings on TV3 and TVNORGE respectively, so I don`t see why they wouldn`t make a norwegian version. I think it would be a success.

I`m trying to get the ratings for TAR on TV2 Zebra.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #78 on: November 23, 2009, 06:22:35 PM »
Thanks polarbear!! What season are they currently showing??
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Polarbear

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #79 on: November 24, 2009, 05:53:42 AM »
I think its the season 6 finale today. They are showing seasons 3-13 one more time. We will probably see season 14 and 15 in 2010.

Just got an e-mail from TNS Gallup the company that gives us the ratings. Since August 1 The Amazing Race has had an average of 27.000 viewers, that is a 3,1 % market share (?). But it hasn`t had any promotion at all so I`m not surprised by the low numbers.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 05:59:34 AM by Polarbear »

Offline inomu

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #80 on: November 24, 2009, 10:08:18 AM »
MTV3 will start airing season 12 in Finland on January 3, 2010. It will be 2-hour season premiere (which is strange because they always show 2-hour episodes as 2 different episodes and season 12 didn't have 2-hour premiere  :duno:). Ratings probably will be good because X Factor comes before it.

Season 11 ratings were bad because it came at same time as Finnish Big Brother. And next Sunday there will be Amazing Race finale and Big Brother finale at same time  :groan: