Author Topic: The Mole 5.0 *Ongoing Clue Analysis and Challenge Discussions*  (Read 231344 times)

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
Re: The Mole 5.0 *Ongoing Clue Analysis and Challenge Discussions*
« Reply #675 on: August 11, 2008, 03:36:52 PM »
That's just about the final nail in the coffin, Puddin.  All of the previous text clues have lead to the person who is executed that night.  So if the pattern follows it means that Nicole, our one and only OBGYN is due for exeuction tonight or in other words is the loser.  This leaves Mark and Craig.  And it looks like the analysis done by knuckles487 is bearing more fruit, and I now am leaning toward going along with his dart at Craig.

The clue N2O which most likely is a clue does point toward November 20, Craig's birthday.

The clue of CRG on the cell wall in ep 5 is not there in one scene but appears behind Mark in another scene.  Looks to be obviously added post-production and seems to fit with the other graffiti seen.

The clue of the four "i"s seen in only one scene behind Clay's confessional and only two "i"s in others
 certainly, positively  has been added in post production.  It could mean "four eyes" and refer certainly to Craig.

And a new one.  All the emphasis on red wine, on the table at all the meals, but more noticably with Jon on many an occassion when there was no reason for him to have a glass of red wine in his hand (unless he really is a wino) could be refering to the one state noted for wine production - California. And only one remaining player comes from California - Craig.

So it is late in the game but I have been convinced that the mole is not Nicole, but Craig.

And still Mark is the winner of the big bucks. 

Poor Nicole, she should have gone home with her mama when she had the chance.

Offline Cincy-David

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #676 on: August 11, 2008, 04:17:21 PM »
Not necessarily Gingerman

mobile text clues
EP10: G BOY N is OBGYN

abc clues:
EP10: THE MOLE

If you put that together with the ABC Widget clue, it could mean that Nicole is the Mole.

Although I still betting my money on Craig...

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #677 on: August 11, 2008, 04:45:13 PM »
but if we are to believe that last weeks clue pointed to Craig and this weeks points to Nicole then where does Mark fit in ....?

entertainment weekly clue:
I lie with my eyes

mobile text clues
EP1: NIC@IT 
EP2: Heart
EP3: grapes
EP4: cf (11) 8
EP5: CHNO 111738
EP6: X13421
EP7: EP: 1245
EP8: 00711
EP9: MAP REC   

abc clues:
EP1: E_E_E_
EP2: A B C B B    A C C B C A
EP3: s666 - LIAr
EP4: EFG PQR ZOO
EP5: 234 715
EP6: 334 631 244
EP7: 495
EP8: REFLECT  <<(reversed)
EP9: 7..26..52
EP10: THE MOLE << (blurred)

Offline Molecule

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #678 on: August 11, 2008, 05:30:47 PM »
but if we are to believe that last weeks clue pointed to Craig and this weeks points to Nicole then where does Mark fit in ....?

[mobile text clues
EP9: MAP REC   

abc clues:
EP9: 7..26..52
EP10: THE MOLE << (blurred)

I thought MAP REC was CAMPER - the word on Nicole's tee shirt. Then these would make sense?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #679 on: August 11, 2008, 05:53:54 PM »
I see, I thought people were leaning towards last weeks clue to mean La Recoleta Cemetery where Craig was doing his thing with the map .

Offline Molecule

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #680 on: August 11, 2008, 06:22:10 PM »
I see, I thought people were leaning towards last weeks clue to mean La Recoleta Cemetery where Craig was doing his thing with the map .

I think most everyone was, but I felt Eva Perón's death date pointed towards Craig also and it seemed strange to me that both the text and clue card would point to just one person. Anyway, just my theory! I still don't know, but I'm going with Craig. The key around his neck and the locksmith next to the dry cleaners was the horse that walked past my home for me. Someone shot me down for that way back when, but I see it's come back to the surface so I'd be happy if that turns out to be a clue and Craig is the Mole. I have to wait another 5-1/2 hours to find out! UGH. :'(

Oh, another theory I have that I think has been mentioned surrounds the fact that Craig quit his job to play the game. Either that's a really big risk to take or he already had a guaranteed income - by playing the Mole. Unless he's rich, San Diego ain't cheap! And we all know he launched his new business soon after returning home.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 06:27:27 PM by Molecule »

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #681 on: August 11, 2008, 06:28:51 PM »
Well, Craig's my second choice as the suspect and I wouldn't be surprised if he turned out to be the Mole.  But I'm still sticking with Nicole for now.  Some of the clues Knuckles487 can't be totally dismissed out of hand as being weak, such as the Selcraig bit, and the N20 (although it could also refer to Nicole) and #11 (especially #11).  But it's not enough for me to jump back to Craig yet.  But at 10 pm, we'll find out for ourselves who's the Mole.

Belle Book

Offline metsfan698606

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #682 on: August 11, 2008, 06:55:01 PM »
This is my first post here, but I've been reading it for a while. Everyone keeps talking about wine as a clue towards Nicole.  I believe in one of the first 2 episodes Nicole refers to herself as "Dr. Whiner" when they voted her the most annoying. They show the contestants drinking wine at every execution dinner, as well as a few tasks involving wine. (They had to find the hidden wine bottles in one mission.)

Offline The_Simpsons101

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #683 on: August 11, 2008, 08:05:16 PM »
I was just wandering, if all the text clues point to the person who is going home, how exactly does cf(11)8 point to Victoria?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #684 on: August 11, 2008, 08:09:28 PM »
I just wanted to say :welcome3: :partie: to all that have joined to help analyze the Mole , honestly we can't thank you all enough for participating in the theories  :waves:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #685 on: August 11, 2008, 08:21:03 PM »
Seconding puddin here! :jumpy: :hearts: :jumpy:

"It is not the destination it is the journey", and y'all have made every step of the way fascinating!

Thanks to you all, I can make a well reasoned argument for Mark/Craig/Nicole to be the Mole/winner/loser in any order you choose! :funny:

It has been a blast travelling the road with you all--you have educated and entertained and enlightened us every step of the way!

Thanks so much for joining us here!

We do hope you will consider joining us for the next seasons of Survivor, The Amazing Race, And Amazing Race Asia. Lots of detective work in all three shows and we would love the brain power!

See y'all soon! :dancer:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline rld0724

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #686 on: August 11, 2008, 08:52:53 PM »
I know this is kinda last minute, but if you look that the last clue, i.e. the mole rubbed out, It kind of reminds me of when I look at  something without my glasses on, hence I think this could be pointing to Craig & a direct link to the "I lie with my eyes" clue.  Not sure just a random observation, I guess we will see in a few short minutes.

Again it has been fun see y'all later

Offline therealmoflife

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #687 on: August 11, 2008, 10:05:48 PM »
***SPOILER ALERT***

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
The mole was indeed craig.  When the clues were discussed, a couple of them were.

a) the audio bit in the penultimate episode we had examined.
b) the 4 i's behind clay
c) craig carrying the mole sign
d) the fact that craig was never called for quiz results during executions.  One Jon Kelley called their most obvious.

Offline molenewbie

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #688 on: August 11, 2008, 10:12:47 PM »
Fat bastard cost me 50 bucks lol but its cool. I love this show.

Offline Groovyman

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #689 on: August 11, 2008, 10:17:46 PM »
I'm not sure if anybody else said this (or if it's unfounded) but in all the eliminations I've watched, Jon (the host) hasn't even called Craig's name. (It could just be editing though). Of course this might not mean anything if Jon really doesn't know who the mole is.

:lol: Hey Groovyman - I had mentioned this is a post a week or so ago, but this is way back there, but I confer.  Jon has never once shown Craigs results on the Monday night show.  (This is to the best of my memory).

Dave

Hurray for me and Dave for getting the clue right weeks ago?

HURRAY :sucks :sucks :sucks :sucks :sucks :sucks

Offline therealmoflife

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #690 on: August 11, 2008, 10:26:16 PM »
I thought it was interesting that the latitude and longitude was correct.

Offline molenewbie

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #691 on: August 12, 2008, 01:01:42 AM »
If we want to see another season of this wonderful show, every fan must do his or her part to sway ABC.

What can you do?

1. Send emails to the executives at ABC. Tell them how much you love "The Mole."

2. Send "Lemonheads" (Paul's "Mole" mascot) to ABC headquarters. Include a letter asking them to renew the show.

3. Spread the word! Get your friends together and watch previous seasons. Start your own "Mole" game. Make posters. Your imagination's the limit!

4. Bounce ideas off of fellow fans on ABC's forums and in this group.

With your help, "The Mole" can be saved from execution. Let's do everything we can!

Offline Molecule

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #692 on: August 12, 2008, 01:12:07 AM »
Kudos to everyone! I think the network should hire the whole lot of you to be writers! You all had better more sophisticated clues than the show even if they weren't actual clues in the end. They worked. N20? Not a clue??? Come on!

Congrats to all who picked up on the 4 i's. Nice work. The sign on the beach was rather obvious, but made me think twice about it just for that fact. Those teeny little clues in the intros? They were apparently onto anyone with Tivo! I just may have to subscribe if the show is saved. Several of you caught the fact that Craig was never picked out in the executions. Sweet.

So, will the offical web site reveal the text and card clues? Anything in the journal of relevance?

I'm going over to TAR next....

Oh, and I won the pool at work!  :yess: $2 Buck Chuck! sheesh

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #693 on: August 12, 2008, 02:09:04 AM »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #694 on: August 12, 2008, 02:14:17 AM »
I'm going over to TAR next....

:jumpy: :hearts: :jumpy:
  :yess: :wohoo:

And while I'm here congrats to those that stuck with Craig as the Mole from the beginning  :jumpy: :jumpy: :wtg: :party:

Offline knuckles487

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #695 on: August 12, 2008, 02:28:35 AM »
I thought it was interesting that the latitude and longitude was correct.

Actually, the longitude and latitude they were talking about wasn't the same ones as you circled in the moles journal.  They were talking about a very small set of numbers in the lower left corner of one of the maps they always showed when telling what city they were in.  The ones in the journal were still for LA.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #696 on: August 12, 2008, 02:36:59 AM »
kudos to knuckles especially, you stand out as the biggest supporter of Craig for the Mole  :sucks :jam:

Offline virushunter981

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #697 on: August 12, 2008, 10:31:35 AM »
Hey everyone!

I was very surprised to find that Craig was the Mole, but on second glance, I fell into the executed contestants' mindsets and believed that Craig couldn't be the Mole.  I'd be executed real quickly, let me tell you.  At the end, I had thought that Mark was the Mole.  But Craig's glance at the end of Three to Tango really threw me off.  Well, here are the Decoded Official Clues.

OFFICIAL CLUES

Episode 1:

NIC@IT

Spell out, "@" which will give you "NIC AT IT." Unscramble the letters and it spells TITANIC. During the first episode, Craig, the Mole, is at the stern of the ship, arms outstretched, just like in the movie. It also serves as a misdirect to NICOLE.

Episode 2:

Heart

This is a reference to Liz, (the executed player) as she was wearing big HEART earrings at dinner. These clues will sometimes refer to the Mole, and sometimes who is executed for the episode.

Episode 3:

Grapes

Bobby who was executed in Episode 3, received a "Grape" massage.

Episode 4:

cf(11)8

This clue refers to Victoria's execution this week. C1, F1 and C8, F8 are the starting positions for the BISHOP in chess. Victoria's hometown? BISHOP, TX.

Episode 5:

CHNO

C11 H17 N3 O8 is the chemical composition of TETRODOTOXIN, one of the most lethal neurotoxins in the world. There is no known cure. This refers to the Neuroscientist execution this week.

Episode 6:

X13421

This is the chord diagram for B Minor which also happens to be one of the chords in Alex's "Mole Hunting" song. (X) on chord charts designates an open string, the numbers correspond to the finger placement (1 -- index finger, 2 -- middle finger, etc.) This points to ALEX as the person that goes home this week.

Episode 7:

EP:1245

This points to the Executive Producer of Seasons 1 to 5 of "The Mole" (except season 3): Clay Newbill, and the Mole's next victim: Clay.

Episode 8:

10701 is the Zip Code for YONKERS, NY and the tip off for Paul's execution for this episode.

Episode 9:

MAP REC

Unscramble these letters and it spells "CAMPER" which refers to Nicole's shirt which she wore in the final mission. This tips off that she will be executed.

Episode 10:

G BOY N

Unscramble this to read: OBGYN, which is the clue for Nicole being "executed" this week.

WIDGET CLUES:

Episode 1:

E_E_E_

Craig, the Mole, makes a hangman reference regarding the Over The Fall mission.

Episode 2:

A B C B B
A C C B C A

This refers to the seating arrangement at dinner before the quiz. A = Players in the final three; B = Males; C = Females.

Episode 3:

s666 -- LIAr

The U.S. Federal Bribery statute is Section 666 (U.S.C. Title 18). The "s" refers to "section" 666 and the "r" makes a word out of the capitalized "LIA" (which unscrambles to ALI who takes the Mole's bribe in this episode).

Episode 4:

E F G
P Q R
Z O O

If you freeze frame and check out the license plate of the ambulance that wheels away Craig, the Mole, GPQ 604, and assign letters for the numbers [F= 6 ZERO = 0 D=4], it results in these 9 letters: E, F, G, P, Q, R, Z, O, O.

Episode 5:

This is a reference to the placement of the Final Three in the "All for One" mission: Mark (2nd) Craig (3rd) Nicole (4th), and the order in which they left below, Mark (7th), Craig (1st) and Nicole (5th)

Episode 6:

This is a clue for who is NOT the Mole - and that is the significance of the strikethrough of the letters. When the show cuts to MARK'S journal midway in the episode, he has certain notations for "sabotaged" missions next to ALEX, CLAY and PAUL. By crossing their #'s off, we imply that the MOLE is CRAIG, MARK and either NIC or PAUL.

Episode 7:

If you add up the numbers first entered by Craig, the Mole, into the computer during GO FIGURE, the total is

Episode 8:

TCELFER

This clue points to either MARK or CRAIG as the Mole. They were the only two players in that had their own reflection in the background during this episode. To read this clue, you'd have to hold it up to a mirror. It also dovetails with "How's The View?" where the "Vue" Goggle Vision was the mirror image of the outside world.

Episode 9:

This is the date that Eva Peron died and it's a nod that Craig, the Mole, visited the Recoleta Cemetery during the final mission.

Episode 10: The Mole - in blurry letters

"THE MOLE " in blurry letters points to Craig, the only player who wears glasses.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #698 on: August 12, 2008, 11:44:27 AM »
Jon said that there were buried clues in each episode as to whom the mole was.  Some are pretty wishy-washy and actually did not pin point the mole.  Such as in ep 2 which only told us that Ali was not the mole.  Or in eps 3 and 4 which supposedly told us who the final three were and could have applied to Nicole or Mark also being the mole.  The single frame (in very small letters) longitude and latitude for San Diego was even hard to spot going frame by frame.  Same for ep 7 when in tiny, tiny letters Rojo Corbata was hidden within the thumb print.  And finally the audio clue in ep 9 which was an audio clue being played backwards.

We had some better clues such as N2O and wine.

But the producers did try to aim toward the RRF detectives this time.  But how many of the clues could the average audience detect?  Probably only three: CRG, 4 i's, and the fact that Craig's name was never called during the execution exercises. 

These kinds of hidden clues do not attract a large audience.  An audience who is watching the show "on air" and is not reviewing every scene on slo-mo videotape.  Yes, it appeals to the sleuths who hang out here, but perhaps a few dozen  or so do not an audience build.  Sorry to say, I think that the producers did themselves a disservice by making the clues so infintesimal and only detected on frame by frame review of the videotape and so they lost audience as the series progressed (as the downward trend of viewership confirms.)

Again, sorry to say, I think we have seen the last of The Mole. :'(

Saying that, this is the GMan rounding third and being throwed out at home. :waves:

Offline MountainsOutOfMoleHills

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #699 on: August 12, 2008, 06:11:47 PM »
Hey! Just came to say goodbye. And maybe the mole could become a cheaper late night show. It doesnt cost much to produce the show, does it? Or maybe an internet series. Or maybe a daytime series. Or maybe a MOVIE! Well, enjoyed the show. Bye!

-MountainsOutOfMoleHills