Author Topic: The Mole 5.0 *Ongoing Clue Analysis and Challenge Discussions*  (Read 231343 times)

Offline therealmoflife

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: The Mole 5.0 *Ongoing Clue Analysis and Challenge Discussions*
« Reply #625 on: August 05, 2008, 03:18:49 PM »
I don't know.  If the mole is craig...nicole seemed to be on to him.  So I think that nicole will be the winner.  because mark has been after nicole.  craig's never really said anything about who he is after, nor has he said anything about the money.  suspicious....

Offline Aventus

• RFF Full Member
  • Jumping the shark?!.
« Reply #626 on: August 05, 2008, 03:27:19 PM »
I have been reading all the comments and theories (and oh wow, you guys have some serious talents... and here I was thinking that the investigations were restrict to TAR and a tad to Survivor sections), and u guys really deserve kuddos.

Personally, I think Craig is the mole.
Nicole could be it, but I think all the "sabotages" she did was just part of her strategy and personality.
Mark, well, I really didn't saw much mole activity of his part. Much of what he did to lose money was for his best interest (not purely losing money to the pot, but getting vital information, exemptions and so on).

With this in mind, I just wanted to add those peace of infos that would point to Nicole (altought the last one didn't seen to have been added digitally, so if it was the case, I think it would been a little to obvious to the person who was reading it).

Look at that "smile" on the top right of the Digital.

Now, on the subsequent scene, we are shown this, with Nicole using a smily shirt.

The Dossie being read by Mark with a name... reflected for us.

Offline Cincy-David

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #627 on: August 05, 2008, 03:28:37 PM »
COMPILED From other members.

More Reasons Craig is the Mole:

I am sticking with my Craig is the Mole Theory. Here are some more clues.

July 26, 1952 has a special significance in Argentina, it is the day that Eva Peron died. This could point to Craig...+

Another Clue : Craig said he wanted to own his own business and theres a journal entry with the mole saying that they wanted to own their own business and craig openly said that tonight.

Take a listen to this: Ok, I heard the sounds before the commercials decided to go back on the DVR, record it and toy with it. The first part is the original audio, then reversed, then finally reversed and slowed down. I guess this could be considered (major?) SPOILER MATERIAL so listen at your own risk

http://www.swbcrew.com/moleclue.mp3

One thing i'm really curious about....the dossier. Would the Mole producers want the Mole to get the dossier? or would they want them so far away that it was impossible to get to it before an actual player did? The reason i asked this, is cause i got curious how far away the players were from the final destination (the pointy thing on the bridge). So i went to Google Earth and plotted Craig at Eva Peron's grave and Mark at the National Congress Building. I couldn't plot Nicole cause, well, who knows where here final clue would have been.

The map with their locations can be found here:

http://members.shaw.ca/squeezedrabbi...s/location.jpg

I don't think there's a snowball's chance in the fiery bowels of you know where of Craig ever making it to the bridge before Mark. Since last i checked, Craig's not a crow and cannot fly directly there, he's going to have to go the same distance as Mark all the way to the water THEN walk alllllllll the way down to the bridge. It's over double the distance Mark had to go, which is a straight shot btw.

Perhaps Craig is the mole and they wanted to ensure he didn't get the dossier before anyone else. But wouldn't that have been easy enough to do by slacking off like Nicole did? OR, is it more likely that the producers wanted to ensure the Mole got to the dossier first, thus putting Mark much much closer to the bridge than Craig?

Offline Aventus

• RFF Full Member
  • Jumping the shark?!.
« Reply #628 on: August 05, 2008, 03:37:03 PM »
The distance from the last clue to the bridge means nothing because, supposedly (that's only because we never get to see them choosing the envelops), they pick it at random, as Jon stated "In just a moment I will ask you all to select one of three envelops..."

Offline Rabbit

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #629 on: August 05, 2008, 03:51:12 PM »

if the mole is someone hired by ABC to SABOTAGE the game than I don't think craig deserves to be paid   :groan:

EP1: Craig missed the bag of money. He also brought nothing back from the beach other than a sign from the mole.

EP2: Craig didn't help in soccer, was super slow getting to the funicular and told Bobby to sit in the wheelbarrow, bringing no pigs back.

EP3: talked after the finish line on the luge, found the clothes but only *after* everyone else had found new clothing. Still, he was deemed the hero.

EP4: Craig slowly made his way up the mountain. almost succeeded in running out of time. Didn't participate in the "who said that" game.

EP5: Ok craig did nothing on the chains challenge, but more than made up for it by taking the exemption in the llama challenge.

EP6: Missed the target (but so did everyone else 'cept alex). Seemed to be of very little help in solving the brain teasers.

EP7: Craig tried confusing Nicole with incorrect number totals then placed himself in the position to be the one entering in the code that worked, thus being the hero again.

EP8: Craig conveniently had the exemption card and seemed to not even be trying to hide when he got hit. IN the blindfolded challenge, he went painfully slow on the high beam, bumped the table which spilled the tea and asked Nicole a question to which she answered.

EP9: He actually helped win money for the pot for once.

I don't think the Mole has to blatantly sabotage things (like Nicole does) in order to sabotage them. Just by slowing people down, eating time away, and making others have to solve the clues are all excellent ways to keep money out of the pot. Picture a 2 person team rowing across the river. If one team member doesn't row very much or even drags his oar in the water a bit, it'll be nigh impossible for the other rower to succeed in rowing across the river. He doesn't have to take an axe to the bottom of the boat, blatantly sabotaging the progress. He just has to hinder. Craig did that.

Offline Nightstalker

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #630 on: August 05, 2008, 04:50:28 PM »
COMPILED From other members.

More Reasons Craig is the Mole:

I am sticking with my Craig is the Mole Theory. Here are some more clues.

July 26, 1952 has a special significance in Argentina, it is the day that Eva Peron died. This could point to Craig...+

Another Clue : Craig said he wanted to own his own business and theres a journal entry with the mole saying that they wanted to own their own business and craig openly said that tonight.

Take a listen to this: Ok, I heard the sounds before the commercials decided to go back on the DVR, record it and toy with it. The first part is the original audio, then reversed, then finally reversed and slowed down. I guess this could be considered (major?) SPOILER MATERIAL so listen at your own risk

http://www.swbcrew.com/moleclue.mp3

One thing i'm really curious about....the dossier. Would the Mole producers want the Mole to get the dossier? or would they want them so far away that it was impossible to get to it before an actual player did? The reason i asked this, is cause i got curious how far away the players were from the final destination (the pointy thing on the bridge). So i went to Google Earth and plotted Craig at Eva Peron's grave and Mark at the National Congress Building. I couldn't plot Nicole cause, well, who knows where here final clue would have been.

The map with their locations can be found here:

http://members.shaw.ca/squeezedrabbi...s/location.jpg

I don't think there's a snowball's chance in the fiery bowels of you know where of Craig ever making it to the bridge before Mark. Since last i checked, Craig's not a crow and cannot fly directly there, he's going to have to go the same distance as Mark all the way to the water THEN walk alllllllll the way down to the bridge. It's over double the distance Mark had to go, which is a straight shot btw.

Perhaps Craig is the mole and they wanted to ensure he didn't get the dossier before anyone else. But wouldn't that have been easy enough to do by slacking off like Nicole did? OR, is it more likely that the producers wanted to ensure the Mole got to the dossier first, thus putting Mark much much closer to the bridge than Craig?

Very interesting stuff with the audio.  Good work.

Although I think the dossier thing doesn't mean much.  Bill was the mole in season two and he got to the dossier first and decided to burn it in favor of adding money to the pot.  And like someone said, the three envelopes were random.

Offline Nightstalker

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #631 on: August 05, 2008, 05:04:28 PM »
I think I might have just deciphered a big clue. Back in a thread talking about episode 3, someone noticed that while Jon was telling the players at the spa about the clothes mission, a clock in the background suspiciously gave a different time. Slowhatch said: "Also, if you tell players "it's already after 4 o'clock," don't be standing next to a wall clock that shows 2:46 p.m." I decided to check this out for myself, and here's what I found:

The first shot of the clock shows it displaying a time of 14:26 (or 2:26 pm). (Sorry if the pictures aren't very good.)

Later, after a commercial break, the same thing replays, but then there is a closer up shot of Jon with the clock on the right edge of the picture. This time the clock read 14:4... with the last digit slightly obscure. I was able to get a picture that showed enough of the last digit to reveal that it is a 2 (Check it out with a calculator: no other number works with the image). Thus, the time shows 14:42.

After that, there is a wider shot similar to the first that shows a time of 14:26 again. (So the clock never actually says 14:46.) Jon then says that they have reservations for 6:30 and that it is already past 4.

So, the clock, which suspiciously doesn't show the right time, suspiciously jumps forward 16 minutes and then back again in the space of 10 seconds.

Now for the interesting part. I have previously seen people trying to match up groups of numbers found in the show to passages from the Book of Mark from the Bible to see if they're clues that point to Mark as the mole. I decided to do this and looked up Mark 14:42 (the numbers even have the colon in the right spot). Here, Jesus says to his disciples, "Rise! Let us go! Here comes my betrayer!”

If that isn't a clue, I don't know what is.

I definitely think this COULD be a clue because it seems more in style with the traditional clues given out on The Mole.  The only explanation I can think for it otherwise is reshoots.  Maybe Jon didn't deliver a line perfectly so once the players left to start their mission they had him resay it from an angle where the spots the players would be standing in couldn't be seen.  Right or wrong that's some interesting detective work.

Offline Rabbit

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #632 on: August 05, 2008, 05:21:36 PM »
Unless the players told the others some tidbits about their audition applications, Quiz question #18 seems to be something that could be found only in the dossier. It's the only non-game question.

Also, does anyone know which of the answers could pertain to Nicole? According to their bios on ABC's website, none of them are Nicole.

Question 18: Which of the following facts did the Mole highlight in their player application?

Went to Thailand after tsunami Craig
Hates people who complain Mark? His bio says he has no patience for whiners.
Has a 143 I.Q. Mark

Offline therealmoflife

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #633 on: August 05, 2008, 05:55:15 PM »
Hasn't Nicole said on multiple occasions that she hates people who complain.

Offline Rabbit

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #634 on: August 05, 2008, 10:34:16 PM »
i dunno. i was hoping y'all knew. Seems kind of ironical though considering she was voted the biggest whiner by the group. She constantly is crabbing about something or another, last eppy being a prime example.

but i guess it would HAVE to be  her or there wouldn't be one for each player.

Offline eazeymac91

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #635 on: August 06, 2008, 07:58:52 AM »
I just found something in the mole journal that may or may not have been mentioned( and may or not be a clued).  On one of Episode Eights pages( I think its the second one) there is green paint splattered on the pages as if a paintball hit it. Now by process of elimination Craig and Nicole were the only ones hit by the paintballs and they actually splattered on them.  If i remember correctly the paintballs paint was green. Could this be a clue pointing us away from Mark and pointing us more toward Craig with the combination of the audio clue?

Offline Aimbo

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #636 on: August 06, 2008, 11:25:28 AM »
The green paint from the paintball game has already been mentioned as a clue, but it is a good one.  I don't think it counts Mark out though since he was the one firing the green shots it could still be "his" color....

This is my first time posting so I have a few random observations...

1.  Anyone think it might be relevant that Nicole was wearing a green shirt in the next episode?

2.  Anyone think Craig randomly "knows" a lot of things?  How to fire a pig from a slingshot?  "Oh look, our clothes in this here laundromat"?  A map hidden in the ceiling?

3. After learning from past seasons that the winners of The Mole had formed alliances, I would think that the producers would ask the mole to adopt this same strategy to throw people off his/her trail this year.  Anyone these top 3 formed friendships with was evicted...
Craig +Bobby
Nicole + Clay
Mark + Clay

4. Mark has been subtly slowing down a LOT of tasks, the way he freaked out when they were all chained together, the last task, etc.  (As well as the obvious not doing the underwear task OR the transportation task AND him conveniently being not part of the soccer game) I would LOVE it to be him.

5. Mark did nothing to calm down Paul and Clay in the van ride...he tried to stay as invisible as possible... the mole LOVES it when there is disharmony in the group.

6. The producers could have cast Craig as the mole... aside from him being hard to blame for being slow due to his size, a few tasks (the laundromat task and the last task requiring him to either try on a leather jacket or game jersey depending on the envelope he picked out) would make his physical size hard for him to complete!  It would be hard for the team to blame him for not being able to find clothes to fit him when he's that large... it falls under the "it's not his fault" category.

7.  Episode 5, what kind of flowers were at the end of the table?

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #637 on: August 06, 2008, 06:15:00 PM »
I have a couple of observations of my own in the show:

1.  Both Craig and Mark mentioned just before the final quiz that they wanted the money.  Nicole did not.  Could that mean she is the Mole?  Or are either Craig or Mark trying to throw us off?

2.  Jon mentioned that it was the Last Supper at their final supper.  The Last Supper is in all four of the Gospels, and Mark has the same name as the author of the Gospel of Mark.  Is Mark the Mole?

3.  Mark decided to read the dossier.  Normally, I would think that this is proof that Mark isn't the Mole, and I still don't really think that he's the Mole.  But I read a Fantasy Mole story where one contestant (her name was Holly) was the first one to reach the location of the Mole dossier and she chose to read it.  I was absolutely convinced she wasn't the Mole -- and she was!  So I can't totally eliminate Mark as a suspect.

Belle Book

Offline Big Eric

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #638 on: August 06, 2008, 09:44:53 PM »
I have only watched episode 9 of this show, but was a huge follower of season 2 and understand that show and how it works. Just from episode 9, I could tell that Craig was the mole. Just from the huge clue in episode 9, that giant piece of artwork that they were at during the final test. It was a huge flower sculpture. The bridge that they were at was a huge piece of art. I think the mole is an artist. Jeezem that's Craig. I've read the past few pages here and haven't seen either the bridge or the flower being cited as clues to who the mole is. Forgive me if it's been mentioned before, but I searched and didn't find it.

Offline p1a55b1idii

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #639 on: August 07, 2008, 01:40:56 AM »
Why is Craig the only one to have his age actually labelled Age: in the intro?

Offline elomkram

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #640 on: August 07, 2008, 09:35:47 AM »

MY PERSONAL ENDGAME SENARIO - no one has mentioned yet

craig chooses nicole as the mole
nicole chooses craig as the mole

both are wrong
mark is the best mole ever

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #641 on: August 07, 2008, 09:43:06 AM »
I have only watched episode 9 of this show, but was a huge follower of season 2 and understand that show and how it works. Just from episode 9, I could tell that Craig was the mole. Just from the huge clue in episode 9, that giant piece of artwork that they were at during the final test. It was a huge flower sculpture. The bridge that they were at was a huge piece of art. I think the mole is an artist. Jeezem that's Craig. I've read the past few pages here and haven't seen either the bridge or the flower being cited as clues to who the mole is. Forgive me if it's been mentioned before, but I searched and didn't find it.

I'm handicapped because I never watched before this season, I've had my suspicions of Craig ever since the ambulance episode. I just don't know! All three are very good!

Welcome to RFF Big Eric. (And a big welcome to all our new members!) 

:bigwelcome
« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 10:47:24 AM by TexasLady »
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #642 on: August 07, 2008, 09:45:51 AM »

MY PERSONAL ENDGAME SENARIO - no one has mentioned yet

craig chooses nicole as the mole
nicole chooses craig as the mole

both are wrong
mark is the best mole ever

If he is, hats off because he has really fooled me! (Didn't his wife say something like he could be the mole and even she wouldn't know?)
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #643 on: August 07, 2008, 12:45:02 PM »
:welcome2: to our new members BigEric and Aimbo! !

I still like this clue a lot, as well as the smokestack reflection one. I just know that means something, it is just what that is puzzling me! :lol:

But kudos to production for keeping us all guessing till the bitter end! And the biggest kudos of all to all of you for making this thread so fascinating! I am constantly in awe of all the things you all point out!

:ghug:

Interesting...

I was just rewatching the end of last week's episode in search of a game question answer--

And during the quiz, when they are showing the computer answers, on the question "When did the Mole see their loved one" the little white cursor arrow went straight to #3...

And #3 was Nicole.

I didn't see that cursor arrow used on any other questions at all, which made this one look pretty blatant.

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Molecule

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #644 on: August 07, 2008, 06:10:38 PM »
I still like this clue a lot, as well as the smokestack reflection one. I just know that means something, it is just what that is puzzling me! :lol:

Has anyone thought that maybe the E in Estrella backwards looks like a 3? Maybe it's just the one letter and not a word that we were supposed to pick out?

That would correspond with the quiz cursor pointing at the #3 question with an answer of "Third." Maybe a repeating clue?

Offline Molecule

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #645 on: August 07, 2008, 08:19:19 PM »
I guess this question in the last quiz explains why the Mole's online journal was edited to take out the word "blindfolded" huh?

Question 6: Where did the Mole sit during "Fruit of the Luge?"

1. In the front of the sled - None (blindfolded)
2. In the back of the sled - Mark, Nicole, Craig

Doesn't help us any!!!  :groan:  Just an observation....  :waves:

Offline Molecule

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #646 on: August 07, 2008, 08:45:18 PM »
One last observation from moi for now (I think). Ever notice how the quizzes have questions that only have one person as an answer to who the Mole is? They are all Yes or No answers. Such as, "During When Pigs Fly, was the Mole transported in a wheelbarrow for the majority of the time?" and "Did the Mole get inside of a sleeping bag during the All for One mission?". There are several of them and that one person has always ended up executed. Saying that, I scanned thru all the quizzes and MARK is the only one as far as I could tell who has never been pointed to in one of these types of questions.

Examples for Nicole and Craig include:

Nicole: "During the Who Said That mission, was The Mole's answer disqualified?"
Craig: "In the mission Tick Tock Boom, did the Mole cut the wire?" and "During the mission Go Figure, was the Mole wearing a hat?"

I just see a pattern here, but who knows.

Mark did lose the most money in the end, but only because of the dossier so who knows if that was just lucky. Otherwise, he would have been third in keeping money from the pot.

Go ahead. Call me crazy! I'll admit that this show drove me bonkers!  :jumpy:

Offline elTopo

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #647 on: August 08, 2008, 12:49:06 PM »

Nicole: "During the Who Said That mission, was The Mole's answer disqualified?"

The way I interpretted that question, "Was The Mole's answer disqualified?" I thought it was for Kristen. Kristen was asked a questions and she gave an answer and in the end Kristen's answer she gave was disqualified. But I can see it your way too when I think about it... I still remember other questions only pointing out Nicole though so I see what you mean.

Another thing... I may have mentioned this before... but Estrella in Spanish means Star. I don't see how this helps any though.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #648 on: August 08, 2008, 01:25:56 PM »
It's Rhyme Time for Nicole:

Too many visual on-air clues that point to one person as the mole

1.  N2O (seen on the wine barrel) which could be Nitrous Oxide a gas used by surgeons in some kinds of pregnancies.

2. STIs (the reflection seen in the factory window) which could be for Sexually Transmitted Infections which are treated by doctors

3.  Red Wine (seen at all the dinners, and close by Jon on several occassions) which could stand for Good Health a concern of doctors.

4.  The curser arrow pointing at "Third" which was Nicoles position in the question asked.

5.  The number "3" centered over one cell door and the same cell chosen by Nicole befoe the cell to mole task.

6.  The name "NICOLE" seen in reverse through the top of the first page in the mole's dossier as it was scanned by Mark.  The question here would be would the producers add the mole's name in such a big headline for Mark to see, or was it added in post-production for only the audience to see?

7.  In the opening title construction just before the letters finally turn into reading MOLE the letters form the word MOM.  An OBGYN doctor deals with moms and moms-to-be.  So could refer to Nicole.

These clues all follow the same pattern as the clues for Bill in The Mole 2 which centered on he being an admiral.

In conclusion, it seem all to lead to

THE MOLE IS NICOLE

Heck, it even rhymes. :hearts:

« Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 09:48:45 PM by gingerman28 »

Offline beagle

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #649 on: August 08, 2008, 03:32:39 PM »
Hello everyone!  I have been reading this board since the season started, but this is my first post.  You guys have marvelous theories and are excellent at spotting clues.  I thought I would put in my two cents about the two monster clues that were given in EP 9: the sound and the watermark.
I definitely agree that the it sounds like "craig buried paul" and I believe that this is definitive proof of the mole's identity.
The reason that I don't put as much stock in the watermark is that I believe that the case contained dossiers of all three players, without defining which one is the mole.  That way, Mark could take his suspicion of who the mole is and be able to answer a question about him/her.  Therefore, I see the NICOLE watermark as a red herring.
I know that this argument is not ironclad, and if I'm wrong I'll laugh at myself  :funny:  I would much rather see Mark as the mole because he seems least likely at this point.