Author Topic: The Mole 5.0 *Ongoing Clue Analysis and Challenge Discussions*  (Read 231782 times)

Offline multi007

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: The Mole 5.0 *Ongoing Clue Analysis and Challenge Discussions*
« Reply #575 on: July 31, 2008, 06:49:51 AM »
 I knew it wasnt Paul.  The mole could not be so loud, vocal, arogant, to bring the focus to him.   Im still thinking its Craig.    The early clue "I lie with my eyes" gives me Craig.  I know there were other clues, but this is the only one that gets me thinking Craig.  Stll not sure about that baby cry though.  That gets me thinking Nicole.   

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #576 on: July 31, 2008, 03:39:08 PM »
I was hoping the Mole was Paul, because although he was loud and aggressive and in your face, he couldn't directly be pinned to many sabotages, but at the same time was still causing others to lose focus and lose missions. I will be really disappointed if the Mole turns out to be Craig. I would just feel like the producers had "dummed it down" and made the Mole clues too easy if that is the case, cos so many clues seem to be pointing to him from early on (one of the reasons I had ruled him out as the mole). I will be happier if I find out Nicole was the Mole, and Mark would be absolutely fantastic, just because any moleish activity he had carried out was so subtle, and the blame in each case transferred to other people, which is what the mole should be doing - making others look guilty, while looking innocent himself. Unfortunately I don't think that Mark was the Mole, but I can always hope.... :lol:
I have watched a few of the International versions of the Mole, in addition to season 1 and 2 of the US series. Every time there is someone who you think is "likely to be the Mole" from early on, but each time I have either been pleasantly surprised to find out who the Mole actually was, or have only cottoned on to the real Mole in the final few episodes. The Mole revealed episode is always great, when you get to see what sabotage was overlooked, or the blame was able to be transferred to another contestant. I am really really really really hoping that this Mole comeback isn't going to be a big let down because they have tried to appeal to a wider audience by diluting the original concept too much.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #577 on: August 01, 2008, 07:55:04 PM »
 :waves:

Offline randallcornelius

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #578 on: August 01, 2008, 08:12:58 PM »
well, i feel pretty special right now...the two least likely players that could have been the mole based on what little we knew from the first episode, yet i said might be the mole anyways, are still here. Mark and Craig have been my suspects all along, and i don't think i have any reason to change them...but I am going to point out that i don't think Mark is mole, and am actually leaning towards Nicole but I refuse to change my answer  :lala

I think that anyone one of the last three could be the mole, though...with enough manipulation to each clue, you could make anyone of them point to each of the final three. In my opinion, here's how i would rank the probabilities of the final three in each category:

Winner:

1. Mark
2. Craig
3. Nicole

Loser:

1. Nicole
2. Craig
3. Mark

Mole:

1. Nicole
2. Craig
3. Mark

obviously, based on what where i have placed craig, i am borderline with him right now. He is definitely the hardest to peg.  :duno:

Offline marukisu

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #579 on: August 01, 2008, 09:01:19 PM »
Wel the journal entry would imply that the mole was hit by the paintball whic narrows it down to Nicole and Craig. Mark is off the radar and has been off the radar since that other journal enty when they did the Soccer game. Mark wouldnt comment on the soccer game if he were the mole because he was running up the hill with kristen.

Now in reference to the "Reflect" clue card if you reflect that word from the perspective it is shown then you get it showed normally instead of with the  mirror effect. So there froe it would imply that The Mole had a regular perspective. Thuis would point toward Nicole because she had the camera.

I must admit since my Paul theories were shot down i didnt know who it was but now im positive its Nicole.

Why cant ABC.com put these damn journal entires up after the episode. Also it seems like theyre will be a journal entry for episode 9.. Does this mean we will se that execution before the reunion?

Offline breanainneire

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #580 on: August 01, 2008, 11:12:03 PM »
I think I might have just deciphered a big clue. Back in a thread talking about episode 3, someone noticed that while Jon was telling the players at the spa about the clothes mission, a clock in the background suspiciously gave a different time. Slowhatch said: "Also, if you tell players "it's already after 4 o'clock," don't be standing next to a wall clock that shows 2:46 p.m." I decided to check this out for myself, and here's what I found:

The first shot of the clock shows it displaying a time of 14:26 (or 2:26 pm). (Sorry if the pictures aren't very good.)

Later, after a commercial break, the same thing replays, but then there is a closer up shot of Jon with the clock on the right edge of the picture. This time the clock read 14:4... with the last digit slightly obscure. I was able to get a picture that showed enough of the last digit to reveal that it is a 2 (Check it out with a calculator: no other number works with the image). Thus, the time shows 14:42.

After that, there is a wider shot similar to the first that shows a time of 14:26 again. (So the clock never actually says 14:46.) Jon then says that they have reservations for 6:30 and that it is already past 4.

So, the clock, which suspiciously doesn't show the right time, suspiciously jumps forward 16 minutes and then back again in the space of 10 seconds.

Now for the interesting part. I have previously seen people trying to match up groups of numbers found in the show to passages from the Book of Mark from the Bible to see if they're clues that point to Mark as the mole. I decided to do this and looked up Mark 14:42 (the numbers even have the colon in the right spot). Here, Jesus says to his disciples, "Rise! Let us go! Here comes my betrayer!”

If that isn't a clue, I don't know what is.

Offline jskura

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #581 on: August 02, 2008, 02:27:57 AM »
:waves:

Ok, couple things that are bugging me about this.

1) Why does the word Mole appear first on the second line? In addition, the word game isnt actually completed either.

2) In the postcard thing, on the first line. If you look, the word kind is spelt wrong (knid), and the word of is rather spaced out compared to the other time the word of appears. Any ideas on that one, or just another goofup?

Offline s1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #582 on: August 02, 2008, 05:49:01 AM »
From the Mole's Journal - why is it written in all capital letters except for the i's which are lowercase?  Also as pointed out above kind is misspelled knid.  K'ni'd - whose name does this make you think of - 'Ni'cole maybe.  And something that my son pointed out to me early in the game about NICOLE's name.   Take the N & I and and put them together and you get an M.  Take the C & O and overlap them and you get an O.  Combine with the remaining letters and you get MOLE. 

Personality wise I don't think of Nicole as the Mole but they could be using reverse psychology this season and making the Mole more noticable (and less likeable) so therefore less suspected.  I picked Craig week 1 as the Mole from personality alone.  Loveable, easy going, teddy bear type who is overlooked because of his size.  He isn't expected to be fast so if he fails a challenge it is attributed to lack of ability not Mole activity.   If it is Mark they've done well with his persona.  High strung but likeable.  Intelligent and highly competitive.  Did they burn the Journals just to throw suspicion away from Mark since he was the only one to blow a gasket for fear that taking away his journal would get him eliminated.  The Mole has no worries in that department so the situation could have been created to cast doubt if others had been getting too close to guessing Mark as the MOle.  The weekly tests give them a good idea of whether or not the Mole's cover is still in place. 

The reveal show should be interesting.  Can't wait to find out what clues we picked up on correctly, what was misdirection and what totally sailed over our heads completely unnoticed.   I don't expect much to fall into that last category.  We have great sleuths  :tup:

Offline MountainsOutOfMoleHills

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #583 on: August 02, 2008, 12:07:57 PM »
Notice there is an eye in the ink blotch below "Mile?"

Offline Rabbit

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #584 on: August 02, 2008, 02:55:17 PM »
some thoughts regarding the journal entry and most are leading to Nicole for mole (which i was so hoping they wouldn't)

1. the doublets shown....none of them are complete or accurate solutions. The first column would be if you removed the word 'bail'. The others, at first blush, look complete but they're not.  Who was the one in the episode who submitted an answer but had a mistake on it? Nicole

2. The doublet at the bottom, however, has "mole...male" glaringly out of place. THis is the only indication that i can see that the mole could be a male. Combine this with the screen cap floating around of a shot of mark exiting his cell with the words "male...mole" over his shoulder and you might have something!

3. The green paint comment limits it to Nicole & Craig.

4. THe mispelled postcard to Paul i believe was just in mockary of his inability to spell.

5. At the bottom of the postcard, however, the mole says "we'll miss you. (sort of)". I'm not sure the exact words Nicole used, but she said something at the end of the episode to the effect of "I'm sort of going to miss him." I'll have to double check but i'm pretty sure she used the word 'sort of'

6. does anyone remember on which side of the child's block the shape pieces were sitting? this would  give a good idea as to the Mole's viewpoint. (from video cam side, or from blindfolded side)

7. cool catch on the eye below the doublet. can't figure out what it would mean.

8. The all caps and small i are simply the font. nothing more.

Something Paul said in the episode got me. At the dinner table, he outright said he believes Nicole is NOT the mole, that he had pegged one of the two guys from the beginning. This just seemed so incredibly out there and absolute and Nicole didn't seem to even flinch. At that moment i thought "holy crap! i bet she turns out to be the mole then!" you know, irony of ironies and foreshadowing and all that.

i really hope she isn't though.

Offline knuckles487

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #585 on: August 02, 2008, 04:04:21 PM »
2. The doublet at the bottom, however, has "mole...male" glaringly out of place. THis is the only indication that i can see that the mole could be a male. Combine this with the screen cap floating around of a shot of mark exiting his cell with the words "male...mole" over his shoulder and you might have something!

I've seen that shot but dismissed it as being nothing.  If it does indeed turn out to be something then perhaps it only tells us the mole is a male.

I prefer this one myself.  lol  Looks like a mole caught in headlights.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #586 on: August 03, 2008, 10:54:15 AM »
Is this another clue pointing to Nicole as the mole :duno:

As the players assembled at the beginning of the CELL to MOLE task, the camera held on a closeup of sign "3" on one of the cell doors, it was the only such number shown in closeup.  When Jon asked the players to select a cell, Nicole very quickly said "number 3".  Coincidence? or clue that whomever selected Number 3 was the mole?

Also note that when the four players were appoaching their chairs for the results of the quiz the three men all carried their journals with them.  Nicole did not carry a journal.  Coincidence?

The three men were again all dressed in black (except for Craigs bright red sneakers) while Nicole stood out in her patterned dress.  Coincidence?

Or were Craig's red sneakers a sign that he was Mestophocles   or The Mole?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2008, 10:59:42 AM by gingerman28 »

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #587 on: August 03, 2008, 04:06:48 PM »
The "Oh Paul, I hate to admit it but you kind of grew on me" certainly seems to me to suggest Nicole to me.  She would be the kind of person who would hate to admit that somebody who's a lot like her would actually grow on her.  But of course, it could still be Craig as he didn't like Paul either.  Still, the phrasing suggests Nicole to me.  So she moves just a little ahead of Craig, with Mark still way behind in my suspicions (but still a suspect).

Belle Book

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #588 on: August 03, 2008, 06:59:55 PM »
On the postcard does the use of quotation marks ["] instead of apostophies ['] have any significance?

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #589 on: August 03, 2008, 11:45:54 PM »
On the postcard does the use of quotation marks ["] instead of apostophies ['] have any significance?

I believe it's just part of the font they use

Offline knuckles487

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #590 on: August 04, 2008, 06:43:09 AM »

Welcome to this weeks episode of:

GUESS THE OUTCOME

Tonight we find our mole hunters in the difficult position of having to solve a puzzle in 60 minutes in order to defuse a bomb and keep it from blowing $50,000 to smithereens.

The video which puddin linked for us in the episode 9 video thread shows that our trio have found what they think to be the correct answer and with less than one minute left head to the bomb to cut the proper wire and save their money.

They have the wire.......wire cutters are in place.......time ticking down......ready to cut........but of course a problem ensues.  They start to chatter and wonder if the wire is the correct one, etc.  Ohhhhh, the tension.  All that money on the line.  Cut the wire and the mole was unsuccessful.  The three of the are seen in what appears to be a happy moment of celebration.  Yeaaaa molehunters.  But does it happen?

The sneek peek video released on ABC also shows the bomb defusing mission also.  Toward the end we hear the bomb ticking.....then ticking even faster......just like in the movies when with 1 or 2 seconds left the hero triumphs and deactivates the bomb saving dozens of schoolchildren or a busload of cheerleaders.

But I wonder if it happens.  So I am going to try and GUESS THE OUTCOME.

The celebratory pose the three are in says to me that they succeed in stopping the bomb in time.  Jon walks in and tells the group:  "Congratulations, you have successfully defused the bomb".  A moment of silence from him to let the players look happy.......and then......."but we have a problem".  "During the mission, there was interference with the timekeeping device.  The second hand was prevented from moving for 6 seconds, and since you cut the wire with only 2 seconds remaining, you were actually 4 seconds late and the bomb should have detonated.  Therefore, you are penalized 4 seconds and DO NOT win any money for the pot".

All this probably does not happen but I am posting it for 2 reasons.  First, I like this outcome better than if they succeed and win the money.  Second, in the video on ABC Craig walks over and stops the clock from moving.

You can see Nicole standing by the board working on the solution, Mark is back by the blue wall, and Craig apparently walks over to the clock to see how much time they have left.  He grabs the second hand and it quits moving but you can't tell how long he holds it because the shot cuts away.

I like surprises so I am guessing this outcome.  Anyone else want to play and take a shot at it?

Offline Pearlgirl4221

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • "Shelves in the closet happy thought indeed!"
« Reply #591 on: August 04, 2008, 08:49:19 AM »

Welcome to this weeks episode of:

GUESS THE OUTCOME

Tonight we find our mole hunters in the difficult position of having to solve a puzzle in 60 minutes in order to defuse a bomb and keep it from blowing $50,000 to smithereens.

The video which puddin linked for us in the episode 9 video thread shows that our trio have found what they think to be the correct answer and with less than one minute left head to the bomb to cut the proper wire and save their money.

They have the wire.......wire cutters are in place.......time ticking down......ready to cut........but of course a problem ensues.  They start to chatter and wonder if the wire is the correct one, etc.  Ohhhhh, the tension.  All that money on the line.  Cut the wire and the mole was unsuccessful.  The three of the are seen in what appears to be a happy moment of celebration.  Yeaaaa molehunters.  But does it happen?

The sneek peek video released on ABC also shows the bomb defusing mission also.  Toward the end we hear the bomb ticking.....then ticking even faster......just like in the movies when with 1 or 2 seconds left the hero triumphs and deactivates the bomb saving dozens of schoolchildren or a busload of cheerleaders.

But I wonder if it happens.  So I am going to try and GUESS THE OUTCOME.

The celebratory pose the three are in says to me that they succeed in stopping the bomb in time.  Jon walks in and tells the group:  "Congratulations, you have successfully defused the bomb".  A moment of silence from him to let the players look happy.......and then......."but we have a problem".  "During the mission, there was interference with the timekeeping device.  The second hand was prevented from moving for 6 seconds, and since you cut the wire with only 2 seconds remaining, you were actually 4 seconds late and the bomb should have detonated.  Therefore, you are penalized 4 seconds and DO NOT win any money for the pot".

All this probably does not happen but I am posting it for 2 reasons.  First, I like this outcome better than if they succeed and win the money.  Second, in the video on ABC Craig walks over and stops the clock from moving.

You can see Nicole standing by the board working on the solution, Mark is back by the blue wall, and Craig apparently walks over to the clock to see how much time they have left.  He grabs the second hand and it quits moving but you can't tell how long he holds it because the shot cuts away.

I like surprises so I am guessing this outcome.  Anyone else want to play and take a shot at it?

I love this theory!!! I really hope that something happens to night that’s totally unexpected molerific!!! Since I have been on board the  "Craig is The Mole" train sine the second episode, I truly love the sneak Craig sabotage! I am sooo excited for tonight’s episode, but can't believe I have to wait another week to find out everything!!!
"But pride where there is a real superiority of mind, pride is always under good regulation." ~Mr. Darcy, Pride and Prejudice~

Offline knuckles487

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #592 on: August 04, 2008, 10:13:17 AM »

One more post.  I can't stand Nicole so I hate to toss anything her way but what the heck.

Notice anything strange about this picture from last weeks episode?

The room Mark is in is located in Mendoza and was used for confessionals at the end of episode 4 and most of episode 5. Those were the only episodes we seen this room until now. During episode 5 Mark has confessionals in this room that were shown during the All for One mission. He had been talking about whether he could trust Nicole and if she might take the exemption from the cage if they let her get unchained.

During this confessional in episode 8 his words were: "Nicole could either be the mole or a great manipulator of the game. If she is here tomorrow you just have to watch out for her".

I'm sure he said this while talking about her and the chain mission, but this particular comment wasn't shown until toward the end of the show last week. My question is WHY? Why show that particular comment now, three episodes later? Was there nothing similar said now that could have been used? Since it was shown just before the final 4 took the quiz is it meant to foreshadow that she is the winner since she is "still here tomorrow"? Or is it meant to foreshadow that she is the mole? I doubt that last one but I am thinking the winner thing could be a possibility.

Offline elomkram

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #593 on: August 04, 2008, 10:19:57 AM »
Vermicious KNIDWikipedia, the free encyclopedia - Cite This Source

Vermicious knids are a fictional species of amorphous, shape-shifting monsters that invade the Space Hotel USA in Roald Dahl's Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator, the sequel to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. They are also mentioned in the 1971 feature film adaptation, Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory, except on this occasion they are referred to as being one of the species that inhabits Loompaland.

Description
In their natural form, vermicious knids are huge, dark, egg-shaped beings that are quite at home in the vacuum of space. They attack space vessels by ramming them, pointy-end first. Their homeworld is the planet Vermes.

Their one weak point is that they are show-offs; they cannot resist shaping themselves to spell the one word they know how to spell--SCRAM--before they attack.-----------------------

SCRAM-------REFLECT-----------MARCS----------------- MARK IS THE MOLE

Offline Pearlgirl4221

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • "Shelves in the closet happy thought indeed!"
« Reply #594 on: August 04, 2008, 12:47:49 PM »
Does Any one have the text clue for week nine???
 Also any ideas about this weeks abc clue: 7..26..52???
So far no light bulbs for me but I am still working on it.
"But pride where there is a real superiority of mind, pride is always under good regulation." ~Mr. Darcy, Pride and Prejudice~

Offline Rabbit

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #595 on: August 04, 2008, 01:22:40 PM »
knuckles....where is the video that includes craig holding the timer? I found one puddin posted of the sneak peek but it didn't show craig.

in that sneak peek, it shows a green laser coming out of the minute hand. I'm thinking that perhaps at particular times, the laser points to a letter on the wall or onto the map or something. Notice in the screeen caps above, there is a "45 minutes" and "15 minutes" written next to a couple of the city locations.

I'm wondering, since there is a digital timer hooked to the wires with a readout of the time left, that the clock in the middle isn't really counting down the time but is used as a pointer. Craig could have just been holding it at a certain spot so Mark (since nicole is top of screen) could pinpoint what the laser was  lighting up.

That being said, i LOVE your scenario! The only thing that concerns me is that it would give it away that Craig is the mole. If Jon said "however, we have a problem. Craig held the timer for 6 seconds..." That would convince nicole and Mark that craig is the mole right then and there.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #596 on: August 04, 2008, 01:38:15 PM »
text clue thanks to the abc message boards

MAP REC

link to the preview
http://abc.go.com/primetime/themole/index?pn=index

youtubed when ready
« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 02:47:39 PM by puddin »

Offline jskura

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #597 on: August 04, 2008, 02:17:57 PM »
Scrolling through the diary entries today, spotted something interesting.

Notice the picture in the entry.

Methinks that rules Craig out.

Offline knuckles487

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #598 on: August 04, 2008, 02:38:30 PM »

That's a picture of Clay.

Offline knuckles487

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #599 on: August 04, 2008, 02:48:28 PM »
I'm wondering, since there is a digital timer hooked to the wires with a readout of the time left, that the clock in the middle isn't really counting down the time but is used as a pointer. Craig could have just been holding it at a certain spot so Mark (since nicole is top of screen) could pinpoint what the laser was  lighting up.

I would think the clock is in no way actually connected to the digital timer.  I'm sure it is used to help decode the puzzle in some way but not as an actual timer.  You can also see Mark in the preview pushing the arm on the clock.  I was just saying my way would be more entertaining.  lmao