Author Topic: The Mole 5.0 *Ongoing Clue Analysis and Challenge Discussions*  (Read 231781 times)

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: The Mole 5.0 *Ongoing Clue Analysis and Challenge Discussions*
« Reply #550 on: July 29, 2008, 09:21:57 AM »
Did anyone see what was in the reflection of the building when they arrived at the first mission?
The stack, which can be seen in reflection when they arrive and also during the board-walk, has "estrella" written on it. Unfortunately, Grupo Estrella is a very large corporation in Argentina, so Jon's description of an "abandoned mill on the outskirts of Buenos Aires" will have to do for now.

Offline washburn927

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #551 on: July 29, 2008, 09:29:14 AM »
One more thing...regarding the mole's journal for this week, notice that the journal says Favorite Band-?. Craig didn't know who his friend's favorite band was during that mission. Also, just to post a few things that make me think Craig is a good candidate for the mole because someone said no one has done anything mole-like. 1) As Mark frequently points out, Craig can fail and people will cheer, like in the waterfall mission. 2) In the Alexander Selkirk mission, he was a scavenger and could've easily ignored or kicked away one of the necessary items. 3) Craig talked to Victoria at the end of the fruit of the luge mission, discounting the money they earned. 4)Craig deliberately asked Nichole a question during the most recent mission in which Nichole had the camera and was not allowed to talk. Anyone who knows Nichole knows that she would answer without thinking. 5) Craig suggested that Bobby get in the wheelbarrow in the pigs mission. (His team earned no money). 6) Craig didn't even make it across the bridge to the chalkboard in the last mission, although I think he genuinely was scared. 7) The most suspicious thing to me is when Craig was the first one to say "Exemption" at the dinner table. It seemed odd to me that he would ask for an exemption for being sick. Sounds like the producers told him he had to say that so that he could control the Travelers mission, which he sabotaged, even leading Mark to give up. 8)I know there are others, but I haven't gone back to watch the episodes, so any other "Craig is the mole" fans feel free to chime in.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #552 on: July 29, 2008, 10:39:49 AM »
I am still sticking with Craig.  Did anyone notice the shirt he was wearing in the first challenge.  For me it looks like a red circle with an animated mole in the middle.  Since there is no cross bar like in the road signs for no left turn and such, could this be a clue that Craig is the MOLE, Can anyone with the skills get a shot of this and post it for us all to see.

Dave

Did anyone see what was in the reflection of the building when they arrived at the first mission?!?!?!?!   :iok

I am trying to get a shot of it, but it appeared to be a water tower that had the words SITS on it. No clue what it means or if it plays in.  It was way to obvious of a reflection though not too.  If anyone has a photo, please post.

Dave

and my cursor shot: :lol:

And y'all know there are loads of pics in the media thread too, right?
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #553 on: July 29, 2008, 10:46:37 AM »
Odd:

I posted that reflection pic in answer to a request...but didn't notice till I did that there is another reflection on the bottom left .....

Any thoughts?

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline jojonj

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #554 on: July 29, 2008, 10:48:52 AM »
Ok...well I am probably going to get the I'm reading into things too much talk..LOL...but the clue was reflection...if you turn the letters around it says STIS...I looked it up and it has to do with NASA, and one of the people who invented it was a Mr. Mark Lee...I know it is out there but it could be something..hahaha

Offline jojonj

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #555 on: July 29, 2008, 11:34:09 AM »
Hey Georgia Peach...seems like you are good with getting pictures up here...if you go to the abc website and watch that little video clip...when Mark comes out of his cell, he has his hand over his mouth and next to his head it says Male MOLE...thought that was interesting!

Offline rld0724

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #556 on: July 29, 2008, 12:58:49 PM »
Hi first time poster here, but as with all first time posters, been following all season. I don't usually have much to contribute as I feel  everyone here does an excellent job of that. I just wanted to say thank you too everyone who has made this experience more enjoyable for me.  I thoroughly enjoy reading everyone's theories as to who the mole is, personally I think it is Nicole, but as always, never really sure.

jojonj, I found the picture that you were looking for, might just be coincidence but still interesting none the less

Offline jojonj

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #557 on: July 29, 2008, 01:43:53 PM »
Thanks rld...and welcome to the board...glad you decided to post...It may be a coincedence but I thought it odd, it caught my eye right away. :O) :bubs

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #558 on: July 29, 2008, 03:42:24 PM »
Now that Paul is in bye-bye land, it now looks like it has boiled down to a tossup between Craig and Nicole.  Each has many clues pointing toward them.  Both have been the cause of the team losing money: in ep 1 both Craig and Nicole failed to grab the bag; in ep 2 both were on the soccer playing group which lost out to Mark and Kristian and lost money for the pot; in ep 3 Craig talked after the finish line and cost the pot $10,000 and Nicole conned Alex to name the green apple twice and lost the pot $12,000.  And so it goes.  In the last several tasks both Craig and Nicole were on the same losing group so either one or both of them could be sabotaging the task. Hard to say.

But other clues seem to point more to Nicole than Craig.  (1) in the opening titles before the title "Mole" is seen, the letters spell out "MOM", which did not refer to either Marcie or Liz but may refer to Nicole who as a OBGYN Doctor works with Moms or Moms-to-be.  (2) References to apples may refer to "an apple a day, keeps the doctor (Nicole) away.  (3) an arrow in ep 7 quiz points to the answer "3" which was identified as Nicole. (4)The sign on the wine barrel in ep 5 "N2O" could refer to Nitrous Oxide a gas used by doctors for the Laparoscopic management of the persistent adnexal mass in pregnancy. (5) Nicole is hit first in the paintball fight and keeps $10,000 out of the pot.

Also note that at the dinner in eps 5 and 6 everyone except Nicole is dressed in black so that she stands out from the rest and therefore is different from the rest. As the mole is different from the rest.

She also in ep 8 is first to call out a cell number.  The producers in "private meetings" with the mole often advise the mole of what is coming up and what they should do; such as call out a particular number or team they want to be on since the mole knows the significance of that call. Such as which cell would not have an exemption and would give the mole a chance to lose money for the pot. Nicole was alone outside the cabin and on the beach in ep 1; in the last few eps she has had a room by herself (we all think, at least) since she is the only female left in the competition.  These are perfect times for the producers to sit down and plan for the next day's action and what group she should be on. They tell her what group has the best chance to lose or not make money for the pot and then note that in almost every case Nicole is the first to call out her choice of groups.

Look at many of the tasks Nicole is on (for which she is quick to chose a group, a group with a better chance to sabotage the game) and she slows things downs, gives the wrong answers, or counts wrong.

There is too much evidence for Nicole not to be the mole.

And still Paul thought Craig was the mole, he was electrocuted so Craig is not the mole, and Mark has been too good at winning money for the pot to be the mole, that leaves Frau Doktor Professor Nicole as the MOLE.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 03:51:05 PM by gingerman28 »

Offline molenewbie

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #559 on: July 29, 2008, 05:28:22 PM »
Im glad Ginnger man took to my " apple a day keeps the doctor away clue!!!! I FEEL SPECIAL!!! lol :-[ :hearts:

Offline marukisu

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #560 on: July 29, 2008, 07:04:25 PM »
Since Paul (my main suspect) is gone heres my prediction for the final episode.

Nicole- THE MOLE

Mark-THE WINNER

Craig-THE RUNNER-UP

Offline MountainsOutOfMoleHills

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #561 on: July 29, 2008, 07:36:22 PM »
When the meanings of the clues are revealed (my favorite part of the Mole,) if they show the building reflection clue or the 23 degrees clue, THINK OF MountainsOutOfMoleHills!! :happy:

Offline Nightstalker

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #562 on: July 29, 2008, 07:56:13 PM »
What can I say?  I'm stunned.  It sucks so much to have my two main suspects (Clay and Paul) make it so far and then get eliminated back to back right before the finale.  It's such a punch in the gut.  I'm speechless now.  I was off on at least one or two things when I deduced who I thought the mole was from the mole's journal on the ABC website.  Or maybe the journal was just crap.  Who knows right now?

To the mole: congrats.  You did extremely well.  You're either someone who was way too obvious that I decided not to pick you (Nicole and Craig) or you're someone who seems so much like a player (Mark) that it'd be shocking for it to be you.  The mole earned their money this season.  So did the mole.  Here's my final guess which is probably wrong because it's coming from me. ;)

The mole: Nicole
The winner: Mark
The loser: Craig

Here's a question.  What's up with putting the question, "Is the mole male or female" on the last few quizzes?  If Nicole is not the mole that would be a freebie.  She'd be the only player 100% sure everytime that the answer is male because she's the only female in the game.  That makes me think she's the mole.  If not then it's so not fair that she gets a free answer every week just because all of the other women were too dumb on the quiz to stick around.

Offline jskura

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #563 on: July 30, 2008, 11:00:45 AM »
I'm willing to bet all the tests were created before the contestants were even picked, and the fact that Nicole is the last female is kinda making it suck for the producers, but I doubt they could change the tests. Besides, it adds a bit of stability to the tests.

Besides, if Nicole is the mole (and I personally think she is) then everyone who has been saying Male has been getting it wrong all these weeks that she has been the only female.

At this point, I am hoping:

Mole: Nicole
Winner: Mark

But I'll have to wait til I see the finale.

On that note, I wont be posting here at all next week, as I am pretty sure I am working, and thus unable to watch the episode, so no one will hear my thoughts on anything else until after I see it. I dont want it spoiled at all.

One last thing. At the end of Ep 8, Nicole and Mark both said they were not the Mole, but Craig said it was Mark.

Thoughts?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #564 on: July 30, 2008, 12:10:13 PM »
Y'all know that Monday 8/4 is the final challenge and quiz, but the big reveal is not until the finale on 8/11? So we won't know the winner or the Mole till 8/11...

So you should be safe to play with us till 8/11, I think!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline marukisu

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #565 on: July 30, 2008, 01:37:29 PM »
Y'all know that Monday 8/4 is the final challenge and quiz, but the big reveal is not until the finale on 8/11? So we won't know the winner or the Mole till 8/11...

So you should be safe to play with us till 8/11, I think!

they should show both episodes on the same night. and have it as a two part finale

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #566 on: July 30, 2008, 02:22:07 PM »
Remember The Mole is on ABC, not CBS.  The latter has a better sense of programming.

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #567 on: July 30, 2008, 03:16:42 PM »
Ok...well I am probably going to get the I'm reading into things too much talk..LOL...but the clue was reflection...if you turn the letters around it says STIS...I looked it up and it has to do with NASA, and one of the people who invented it was a Mr. Mark Lee...I know it is out there but it could be something..hahaha

STIs also stands for Sexually Transmitted Infections.  Such infections are very often hard to see in women and a DOCTOR'S services are needed to determine what the symptom is.  A doctor such as an OBGYN could be consulted if a woman is worried about STIs.   Who is our doctor?  None other than Frau Doktor Professor Nicole.

Note that in the reflection the original name of the factory "ESTRELLA" has been changed in post-production to read STIS.  The "R" has been over riden with "IS".  The producers did much the same in Mole2 when the blank sky was added stars including the zodiac sign for Bill the Admiral and Mole.

Estis also is a family name found often in Illinois and California.  Anyone happen to know the maiden name of either Nicole's or Craig's mother?

Offline Pearlgirl4221

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • "Shelves in the closet happy thought indeed!"
« Reply #568 on: July 30, 2008, 04:18:34 PM »
Well, Well, Well!!!! I am surprised how many people are guessing Nicole as the mole! I suppose there is some evidence for her put it all seems to far fetched for me. I would also like to bring up that people who thought the mole was Nicole have left a long time ago (Clay, Alex, Bobby). A couple clarifications:
1) the reason that it said male mole behind Marks head is because that is how he solved the puzzle.
2) Nicole answered the cell number she wanted first and then Paul and then Craig and then Mark...and that is the order they were standing in left to right, so I think they just answered down the line.
3) I think that if she was the mole and when answering first she would have said cell five for two reasons. 1-she has the exemption if she is the shooter 2-she has the exemption and can get shot(purposely) keeping money out of the pot.
4) I think if you were to look back at past episodes Craig has answered first when dividing into teams more than she has.
5) the finale being on 8/11 made me think of that text clue from week 4(I think) cf(11)8...weird
6)In the past I had some what disregard the bright light in the back of each online clue but when I was "reflecting" back on past clue I noticed that it was not always in the same place so I took note of that letter/number/symbol it shining on in each clue, this is what I found:
week1: E
week2: C
week3: -
week4: P
week5: 7
week6: 6
week7: 4
week8: L
I am not sure what this means but it made me think of a telephone number(the -) So idk maybe it means something maybe not but I would be interested to see what people can come up with.
7) I don't think JOn knows who the mole is but they can still direct what he says and does so don't disregard him based on the fact that he doesn't know.
8)It seems that Craig rairly shares who he thinks the mole is....hhhhmmm.....
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 04:27:15 PM by Pearlgirl4221 »
"But pride where there is a real superiority of mind, pride is always under good regulation." ~Mr. Darcy, Pride and Prejudice~

Offline breanainneire

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #569 on: July 30, 2008, 05:20:38 PM »
I originally had a theory about the 23 degrees clue, but it has since tanked. I found that the Tropic of Cancer and the Tropic of Capricorn are located at about 23 degrees latitude north and south, respectively. I thought maybe the mole would be one of those zodiac signs, but, to the best my info off the internet, Nicole is an Aries, Mark is either Libra or Scorpio, and Craig is Scorpio. Shucks, I thought that would have been a simple interpretation of the clue.
I did a bit more digging and found that the brightest star in the constellation Aries is located at a declination of 23° 27′ 44″, but I think that's pretty farfetched for a clue.

Also, with the tower-reflection thing, "estis" is also the past tense of the verb "to be" in Esperanto. (As if that means anything.)

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #570 on: July 30, 2008, 06:04:06 PM »
Well, well, well.  Paul was the one to go, and there was no tie.  Does that mean that Craig isn't the Mole after all?  Or did Paul just not know enough questions about the Mole?  I don't know.  Right now, I'm tied between Craig and Nicole as my chief Mole suspects.  Mark is way behind, but he could still be the Mole.

Since I said that I was torn between Craig and Nicole, here are two possible outcomes:

1.  The Mole -- Craig.
     The winner -- Nicole.
     The runner-up -- Mark.

2.  The Mole -- Nicole.
     The winner -- Craig.
     The runner-up -- Mark.

Belle Book

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #571 on: July 30, 2008, 07:33:40 PM »
:welcome2: to RFF, breanainneire (interesting about the Aries connection)  and Rid0724 (thanks for the pic too) !!

Glad y'all found us!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline MountainsOutOfMoleHills

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #572 on: July 30, 2008, 09:56:52 PM »
AND, the 23 degrees WAS  on NICOLE'S door.

Offline Molecule

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #573 on: July 30, 2008, 10:17:59 PM »
Estis also is a family name found often in Illinois and California.  Anyone happen to know the maiden name of either Nicole's or Craig's mother?

Craig's mother's maiden name is Lauretta Entwistle.

Nicole Williams is such a common name I'm not even going to bother hunting down her mom. However, her mom's first name is Ledora as we know already.

Offline Rabbit

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #574 on: July 31, 2008, 01:48:13 AM »
some thoughts...

-that reflection almost looks like 21123. I agree that they clearly put an S over the arms of the E to turn it into an S I. The T almost looks like they made the trunk of it brighter than the cross part to emphasize it so it looks like an I or a 1 instead.

2112 gives me a Rush album. 21123 gives me the zip code for Pasadena, Maryland (not Pasadena CA)

- when picking the cells and solving the riddle last episode, Nicole Craig & Paul had the blue paint jackets on. Mark didn't. *surprise surprise* the one without the paint jacket came out victorious, thus not needing the paint jacket he so conveniently didn't have on. :)

- if Jon's comment about "ONE of you is lying" (after he asked each if they were the mole) can be taken at face value, their replies eliminate one of the remaining 3 players as being the mole.