Author Topic: The Mole 5.0 *Ongoing Clue Analysis and Challenge Discussions*  (Read 231819 times)

Offline eazeymac91

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: The Mole 5.0 *Ongoing Clue Analysis and Challenge Discussions*
« Reply #450 on: July 20, 2008, 11:11:48 PM »
Does any OBGYN use laughing gas.....I dont think so. Craigs is more reasonable

Offline MountainsOutOfMoleHills

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #451 on: July 21, 2008, 03:28:16 AM »
I have two things to say.

#1) Did anyone at least SEE the number on the crate?

#2) There was someone talking about a baby crying, and they couldn't figure out what it meant. Nicole-OBGYN?

Offline Molecule

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #452 on: July 21, 2008, 12:19:52 PM »
I have two things to say.

#1) Did anyone at least SEE the number on the crate?

#2) There was someone talking about a baby crying, and they couldn't figure out what it meant. Nicole-OBGYN?

This is the best I could do:

« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 12:23:21 PM by Molecule »

Offline Molecule

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #453 on: July 21, 2008, 12:40:41 PM »
In all previous episodes and editions of the Mole, clues to the identity of the mole were included in at least four or more eps.  The producers have said that they have included clues during the program and the audience should try to find them.   Stuff added and included in the blogs, websites, mole pages, etc. did not lead to the mole; to some of the eliminations, yes, but not to the mole.

Clues to the mole are quietly added to the scenes or are represented by actual things seen in the program: i.e. Andersons apple, sailing ship picture on the wall, etc.

Thus, for no other reason than that it may be a clue, did the camera center on a closeup of a particular label on the wine barrel.  Yes, it is an actual, real life, wine barrel label.  BUT just may be a clue to the mole. Which we have indicated could be that of a gas used by doctors in surgery (Nicole) or a date of November 20 (Craig)

So I am sure that this is one of the intended clues added by the producers to ep 6.

Thanks gingerman for this good input. I've never seen any of the previous shows so this helps to understand the method behind their madness.

Offline Molecule

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #454 on: July 21, 2008, 01:01:00 PM »
Thanks Molecule...guess I am not a great searcher..LOL...but I still say he IS the mole :)

Clay was my second and then first pick after the first few episodes. I wouldn't be too surprised because he generally flies way under the radar. That changed when he turned Lemonhead into a missile.

I wonder if looking at coalitions would hold any merit. Of the 5 left remaining, I think Clay, Mark and Paul are the only ones that have formed any? Both of Paul's partners are gone. Of Mark and Bobby, the latter is gone. That might put suspicion on them or eliminate them altogether. What a mind bender this is...  :groan:

Offline jojonj

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #455 on: July 21, 2008, 02:44:58 PM »
It really is bind bending....I know when it is all over I am going to be like..DUH, those clues were so easy..LOL..it is always the ones we either miss or just don't catch. LOL  :pull

Offline knuckles487

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #456 on: July 21, 2008, 03:34:05 PM »

(Heavy sighhhh)     :groan:

You guys are a tough sell, so how about this.  lol

Jaime is a variant of James and means "supplanter".  Supplant means:  to supersede (another) especially by force or treachery.

Treachery, much like a mole would do.  In Spanish, Jaime and James are both variants of the name Diego.  As in San Diego where Craig is from.

In episode 3 the clue card was:   s666 - LIAr

Starting at the "s", count 6 spaces and you are on the "y".  Count 6 more spaces and you are on the "e".  Count 6 more spaces and you are on the "k".

Now we have:  syek - LIAr

Using an online translator and going from English to Spanish, LIA means "plaited esparto rope".

For the second half of the clue, assign the number which corresponds to the position in the alphabet for LIA.   L = 12,  I = 9,  A = 1.

In the first half we left off on the "k", so start there and go in the opposite direction.    Go 12 spaces to the left of "k" and we stop on "y".  Now go 9 spaces to the left and we stop on "p".  Now go 1 space to the left and we are on "o".

That makes the clue look like this:   syek - ypor.  Backwards that would be ropy keys.

Either that is as close as they could get to rope keys using LIA in the clue or perhaps that is the way they say it in South America.  lol  In any event, using the translation for LIA, this solution seems a little too close to just be a coincidence.  Now, who had a rope key (or ropy key) in episode 3?  And who found the players clothes at a laundromat which just happened to be next door to a key shop?

One last thing.  I have been waiting each week for this theory to get debunked but so far it hasn't, so I will share it with you.

In episode 5, the clue card was:

In that same episode, question 8 on the quiz was as follows:

8. At breakfast before the "Travelers" mission, where was the mole sitting? (clockwise from Jon)

Since the 6 was missing in the clue, you just count around 6 spaces and it ends up on Craig. Assigning the numbers in the clue to the other players in the order they were given looks like this.

I started wondering why the numbers in the clue were in the order they were, and thought that perhaps there was some additional meaning to it.

Since Kristen left that week I started thinking that maybe it was the execution order of the remaining players since she was number 7. The mole cannot be executed so you discard the number 6 and move on. Alex left last week but I still thought maybe that was just coincidence. But with this weeks text clue seeming to point to Nicole (who would be next in the above order) it looks like there is a chance this theory could hold up for one more week.

I am still expecting this to be disproven at any time but until that happens I think I'm gonna run with it.  Until then, things don't look so good for Dr. Whiner.

Therefore, the remaining execution order is:

Nicole
Mark
Paul - runner up
Clay - winner
Craig - Mole

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #457 on: July 21, 2008, 04:33:09 PM »
Does any OBGYN use laughing gas.....I dont think so. Craigs is more reasonable

N 2 O.

N2O is the chemical symbol for Nitrous Oxide, also known as "Laughing Gas", and is used as a mild form of anesthetic.

N20 is used for the Laparoscopic Management of the Persistent Adnexal Mass in PREGNANCY

To repeat the clues to who is the mole are included within the on-air programs.  During the final program these clues are pointed out.  They never refer to any clues or hints or suggestions that are not included in the on-air program.  So actual clues are not mentioned or hidden in the website, blogs, etc. since the announcer never refers to them on the air.

Offline marukisu

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #458 on: July 21, 2008, 08:22:49 PM »

In episode 5, the clue card was:

In that same episode, question 8 on the quiz was as follows:

8. At breakfast before the "Travelers" mission, where was the mole sitting? (clockwise from Jon)

Since the 6 was missing in the clue, you just count around 6 spaces and it ends up on Craig. Assigning the numbers in the clue to the other players in the order they were given looks like this.

I started wondering why the numbers in the clue were in the order they were, and thought that perhaps there was some additional meaning to it.

Since Kristen left that week I started thinking that maybe it was the execution order of the remaining players since she was number 7. The mole cannot be executed so you discard the number 6 and move on. Alex left last week but I still thought maybe that was just coincidence. But with this weeks text clue seeming to point to Nicole (who would be next in the above order) it looks like there is a chance this theory could hold up for one more week.

I am still expecting this to be disproven at any time but until that happens I think I'm gonna run with it.  Until then, things don't look so good for Dr. Whiner.

Therefore, the remaining execution order is:

Nicole
Mark
Paul - runner up
Clay - winner
Craig - Mole

My theory on the missing six relates to paul. if im correct that was the epsiode with the Chains  and standing from the perspective of John Paul was number 6. It Also doesnt help that he said during that mission "This is the first and the last time you can trust me in this game"

On a seperate note who does everyone see going home tonight ? At this point anyone who goes is crucial because there is so much suspicion around them. Personally i hope its Mark or Craig so that the next few rounds can be easier.

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #459 on: July 21, 2008, 10:08:41 PM »
So...ALL the clues point to Craig? That would be kind of boring if Craig was the mole because he is someone you'd expect to be the mole. I still have my chips on Mark, but theres pretty good evidence for Craig.

Offline V.L.

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #460 on: July 21, 2008, 10:15:09 PM »
Okay, I know most people are saying it's Craig. And I know this isn't new information... But I think Nicole's little stunt tonight about throwing the Quiz seemed a little odd, and quite Moleish. I guarantee she was telling everyone before the quiz that she was planning on throwing in the towel, just so it would be this gigantic shock when she didn't.

I still say she's the Mole.

Offline jskura

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #461 on: July 21, 2008, 11:32:38 PM »
Okay, I know most people are saying it's Craig. And I know this isn't new information... But I think Nicole's little stunt tonight about throwing the Quiz seemed a little odd, and quite Moleish. I guarantee she was telling everyone before the quiz that she was planning on throwing in the towel, just so it would be this gigantic shock when she didn't.

I still say she's the Mole.

Havent seen tonights Ep yet, was seeing The Dark Knight.

But, I have had my finger on Nicole since about Ep 3

Offline Mintobrandybuck

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #462 on: July 22, 2008, 01:12:56 AM »
Hey, everyone! I'm back!

Eh, I figure 'quiting' would be just the kind of overdramatic thing Nicole would do. In fact, this kind of drama is almost expected of her by now. But I'm sure we all know that she is much too proud to quit under any circumstance. In any case, why would the mole consider even saying he/she is going to quit?

a) They can't go through with it anyways, so there is no point.
b) 'Considering' flunking the quiz and then not doing it just seems. . . well, suspicious.

Oh, and personally I think Nicole was telling the truth when she said, "When I sat down at the computer, I knew I couldn't do it." I say this because the result was a tie, and Clay got eliminated.

Now, if you're planning on purposely failing, all you would have to do is enter yourself as the mole in every question of the quiz, which is guaranteed to give you a zero. However there was a tie, which indicates that if Nicole had indeed flunked the test with a 0/10, someone else must have too. It is virtually impossible to get every question wrong by accident, considering many of the questions from this particular quiz had some very one-sided questions (Is the mole Male/Female- There is only one female. Did the mole wear a hat?- Only one person was wearing a hat, etc).

This indicates that in order for there to have been a tie, someone else (namely Clay), must have flunked the test on purpose. And. . . there is no evidence to support that he did. 

One last point I think has to be made, these producers are clever. And sneaky. If you go back to previous season's clues, you find that all of them are obvious, but subtle (The apple, the boat painting- they're meanings are obvious now, but then they were easy to overlook). So I think way too much effort is being put into a lot of these analyses.

But don't let that stop any of you. There are a lot of very interesting theories floating around; I'm actually doubting my assumptions that it is Mark.

But not quite.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #463 on: July 22, 2008, 11:56:41 AM »
Hey, everyone! I'm back!

Eh, I figure 'quiting' would be just the kind of overdramatic thing Nicole would do. In fact, this kind of drama is almost expected of her by now. But I'm sure we all know that she is much too proud to quit under any circumstance. In any case, why would the mole consider even saying he/she is going to quit?

a) They can't go through with it anyways, so there is no point.
b) 'Considering' flunking the quiz and then not doing it just seems. . . well, suspicious.

Oh, and personally I think Nicole was telling the truth when she said, "When I sat down at the computer, I knew I couldn't do it." I say this because the result was a tie, and Clay got eliminated.

Now, if you're planning on purposely failing, all you would have to do is enter yourself as the mole in every question of the quiz, which is guaranteed to give you a zero. However there was a tie, which indicates that if Nicole had indeed flunked the test with a 0/10, someone else must have too. It is virtually impossible to get every question wrong by accident, considering many of the questions from this particular quiz had some very one-sided questions (Is the mole Male/Female- There is only one female. Did the mole wear a hat?- Only one person was wearing a hat, etc).

This indicates that in order for there to have been a tie, someone else (namely Clay), must have flunked the test on purpose. And. . . there is no evidence to support that he did. 

One last point I think has to be made, these producers are clever. And sneaky. If you go back to previous season's clues, you find that all of them are obvious, but subtle (The apple, the boat painting- they're meanings are obvious now, but then they were easy to overlook). So I think way too much effort is being put into a lot of these analyses.

But don't let that stop any of you. There are a lot of very interesting theories floating around; I'm actually doubting my assumptions that it is Mark.

But not quite.

If Mark is the mole why would he do so much during the vineyard visit in ep 6 to keep running like mad on the treadmill so that the runners had time to return with the wine bottles?  And why would he help the puzzle solvers so much to get the right answers?  In both instances he could have done a lot to prevent the team from winning the 70,000?  Just goes to show he ain't the mole.

Offline molehunter

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #464 on: July 22, 2008, 12:07:45 PM »
I definitely think Craig is the mole & Mark is NOT the mole.

I have a question though, I read through the pages, well read the first five or so & skimmed the rest, there are alot.

was there ever any discussion about the numbers that appear on The Mole thing when it goes to a commercial? the letters seem to always be different, but if you go frame by frame you see the numbers are always [the ones I've looked at, at least] are:

4 2 4       2 4

a clue maybe?

Offline Nightstalker

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #465 on: July 22, 2008, 03:25:39 PM »
In episode 3 the clue card was:   s666 - LIAr

Starting at the "s", count 6 spaces and you are on the "y".  Count 6 more spaces and you are on the "e".  Count 6 more spaces and you are on the "k".

Now we have:  syek - LIAr

Using an online translator and going from English to Spanish, LIA means "plaited esparto rope".

For the second half of the clue, assign the number which corresponds to the position in the alphabet for LIA.   L = 12,  I = 9,  A = 1.

In the first half we left off on the "k", so start there and go in the opposite direction.    Go 12 spaces to the left of "k" and we stop on "y".  Now go 9 spaces to the left and we stop on "p".  Now go 1 space to the left and we are on "o".

That makes the clue look like this:   syek - ypor.  Backwards that would be ropy keys.

Either that is as close as they could get to rope keys using LIA in the clue or perhaps that is the way they say it in South America.  lol  In any event, using the translation for LIA, this solution seems a little too close to just be a coincidence.  Now, who had a rope key (or ropy key) in episode 3?  And who found the players clothes at a laundromat which just happened to be next door to a key shop?

No offense but THIS is what I'm talking about when I say that some people are thinking about this waaaaaaaaaaay too much.  Name one clue on one season of The Mole where a clue has involved this much examination?  Counting spaces, replacing letters, come on.  Take a step back and consider how ridiculous it is.  With enough guessing and moving things around a person can virtually make any clue point to any person if they try that hard and are that determined to make a clue point to the person that they want. 

Offline Nightstalker

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #466 on: July 22, 2008, 03:29:32 PM »

But not quite.

Thank you.  I don't agree that Mark is the mole but I do agree with your general line of thinking.  Finally some sense.

You said it perfectly.  The clues are obvious but subtle.  The overthinking that is going on is doing my head in.  Honestly?  That's why I'm sticking to the clues that the mole's journal on the ABC website gives out because they are the most obvious.  Every clue points to either Paul or Clay.  My money was on Clay but obviously that's out the window now.  Paul is the mole now in my book.  If I'm right I have to congratulate the man.  He is so brazen.  It's the perfect cover up but one that I don't think I could do in the game. 

Offline jerameez

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #467 on: July 22, 2008, 04:33:36 PM »
First post, but have been reading all season!

Did anyone else notice the "23" flashed right before Nicole and her mom were talking in the hotel room. Most of us know that the most famous athlete to wear number 23 was from Chicago (Michael Jordan). Can our Mole be from Chicago as well (Nicole)?

Thanks eveyone!

Offline marukisu

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #468 on: July 22, 2008, 05:43:00 PM »
Can  we discuss episode 6 and 7's clue crds from ABC.com everyone. I think were missing somethiong very important because in the top right corners of those clue cards are a clock and and day counter.

any thoughts?
(could someone post the cards btw?)

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #469 on: July 22, 2008, 06:01:10 PM »
But what has Craig done to lose money?

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #470 on: July 22, 2008, 06:06:30 PM »
On the crate, it looks like 611826. I was way off. But, Im not sure if the 11 is really 11. What does everyone else think?

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #471 on: July 22, 2008, 06:12:19 PM »
Maybe Mark is playing the role of 'Scarlet Pimpernel.' He obsesses over finding the mole to avoid being accused of being the mole.

Offline olivesandhummus

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #472 on: July 22, 2008, 07:32:04 PM »
It doesn't make a lot of sense to determine who the Mole is based on how much money they added/didn't add to the pot, or how they behaved in certain challenges. Remember that the producers edit the show and leave LOTS of information out, basically all the things that would make the mole obvious. In the end they show 'extra footage' that, if shown during the season, everyone would figure it out in a snap. So Mark can't be discounted for running on the treadmill so long, or Nicole for talking about self-execution, etc etc etc. We only get to see what the producers want us to see.

And on that note, referring to the above post on the number 23 that flashed, I also saw that, and think it was very obviously planted there because it wasn't on a building, paper, wall, etc. - it was edited into the show as a special effect, which was very bizarre. I was hoping to see if anyone had come across this number in their number crunching.

Offline jskura

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #473 on: July 22, 2008, 08:32:00 PM »
But what has Craig done to lose money?

The entire thing with the trek up the mountain with all the stupid travel methods was completely under Craigs control, and they added nothing to the pot, AND craig got an exemption.

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #474 on: July 22, 2008, 09:23:42 PM »
Information I have

Here's what each player's name means

Nicole - Victorious Person
Paul - Small
Craig - Rock
Mark - consecrated to the god Mars, or defender

"Mole Day" is October 23rd

"Mole Sauce" is made from Avocado (I think)

The "Molemen" are a hip-hop group from Chicago.

The "23" on the hotel door with a peephole so oddly placed diagonally to it. This would read: "23 degrees." The Earth's axis is on 23 degrees. The moon is what holds the Earth on 23 degrees. Without the moon holding the Earth on that degree, all complex life on Earth would die. Is there someone who resembles the moon? There is also a sporting group called 23 degrees.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 09:47:11 PM by MountainsOutOfMoleHills »