Author Topic: The Mole 5.0 *Ongoing Clue Analysis and Challenge Discussions*  (Read 231376 times)

Offline randallcornelius

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: The Mole 5.0 *Ongoing Clue Analysis and Challenge Discussions*
« Reply #425 on: July 17, 2008, 08:45:23 PM »
has anyone added these?

San Diego, California has a latitude 32 degrees 43' North and a longitude of 117 degrees 09' West...pretty close to what is mentioned in the journal...Craig is from there...

sorry, i can't seem to figure out how to quote the pics put up by puddin...

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #426 on: July 17, 2008, 08:47:37 PM »
It's a spot in downtown L.A.; I don't get it.  :duno:

Offline randallcornelius

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #427 on: July 17, 2008, 08:51:06 PM »
maybe it's just an indication that we had to look on a map to find the exact location......x MARKs the spot.... :funny:

Offline marukisu

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #428 on: July 18, 2008, 12:46:48 AM »
Once again  the moles journal entry can be linked to Paul. Think when Liz got executed there was a comment about her foot problems and overheating and then now with Alex's execution he makes a comment on the Mole hunting song  which to the best of my knowledge Paul is the only person who is present in that room when Alex sung that song.

If we examine the shadow closer however the person who jumped had a helmet with a microphone. the only people to have those Paul and Clay. 

This journal entry has me torn between the two as the mole, especially after my lengthy post about how Paul is the mole

Evidence that points to Paul- The letter addressed to Alex makes a nod to  "The Mole Hunting Song" . the only person present for that to the best of my knowledge is Paul.

The tasting notes note in the corner would indicate that the mole drank that night however clay could not because he lied and said he had cold medicine in order to get Alex to drink more. And if you didn’t notice Paul was spinning a glass of wine

Evidence that points to Clay- In the shadow if we examine even closer it looks as though that person is wearing pants. Clay was the only person wearing pants that challenge.

Paul will remain my number one suspect but Clay will be a close number 2. My theory is that Clay gets executed next week which would help a lot.

Currently my suspicion List is like this:

1 Paul
2 Clay
3 Nicole
4 Mark
5 Craig.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 09:13:02 AM by marukisu »

Offline eazeymac91

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #429 on: July 18, 2008, 10:49:40 AM »
I am going to disregard the shadow of the person because it could be the point of view of the mole and how could they take a picture of themselves

Offline Rabbit

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #430 on: July 18, 2008, 03:22:50 PM »

*ETA* I'm a ninny. i was comparing a DD co=ordinate (decimal degrees) to a DM coordinate (Degrees Minute).  which is like comparing green apples to red apples :)

34.05N 118.25W in DD  equals 34°03'N 118°15'W in DM

both of which point to the same location you mentioned.

oooooooooooo how's this for some juicy details!?!?!?!?!!

TWO blocks away from the co-ordinates, is where, back in the early 1900's (looks like it's gone now though), there used to be a street running next to the Northern Hotel called CLAY STREET!!!!!!
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 05:12:59 PM by Rabbit »

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #431 on: July 18, 2008, 04:04:34 PM »
N2O definitely is a clue to who is the mole; no other reason to show it in closeup.  BUT it could have another meaning besides Nitrous Oxide gas -

N20 could mean November 20 which is Craig's birthdate. :yess:

Nicole or Craig? not bad choices :jumpy:

Offline Rabbit

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #432 on: July 18, 2008, 04:16:41 PM »
couldn't it just be barrel Number 20 since the barrel next to it is N22?

also i hae been thinking all this time that HL stood for Hectolitres which is a quantity used in wine. Like the barrel capacity was 70 Hectolitres.

but now with the Henry Lagarde clue in the journal, i think HL just stands for Henry Lagarde.

Offline molination

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #433 on: July 18, 2008, 04:17:01 PM »
The clue "I lie with my eyes" might actually be in reference to the Mole's distinctive handwriting, which has lower-case i's...

So perhaps it's more "I lie with my i's"...

Maybe pay attention to the letters surrounding? Might be a long shot.

Offline Nightstalker

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #434 on: July 18, 2008, 08:26:50 PM »
Once again, I think people are WAAAAAY overthinking the new Mole Journal clues.  I saw one definite clue.  It says, "You can't be afraid of heights to be the Mole."  Who said they were afraid of heights?  Nicole and Craig.  Bam.  They're eliminated.  It's that simple.

Of course, I already had those two eliminated.  I'm still down to only Paul and Clay with Clay as my number one suspect.

Offline Molecule

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #435 on: July 18, 2008, 10:49:32 PM »

oooooooooooo how's this for some juicy details!?!?!?!?!!

TWO blocks away from the co-ordinates, is where, back in the early 1900's (looks like it's gone now though), there used to be a street running next to the Northern Hotel called CLAY STREET!!!!!!

Interesting Rabbit and nice work! My only hesitation is that Clay St. was 2 blocks away. Not saying you don't have something here. I'm the last person who has a clue!!

I do know that the location marker is feet away from the 4th Street Metrolink Red Line entrance/exit for the Pershing Square station. The long silvery object just to the north of Slowhatch's satellite photo link is the escalator/stairs. I used to ride that train to work from Union Station and that was my exit.

Maybe someone can pick something out of this stuff. In the very nearby vicinity is of course Pershing Square, Angel's Flight (funicular railway I also used to ride for .25 cents), Bunker Hill, La Cita (Mexican nightclub and first bldg. to the north of the location), Grand Central Market (next building north of La Cita - a hodgepodge of fresh produce and prepared food vendors), and Angels Knoll Park. There is also the Metro 417 lofts right across the street - http://metro417.com/templates/template_metro417/histTermBldg.asp?w=metro417. This site has a lot of these places listed with information: http://www.lacity.org/ANGELSWALK/  Everything can be Googled too of course.

I've pondered before about the significance of "trains" in the show and as clues. Dunno if train stations just happened to be a convenient place for executions, but it was certainly a recurring theme. Maybe there's something here with that. Angel's Flight, the Metro, and Metro 417. I just can't nail anything concrete. s666 - LIAr read backwards as "rail - marks" for me, but who the heck knows....

Maybe I'll hop on over to the actual location tomorrow and meander about with my camera....  :js:

Offline Molecule

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #436 on: July 18, 2008, 11:03:17 PM »
couldn't it just be barrel Number 20 since the barrel next to it is N22?

also i hae been thinking all this time that HL stood for Hectolitres which is a quantity used in wine. Like the barrel capacity was 70 Hectolitres.

but now with the Henry Lagarde clue in the journal, i think HL just stands for Henry Lagarde.

HL = Henry Lagarde. Sweet! I didn't even think about the vineyard's initials! I do believe you debunked this once and for all. No offense to any others who think otherwise of course. Just my opinion!

Offline multi007

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #437 on: July 19, 2008, 11:45:41 AM »

Dont forget that google map has a "Street level view".   I clicked it and could not make anything out. But  if anyone else sees something...

Offline multi007

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #438 on: July 19, 2008, 11:50:38 AM »
That darn "baby cry" is getting on my nerves.  I heard it again during the "mole recap" show and its just getting on my nerves because it is so out of place.

Offline marukisu

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #439 on: July 19, 2008, 02:53:57 PM »
Once again, I think people are WAAAAAY overthinking the new Mole Journal clues.  I saw one definite clue.  It says, "You can't be afraid of heights to be the Mole."  Who said they were afraid of heights?  Nicole and Craig.  Bam.  They're eliminated.  It's that simple.

Of course, I already had those two eliminated.  I'm still down to only Paul and Clay with Clay as my number one suspect.

I think you arent examining things enough =) and if you were in the actual game you would get executed.

Now having said that, I have more "Paul proof"

In the recap episode which can be viewed here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-U3n2o__GU

if you notice  when john kelley is talking in the begining everytime it stops its focused on clips of Paul

@ 00:16 after John says "To Discover the identity of The Mole

@ 00:21-00:25  John is saying "The mole is a sabetour among them"
Theres the clip of Paul jumping and missing thae bag on the Over the Falls mission

@00:28 John sayys hired to undermine the groups effort to add money to the pot and not be detected.
a quick clip of Paul is shown at the begining of that statement  and when John says not be detected. its a clip of paul in fruit of the Luge which was a mission he was succesful in. This could be a nod to him not sabotaging the mission the not gain suspicion.

@00:52 john says" with new clues offering a "MASTER BLUEPRINT" to the identity of the mole.
Paul is a utitility worker and as such he works with blueprints.

@02:21 John says watch carefully and coincidentally the camera is on paul looking away with a suspicious look on his face.

Thats my two cents on the recap intro but can anyone decipher what it might mean in the logo for that episode. Its the standard logo but it says "take a closer look" below it. any ideas?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 09:40:51 PM by marukisu »

Offline knuckles487

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #440 on: July 19, 2008, 10:25:34 PM »

A couple things I want to mention followed by a pretty big clue that I haven't seen mentioned around here yet.

First, notice the vase in the cabinet behind Craig that is shaped like a big "C".  Coincidence or subtle clue?  Would seem VERY coincidental to me.

One other thing anf then the big one.  lol  Craig has started a website at

http://craigslike.com/

If you look on that site you will see a link for something he is starting called SlikeNation.

This is apparently going to be a fanclub of sorts.  It also doesn't seem like something a person would do that finished third or fourth.  it also doesn't seem like something one would do even if they won the game.  Craig has seen the previous shows and I'm sure he knows just like we do that the winner quickly fades into the background.  I'm sure he also knows the mole lives on forever (to mole fans anyway lol) and slikenation seems like something a mole would do in an effort to try and capitalize on his popularity from the show.  I could be wrong but that's the way it seems.

Ok, I haven't seen this mentioned here so bringing it over so you all can decide for yourselves.

The clue card for episode 6.

At about the same time on the ABC board, 2 guys made the same post containing a shot from Marks journal.  So thanks to fallingatlas and tcntk for this.

You can see from this that Mark was meticulously keeping track of possible sabotage chances regarding each player.  Up to that point in the show there had been 10 missions, and he recorded his thoughts of each player using a "1" if he thought they did something that could be considered sabotage, "0" if he thought they didn't, and a "?" if he wasn't sure.

You can see the players names at the left side of each line, and they are listed alphabetically.  The totals from the 10 missions is listed in parenthases at the right side of each line.

Al = Alex  (3-3-4)
Cl = Clay  (6-3-1)
Cr = Craig (4-2-4)
Kr = Kristen  gone
Ni = Nicole (2-4-4)
Paul = Paul (2-4-4)

Kristen was executed the week before so he has a line drawn through her name.  Now notice the lines drawn through the sets of numbers on the clue card.  Also notice that those sets of numbers match the totals behind the players names in Marks journal.  (3-3-4) is Alex, (6-3-1) is Clay, etc.  Being Marks journal, then of course there is no line for him.  Even HE isn't paronoid enough to keep track of himself.  lol 

Since the numbers have a line through them, each set on the clue card would seem to eliminate the corresponding player in the journal.  (2-4-4) is the same for 2 players so they would both be eliminated.

There are several theories being put forth as to what this means but I am only going to mention one of them since the others all neglect one additional bit of information.

The clue cards point to the mole, and this particular clue card seems to eliminate all the players except for one.  Craigs totals are (4-2-4) and not represented in the clue so he is the only player left.  Some people want to include Mark since they claim nothing here eliminates him.  That would be because it is his journal we are seeing, but ok, lets leave him in.  We now have Craig and Mark.

Here is the extra bit of information, courtesy of screerider from the sucks board.  Remember Craigs set of numbers is (4-2-4), and then think about the opening credits from every episode this season.

This would seem to be a direct link to Craig and implicate him as the mole.  To me, we have finally got the smoking gun that we have been looking for.

Personally, I put this on the same level as the "Bill is the mole" telegram from season 2.

Offline marukisu

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #441 on: July 19, 2008, 10:36:53 PM »
i must say you certianly have found some good craig proof to counter my Paul proof.

Offline Molecule

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #442 on: July 20, 2008, 12:23:31 AM »
Great analysis and detective work knuckles!

I have a bit of hesitation buying into it entirely though. I'm thinking there are four other options:

1) The clue card was telling us one of those three numbers was to be executed and it was up to us to figure out which one.
2) 2-4-4 is on the clue card only once. There are two sets in Mark's journal. If this points to the next three executions then Nicole or Paul goes, not both.
3) Mark is the Mole because he wrote down those numbers in his journal and he will take those people out one by one.
4) Red Herring

Slikenation is interesting. Paul has also been promoting The Mole on MySpace like there was no tomorrow. We have some egos here don't we?  :lol:

The screen shot works, but I'm also remembering how everyone bought into Victoria because of the "VJG is the Mole" thingy. The vase isn't so clear for me. The shelving or something else just happens to be obstructing the image and forming a C out of an O. Just my opinion! I'm not saying I'm right.

What I DO find interesting is that Mark's journal is the only one we've ever gotten to look into besides Alex's. The first eppy gave us a look at it while they were in the cabin after the Over the Falls challenge. What that might imply, I dunno, but it seems like there's something to be had from it. And why on earth would he be writing his own name in it?

All I know is he has boney fingers and what looks like a healed injury on his right hand ring finger :funny:

Anyway, I hope you're spot on 'cuz I'd like to see someone brag when this is all over that they got it right! I'm still sold on Paul though. For now. That might change come Monday!

Offline MountainsOutOfMoleHills

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #443 on: July 20, 2008, 03:40:45 AM »
OK!!!! I REALLY! SERIOUSLY! Think that the number on the crate behind Jon was a clue! It was only on one crate, the camera angle was in the perfect position for the crate! Just see it! I cant because my screen is too blurry. It is during Jon is explaining the wine bottle mission. The camera glides behind him. :pull

Offline jojonj

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #444 on: July 20, 2008, 10:04:23 AM »
Wow there are a lot of good detective work going on...As for the occupations of the cast, I still think the mole doesn't have a REAL bio, but that is my opinion..I am sticking with Clay being the mole and until he is executed I will believe it, maybe even after he is executed..LOL...I also did a search on him and the only clay cauley is a clay nathaniel cauley sr....maybe he is a sr. but I don't see it...I think his is bogus and that the clues are going to be simple things that people may just overlook, ie: the picture of the pigs in the journal, which are made of...wait for it...CLAY..LOL

Offline jojonj

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #445 on: July 20, 2008, 10:46:56 AM »
Another thing I was just noticing...I was looking at the numbers in Marks journal, and what I got from the, which again is only my opinion, but I think the numbers may be his hunches on the mole...Kristen's first number was a 1....now nicole and paul's both start with the number 2, so maybe they are next on his suspect list...now the number one is crossed out...just something that caught my eye..any thoughts?

Offline Molecule

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #446 on: July 20, 2008, 11:18:53 AM »
Wow there are a lot of good detective work going on...As for the occupations of the cast, I still think the mole doesn't have a REAL bio, but that is my opinion..I am sticking with Clay being the mole and until he is executed I will believe it, maybe even after he is executed..LOL...I also did a search on him and the only clay cauley is a clay nathaniel cauley sr....maybe he is a sr. but I don't see it...I think his is bogus and that the clues are going to be simple things that people may just overlook, ie: the picture of the pigs in the journal, which are made of...wait for it...CLAY..LOL

Look here: http://poweredby.era.com/cgi-bin/agentinfo?Agent=143975

Offline jojonj

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #447 on: July 20, 2008, 11:34:50 AM »
Thanks Molecule...guess I am not a great searcher..LOL...but I still say he IS the mole :)

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #448 on: July 20, 2008, 04:19:35 PM »
OK!!!! I REALLY! SERIOUSLY! Think that the number on the crate behind Jon was a clue! It was only on one crate, the camera angle was in the perfect position for the crate! Just see it! I cant because my screen is too blurry. It is during Jon is explaining the wine bottle mission. The camera glides behind him. :pull

In all previous episodes and editions of the Mole, clues to the identity of the mole were included in at least four or more eps.  The producers have said that they have included clues during the program and the audience should try to find them.   Stuff added and included in the blogs, websites, mole pages, etc. did not lead to the mole; to some of the eliminations, yes, but not to the mole.

Clues to the mole are quietly added to the scenes or are represented by actual things seen in the program: i.e. Andersons apple, sailing ship picture on the wall, etc.

Thus, for no other reason than that it may be a clue, did the camera center on a closeup of a particular label on the wine barrel.  Yes, it is an actual, real life, wine barrel label.  BUT just may be a clue to the mole. Which we have indicated could be that of a gas used by doctors in surgery (Nicole) or a date of November 20 (Craig)

So I am sure that this is one of the intended clues added by the producers to ep 6.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #449 on: July 20, 2008, 05:47:57 PM »
Although I like looking at the clue analysis bits and pieces, I'm not a hidden clues expert, so I usually don't watch the shows like a hawk to figure out who's the Mole from the "hidden clues".

Right now, the N20 is probably a hidden clue.  But who does it refer to?  If it refers to a date, then it's probably Craig.  But if it's laughing gas, it refers to Nicole.  Craig is my top suspect, but Nicole and Clay are also up there (though Clay is less suspicious because of that hidden clue bit).  Anyway, I'm looking forward to the finale so I can finally see who the Mole is!

Belle Book