Author Topic: The Mole 5.0 *Ongoing Clue Analysis and Challenge Discussions*  (Read 231932 times)

Offline buckhead betty

• RFF Not So Newbie
    • myspace
Re: The Mole 5.0 *Ongoing Clue Analysis and Challenge Discussions*
« Reply #300 on: June 28, 2008, 05:40:33 PM »
Mintobrandybuck I also heard the baby cry!! It made me think Nicole too but I dunno. Mark's wife is expecting their 4th child so it could be for that as well.

Another thing I was thinking about is that s666 clue, 's' is the 19th letter of the alphabet and Mark is 42, now I dont know if his birthday has passed yet but if it has then that would make the year he was born 1966...19(s)66 now for the last 6 it could be his age added up 4+2=6. I dunno. He's the only one in front of a waterfall on his bio pick and for school he went to University of Wisconsin, Whitewater.

But then I get thrown off of Mark b/c I was just going back through an episode and slowing it up during the intro and I saw another DOB Height and POB and occupation thingy (like the Chicago one mentioned in the thread) But this one said Los Angeles and it shows it like 3 diffent times. and the DOB also read 2/5/1970 and would go back to 1971 (to what even looked like 1990 at one point) then completely changed to 1114. What could that possibly have to do with him? Only thing I could come up with with the 1114 is that he already has 3 kids (111) and the 4th is on the way(4). And if I did see 1990, Mark and his wife have been married for 18yrs maybe they were married February 5th 1990 :duno:

Someone please remind me I do have a life lol. :lol:

Offline molenewbie

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #301 on: June 29, 2008, 12:18:49 AM »
Feedback wanted!!

In the first journal entry the passport in the upper left has many entries of travel... the only person that would need to travel that much is someone like Craig...... in his bio on ABC.com reads "Craig has traveled extensively and worked as a humanitarian disaster relief aide worker in Turkey and Thailand."

Offline jskura

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #302 on: June 29, 2008, 01:42:10 AM »
I'm feeling there is way too much pointing to Craig at this point. They are making it too obvious.

Offline Nightstalker

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #303 on: June 29, 2008, 03:25:39 PM »
My bit: Personally, I think the mole is Mark. I know there is not a lot of clues pointing to him, but in my experience the mole is always the one that you would least expect. I mean, what good is being the mole if you purposely give hints as to your identity? He's not very suspicious, but then again neither were Kathryn or Bill.

Now as for the clues, I don't want to trust the Mole scrapbook, because I doubt the producers would REALLY put a clue in there. From what I've deduced, all it has are events that happened in that episode and a little mocking farewell to whoever it is that leaves. Someone pointed out that Paul would make the type of comments that the mole did in the scrapbook, but honestly I think anyone who had that position would be like that.

A lot of recurring things are see are the number 11, the grades, and the 'I lie with my eyes' hint. I don't really think the number 11 can really be a deciding factor in this case, because

a) The journals were chosen randomly. Therefore Craig getting Journal 11 is a coincidence.
b) A lot of the reasoning that has been shown makes sense. . . if you were trying to prove that Craig is the mole. Which leads me to my next point.

I don't know what to think about the grades (or the other clues, for that matter). I assume they have to do with the episode they were given for, so I guess I'll be watching out for anything that may be related to this week's clue. And for the 'Eyes' clue, I don't feel comfortable using it as evidence because there is no proof that its meaning has been shown yet. IN fact, more likely than not, the clue has to do with the entire season as a whole. It's too early to make assumptions.

I think, honestly, that some of these clues are being overthought. I know the hints are subtle, but they wouldn't purposely make them so obscure that you have to do a bunch of math or google search some random congress act. I remember from previous seasons, for example:

Season 1: One clue in particular I remember was after one episode, the host said '____(The guy who got executed) paid the price', and the mole's last name was Price.
Season 2: Early on in season 2 the word 'Admiral' flashed during the opening credits. Bill was an admiral.

So unless they've gone and changed it to make it harder, I doubt the clues will be difficult to figure out; rather, they will be subtle and go unnoticed.

So. . . yeah. That's my bit. Sorry if I've shot dwn your theories in this post, but cutting them down can actually help us get closer. I actually have a lot more to say, but it'll have to wait until next time. I'm getting a little long-winded as it is. Think about it!

I agree with a lot of what you're saying although I think the journal clues have to be taken into account.  They're the most direct clues and I don't see why they'd even create them if they weren't important.  My problem with them is that they're too easy.  Based on the wording they've already narrowed it down to Clay or Paul which I think sucks.  I would like them not to mean much because if they do then they're basically just telling us who the mole is.  But I'm definitely sticking with them for now partially because I think we have to and partially because I've suspected Clay since day one.

You're totally right that people overthink things.  The clues are much more simple than a lot of people remember.  Usually clues for the mole in the U.S. can all be deciphered by looking at contestants bios on the official website, finding double meanings in wording, freeze framing the TV and maybe a little math. 

People do get in the trap of deciding that the mole is someone and then trying to make all the clues point to that person.  They're so dead set on a certain person that they over complicate the clues just so an answer leads to their suspect that they don't just take the clue at face value and let it point naturally to the real suspect.

If this was the UK or AU I'd be more inclined to believe wacky theories since some of their clues for the mole have been downright ridiculous like noticing the mole tapping their fingers in morse code or running words that the mole spoke together so they sort of sound like a James Bond reference. o.0

To paraphase an old saying.  If you can hear a horse and smell a horse then don't assume it's a zebra.  Sometimes the simpliest answer is the right one.

Offline twinkletoes

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #304 on: June 29, 2008, 03:41:47 PM »
You're totally right that people overthink things.  The clues are much more simple than a lot of people remember.  Usually clues for the mole in the U.S. can all be deciphered by looking at contestants bios on the official website, finding double meanings in wording, freeze framing the TV and maybe a little math. 

But it is so much fun to "pretend" we are super sleuths!!
Remember, even at a Mensa convention someone is the dumbest person in the room!

Offline Molecule

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #305 on: June 29, 2008, 09:37:57 PM »

But it is so much fun to "pretend" we are super sleuths!!

OMG twinkletoes! I love you for saying this!  :funny:

Offline Crash_hust

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #306 on: June 30, 2008, 12:36:40 AM »
whats this weeks text clue? i want to know who is freakin going home.

Offline kckid

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #307 on: June 30, 2008, 12:48:29 AM »
I just watched episodes 3 and 4 (been traveling) and don't claim to be  as good as you guys at catching all the clues. However, I think Mark is The Mole. He is a history teacher,and in the Crusoe challenge, put something that obviously didn't belong on the table(jeans I think)  He put back gold on the table in order to take the scale.  He kept insisting that Craig take time to rest. Opted out of the underwear challenge.  I think that the whole journal thing is a ploy.  I read in an earlier post the 810 thing, which makes me think it's Mark. In  episode 4, Jon is talking about the quiz and who the mole is and they show Mark's bag(but also Nicole's) Now having said that, there are many clues to point to Craig, Clay or Nicole.  The 'moel' with the arrow pointing at Nicole seems like a great clue, as do all of the 11 theories. So, after all that, I guess I don't know who The Mole is! But Mark is my main suspect and he doesn't seem to be drawing much attention here.

Offline kckid

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #308 on: June 30, 2008, 12:56:48 AM »
Also, FWIW in Mark's bio, "end game" is in quotes.  He ends the game as The Mole?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #309 on: June 30, 2008, 10:22:05 AM »
Week 5 quiz

Here are the questions for the fifth Quiz:

Question 1: Is the Mole?

Male
Female

Question 2: In the "All for One" mission, from Jon's perspective, where was the Mole chained (l to r)?

First
Second
Third
Fourth
Fifth
Sixth
Seventh

Question 3: In "All for One," when did the Mole grab the key?

First
Second
Third
Fourth
Fifth
Seventh

Question 4: Did the Mole get inside of a sleeping bag during the "All for One" mission?

Yes
No

Question 5: During the "Travelers" mission, what was the Mole wearing?

Shorts
Pants

Question 6: In "Travelers," what form of transportation was originally assigned to the Mole?

Conquistador and Donkey
Scuba Gear
Unicycle
Stilts
Llama
The Mole was not assigned a form of transportation

Question 7:Who was the Mole paired with for the "Travelers" mission?

Alex
Clay
Kristen
Mark
Nicole
Paul
The mole was not paired with another player

Question 8: At breakfast before the "Travelers" mission, where was the Mole sitting (clockwise from Jon) ?

First
Second
Third
Fourth
Fifth
Sixth
Seventh

Question 9: Has the Mole had an exemption to date?

Yes
No

Question 10: Who is the Mole?

Alex
Clay
Craig
Kristen
Mark
Nicole
Paul

Offline Molecule

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #310 on: June 30, 2008, 12:04:28 PM »
Text clue:

CHNO 111738

Offline Molecule

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #311 on: June 30, 2008, 03:26:50 PM »
Question 5: During the "Travelers" mission, what was the Mole wearing?

Shorts
Pants

Well, I guess at least this one question breaks the Mole out into one of two groups based on the photos in this thread http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,15641.0.html :

1. Paul, Mark and Nicole

2. Kristen, Alex, Clay and Craig

Unless Kristen is wearing shorts over those leggings, but I can't tell if she is or not.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #312 on: June 30, 2008, 07:16:16 PM »
I keep going back in my mind to the "most liked" person becomes the "most hated"...

We know that Paul for sure is NOT the most liked person--neither is Nicole...

I'm guessing that it is Craig who is the most liked and that makes me think that he takes the exemption, leaving everyone out in the cold. Maybe he does blame it on his "hypothermia" last episode? Which, btw, would have been a great cover for meeting with production. As would have Mark's disappearance!

The Mole does have to have some time w/ TPTB!!

And Rabbit!! Great job on the journal interpretation--you NAILED it I'm sure!  :jumpy:

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Rabbit

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #313 on: June 30, 2008, 07:33:13 PM »
thanks peach!

ok, i think i might still be lost here. If i want to pick apart screen caps for the upcoming episode to try and deduce what is going to happen, which forum would i go to? Can someone please point me in the right direction. thanks.

There are conflicting things for this upcoming episode tonight that make no sense. The sneak peek of the cage challenge, combined with photos from abcmedianet combined with the now released quiz preview questions have got my mind working overtime. Each thing contradicts the other to the point where i need to pick them apart with folks.

:pull

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #314 on: June 30, 2008, 08:17:41 PM »
Any future ones we have are here: http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,15557.0.html

But usually we get them from the promos so not till after tonight's show....
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Rabbit

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #315 on: June 30, 2008, 08:27:24 PM »
so things like discussing previews/promos etc for tonight's episode BEFORE it airs, would be in that forum right?  before i go in there, does it have spoilers for episode coming 2 or 3 weeks on advance? (which would spoil who *doesn't* go home)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #316 on: June 30, 2008, 08:36:15 PM »
I'm pretty sure it does Rabbit, sorry  :kuss:

Offline Rabbit

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #317 on: June 30, 2008, 08:46:24 PM »
tis ok. maybe i'll venture in there and hope for the best. i'd rather have a place to dissect screen caps than not. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.  :hearts: :hearts:

Offline nightwolf

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #318 on: June 30, 2008, 09:14:04 PM »
During the opening interviews of tonight's episode, Craig was looking to his right (viewer left) when talking about almost dieing in the ambulance.  I believe that psychology lie detector signs say people look to their right when creating a story and to their left when recalling. That would suggest that Craig is lying with his eyes. A bit of a stretch but something.

Offline dimior

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #319 on: June 30, 2008, 09:34:15 PM »
now this may be too obvious, but from

i found that 715 is an area code in Wisconsin (Mark's home state)

still working on what the 234 can mean...

Offline nightwolf

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #320 on: June 30, 2008, 09:50:53 PM »
There is a soccer drill called the 234 Drill but that is a bit far fetched.

Offline Molecule

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #321 on: July 01, 2008, 01:23:45 AM »
Trains, train stations, etc. seem to be a recurring theme. Any thoughts?

Offline Pearlgirl4221

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • "Shelves in the closet happy thought indeed!"
« Reply #322 on: July 01, 2008, 01:19:23 PM »
My thought on the 234
clue is that if you read it  clockwise starting with the 2 it goes in order with the exception of the 6's place which hold a 1. SO...I was thinking that this could be meant to single out 1 or 6. If it is 6 then I thought maybe the 6th letter being F? Also there was another online Clue s666-LIAr. 6 again. As far as the 1 goes no ideas . But I do remember one of the quiz questions asking the order they sat in at breakfast going clockwise so it could have something to do with that Also maybe 16 or 61....just some thoughts no ideas on what it could mean. 
 edit: Paul is 1st at breakfast and Craig is 6th
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 09:54:12 AM by Pearlgirl4221 »
"But pride where there is a real superiority of mind, pride is always under good regulation." ~Mr. Darcy, Pride and Prejudice~

Offline Mintobrandybuck

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #323 on: July 02, 2008, 01:01:43 AM »
During the opening interviews of tonight's episode, Craig was looking to his right (viewer left) when talking about almost dieing in the ambulance.  I believe that psychology lie detector signs say people look to their right when creating a story and to their left when recalling. That would suggest that Craig is lying with his eyes. A bit of a stretch but something.

That is a good deduction, however, Craig did almost die in the ambulance. While you are correct that looking to the up and to the left indicates a visually constructed image, this is not the best basis to go on. While this method has merit, you shouldn't base an opinion solely on it.

However, you may be on to something with this. I charge everyone here to try and note which way people look when they speak, so we can try to get this 'I lie with my eyes' clue solved as soon as we can.

This website can help: http://www.blifaloo.com/info/lies_eyes.php

I have not yet seen this newest episode, but from what I hear there are some interesting clues. I plan to watch it tomorrow some time. I'll say more then.

Offline Pearlgirl4221

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • "Shelves in the closet happy thought indeed!"
« Reply #324 on: July 02, 2008, 09:52:42 AM »

I re-watched the last episode last night and a couple things caught my eye:
1) When the group arrives for the first mission Craig is not wearing his glasses but then when they show the shot of him inside with Kristen when Paul enters he has them on.....I know that Craig came to most peoples mind with the "I lie with my eyes" clue simply because he has glasses. People have also said that he could not really need them...so I found this odd.   There have been other missions that he has not worn them(when pigs fly I think) and my thought was he could easily have contacts in at that time, but in this case would he arrive with contacts and then go take them out or something??????? hmmmmm....

2) At breakfast before the “Travelers” mission Jon begins the conversation with good morning and talks about the different altitude the sun and wine ect... and immediately turns the conversation to Craig giving him the perfect opportunity to say the word exemption...I didn’t see this as weird when I watched it the first time but now knowing that is what made Craig the decision maker for the next mission makes me rethink it...I know that Jon says he has no idea who the mole is but he could have been told what to say at breakfast by producers...any way could be nothing could be something......

3) At the end of the show during the preview for the next episode (in two weeks I think) the very end it shows the contestants coming in to the execution and then the screen get all greenish and glowing and immediately cuts to a red thumb printed screen. If you re-watch this section (last 15 seconds about) in frame by frame you see this purple/pink swirl/circle around Alex right before it shows the execution thumb print...This could be pointing him out as the mole or the one executed, I prefer to think the latter. I really wish I could show a picture of it but I’m not that technologically savvy...so go back and watch it frame by frame and you’ll see what I mean its pretty obvious...
"But pride where there is a real superiority of mind, pride is always under good regulation." ~Mr. Darcy, Pride and Prejudice~