Author Topic: The Mole 5.0 *Ongoing Clue Analysis and Challenge Discussions*  (Read 231842 times)

Offline molenewbie

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: The Mole 5.0 *Ongoing Clue Analysis and Challenge Discussions*
« Reply #275 on: June 27, 2008, 12:55:42 AM »
the next victim being the person with the #6 journal.

Offline Pearlgirl4221

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • "Shelves in the closet happy thought indeed!"
« Reply #276 on: June 27, 2008, 01:25:27 PM »
are we sure the journal #1 is infact Pauls? It was just sitting on a seat it could have been one of the other players in the van. Just a thought but the way the camera focused in on it several times makes me think it does have some importance.
"But pride where there is a real superiority of mind, pride is always under good regulation." ~Mr. Darcy, Pride and Prejudice~

Offline Pearlgirl4221

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • "Shelves in the closet happy thought indeed!"
« Reply #277 on: June 27, 2008, 01:43:56 PM »
ok so just checked on this journal for the mole and the newest thing written is:
Thought id write in my
journal this week and tip my
hand that I’m Craig or Alex?
Im not that stupid.
Don't miss me too much.
Am I just having a total blonde moment or does this not make since?
hhhhmmmmmm................
"But pride where there is a real superiority of mind, pride is always under good regulation." ~Mr. Darcy, Pride and Prejudice~

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #278 on: June 27, 2008, 02:26:35 PM »
Okay yal are really good at all these clues.  When they asked about the journals... Paul was the first to say I do not really need mine.  This could be a flag that he is the mole that is why he does not need it . . . . or smart on his part knowing Nicole would not like him give up his journal as she does not like him and would worry he got something.

Offline Nightstalker

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #279 on: June 27, 2008, 03:46:01 PM »
ok so just checked on this journal for the mole and the newest thing written is:
Thought id write in my
journal this week and tip my
hand that I’m Craig or Alex?
Im not that stupid.
Don't miss me too much.
Am I just having a total blonde moment or does this not make since?
hhhhmmmmmm................

I'm not too sure on what this means either.  I guess it either means we're supposed to rule Craig and Alex out or that it's a double bluff and it is Craig or Alex.  Obviously, everyone here knows that I ruled out Craig and Alex thanks to earlier journal entries.  I think they just didn't want to give us much of anything to go on this week because they revealed too much in the first three weeks.  Like I said before, if everything in the journal can be taken for what it implies then it's already down to Paul or Clay (Clay being my pick.)  If they have us anything new that was concrete then we'd already know exactly who The Mole is while there's still 7 players in the game.  Smart move on their part to give us little to nothing to go on this week.

Offline Molecule

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #280 on: June 27, 2008, 04:55:29 PM »
are we sure the journal #1 is infact Pauls? It was just sitting on a seat it could have been one of the other players in the van. Just a thought but the way the camera focused in on it several times makes me think it does have some importance.

You can see that Craig, Clay and Mark are all holding their journals. Mark was prolly dictating that entire exchange!  :lol:

Thanks Puddin for the video (without pizza!) and the clue card!!

Offline citric

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #281 on: June 27, 2008, 05:46:16 PM »
i think craig is the mole, and we'll find out his journal is number 11, it was the first one shown by the host, and it magically didnt get burned, i think he faked the whole thing to guarentee that that journal would stay alive in the game and will be released at the end of the show as a major clue

Offline Molecule

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #282 on: June 27, 2008, 06:05:59 PM »
Has anyone else noticed that the apostrophe in the Mole's journal blog is actually a quotation mark? And that it looks a bit like the number 11?

I downloaded the same font called Handwriting or PP Handwriting to see if it defaulted to a quoatation mark and it doesn't even come with apostrophes or quotation marks. Unless I'm Word deficient. Which is possible. Don't laugh....

Any font power users out there?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #283 on: June 27, 2008, 07:14:42 PM »
The apostrophe is on the same key as the quote mark for me and I "capitalize" my apostrophes by mistake all the time...but then I can't type either  so?  :lol:

:welcome3: to all you new posters, and thanks to all of you for the great ideas!  :hearts:  Smartest group in town!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline twinkletoes

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #284 on: June 27, 2008, 07:28:11 PM »
just thinking that if you still use the numerical value then:

2 3 4
7 1 5

23-15 = 8
7 - 4 = 3

8 + 3 = 11

CRAIG!!!
Remember, even at a Mensa convention someone is the dumbest person in the room!

Offline Molecule

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #285 on: June 27, 2008, 07:53:50 PM »
The apostrophe is on the same key as the quote mark for me and I "capitalize" my apostrophes by mistake all the time...but then I can't type either  so?  :lol:

lol Peach... What are you saying? I'm too anal???  :res:  j/k

What I meant to say is that the particular font used in the journal doesn't come with apostrophe or quotation marks so the author has to actually think about using a different font to match the Handwriting font, otherwise the marks default to Times New Roman. I hope I'm making sense! It is written all in caps BUT WHEN I PUT MY CAPS LOCK ON AND TYPE ' IT STILL REQUIRES ONE TO USE THE SHIFT KEY TO GET ". And it's consistent throughout the journal. Not once is an apostrophe correctly used.

Okay, I admit it's a stretch for a clue, but ya never know!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #286 on: June 27, 2008, 09:15:32 PM »
I'll post the photo for the journal ........

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #287 on: June 27, 2008, 09:34:04 PM »
Oh now I see Molecule!

Heee...Mole OCD is a lot like TAR OCD...and we all have that around here! :lol:

What about the little drawing??

And why are we missing him? Where is he going? ???
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Molecule

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #288 on: June 28, 2008, 12:10:09 AM »
Oh now I see Molecule!

Heee...Mole OCD is a lot like TAR OCD...and we all have that around here! :lol:

What about the little drawing??

And why are we missing him? Where is he going? ???

Thank you puddin for the image! Glad you haven't left us completely!!!

No kidding about OCD Peach! OMG, I never thot I'd get this wrapped up in the show.  :snicker:

I have no idea about the drawing.  Looks like some kinda robot? A machine perhaps? Paul is a machinist? My initial impression. And we're missing him, or the other players are missing him rather, because he'll get an exemption during the next eppy and so he is all alone for a night? Could be a foreshadowing?

Offline Molecule

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #289 on: June 28, 2008, 12:20:28 AM »
P.S.  I think the Mole is saying in the journal that she/he is not as "stupid" as Craig or Alex because she/he thinks both of them would slip and give up their identity, essentially eliminating them from being the Mole. That would leave Paul, Mark, Kristen, Clay and Nicole as the Mole.

Offline Rabbit

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #290 on: June 28, 2008, 01:42:12 AM »
i don't think the mole is insinuating craig or Alex are stupid and would slip up. Here's how i read it..

IF the Mole had a journal entry this week, it would mean the Mole still had his/her journal to write in. Since the only ones who have their journals intact are Craig and Alex, a journal entry appearing would HAVE to mean the mole was one of them.

The entry was poorly written. it should have been something more like:

"I bet you thought I'd write in my
journal this week, proving I’m Craig or Alex, didn't you?

Ha! I'm not that stupid.

Don't miss me too much." (hinting that he/she will be back with a journal entry next week as they all get journals again)

Offline olivesandhummus

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #291 on: June 28, 2008, 02:04:57 AM »
I don't think that the online journal would deliberately eliminate any person from being the mole. I just don't see why ABC would do that and still put energy into making text clues, etc. for each episode. That would make it too easy.

I personally would love to see Mark be the mole, but not a lot of clues point to him. It would be hilarious because of this whole journal business he's putting on. He seemed pretty sincere at the beginning of the season when he cried and was talking about him and his wife each working 2 jobs. But the mole DOES get paid to sabotage the missions, so maybe he meant he was willing to deceive in order to help his family.

Offline buckhead betty

• RFF Not So Newbie
    • myspace
« Reply #292 on: June 28, 2008, 02:17:56 AM »
Hey everyone!! Well I guess after being a "guest" on this board for the past year (avid BB watcher) I FINALLY signed up so I can add my two cents instead of just talking to my computer while reading the posts  :lol:

Ok so here's my first two cents.....

I from the begining felt the Mole is either Mark or Kristen, now after reading these clues and theories my suspicions stand but now added Craig to them.

Now to the point... reading this entire thread and confirming some Mark clues, I think I may have a "theory" on the ABCCBAA etc. clue. A's B's and C's are grades but are also called "marks" (Mark!) and he is a High School history teacher right?  I wonder if he teaches 11th grade history? Well its probably not a great theory but I just htought I would add aother to the oh so addicting clue mix :snicker:
« Last Edit: June 28, 2008, 05:15:36 PM by buckhead betty »

Offline buckhead betty

• RFF Not So Newbie
    • myspace
« Reply #293 on: June 28, 2008, 02:41:02 AM »
Now I havent looked at the ABC site to see the journal or what thats all about so im only first seeing the pic here in the thread but could the "dont miss me too much" just be a regular old clue or is it foreshadow for whats to come b/c if its just another hint remember after they burned the journal's Mark went missing and no one knew where he was.

Or when Craig went off with the medics he missed dinner and the burning journal ceremony.

gosh my stuff sounds pretty mediocre to some yall's theories hehehe.

Offline Molecule

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #294 on: June 28, 2008, 09:41:59 AM »
i don't think the mole is insinuating craig or Alex are stupid and would slip up. Here's how i read it..

IF the Mole had a journal entry this week, it would mean the Mole still had his/her journal to write in. Since the only ones who have their journals intact are Craig and Alex, a journal entry appearing would HAVE to mean the mole was one of them.

Ha! I'm not that stupid.

Don't miss me too much." (hinting that he/she will be back with a journal entry next week as they all get journals again)

Brilliant Rabbit!  :jumpy: You're spot on! I can't believe how clear the message is now. It's written on a piece of paper and not in a journal! Duh  :groan:

Offline jojonj

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #295 on: June 28, 2008, 10:32:01 AM »
Ok, not sure if this has been brought up...I still believe the mole is Clay and I am going to stand firm unless he gets executed of course..LOL...but with the piggy's went to market thing...did anybody take notice what the "pigs" are made of...CLAY and they show the picture of all the little pigs...any thoughts on that?

Offline Crash_hust

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #296 on: June 28, 2008, 01:43:36 PM »
I think we all read into everything way to much HAHAHa.

I still wish i could make sense of the clue cards.... they seem to be the missing link. I'm still pretty convinced its paul. and if it isn't paul... i think he'll win. Craig is still up there tho... and i think EVERYONE agrees he is a prime suspect.
THe little piggy challenge is the one that has me tied up. Mainly because they BOTH could have sabatoged it. Paul trying to catch the piggies (and breaking the one they had) and Craig suggesting to put Bobby in the wheelbarrow, also that group didnt get ANY pigs, and Craig also suggested to take another groups wheelbarrow so they could get more.... that could have worked out well if someone "overheated" and turned it over.

:groan: what to think what to think.

Offline Nightstalker

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #297 on: June 28, 2008, 02:55:46 PM »

Ha! I'm not that stupid.

Oh geez.  I can't believe I didn't think of that.  I feel so stupid now.  That makes perfect sense.  Great call.

I have another question while I'm thinking about it.  I understand the 11 clue from the first week but I think people are jumping on it so much.  Everyone seems to be looking for 11 anywhere and everywhere.  I'm not saying it's not a clue but it seems like people are focusing so much on it.  They want Craig to be The Mole so anything they can turn into 11 they will just to become more confident in Craig.  Self-fulfilling prophecy, ya know?

Offline Nightstalker

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #298 on: June 28, 2008, 02:57:06 PM »
Ok, not sure if this has been brought up...I still believe the mole is Clay and I am going to stand firm unless he gets executed of course..LOL...but with the piggy's went to market thing...did anybody take notice what the "pigs" are made of...CLAY and they show the picture of all the little pigs...any thoughts on that?

I'm with you at this point.  I'm backing Clay as the mole 100%.  I think your reasoning is kind of silly and arbitrary but I totally agree with the sentiment.  My only other top suspect for a while was Victoria and now that she's gone it just has to be Clay in my mind.

Offline Mintobrandybuck

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #299 on: June 28, 2008, 03:18:42 PM »
Hey, everyone! Just read through all of this, and I've got to say I'm impressed by the deductive reasoning going on here.

A little about me: I take pride in my innate ability to read people, which is why I love shows like these that keep you guessing. I've successfully guessed the mole in Seasons 1 and 2 (I didn't watch 3 or 4 >_>), and I'm pretty confident I can in this season, too. So. . . I'm here to help you all find the truth and cut out everything else!  ;)

My bit: Personally, I think the mole is Mark. I know there is not a lot of clues pointing to him, but in my experience the mole is always the one that you would least expect. I mean, what good is being the mole if you purposely give hints as to your identity? He's not very suspicious, but then again neither were Kathryn or Bill.

Now as for the clues, I don't want to trust the Mole scrapbook, because I doubt the producers would REALLY put a clue in there. From what I've deduced, all it has are events that happened in that episode and a little mocking farewell to whoever it is that leaves. Someone pointed out that Paul would make the type of comments that the mole did in the scrapbook, but honestly I think anyone who had that position would be like that.

A lot of recurring things are see are the number 11, the grades, and the 'I lie with my eyes' hint. I don't really think the number 11 can really be a deciding factor in this case, because

a) The journals were chosen randomly. Therefore Craig getting Journal 11 is a coincidence.
b) A lot of the reasoning that has been shown makes sense. . . if you were trying to prove that Craig is the mole. Which leads me to my next point.

I don't know what to think about the grades (or the other clues, for that matter). I assume they have to do with the episode they were given for, so I guess I'll be watching out for anything that may be related to this week's clue. And for the 'Eyes' clue, I don't feel comfortable using it as evidence because there is no proof that its meaning has been shown yet. IN fact, more likely than not, the clue has to do with the entire season as a whole. It's too early to make assumptions.

I think, honestly, that some of these clues are being overthought. I know the hints are subtle, but they wouldn't purposely make them so obscure that you have to do a bunch of math or google search some random congress act. I remember from previous seasons, for example:

Season 1: One clue in particular I remember was after one episode, the host said '____(The guy who got executed) paid the price', and the mole's last name was Price.
Season 2: Early on in season 2 the word 'Admiral' flashed during the opening credits. Bill was an admiral.

So unless they've gone and changed it to make it harder, I doubt the clues will be difficult to figure out; rather, they will be subtle and go unnoticed.

So. . . yeah. That's my bit. Sorry if I've shot dwn your theories in this post, but cutting them down can actually help us get closer. I actually have a lot more to say, but it'll have to wait until next time. I'm getting a little long-winded as it is. Think about it!

Oh, before I forget! My parents and sister wouldn't leave this alone from the last episode: Near the end of the episode (I believe it was at the dinner before the execution; all I remember was that tension was high), when they were panning between everyone at the table, there was a baby's cry when it showed Mark (. . . or was it Nicole? >_>). Now the three of them are hellbent on proving the mole is Nicole because she's and OBGYN. (Personally, I think it was just a sound effect because the atmosphere was tense. Who knows?)