Author Topic: The Mole 5.0 *Ongoing Clue Analysis and Challenge Discussions*  (Read 231844 times)

Offline Molecule

• RFF Jr. Member
Re: The Mole 5.0 *Ongoing Clue Analysis and Challenge Discussions*
« Reply #250 on: June 23, 2008, 10:49:01 PM »
well i'm trying to make sense of it. So far all of the text clues have had to do with someone going home. i missed the first one but the heart and grapes sent BOTH of those players home. Liz was wearing hearts and Bobby had the grape thingy.

cf (11) 8. 

if its campfire .... then its who gets "saved" from the fire. kinda odd....

I'm willing to bet the clues aren't consistent or tied to a particular result. There had to have been a team of writers who did nothing all day long except to come up with these clues, for days or weeks, just to make our wheels spin. So far, they done good!

Offline Molecule

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #251 on: June 23, 2008, 11:17:48 PM »
I haven't seen anyone comment on Jon Kelley's blog yet so I thought to bring it up. It's here: http://blogs.abc.com/molehost/

He has some insight and if it's not scripted then I think it could be a good source for clues.

On a lighter note, this came from his last:

"One of my favorite conspiracy theories thus far -- while it had little to do w/ the game, was clever, unique and very imaginative.   Here on the ABC message board, somebody went deep, passing along the following nugget.  Went something like this:  "I think on the final episode, Jon Kelley will reach up and rip off his face -- ala Mission Impossible III, revealing all along, he was actually Anderson Cooper!"

If ONLY!!!!  :snicker:

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #252 on: June 24, 2008, 10:40:28 AM »
Well if Victoria is journal 3... then 11 - 8 is 3.  maybe they thought the clues were too easy and they threw a curve ball.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #253 on: June 24, 2008, 01:55:27 PM »
Text Clue:
cf (11) 8

cf could refer to the following:cf.
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
For other uses, see Cf.
Look up cf. in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.cf. is an abbreviation for the Latin-derived (but also modern English) word confer, meaning "compare" or "consult". It is mainly used in common and statute law contexts as well as in academic writing[1].

Thus cf. is often used by authors in the text of their article or book to refer to other academic material which may provide auxiliary information or arguments to the understanding of theirs.

It is sometimes used (primarily in dictionaries) to imply insight into the preceding word's etymology — that is, to suggest how one term obtained its particular naming convention (perhaps from another phrase). For example, the phrase "Big Whack (cf. Big Bang)" suggests to the reader that the usage of the moniker (self-given nickname) "Big Whack" derives at least its name from the latter.

In the system of binomial nomenclature, the use of cf. is similarly used to indicate that the species needs to be seen in context of its comparison to another, but by definition is not confirmed as the same. For example Corvus cf. splendens indicates "a bird similar to the House Crow but not certainly identified as this species". For this reason many mistakenly believe that cf. is an abbreviated form of "confirmed" or "inconfirmatus" or the like.

So we might be comparing 11 to 8 or some such nonsense.

Offline deegee617

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #254 on: June 24, 2008, 02:57:15 PM »
cf(11)8 = See if 11 ate.

Craig didn't eat... and he is linked to "11"

Offline Crash_hust

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #255 on: June 24, 2008, 09:06:18 PM »
Craig ate... at the end. he was there...

i really think victoria was number 3.... thats the only explanation.

Offline jskura

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #256 on: June 25, 2008, 02:47:15 AM »
Craig however wasnt at the dinner before the burning of the journals.

Offline molenewbie

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #257 on: June 25, 2008, 10:22:33 AM »
He ate regardless

Offline ruff7777777

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #258 on: June 25, 2008, 11:23:42 AM »
craig's real birthdate is nov 20 1977...not 1978....i saw this on his facebook page when he responded to my message asking him if he was the mole.

Offline Pearlgirl4221

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • "Shelves in the closet happy thought indeed!"
« Reply #259 on: June 25, 2008, 04:16:12 PM »
craig's real birthdate is nov 20 1977...not 1978....i saw this on his facebook page when he responded to my message asking him if he was the mole.

November is the 11th month...just a thought...and 8x11=88 Craig would have turned 11 in 1988...idk just some ideas to bounce around.
"But pride where there is a real superiority of mind, pride is always under good regulation." ~Mr. Darcy, Pride and Prejudice~

Offline gte747e

• RFF Newbie
Re: The Mole 5 *Spoilers*
« Reply #260 on: June 26, 2008, 12:59:20 AM »
In the second picture posted by someone earlier ("I Lie with my Eyes"), look closely at the contestants eyes.
All are facing forward except one - Alex.
This one screams out at me!!!!

FROM TWOP

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/463/ewmole1au4.jpg
http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/9881/ewmole2go7.jpg
http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/9523/ewmole3ym1.jpg

Offline stacy

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #261 on: June 26, 2008, 01:10:10 AM »

mobile text clues
EP1: NIC@IT 

NICATIT is an anagram for 'Anti Tic'  Kristen is a neuro scientist working on a cure for Parkinsons disease. People w/ this disease often experience tics and spasms..therefore she is working against tics (anti tic)!!??

Offline Blondie

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Watch out, I will chop you!!!
« Reply #262 on: June 26, 2008, 06:19:59 AM »
 :waves:  Welcome Stacy,

Wow you guys are really good. So many idea's and analogies. I have no idea now who the mole is.  :lol:
Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth...AMEN..!!

Offline Molecule

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #263 on: June 26, 2008, 06:00:37 PM »
I haven't actually figured anything out, but here comes the number 11 again.

If we invert the clue card to read like this:

Z O O
P Q R
E F G

and substitute the letters for their corresponding numbers in the alphabet, we get:

26 15 15
16 17 18
  5  6   7

Now subtract the bottom row from the middle row:

26 15 15
11 11 11

This is where I stopped unless ZOO should be left alone, then we have:

Z   O   O
11 11 11

I don't think anyone has mentioned this yet, not that I can recall, but Craig and Kristen both come San Diego and Santa Monica respectively which are equally religious names. Perhaps a little diving into these two saints or cities might produce something. San Diego does have a world famous zoo as well.  ;)

Offline Molecule

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #264 on: June 26, 2008, 06:07:35 PM »
p.s. or you could get really twisted and add 15 + 15 + 26 = 56, then 5 + 6 = 11   :groan:

Offline Nightstalker

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #265 on: June 26, 2008, 06:11:37 PM »
Hey guys.  This is my first post.  I've been watching this thread since the season started though.  I was examining The Mole's diary on the ABC website and I think it's given away enough information already to tell me exactly who The Mole is.  Feel free to correct me if you think I'm off.  I'd love some input.

Okay, so first here's who is left:

Alex
Clay
Craig
Kristen
Mark
Nicole
Paul

"Being blindfolded while flying 40MPH on a luge... That's something new for me."

Well, I guess this one depends on how we interpret the clue being changed.  Was it changed because it was misleading or because it gave too much away?  I assume it's because it gave too much away since another page has a grape stain on it.  Only the blindfolded people had to touch the fruit.  Craig, Mark and Nicole weren't blindfolded so I've eliminated them.

Alex
Clay
Kristen
Paul

Another page refers to Kristen in the third person.  So unless The Mole is Kristen and she talks like The Rock then she's eliminated as well.

Alex
Clay
Paul

The diary also talks about playing the soccer game.  That reinforces the elimination of a few suspects including Kristen again.  Also, another page asks how to say something in Spanish.  Why would Alex ask that question?  We've seen that he's fluent in Spanish.  So who does that leave?

Clay
Paul

So that's it.  From my perspective it's a 50/50 guess.  I don't know about anyone else but if Paul was The Mole he would have to have the biggest set of balls in the world to be so vocal and in everyone's face all of the time.  That leaves me with one option only.

The Mole is CLAY!

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 08:44:00 PM by Nightstalker »

Offline Crash_hust

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #266 on: June 26, 2008, 06:24:33 PM »
actually i think its paul because he is in everyone's face. He obviously is liked by mark and clay. THey tend to not really say much when he goes nutso.

The women are always just like pfffft whatever and just assume he's a New York butt hole.

Offline Pearlgirl4221

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • "Shelves in the closet happy thought indeed!"
« Reply #267 on: June 26, 2008, 07:44:34 PM »
I haven't actually figured anything out, but here comes the number 11 again.

If we invert the clue card to read like this:

Z O O
P Q R
E F G

and substitute the letters for their corresponding numbers in the alphabet, we get:

26 15 15
16 17 18
  5  6   7

Now subtract the bottom row from the middle row:

26 15 15
11 11 11

This is where I stopped unless ZOO should be left alone, then we have:

Z   O   O
11 11 11

I don't think anyone has mentioned this yet, not that I can recall, but Craig and Kristen both come San Diego and Santa Monica respectively which are equally religious names. Perhaps a little diving into these two saints or cities might produce something. San Diego does have a world famous zoo as well.  ;)

Ok so I think you are defiantly on the right track...i did the same thing exchanging letters for #s and the one thing that jumped out at me is that the numbers in the top and middle rows are 11 #s apart(ABCD[E]{F}(G)HIJKLMNO[P]{Q}(R)S)...and seeing as 11 seems to be the seasons number I thought it was important…..so.   I fallowed the pattern and went back 11 numbers from the Z and got O and 11 letters back from O is D...ODD...so I think the clue is odd...odd what idk. so I think it make since but  I could be way off.
Craig and Kristen have an odd # of letters in their names......seems a little obvious.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 07:47:35 PM by Pearlgirl4221 »
"But pride where there is a real superiority of mind, pride is always under good regulation." ~Mr. Darcy, Pride and Prejudice~

Offline Molecule

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #268 on: June 26, 2008, 08:01:34 PM »
The diary also talks about playing the soccer game.  That reinforces the elimination of a few suspects including Kristen again.  Also, another page asks how to say something in Spanish.  Why would Paul ask that question?  We've seen that he's fluent in Spanish.  So who does that leave?

Great analysis Nightstalker! Only I thought it was Alex who knew Spanish? Or is that who you meant?

I had also eliminated Kristen if the journal is on the up and up, but missed the soccer reference so that would eliminate Mark too huh? Wow. I thought for sure he sabotaged the "When Pigs Fly" challenge, both when they got lost and then when he was rushing them to no end to shoot the pigs. If they had slowed down a bit they wouldn't have broken as many perhaps. Same with the scavenger items. He picked up that camera and said something like, "just put anything on the table for now." Just some thoughts! I'm still at a loss, but Clay, Craig and Mark are the three in my sights (for now).

Offline Molecule

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #269 on: June 26, 2008, 08:03:30 PM »
actually i think its paul because he is in everyone's face. He obviously is liked by mark and clay. THey tend to not really say much when he goes nutso.

The women are always just like pfffft whatever and just assume he's a New York butt hole.

Watch the ABC preview for the EP5!!!! It's now online and Clay and Paul have it out BIG TIME!!! If Clay liked him before, he sure as heck doesn't now!

Offline Molecule

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #270 on: June 26, 2008, 09:36:39 PM »

So that's it.  From my perspective it's a 50/50 guess.  I don't know about anyone else but if Paul was The Mole he would have to have the biggest set of balls in the world to be so vocal and in everyone's face all of the time.  That leaves me with one option only.

The Mole is CLAY!

Thoughts?

I hate to post so much, but I'll say it. [standing] My name is Molecule and I'm a Mole addict. Now that that's outta the way....  :funny:

I just went back to the journal and lo and behold, I think I just put Paul at the top of my list! Here's why:

• "Taxis are cheap when you're paying Pesos."

Where else in the U.S. does one frequently take a taxi that's expensive (besides San Francisco)? NEW YORK!

• "Now which little piggy went to market?"

This could infer that the Mole stayed behind to catch pigs....

• "Those kids really ran us all over the field...."

Again, Nightstalker's deduction that the Mole was on the goal oriented team.

• "If only the Chilean blankets were a little bigger." And, "Dear Liz, ... i really didn't have to lift a finger. Thanks for making my life so easy!"

Sounds like a sarcastic remark only Paul would make doesn't it? The blanket comment suggests it came from someone who actually used the blanket. And all of Liz's problems made it easy for him to go unnoticed since everyone would blame her for the missed/broken pigs.

• "Heading down a luge [blindfolded]...."

Still up for debate until we know for sure, but I think the obvious is the obvious and that's why it was edited (bad job ABC!). He still lost a little money by getting the last two fruits out of sequence so one could say it was a small sabotage.

• "Well at least Ali didn't have to wheel you out on a wheelbarrow."

Paul was the only one who slammed Bobby for this.

Many don't want to believe Paul is the Mole because it doesn't fit the mold of previous seasons, but perhaps thay decided to change things up a bit and go with someone completely over the top. If so, I believe the journal points to him if anyone. Of course, if the journal isn't purposefully misleading!

Now to add a little more if I may?  blahblah  The TITANIC clue everyone picked up on could be correct, but perhaps if points to Paul being that the ship's destination was New York before it met its demise.

Next, the number 11. Maybe it could just be reduced to the number 1? An ODD number as Pearlgirl suggested? New York/Yonkers postal codes begin with 1 of course. On the preview for EP5, Paul has a new journal and its number is 1 (or maybe their original journals were never burned? We'll find out I guess!). I have another theory about 11, but I think they'd be really sad to use it so I'll refrain.

Next, the apple reference that was used in a previous season. Jon bit into an apple that Bobby was convinced referred to The Big Apple. Well, wouldn't it be dumb to presume that they would use this clue AGAIN? Maybe. Or maybe not! Maybe they figured we'd all dismiss it for obvious reasons.

Finally, Pisco Sours, made from lime or LEMON juice. Paul's little mascot, Lemonhead? Enuf said.

I'd hate for the Mole to be Paul only 'cuz I can't stand the guy, but maybe that's how they expect everyone to react.

:waves:

Offline PirateDavid

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #271 on: June 26, 2008, 09:44:21 PM »
I'm going to agree that Clay is the Mole.   Of all the contestants who have thrown and screwed up challenges, he's been able to do it without getting any attention from the other contestants.   He's done things like sat out the underwear challenge, talked when he wasn't supposed to talk during the luge challenge, and tried to sabotage (unsuccessfully) the hike up the mountain challenge by insisting that he get the exemption.   Right now, I'm 99% sure that Clay is the mole.   

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #272 on: June 26, 2008, 10:16:29 PM »
EP5 :

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #273 on: June 26, 2008, 10:24:03 PM »

Watch the ABC preview for the EP5!!!! It's now online and Clay and Paul have it out BIG TIME!!! If Clay liked him before, he sure as heck doesn't now!

No pizza commercials :D (when ready, still processing)

Offline molenewbie

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #274 on: June 27, 2008, 12:52:27 AM »
EP5 :

The sequence of numbers is out of order. the 1 replaces the 6 in the order. If these clues correspond with who the mole is then The 1 could represent the new journal that paul got and could perhaps be telling who the next victim is..... further proving molecules point.
 :duno: