Author Topic: The Mole 5.0 *Ongoing Clue Analysis and Challenge Discussions*  (Read 231797 times)

Offline Molecule

• RFF Jr. Member
Re: The Mole 5.0 *Ongoing Clue Analysis and Challenge Discussions*
« Reply #175 on: June 17, 2008, 10:55:13 PM »
I'll be really disappointed if Victoria is the mole because her lame acting is just so obvious - from her smirking during one of the executions, to her stand-off with Paul and subsequent apology, to all her little comments that come across as SO scripted. She needs to ditch L.A. 'cuz her acting is lousy. Sorry, but I just don't want to buy into her. I want to be thrown off my rocker... er... sofa, and not have such a transparent mole so early on in the game!   :lala

Offline randallcornelius

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #176 on: June 18, 2008, 12:07:35 AM »
wow, not even Kim Peek can memorize the amount of leads we posted on this site... :duno:

Offline Molecule

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #177 on: June 18, 2008, 12:27:44 AM »
Just had another thought! I know, I know, I'm obsessed with laundered clothes today. I promise it won't last. Each team was given one card with the hidden clue of the address to the lavaseco in Roman numerals. Watch the episode again and see who got the card and which one of them doesn't let go of that card for the entire time. Why give up the clue if you're the mole, right?

Offline Rabbit

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #178 on: June 18, 2008, 12:50:54 AM »
i know Craig had the card the whole time and when the host explained about the clue, he nodded his head that he had figured it out.

There is a screen cap posted in the eppy 4 media thread that has me puzzled. It's of Mark and the host at the time of execution. Mark has on a yellow jacket and hat and seems to be giving the host a talking to (or at least strongly expressing himself). 
Subsequent screen caps show mark sitting there in a suit with the others awaiting the test results.

Could this cap be an indication that Mark is booted and he's gone up, put his jacket on and is having the little tete a tete with the host before they head off to the vehicle?

just a thought.

Offline molenewbie

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #179 on: June 18, 2008, 02:20:25 AM »
the mole is Alex . in the intro, while they are showing everyones silhouettes, if you pause at the right time you can see the mole reading journals or maybe documenting everyones moves when it flashes. Its ALEX's silhouette you see when it flashes. Also I believe ive figured out the pisco sours clue. In Chile they make pisco sours, as it is their native drink, with a multitude of different pisco brandies. One of the types of GRAPES (clue) used to make the brandy is ALEXandria muscats.  :yess: Lol.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 10:40:46 AM by molenewbie »

Offline multi007

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #180 on: June 18, 2008, 08:35:09 AM »
i know Craig had the card the whole time and when the host explained about the clue, he nodded his head that he had figured it out.

I saw that too - but would the mole have made such a emotion?

Offline multi007

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #181 on: June 18, 2008, 08:37:15 AM »
So far I think the mole could be Kristin, Clay or Mark.    Just my feeling - no evidence so far.

Offline elTopo

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #182 on: June 18, 2008, 09:31:25 AM »
I'm new to RFF and i've enjoyed reading everyone theories. There are so many great ideas! There seems to be the most evidence pointing towards Craig or Victoria but in my opinion the mole is Mark.  Ever since his sobbing soliloquy I have believed it is him; what a "mole-ish" thing to do.

Anyway everybody seems to be really caught up with all of these Catholic hints.  I think we can submiss all of the Catholic references as the producers trying to give us a glimpse into the Chilean culture.  Usually the show tries to give a little background and information on the culture of the place where the film is shot.  We saw a little more of this when the execution took place in the train station and JK gave us a little background info.  (maybe the train station is a hint? ha, i doubt it!) Catholicism is a veerryy important aspect of many Latin American cultures therefore it would be normal to see a lot of Catholic themes.  In looking for the hints sometimes we are too paranoid, maybe this is a good thing though. In my opinion the Catholic references are just that and theres no need to analyze them.

Offline molenewbie

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #183 on: June 18, 2008, 10:01:58 AM »
For those following the catholic clues... Is it odd that the address was in ROMAN numerals? As in the Roman Catholic? Maybe we are looking for someone who is very religious.

Offline Pearlgirl4221

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • "Shelves in the closet happy thought indeed!"
« Reply #184 on: June 18, 2008, 10:39:10 AM »
If the religious symbols are in fact clues then they could also be pionting to Craig. He graduated from Point Loma Nazarene University a Christian university. (mission statement: http://www.pointless.edu/AboutPLNU/MissionandVision.htm) Just a thought, I really hope he is the mole and not Victoria I agree way to fake. But it does Look like alot of clues are pionting towards them, but I am still keeping and eye on Clay.
"But pride where there is a real superiority of mind, pride is always under good regulation." ~Mr. Darcy, Pride and Prejudice~

Offline molenewbie

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #185 on: June 18, 2008, 11:22:09 AM »
Is there some way we can get all the clues in one post?

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #186 on: June 18, 2008, 11:29:01 AM »
Is it odd that the address was in ROMAN numerals? As in the Roman Catholic?
It isn't a legal requirement to use roman numerals in a copyright notice, but it's a common practice. Figuring out that ©72 makes no sense would have eventually lead someone to Lulu cleaners (a block away from Telar restaurant), but nobody took the bait.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #187 on: June 18, 2008, 11:41:36 AM »
If you want to, go right ahead molenewbie :hithere:

Offline washburn927

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #188 on: June 18, 2008, 12:37:54 PM »
That's a good point, elTopo. I'm caught up w/ the religious clues, but I'm thinking you may be right b/c there are so many of them. Regarding the background info at the train station, I'm thinking that might be a clue. Kelly seemed to go out of his way to make the reference to Gustav Eiffel. I looked it up, and Eiffel is responsible for giving the U.S. the statue of liberty in NY. Can anyone make anything of that?

Offline molenewbie

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #189 on: June 18, 2008, 12:51:02 PM »
Also if you look at the first episode, when craig brings over the mole sign.. he isnt the only one carrying it. Alex is helping him. I just say that to say we can't put it all on craig.

*FEEDBACK Wanted*
Another point i would like to point out is that after nicole stayed up all night the first thing she askes for is a blowdryer....... why? especially if she didnt take a shower and had the same clothes on that she was wearing from the previous night.... but thats not what gives her away as the mole..... later in the episode.... alex finds a blowdryer on the beach.... which was a very specific thing for nicole to ask for. Now the question is however, Is it the person who actually asked for the blowdryer that is the mole or was the mole (Alex) trying to be funny in bringing back the blowdryer?

Offline molenewbie

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #190 on: June 18, 2008, 12:53:01 PM »
that was all in the first episode.

Offline jme01

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #191 on: June 18, 2008, 03:31:34 PM »
Didn't Craig find the cleaners?

Offline molenewbie

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #192 on: June 18, 2008, 03:53:48 PM »
Today, California accounts for 99 percent of all U.S. commercially grown table grapes, and table grape vineyards cover more than 80,000 acres in the state. Grapes that account for the pisco sours.

And Is it a coincidence that they started in Los angeles, Chile?

The mole likes things that remind him or her of home.

The mole is from California.

Craig or Kristen. lol

I know i am all over the place but these are the thoughts in my head. :-[

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #193 on: June 18, 2008, 05:20:32 PM »

Is this what you meant molenewbie?

entertainment weekly clue:
I lie with my eyes

mobile text clues
EP1: NIC@IT 
EP2: Heart
EP3: grapes

abc clues:
EP1: E_E_E_
EP2: A B C B B    A C C B C A
EP3: s666 - LIAr

Offline Crash_hust

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #194 on: June 18, 2008, 06:18:44 PM »
It seems to me that all of the mobile clues have come along the lines of WHO is being executed more so than who the mole is.

Offline olivesandhummus

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #195 on: June 18, 2008, 07:00:04 PM »
I don't know if it's been mentioned here already, but I read somewhere another person's theory about the E_E_E_ clue. The missing letters, L V N, may correspond to Liz, Victoria, and Nicole - and on the ABC page for The Mole, these 3 form a triangle around Paul. His age also adds up to 11.

Offline Molecule

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #196 on: June 18, 2008, 07:00:34 PM »
There is a screen cap posted in the eppy 4 media thread that has me puzzled. It's of Mark and the host at the time of execution. Mark has on a yellow jacket and hat and seems to be giving the host a talking to (or at least strongly expressing himself). 
Subsequent screen caps show mark sitting there in a suit with the others awaiting the test results.

Could this cap be an indication that Mark is booted and he's gone up, put his jacket on and is having the little tete a tete with the host before they head off to the vehicle?

just a thought.

I'm not so sure that is Mark. The jacket and bb cap are not seen in any other screen caps that I can find.

Offline Rabbit

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #197 on: June 18, 2008, 08:03:12 PM »
yeah i've been scouring for that jacket too and i can't find it. I think Alex has a yellow jacket or something underneath his coat in the caps of them at the top with the gold bullion, and nicole has a yellow kangaroo jacket, but otherwise, nothing. Now it's not nicole in that cap. It *could* be alex, but i would bet money that is Mark. Even the way he's gesturing with his hand is like Mark does.

Offline SeldomSeen

• RFF Newbie
Re: Some Molesh Chops
« Reply #198 on: June 18, 2008, 09:04:17 PM »
OK folks are you ready for a Mole prediction? I think Kristen is the Mole. She really hasn't shown any Molelish behavior to this point but the way the other players are playing the game she really doesn't have to. The players seem to be more interested in taking verbal pot shots at each other instead of focusing there attention on the business at hand which adding money to the pot. Yes, Kristen can just kick back and watch as these mental midgets argue amongst themselves. Yes my friends KRISTEN IS THE MOLE!!  You heard it here first.

Offline molenewbie

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #199 on: June 18, 2008, 09:37:13 PM »
If the clues about who is going home are accurate then the only clue that is amiss is the Nic@IT one. I believe that nicole was supposed to home home the first night. But found she way to circumvent the moles wishes *lol* by being whiny.... or just her natural self. now I'm sure that everyone noticed when Craig said that Nicole should have gone home. What does this mean tho?