Author Topic: The Mole 5.0 *Ongoing Clue Analysis and Challenge Discussions*  (Read 231337 times)

Offline p1a55b1idii

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: The Mole 5.0 *Ongoing Clue Analysis and Challenge Discussions*
« Reply #100 on: June 11, 2008, 08:30:07 AM »
There might be another clue that points to Craig. In the first episode intro Craig is the only one without any type of graphics(the circly things) next to his name or hometown. The text doesn't change either. Plus he's a graphic artist. That might be something that's not so obvious  so maybe that's a clue.

Offline Rabbit

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #101 on: June 11, 2008, 12:07:23 PM »
i normally would have disregarded the intro graphic as a clue, chalking it up to maybe craig being a last minute addition. But now that episode 2's intro DOES have the circles and animation on his intro, it all but proves they knew it was different from the rest and purposely made it that way.

Offline jskura

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #102 on: June 11, 2008, 12:34:06 PM »
Does anyone know where a Canadian would be able to watch the episodes online?

ABC doesnt like me too much, and I would like to be able to go back and watch what I missed.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #103 on: June 11, 2008, 12:53:27 PM »

ABC doesnt like me too much, and I would like to be able to go back and watch what I missed.

The only place I can think of is youtube

It has all the episodes there you can watch over and over, hope that helps

Try this link:  http://www.youtube.com/user/moleclassic

Offline jskura

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #104 on: June 11, 2008, 04:08:52 PM »

The only place I can think of is youtube

It has all the episodes there you can watch over and over, hope that helps

Try this link:  http://www.youtube.com/user/moleclassic

Sweet Thanks!

Offline multi007

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #105 on: June 11, 2008, 06:06:03 PM »
I'm new here. welcome to me and hello to you all  :waves:

MY observations are based on the contestants personalities, reactions, and interactions with each other.  Using process of elimination, I am going to break my logic down...  Bare with me if I sound stupid - this is my first posting of this kind.

I cant believe the theory mentioned in a previous post "What if the clues are pointing to who is NOT the Mole."  Impossible to point that out unless its all done in post production....  I don't think there was enough time for the writers and producers to come up with that type of ingenuity from December 07 (when it was decided that the writer's strike was the reason why the Mole was brought back into production)  up to the actual start of filming - March 08.   3 months or so of preproduction does NOT give enough time to be that ingenious.  Pointing out who the Mole is, instead of who the mole isn't, is much much easier for the producers.

I like the clues about Craig but I'm not convinced - yet.  There are more clues that were shown in the opening credits that mean nothing right now, but may end up meaning something later.  The Chicago 12/5/1970 clue - well no one in the game is 38 (?) years old so is that a clue to throw us off or does that mean something? 

Paul - cant be the mole - he is too hyped up on finding the mole, too excited about getting the exemption in the pig, to hot headed to be the mole. (the real mole is better off playing it cool and calm while making small plays to sabotage the team). A typical New Yorker - not a problem though as I am one too!

Bobby - strong possibility as being the mole because he either 1) is faking his health to slow down the team, or 2) has a legitimate physical disability that is throwing us all off.

Craig - maybe - the other entries/clues pointing out Craig as a possible mole could be applied to him or other contestants - not too clear.  The only thing about him that makes me think he "could" be the mole is the way his demeanor is, how he acts and reacts. He is very calm, cool and collected - very similar to the way Bill was in the first season of Mole.   However one thing that sticks in my mind is that he is always talking about how Nicole should have been executed instead of "enter name".  Reason to think he is not the mole - why fix the sling shot even if he knows how, if he is the mole?  Only to throw off the other contestants or if he really is not the mole.

Alex - No way - not the mole.  He used Spanish fluently to converse with the townspeople to find almost all of the pigs they could before running out of time. If he were the mole, he would have 1) used his Spanish skills to direct the team in the wrong direction, 2) never even would have admitted to knowing Spanish at all.  He could have done what bobby did "me llama bobby" - very funny by the way!

Mark - Very possible.  He pushed that bike up that long hill to earn an exemption.  Either way,  if he is or is not the mole, it was in his best interest to win.  If he won, he got an exemption, if he lost, the team got $35,000.

Kristen - very possible. See above Mark comment. Same thing applies

Clay and Ali ?  For me, Clay is much like Bill was - quite. Kept to himself. Etc..

Victoria...  originally, she was quite, keeping to herself , no clear clues to point me in either direction with one BIG exception... Victoria is now getting on Paul's back because of his remarks about Bobby.  Victoria is feeling bad about Bobby being attacked by Paul and is coming to Bobby's defense.  If Victoria WAS the mole, would she really come to the defense of another contestant?  I think not. 

Im still wondering what the E_E_E means - even if its eleven, then what? Eleven what?   hard to tell right now.  Just read a post above, Craid's bio mentions "heart".  I think that is too obvious.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #106 on: June 11, 2008, 06:15:53 PM »
I'm new here. welcome to me and hello to you all  :waves:

First of all, welcome to all our new RFF members! :welcome: :ty4posting  :gj:

Multi007, thanks for your post. I'm new to the Mole, never watched it before. (Not to mention I haven't seen the first episode yet..)

Your analysis is very helpful for me, no matter who is the mole, I do tend to think you are correct on the people who aren't the mole based on their behavior.

The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline CJ22

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Shanepowers.com check it out.
« Reply #107 on: June 11, 2008, 09:04:03 PM »
Just wanted to add a little more I noticed with the first quiz that I feel points right to Craig being The Mole.

1. Is the mole male/female? - they show Ail who says nothing

2.  When did the mole jump in the over the falls mission? - Craig talking about Marcie's choices (she gets eliminated)

3. In the Crusoe mission which group was the mole assigned to? - Liz who says "the two items that were not found would have been easy for the mole to make sure they weren't found." (they show Craig looking in the sand) liz is referring to Craig's group

4. On the first night where was the mole assigned to sleep?  Marcie says "Outside is Nicole, Liz, Craig and Bobby" hmm Craig's group again - Bobby goes on a rant about Kristen being a great potential mole.

5.  As it is written on the moles bag does the mole have an even or odd number of letters in their name?
- They Zoom in on Bobby's bag I know this isn't Craig who I think is obviously  the mole but isn't interesting that they have the same number of letters per the question?

6. What is the Moles age? - Marcie's questions if Nicole is the Mole who mentions sleeping outside

7. In over the falls what was the outcome of the Mole's attempt? - they show Craig going over the falls.

8. Did the mole drive one of the vans to the beach? - they show us the drivers.

9. At the start of the Crusoe mission was the mole wearing a hat? - Vicotria comments on Bobby running.  OK pause it here this is obviously a weird question only 3 of the 12 have on a hat here so common sense would say guess no you have more odds. The people wearing the hat were Paul, Liz, and Craig. Why would they ask this???? Im guessing Craig doesn't wear a hat again.

10. Who is the Mole? - Alex sitting thinking.

Question 9 is the kicker to me.

Aras the first person to try to meditate fire.......... "Just a little longer guys................. ???? you feel the energy now................????? what about now?????  ........................................................now???"

Offline washburn927

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #108 on: June 11, 2008, 10:37:04 PM »
Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't understand how everyone is getting "Titanic" out of NIC@IT. "Titanic" has 2 t's, but NIC@IT has only 1. The best you could get is Tianic. Let me know if I'm wrong.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #109 on: June 11, 2008, 10:40:31 PM »
NIC--AT--IT  ;)

:welcome: :hithere:

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline washburn927

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #110 on: June 11, 2008, 11:15:09 PM »
oh, now I see. I feel dumb. Thanks.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #111 on: June 11, 2008, 11:30:47 PM »
Don't worry...I didn't get it either! :lol3:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #112 on: June 11, 2008, 11:59:02 PM »
Since I'm not very molish, I only get it because of all of you that contribute and I enjoy reading your theories, so I'm just sitting back and taking it all in and watching everything unfold, keep it coming :gj: .

welcome everyone  :welcome: :ty4posting

:popcorn:

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #113 on: June 12, 2008, 10:54:44 AM »
Maybe, Puddin, isn't very molish, but she sure is smartish.  And not a bad wench either :hearts:

Offline cinni

• mind is tiffany twisted
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • defying gravity
« Reply #114 on: June 12, 2008, 12:18:54 PM »
aha! i've figured it out,  puddin is the mole!  :yess:
always remember....when life hands you lemons, ask for tequila and salt and call me over!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #115 on: June 12, 2008, 01:30:19 PM »
Who knew I had my own fan club?  :lol:  :hearts:

Offline huntingdownthemole

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #116 on: June 12, 2008, 03:31:57 PM »
hey u guys. did u see the clue card in the middle of the 1st page? theres a bunch of letters. doesnt that that resemble as when u go to an eye doctor to do a test for your eyes  to see if u need glasses...aka craig with glasses and the clue "I lie with my eyes".
« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 03:37:15 PM by huntingdownthemole »

Offline multi007

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #117 on: June 12, 2008, 05:24:45 PM »
I just had 2 other thoughts! :hyper:    Bare with me...  I get excited easily... :jumpy:

1) What if the " I lie with my eyes" clue is not directed towards eyeglasses but towards  contact lenses? 
2) Also, what if someone wears colored contact lenses to change their original eye color? Would they not then be qualified for this clue too?    Is it then safe to assume that only females would wear colored contact lenses?  I know no males in my lifetime who wear colored contacts  This is more of a female vanity thing than male.  imo.

Thoughts?

Anthony
« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 05:30:21 PM by multi007 »

Offline tebird13

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #118 on: June 12, 2008, 06:23:42 PM »
I watched episode 2 twice now and something bothered me about the soccer game.  Alex had said he played soccer in High School and when he did his penatly kick he did something any soccer player knows you can't do.  You only get to kick the ball once in a penalty kick, you cannot dribble it which he did.  Was he trying to get his kicked disallowed?  Plus even his second kick was so lame, right at the kid goalie.  In pigs fly he did good job of using his spanish skills to get a lot of pigs, but as the group guested he was the one launching them and would not let anyone else do it.  Was the first part of getting many pigs his coverup to waste many of them in the launch portion.  The more he controlled the more he can see not wind up as money.

Offline WTH2581

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #119 on: June 12, 2008, 09:38:07 PM »
I've heard about people figuring out that Paul is gonna make it really far, which only furthers the idea of Craig as the mole. In the first episode Paul admitted that Craig was his biggest suspicion because "He can fail and everyone will still be happy for him." So if Paul makes it really far, it's obvious that Craig is the mole.

Offline knuckles487

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #120 on: June 12, 2008, 10:24:36 PM »

The mobile text clue this week is HEART and the only thing I can attribute it to is a line from Craigs contestant bio.

Craig considers himself to be a prankster with a big heart and a magnetic personality.

So that seems to fit.   The only other thing I can find about a heart is Bobby writing in his journal "I heart Alex" but he has been spoiled as leaving before taping ended so he is ruled out and I pay no attention to that pathetic waste of space.

As for the ABC clue card with the letters on them, I have no idea what it means.  I thought perhaps something to do with the quiz.  There are 11 letters though so one of them would have to be thrown out so I don't think that's it.  Plus, I tried doing the quiz for each player, answering as if they were the mole.  None of the results came close to matching it even throwing out a letter.  I hope that makes sense.

Since there are 11 letters and 11 players, I am thinking it might have something to do with the seating at the execution.  I got this from another site.  he didn't know what it might mean and neither do I.  This is the way they were sitting.

A - Bobby, B - Craig, C - Kristen, B - Alex, B - Mark
A - Clay, C - Nicole, C - Liz, B - Victoria, C - Ali, A - Paul

A - Bobby, Clay, Paul
B - Craig, Alex, Mark, Victoria
C - Kristen, Nicole, Liz, Ali

In one of his confessionals Craig was talking about the Ham it Up contest. He said: "I saw Bobby limping and I said Bobby get in the wheelbarrow."

So while everyone was on Bobby for being in the wheelbarrow (which he never should have done anyway) not a word was said about Craig telling him to get in. A very good mole act that caused no suspicion on him.   And if you look at the episode again, right after Craigs confessional, you see Bobby RUN to get in. lmao He's just a sissy that doesn't want to do anything. I also noticed Craig didn't have much trouble jogging alongside the wheelbarrow for quite a ways so he's not out of shape as much as he might try to claim later.

Craig has worn his glasses the entire time in both episodes, except for when they were doing the pig challenge. At no time did he have them with him from the time they arrived for the challenge until they were done and left.   He did have them on later though and for the remainder of the episode. They could just be clear glass and this is the "I lie with my eyes" part.

Craig has been the first one to speak after both executions.  That could be taken as the mole giving his thoughts about his victim.

Offline jskura

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #121 on: June 13, 2008, 02:48:07 PM »
Dont forget there is also some editing happening here. Craig may have been the first one shown to say something, so be wary there.

I'm goin to edit this in a second, I want to try something out with that letters clue.

Ok, the letters in the clue are

A B C B B    A C C B C A

I'm wondering if there is something to do numerically with this.

It could be
1 2 3 2 2   1 3 3 2 3 2

Which I will admit doesnt make much sense to me at all.

Watching both episodes though, I wonder if it had something to do with the executions.

The first episode had 6 people get test results.
Ali, Victoria, Paul, Bobby, Mark, Marcie
1      3            3       2          3         2
A       C           C       B          C        B
The second episode, had 5 people get test results
Clay, Alex, Victoria, Bobby, Liz
1         2         3           2       2
A         B         C           B       B

So, do with that what you want. But notice that the people that had test results both times (Victoria and Bobby) would both end up with the same letter.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 02:57:53 PM by jskura »

Offline randallcornelius

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #122 on: June 13, 2008, 05:06:18 PM »
Hi guys, new to the forum. Watched every season of the mole so far though.

jskura, regarding that last post, i don't think the eleven letters that were given are grades to the quizzes. If that were the case, Marcie wouldn't have left the first episode because she didn't have the worst grade. Unless i'm missing something....

i like the theories so far, good work! Thanks to you people, Craig is at the top of my list as the mole, with Paul and Victoria at 2 and 3, respectively.

Offline jskura

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #123 on: June 13, 2008, 07:01:09 PM »
I was just trying to put some new information out there. If someone can make some sense of it, so be it.  :angel:

I have Bobby on my watch list, along with Alex. The way they acted in Ep 2 was suspicious enough for me.

Offline knuckles487

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #124 on: June 13, 2008, 07:23:09 PM »

Dont forget there is also some editing happening here. Craig may have been the first one shown to say something, so be wary there.

I'm well aware of editing and that is exactly the point.  Scenes can be, and always are, edited to fit the way the producers WANT us to see the show.  That is how they manufacture the clues for us and tell us what they want to tell us.  They also always leave out the things they DON'T want us to see.