Author Topic: The Mole 5.0 *Ongoing Clue Analysis and Challenge Discussions*  (Read 231373 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: The Mole 5.0 *Ongoing Clue Analysis and Challenge Discussions*
« Reply #150 on: June 16, 2008, 08:50:53 PM »
You can spill in spoilers! :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #151 on: June 16, 2008, 08:52:17 PM »
I did, my OCD made me do it :D

Offline Rabbit

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #152 on: June 16, 2008, 08:53:57 PM »
oh what a tease you are! lololol

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #153 on: June 16, 2008, 09:14:01 PM »
I wouldn't call it a spoiler, more like process of elimination Rabbit  :angel:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #154 on: June 16, 2008, 09:22:13 PM »
I did, my OCD made me do it :D

oh okay, I thought you had something new! :lol:

I agree with you BTW...  ;)
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline jskura

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #155 on: June 16, 2008, 10:00:13 PM »
So, after all that, I am leaning towards Nicole.

Doubling the apple, and I didnt hear her mention the avacado at the end which would make the double apple a little more obvious.

AND, she just happened to be in the group that found the laundromat with the clothes?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #156 on: June 16, 2008, 10:07:02 PM »
That's why I rule her out...too obvious for me! :lol:

Back to the LIAr clue...

Remember Jon had the ITAL-LIA shirt last time too...

"LIA" is getting a workout and now we know it shouldn't relate to Ali... :duno:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline tebird13

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #157 on: June 16, 2008, 10:08:27 PM »
I am still leaning towards Alex, he got another chance to sabatoge by pretending Nicole said green apple twice and not that she was just confirming the clue.  He seems to be involved anytime the group loses money.

Offline tebird13

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #158 on: June 16, 2008, 10:14:58 PM »
It looked like to me that Nicole and Paul were really giving some extra thought in taking the money and run.  Paul even cursed when Ali stood up.  Was this acting on both their parts or did they eliminate themselves from being the 'Mole'

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #159 on: June 16, 2008, 10:21:22 PM »
What they didn't show was Nicole standing and thinking about taking the 20,000

Offline Cyann

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #160 on: June 16, 2008, 10:27:52 PM »
This is back to the Chicago 12/5/1970 clue from the credits.  If you use the European date style and google May 12, 1970, Chicago, you find out that Ernie Banks of the Chicago Cubs hit his 500th home run on that date in a game at Wrigley Field, off of Pat Jarvis of the Atlanta Braves.  Could this point to anyone?  I didn't find anything interesting for December 5th.

Offline guacaMOLE

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #161 on: June 16, 2008, 10:52:12 PM »
So the text clue was "grapes" and Bobby was given a grape massage. Then he went home. Liz had heart hoops and the clue was "heart" when she went home.

Coincidence?

Offline jskura

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #162 on: June 16, 2008, 10:52:46 PM »
I'm still puttin my money on Nicole. Her reactions at the execution seemed a little...acted

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #163 on: June 16, 2008, 10:59:59 PM »
This is back to the Chicago 12/5/1970 clue from the credits.  If you use the European date style and google May 12, 1970, Chicago, you find out that Ernie Banks of the Chicago Cubs hit his 500th home run on that date in a game at Wrigley Field, off of Pat Jarvis of the Atlanta Braves.  Could this point to anyone?  I didn't find anything interesting for December 5th.

NICE! cyann! Wish I knew what it meant! :lol:

And :welcome2: to RFF!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline andersoncooper0

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #164 on: June 16, 2008, 11:32:19 PM »
regarding the clue for tonight - grapes.  right before they showed the players taking the test, the cameras showed what looked to be a marble statue that was holding something in between its fingers.  the statue looked like a normal renaissance statue representing the "Bacchus" who was the god of wine.  and the thing it was holding was a grape.  and then the first person showed taking the test was nicole.  don't know where really to go with that or if it connects with anything but its something to think about

Offline Cyann

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #165 on: June 17, 2008, 08:38:38 AM »
More fun with google -- S.666 is a senate bill aimed at giving the FDA more power to regulate tobacco products.  One interesting thing about it was that the bill was introduced by Senator DeWine -- possibly a connection to the grapes clue?  And the Pisco sours mentioned here and there in different episodes could also point to wine, as Pisco is a brandy made from grapes, which also make wine.

Of course I have no idea what to do with that information. :lol:  I've been googling Chilean wine and Pisco looking for anything that might shed light on the LIAr part of the clue, but not finding anything.  It's possible, though, that the "grapes" and "s666" clues are meant to point out more than one player who might be linked to wine (who's been shown drinking it?), and the LIAr is meant to narrow that group down to just one, so the two halves of the clue don't necessarily have to be related.

Anyway, maybe a lot to hang on an obscure Senate bill!  I'd be a little more confident of my interpretation if the clue had been written as "S.666-LIAr" rather than "s666-LIAr", but what can you do?

Offline tallactor

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #166 on: June 17, 2008, 11:11:48 AM »
So I've been a big fan of the series since the beginning, but just now started scrutinizing the clues...

Let's start at the beginning...the Mole website. 

Can anyone make out what the background says on the right hand side...it starts out with wikipedia.org/wik

Could this be something we've missed...or am I just on the wrong track?

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #167 on: June 17, 2008, 11:24:11 AM »
More fun with google -- S.666 is a senate bill aimed at giving the FDA more power to regulate tobacco products.  One interesting thing about it was that the bill was introduced by Senator DeWine -- possibly a connection to the grapes clue?  And the Pisco sours mentioned here and there in different episodes could also point to wine, as Pisco is a brandy made from grapes, which also make wine.

Of course I have no idea what to do with that information. :lol:  I've been googling Chilean wine and Pisco looking for anything that might shed light on the LIAr part of the clue, but not finding anything.  It's possible, though, that the "grapes" and "s666" clues are meant to point out more than one player who might be linked to wine (who's been shown drinking it?), and the LIAr is meant to narrow that group down to just one, so the two halves of the clue don't necessarily have to be related.

Anyway, maybe a lot to hang on an obscure Senate bill!  I'd be a little more confident of my interpretation if the clue had been written as "S.666-LIAr" rather than "s666-LIAr", but what can you do?

If S666 refers to a Senate Bill, what session of Congress (year?)  Each session of congress starts numbering bills from 001 again.  The next session of  Congress begins Jan 3 2009.  So S666 could be from almost any session of Congress.

Offline Molecule

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #168 on: June 17, 2008, 01:27:52 PM »
Okay... I've been lurking for the past few days and can't stand not getting in on the discussion!

My take so far on s666 - LIAr:

rail - marks (666 = mark of the beast) (Maybe a visual or something to do with Mark? The only thing remotely close that I noticed were the stripes on Clay's sleeves that could resemble rails and that's prolly a big stretch!)

I also picked up on something that I thought might have been a clue. Craig was wearing a skeleton key around his neck at the spa. The lockers had combinations and I'm sure the hotel doesn't use skeleton keys. When he "discovered" the Dry Cleaners it was right next door to a Locksmith where you can see large images of keys in the background as he's entering the store. It just struck me as kind of odd. He didn't sabotage the Dress Code mission, but maybe because sabotaging the Fruit of the Luge was enough for one episode.

However(!), Clay has always been my first pick for the Mole and he came through with two losses for the players in this last episode. He's been flying waaaayyyy under the radar which makes me really suspicious....

Offline Rabbit

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #169 on: June 17, 2008, 02:05:24 PM »
i really think that key around Craig's neck must be something. Unless he was wearing it in other episodes and we just never saw it. Same goes with Victoria's star tattoo. Anything that isn't there one episode, but there the next could very well be something to focus on.

Offline jojonj

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #170 on: June 17, 2008, 02:43:59 PM »
I was thinking the s66 was a bill also...which as we all know, Clay is the lawyer of the group so he would deal with laws and cases as such no? Any thoughts?

Offline washburn927

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #171 on: June 17, 2008, 02:49:36 PM »
The grapes and wine clues also tie in with the religious clues. Wine is taken at communion in Catholic churches. Also, Italians are known for being big wine drinkers (remember the Italia jacket). Did anyone see the Chilean flag that contained one star in the restaurant just before the execution?  I wonder if it is hinting at the lone star state (Texas). Remember, Victoria is from BISHOP, Texas. Again, another religious name. Bishops are found in Catholic churches, and Victoria is Catholic.

Offline washburn927

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #172 on: June 17, 2008, 03:13:46 PM »
One more thing: I also googled the 12/5/1970 date and found two things. 1) the date on which the Italian play "Accidental Death of an Anarchist" premiered in Italy. 2) the date of the end of Pope Paul VI's Asian and Australian tour. Both of those are Italian clues.

Offline Pearlgirl4221

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • "Shelves in the closet happy thought indeed!"
« Reply #173 on: June 17, 2008, 10:22:46 PM »
A thought on the 666 clue:
in the bible, revalations 13:18 says 666 is the mark of the beast and that this "beast" or "anti-christ" will have a mark on its right hand and last night I noticed victorias star tatoo on her right hand. Also there have a many religious clues so far this season and I belive Victoria is the only one with faith now that Ali is gone( :tup:I am basing this on the fact that she crossed her self before last weeks quiz.) also she is from bishop texas. Just some thoughts.
"But pride where there is a real superiority of mind, pride is always under good regulation." ~Mr. Darcy, Pride and Prejudice~

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #174 on: June 17, 2008, 10:51:47 PM »
Hmmm...great ideas! Or the "Mark" ??

I def think the religious imagery is significant though...but I'm still wondering about the Pisco Sours too! :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule: