Author Topic: The Mole 5.0 *Ongoing Clue Analysis and Challenge Discussions*  (Read 231355 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: The Mole 5.0 *Ongoing Clue Analysis and Challenge Discussions*
« Reply #125 on: June 13, 2008, 07:33:54 PM »
Thanks for the analysis jskura!

I've been thinking it was some kind of code all week too!

Reading up on cryptography 101... :lol3:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline randallcornelius

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #126 on: June 13, 2008, 07:57:44 PM »
following up jskura's theory, i change my mind and i think i have a breakthrough on the letters clue....

the clue card showed that the letters look like this:

ABCBB
ACCBCA

i was looking at some screen shots for the seating arrangement in episode 2 for the elimination and the seating arrangement is as follows:

Bobby             Craig          Kristen                  Alex             Mark

A                   B                   C                         B                 B

Clay             Nicole             Liz                Victoria                Ali               Paul

A                  C                   C                     B                      C                  A

based on that, we can see that clay, bobby, and paul had the highest grades on the quiz. Also, you can see that Liz had one of the lowest, and therefore, gets voted off.

if this concept is correct, we can assume that clay, bobby, or paul is the mole. Thanks, jskura, you were right on the theory about them being grades, i think.  :js:

« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 08:27:35 PM by randallcornelius »

Offline Rabbit

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #127 on: June 13, 2008, 08:01:42 PM »
supposedly Francis Bacon had an ABC code but it's based on 3 letter combinations and could realistically spell out almost anything.

other than that, i can't find any other ABC coding.

He also had a Baconian Cipher but that relies on just A's and B's.

Offline jskura

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #128 on: June 13, 2008, 11:12:16 PM »
following up jskura's theory, i change my mind and i think i have a breakthrough on the letters clue....

ABCBB
ACCBCA

i was looking at some screen shots for the seating arrangement in episode 2 for the elimination and the seating arrangement is as follows:

A                   B                   C                         B                 B

Clay             Nicole             Liz                Victoria                Ali               Paul

A                  C                   C                     B                      C                  A

based on that, we can see that clay, bobby, and paul had the highest grades on the quiz. Also, you can see that Liz had one of the lowest, and therefore, gets voted off.

if this concept is correct, we can assume that clay, bobby, or paul is the mole. Thanks, jskura, you were right on the theory about them being grades, i think.  :js:

w00t. I knew my somewhat incoherent ramblings would turn out to be something. However, based on that, Craig wouldnt be the mole, as everyone here seems to think.

Interesting indeed.

Offline Rabbit

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #129 on: June 14, 2008, 12:44:15 AM »
everyone except me! lolol

yes there are overwhelming and copious amounts of clues indicating Craig is the mole. For that reason alone, i am striking him off my list.

I went with Clay from the start and i'm sticking to it. Maybe it's just cause i'm stubborn cause there's nothing really to point to him.

Offline multi007

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #130 on: June 14, 2008, 09:35:12 AM »
Dont forget, Its not just who scored the lowest on the quiz but also who finished the fastest.  For example, if everyone got 4 questions wrong, the person who took the longest to finish the quiz would be the one who got executed.  So its not all about answering the questions. It also has to do with speed - as far as being a "tie breaker".

Offline jskura

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #131 on: June 14, 2008, 11:18:27 AM »
That would explain the 4 C's, and the reason Liz got the axe.

But if this theory is correct, Craig only got a B, while there were a number of others who received an A

Offline Blondie

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Watch out, I will chop you!!!
« Reply #132 on: June 14, 2008, 11:58:23 AM »
What other words can we make out of the heart clue?

earth
hater

??
Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth...AMEN..!!

Offline knuckles487

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #133 on: June 14, 2008, 12:43:41 PM »

There was obviously a lot of work and thought that has gone into the grade theory, and even though it could be right, I hesitate to think it is actually grades for a couple reasons.

The main reason is because the clues we receive are for one specific person.  The mole.  They never refer to a group of people.  Although one clue to be applied to more than one person, there has never in the course of all 5 seasons been a clue that just narrows it down to a group.  Not an actual clue anyways.  And this is an actual clue.  Even if at the end of the season the mole happens to be someone from the "A" group, it is merely going to be coincidence just going by the grade theory and applying it to a small group.  There are all types of things in the show that can be attributed to a group and at the end if the mole is in one of those groups we could say, "see, we knew the mole looked for pigs".

The second reason is based on the first reason.  Not knowing how each person answered the quiz, or even if there was a tie and they had to use the slowest time, this does us no good.  The clue cards and mobile text clues are based on information that they have shown us.  That provides us the needed tools to apply the clue to a single person.  Those two types of clues aren't based on speculation or things we have to guess about.  We have the necessary information whether we realize it or not.  It's just up to us to figure out the proper way to decode it.

Other clues in the show, and again I am speaking of actual clues and not just things we latch onto and think could be a clue, are provided not only for us at home but also the players in the game.  Not having access to or even  knowledge of the clues ABC gives us, the show has to provide additional clues so they can spot the mole.  They just have to be on their toes like we do and realize they have information pointing to one specific person and figure out the way to decode it.

So I hate to say it but I truly believe we just haven't figured out the proper way to decipher this particular clue yet.

I've seen the groupings in the previous post that use the seating at the execution, and not being able to figure it out that way, I even did a new list using the seating at the meal before the execution.  It gives a different set of groups but again, it is completely useless since we don't know what to do with it from there.

And in case anyone wants to try the new groupings, at the dinner table Jon was seated at the end and then 5 players down one side of the table and 6 down the other.

Craig, Bobby, Kristen, Clay, Alex....Jon on the end
Mark, Ali, Victoria, Paul, Liz, Nicole

A= Craig, Mark, Nicole
B= Bobby, Clay, Alex, Paul
C= Kristen, Ali, Victoria, Liz

Offline multi007

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #134 on: June 14, 2008, 03:01:38 PM »
That would explain the 4 C's, and the reason Liz got the axe.

But if this theory is correct, Craig only got a B, while there were a number of others who received an A

Not necessarily.  The problem is we are not told how each person performed on the quiz.  Its hard for us to predict if a person who got executed, Liz for example, got executed because she was the slowest during a tie breaker, or because she answer more questions wrong than the others.   Its not a perfect theory but just another thing to look at.

Offline multi007

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #135 on: June 14, 2008, 03:05:03 PM »

They never refer to a group of people.  Although one clue to be applied to more than one person, there has never in the course of all 5 seasons been a clue that just narrows it down to a group.  Not an actual clue anyways.  And this is an actual clue.

This is very true.  I do believe this clue has something specific to do with the mole.   I wonder though if the producers are going to have a clear revealing of who the mole is like it did during season 2 like "Bill is the Mole". 

Offline washburn927

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #136 on: June 14, 2008, 09:17:20 PM »
I just had some ideas that I'm gonna throw out there, and let me know what ya'll think. I've noticed several religous symbols that the camera focused on during one of the episodes, and I've also read several posts commenting on them, e.g., the virgin Mary, the picture depicting the disciples, and the statues. I also noticed that Victoria did the Catholic sign just before taking the quiz. Someone else noted the "Italia" jacket that Jon Kelley wore before the soccer challenge. Combining that with the other religious symbols, I remembered that the Vatican is in Rome, Italy, and that Italy is famous for its Catholicism. So, perhaps the mole is Catholic. But it also makes me suspicious of Ali, who prayed before she went over the waterfall in the first episode. I believe she wears a cross necklace as well. One more thing--she is from St. Louis, which is a Catholic name. Again, these religious things could be meaningless, but then again, they could be subtle clues.

Offline olivesandhummus

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #137 on: June 15, 2008, 08:42:35 AM »
In one of the intros, who is it that says "I've got some things planned, we'll see who survives"?? ... I know it's one of the guys, but I can't remember who it is!! I just thought this was kind of macho for one of them to say... unless it was actually the Mole. I searched the thread and can't find it.

Offline olivesandhummus

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #138 on: June 15, 2008, 02:02:10 PM »
I went back and found that quote I was talking about was in one of the previews building up to the show. It was Alex who said it.

I also went back and watched the soccer game again, and I noticed that Clay was wearing jersey #11.

Offline randallcornelius

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #139 on: June 15, 2008, 04:16:35 PM »
i can't get my mind off of that letters clue...

i still think that the seating at the elimination might be what the clue is referring to, i wanna throw something else out there...

what about the word "heart", the other clue, being used as a cipher for the letters clue? maybe? i just want to throw it out there...

and good point at clay wearing jersey #11, good catch.

Offline olivesandhummus

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #140 on: June 15, 2008, 09:43:41 PM »
at first I thought the heart clue referred to Craig because someone said his profile mentioned he had a "big heart", and the clue was written HEART in caps (i.e. a big heart). But now that there have been sightings of many hearts (earrings, Bobby and the journal, etc.) I think it might be a helping tool toward another clue too.

Offline washburn927

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #141 on: June 16, 2008, 10:49:06 AM »
Responding to the fact that Clay was wearing the #11 jersey, I also noticed that in both episodes, just before the execution, the camera focused in on Clay's bag first each time. However, I can't get the religious clues off my mind because in years past there's been so many clues in the pictures and camera shots before and during the execution. This season, there's been many shots of the crucifixion, Mary, etc. I also noticed one more thing in episode 2 I believe (maybe it's ep. 1). During the execution, there's a shadow on the wall that looks like a cross. Also, if you read my previous post above, you'll notice that I was suspicious of Ali. Jon Kelley's "Italia" jacket contains Ali's name (itALIa). My gut still tells me the mole is Clay, though, even though there's not many clues pointing to him just because 3 of the 4 moles have been females.

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #142 on: June 16, 2008, 01:34:26 PM »
ABC.com released a new clue online: "s666 - LIAr"

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #143 on: June 16, 2008, 01:39:12 PM »
No idea Cinera

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #144 on: June 16, 2008, 01:41:11 PM »
From the ABC boards
Text clue~
The clue is: grapes.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #145 on: June 16, 2008, 01:42:53 PM »
QuizHere are the questions for the third Quiz:

Question 1: Is the Mole?

Male
Female

Question 2: During the "Fruit of the Luge" mission, which group did the Mole join?

Can't Trust Anyone
Trust Blindly

Question 3: Who was the Mole paired with during "Fruit of the Luge" ?

Paul
Ali
Clay
Bobby
Mark
Kristen
Victoria
Craig
Alex
Nicole

Question 4: In the "Fruit of the Luge" mission, did the Mole put two apples in their fruit line-up/answer?

Yes
No

Question 5: How much money did the Mole's team ultimately add to the pot during the "Fruit of the Luge" mission?

$ 0
$ 2,000
$ 10,000
$ 14,000

Question 6: In the spa portion of the "Dress Code" mission, what kind of specialty massage did the Mole receive?

Grape   :snicker:
Chocolate
Hot Stone
The Mole did not receive a specialty massage

Question 7: Did the Mole participate in the "Dress Code" mission?

Yes
No

Question 8: What was the composition of the Mole's team during "Dress Code"?

All Male
All Female
Mix of both male and female
The Mole did not participate in the Dress Code mission

Question 9: In what order did the Mole's group enter the restaurant during "Dress Code"?

First
Second
Third
The mole did not enter the restaurant

Question 10: Who is the Mole?

Alex
Ali
Bobby
Clay
Craig
Kristen
Mark
Nicole
Paul
Victoria

Offline jskura

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #146 on: June 16, 2008, 07:51:48 PM »

ABCBB
ACCBCA

One more thing I am going to throw out here on this.

There were only 11 people at the first execution, as Dr Whiner spent that night on the beach.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #147 on: June 16, 2008, 08:10:32 PM »
Fruit of the Luge...

Grapes wine, holy wine, sour grapes

LIAr   There is an ALI in there :lol: 

666 = sign of the devil--more religious imagery

6th letter =F

S+fff = ??? chef? :lol:

Just thinking out loud here! :lol3:

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline jskura

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #148 on: June 16, 2008, 08:18:20 PM »
No idea Cinera

The word critical is sitting just to the left of Episode 3.

s666 - LIAr
is
rAIL - 666s

maybe we see rails being evil?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #149 on: June 16, 2008, 08:34:04 PM »
I think I know who goes but I won't spill the beans